Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    cd japan says 'the first release is sold out'
    what do they mean?
    maybe they mean EP1, the vinyl of which is sold out and the CD may be out of print too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm both unimpressed and loving this album because i feel like it suffers from that not being finished sound a lot of recent nin work has suffering but I love aspects of it and I have patience but the song build a lot of tension and go nowhere. I can't take it. It's been trent's thing lately.

This album feels like it has multiple endings...
    Last edited by Fragile Teeth; 02-26-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I think I know what you mean. I am still loving it though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is easily my favourite trent release since the fragile at this point, maybe it'll fade with time, but after having not been exactly blown away by the eps the album has been brilliant and thats with a semi standard rip. This is gonna be the first cd i've bought in awhile!

Edit : I forgot still! Best trent thing since still.
    Last edited by Gray Grimez; 02-27-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Are these Amazon only bonus tracks, or will they come with all versions?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-space-be.../dp/B00BL1M5CS
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parasite-bon.../dp/B00BL1M6UE

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raygunprimed View Post
    Are these Amazon only bonus tracks, or will they come with all versions?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-space-be.../dp/B00BL1M5CS
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parasite-bon.../dp/B00BL1M6UE
    Um ...
    those are kinda easily available on HTDA's first EP. Spotify lists them too as bonus tracks, but as they're released previously, it's nbd

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yes I am aware of that. I checked iTunes and the first EP is being offered as bonus tracks also. But as you said, no big deal.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    thanks, key.
    i ordered one a couple of days ago.

cd japan says 'the first release is sold out'
    what do they mean?
    According to Sony online shop, only first press is in digipak and after that it's in normal one. <-I don't know what's "normal", maybe in jewelcase?
    If you can't find a first digipak one, I can find it in my local shop for you.

As for the link, a Japanese music writer uploaded that photo and the obi doesn't say nothing special about Japanese release. So I believe it's a sample.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Amazon have caught up with the delay on the vinyl:

-----------------------------------------------------
    "Welcome Oblivion [VINYL] [Box set]" by How To Destroy Angels
    -----------------------------------------------------

We've learned that, due to a manufacturing defect in the vinyl, we won't be receiving stock of this item in time for the original release date of March 4, 2013. We're sorry to have to let you know that the delivery of your order is likely to be up to 7 days later than you were originally notified.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My CDs in the mail! Maybe I'll get it before the weekend. Speaking of which, this is my first CD since Year Zero.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil Dorbell View Post
    My CDs in the mail! Maybe I'll get it before the weekend. Speaking of which, this is my first CD since Year Zero.
    You lucky bastard. Mine's stuck with the vinyl which, it seems, won't be getting to me for well over a week at this point.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    My experience of buying things from west coast America is I ain't seeing my record til mid-march

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    OK, my CD is here! :-) (amazon.de, I'm in Germany now, release is March 1st)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/399nuabkysbi8qv/DSC_0166.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/91r8irbv030nhym/DSC_0171.jpg

Jealous? ;-)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    i am a bit jealous, actually.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Son of a bitch. I'm very jealous.

I'm a little disappointed that it's not a six-panel digipak, but oh well.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I always said I wanted the next Nine Inch Nails record to have a feeling of material he wrote for Ghosts I-IV but in an actual song/album format. I'm hoping that what we got in Welcome Oblivion doesn't end up being my wish. The music is all over the place and is really interesting in some parts, really damn cool to be honest with you...but I don't get a sense of attachment to anything in particular. I originally thought How Long sounded out of place the first time I heard it, but in the context of the record..it sounds pretty great. I may be repeating myself here...this is now after a couple listens.

