Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

new video

edit: sorry for the double post...
    Last edited by witte; 01-10-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    sadly, not as excited for this... which makes me even more sad
    especially now already knowing and hearing a quarter of the album
    a quarter of the album in which only one song really somewhat did it for me
    a sad day for a Reznor fan such as myself, hopefully the album can make up for it

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    why is it a surprise to anyone? the album tracklist was spoiled here on ETS even before the EP came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    sadly, not as excited for this... which makes me even more sad
    especially now already knowing and hearing a quarter of the album
    a quarter of the album in which only one song really somewhat did it for me
    a sad day for a Reznor fan such as myself, hopefully the album can make up for it
    here we go again....
    pfff
    have a nice weekend

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    here we go again....
    pfff
    have a nice weekend
    here we go again, someone who can't handle an honest/negative opinion...
    god forbid, there's a civil discussion where there are positive and negative aspects
    grow up

the Omen EP was a bit disappointing for me and knowing that quarter of it made it to the new album is going to result in some disappointment
    is it a surprise that they are on there? no, of course we all knew it
    but i only enjoyed On A Wing from that EP

did i come on here calling everything shit and throwing a tantrum like some? no
    it's called a discussion board, learn how to use it

i'm hoping for some more direct and gripping tracks on the album... like The Space Between
    where the EP felt kinda lackadaisical and meandering at points

Keep It Together feels like the wrong way to open the album... so much focus was on that track with its prominent place on the EP
    i never enjoyed when the lead off single is also the first track off the album that its promoting
    it takes me out of the moment... kinda like been there, heard that already... i like to be surprised a bit when throwing on a record

i remember throwing on With Teeth for the first time and when All The Love In The World started, it brought a smile to my face...
    something new, something different and not expected
    Last edited by neorev; 01-11-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

blah blah blah

I like a lot of his work with NIN and HTDA in the past but Rob Sheridan sure is getting old me to. We get it dude, you use new technology to make it look old. You are so freaking indie. Why not just move to Austin and get it over with!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY View Post
    I like a lot of his work with NIN and HTDA in the past but Rob Sheridan sure is getting old me to. We get it dude, you use new technology to make it look old. You are so freaking indie. Why not just move to Austin and get it over with!
    I don't think it's about being "indie" at all, but some of his stuff is getting a bit old. The artwork for An Omen reminds me of some of the Year Zero stuff, and eventually people will get tired of glitch art. I still dig it, but if Welcome Oblivion follows the same style, it'll be too much, I think.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    the Omen EP was a bit disappointing for me and knowing that quarter of it made it to the new album is going to result in some disappointment
    I'm also peeved that 1/3 of the album has already been released, and that 1/3 wasn't anything amazing. However, I'm willing to wait for the other 2/3 to make a final decision. I'm an album lover more than a song lover. There have been plenty of songs that I've disliked as standalone tracks, but enjoyed/tolerated when they were used as a small piece to a large jigsaw puzzle.

A major problem I had with The Omen EP was that it started off slow and never picked up, making the mechanical, lethargic pace of 'Ice Age' stick out like a sore thumb. Things didn't actually pick up until the penultimate song, which felt like an epic miscue pace-wise . But instead of the 2nd track, 'Ice Age' is now the 8th track. If livelier tracks precede it then I might think of the track differently. It might become the 'A Warm Place' or 'The Greater Good' of the album - a nice break from the chaos before the final act.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presideo View Post
    I'm also peeved that 1/3 of the album has already been released, and that 1/3 wasn't anything amazing.
    That's hardly something to be peeved about - it's personal taste that you don't like it, not an aggravating thing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    That's hardly something to be peeved about - it's personal taste that you don't like it, not an aggravating thing.
    I can't openly comment about something that myself, and others, find annoying? I think you misunderstand the point of message boards. If you don't like my opinion then give some semblance of a constructive reason why you disagree with me, or don't comment at all. But don't question the merit of my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    No, I think it's fair enough to be a bit pissed about having to buy 1/3 of an album again when there was no indication that the EP was to be part of it.

If the same person doesn't like the EP, it just makes things worse, it doesn't make the above not exist.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presideo View Post
    It might become the 'A Warm Place' or 'The Greater Good' of the album - a nice break from the chaos before the final act.
    Must admit, not expecting any 'chaos' from this project. Hope I'm pleasantly surprised though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Umm...Year Zero 2 anyone?

Don't get me wrong, great album...really enjoyed it the first time through...seeing them in April.

To me, though, the music, lyrics, production are eerily similar to Year Zero.