Ice Age is still a standout track, but the rest of it with Mariqueen just kind of falls flat to me. I don't really dig her voice with this stuff...I've really been trying but overall, this record really didn't do it for me.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    he wrote
    Four Members.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rob says that people who ordered from the HTDA store might get the vinyl before the 19th; otherwise, the label hasn't given him an update. This is irrationally infuriating. I just want my t-shirts, man.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Some random memories after first listen last night (darkness, bed, headphones): the standout tracks were the first one and surprisingly How Long?, as a very-very-amateur synth hobbyist I can not help but to analyze what exactly is playing at the moment, but during one very strong song in the middle there were so many voices everywhere that it was not possible to keep up :-), then some thoughts like "I know this sound in the right ear from somewhere...", or "breathe - reminds me breathe us in", or "this is definitely YZ reference" (here we go), or "man this is sounding *ucking brilliant, omg, omg, omg", or "increasing volume during the song to build tension... but, again?", or "I wish I found a wife like this and we would make music together, and some babies too if time permits", or "I have to look at the lyrics later"... definitely thinking about the album right in the morning and looking forward to second listen! :-)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Regular CD has leaked

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Four Members.
    Oh wait. Well....yes......I wasn't saying it alone was Trent obviously.

I was saying the stuff that Trent wrote and helped create in Ghosts was material that I hoped kind of bled into the next Nine Inch Nails record, that kind of experimentation freedom...but next time used in a song structure format. Almost like a chopped up or 'digestable' Fragile if you will.

Some of that seems like it's the case for HTDA....not that TRENT ALONE wrote it all. Sorry for the mix up....
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 03-01-2013 at 03:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Regular CD has leaked
    Apart from Substance242's pics, where? Not in the obvious spots to be certain. Though it's only a matter of time as it's available in Germany both physically and digitally. That said, anyone know the status of the vinyl outside the US? I'm still hoping I'm surprised and the vinyl doesn't take THAT LONG to show up at my door, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a small sense of disappointing doom. Now just waiting for the 24/96 on Tuesday.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unheard78 View Post
    Apart from Substance242's pics, where? Not in the obvious spots to be certain. Though it's only a matter of time as it's available in Germany both physically and digitally. That said, anyone know the status of the vinyl outside the US? I'm still hoping I'm surprised and the vinyl doesn't take THAT LONG to show up at my door, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a small sense of disappointing doom. Now just waiting for the 24/96 on Tuesday.
    You mean 24/48

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    You mean 24/48
    Contrary to what has been stated for the first EP, Welcome oblivion will be available in FLAC 24/96.

http://store.destroyangels.com/produ...products_id=12

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I guess the issue of server space costs was resolved by Columbia. Yay record labels

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    From facebook:
    "Unfortunately we've learned that due to a manufacturing error, the Welcome oblivion vinyl has been delayed to March 19th. Our store will be getting the very first shipments from the manufacturer, and we'll ship them out immediately - possibly sooner than the 19th, but no guarantee. And of course if you ordered the vinyl from us you'll still get the digital download on March 5th. The CD release is still on schedule, some people have already received their copies."

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Can someone tweet Rob and ask if bundled packages (i.e. vinyl along with CD/merch) are delayed as well, or if they'll be split to avoid the delay? It's a dumb question and the answer is almost certainly "no", but I guess it's worth a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    guess i'm going to go pick up the cd at local store to tide me over...

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Can someone tweet Rob and ask if bundled packages (i.e. vinyl along with CD/merch) are delayed as well, or if they'll be split to avoid the delay? It's a dumb question and the answer is almost certainly "no", but I guess it's worth a shot.
    I'm going to guess that bundles will be bundles, and they would like to avoid incurring the extra cost of shipping two packages vs. a single package.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So someone posted a FLAC rip on a certain site and since I pre-ordered, despite saying I didn't want to (it's not Trent and company's fault, but look what happened. at least they're keeping us in the loop.), and I'm picking up the CD tonight, I downloaded it. I'm pretty certain it's legit, but Too late, all gone appears to be mastered from a lossy source, just like the iTunes Match version a few of us had. Intentional? Fuck-up on Sony/Columbia's part? Will the 24/96 and vinyl masters be different for that track? Lots of questions to ask as this is not normal.

Furthermore, I'm noticing some mastering differences between the pitchfork rip and the final version, though they're very slight, like The loop closes fading on the the webrip and cutting off firmly on the CD.

I know, I'm probably the only one that cares about such things, but it does make me wonder if the pitchfork version wasn't the final master.