Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1427

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    Really? I'm not sure if you're joking or not lol!! :P
    not a joke. vinyl, especially when it's in a gatefold package, is being compressed by the shrink wrap it's in, and it will cause it to degrade in various ways. slit the end, dump the CD out, and get a plastic sleeve (available at your local record store for under a $1, usually), and leave it in "opened, mint" condition. oh, and store it with the opening of the plastic sleeve at the spine end of the record, not the top, or dust will find its way in much more easily.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I finally got myself to check out the CD that came with the LP and my version has these errors during The Loop Closes. I guess I must download a proper rip of this...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konkelo View Post
    I finally got myself to check out the CD that came with the LP and my version has these errors during The Loop Closes. I guess I must download a proper rip of this...
    EAC ripped fixed the skipping for me. Still strange that it skips with a normal rip though :/ mine doesn't even look damaged either

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Gr3atD3stroyer View Post
    EAC ripped fixed the skipping for me. Still strange that it skips with a normal rip though :/ mine doesn't even look damaged either
    Did your CD do the errors when you were listening it straight from the CD? I haven't checked that yet with my CD but I was wondering if something goes wrong with the ripping.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konkelo View Post
    Did your CD do the errors when you were listening it straight from the CD? I haven't checked that yet with my CD but I was wondering if something goes wrong with the ripping.
    I'm not sure actually, i'll give it a listen now.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Alright, sorry for the double post but I can't edit my post for some reason, it just never loads. Anyway, the last 3 tracks which people have had problems with (Mostly The Loop Closes though) play fine without any skips, silence or any errors at all actually. Must be a problem with ripping it :/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Gr3atD3stroyer View Post
    Alright, sorry for the double post but I can't edit my post for some reason, it just never loads. Anyway, the last 3 tracks which people have had problems with (Mostly The Loop Closes though) play fine without any skips, silence or any errors at all actually. Must be a problem with ripping it :/
    That's really strange. And it was supposed to be for "easy digitalizing"

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Well I was going to ask if anyone would want to sell their "white label" cd but it seems that they are all messed up...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not that anyone cares, but after not being that impressed with the HTDA output so far, and being disappointed on first listen, with the Coachella gig incoming last week I decided to go back and give the album another go and it's now become probably my favourite album of the last few years. In fact I've not felt this way about an album (that I NEED to listen to it again, like some sort of drug) for a very, very long time.

So... Yeah. Consider me totally flipped on HTDA and in love now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So any idea how the then extra songs on the vinyl are? Are they up anywhere? I can't find any source for listening, I'm very curious.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Look on youtube man. That where I first heard them.
    Anyways, does anyone know who i could contact about my vinyl skipping? I bought it at a local store and they don't even have another one to exchange it with.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    would anyone be nice enough in pm'ing me a link to a non-skipping FLAC rip of the white label CD?
    MANY THANKS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I second that. I own it but also had ripping problems.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    after seeing this thing live, I'll just say that there's some problems.

#1 "How Long" can fuck off completely. It's got some interesting drum/synth stuttery things going on, but really? this is a bad song.

#2 "Ice Age" isn't too interesting, but it completely falls short live.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-24-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    after seeing this thing live, I'll just say that there's some problems.

#1 "How Long" can fuck off completely. It's got some interesting drum/synth stuttery things going on, but really? this is a bad song.

#2 "Ice Age" isn't too interesting, but it completely falls short live.
    I agree with both of these, I never ever listen to How Long. I don't think it is completely awful though, its just only okay. The really big vocals in the chorus are its only saving grace to me, I like the sound of them. As for Ice Age, its another song I feel meh about, but I don't discredit it much, I have a few friends who think its like one of the greatest songs ever, so......who knows. I won't be catching HTDA live until voodoo though, so no comment on how these songs are live.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    how long is naff and the harmonies remind me of mama by the spice girls

on the wing still sounds too much like i can see clearly now

otherwise I really like this LP! listening to it all the time

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    the harmonies remind me of mama by the spice girls

I am soooo glad that I already dislike the song otherwise this would have ruined it completely, because it's true.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    how long is naff and the harmonies remind me of mama by the spice girls

otherwise I really like this LP! listening to it all the time
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I am soooo glad that I already dislike the song otherwise this would have ruined it completely, because it's true.
    I'm just glad that I have no idea what song you two are talking about because, frankly, that would mean that I knew a Spice Girls song...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonedwarf View Post
    Not that anyone cares, but after not being that impressed with the HTDA output so far, and being disappointed on first listen, with the Coachella gig incoming last week I decided to go back and give the album another go and it's now become probably my favourite album of the last few years. In fact I've not felt this way about an album (that I NEED to listen to it again, like some sort of drug) for a very, very long time.

So... Yeah. Consider me totally flipped on HTDA and in love now.
    Hear ya, kinda. It's interesting how long it's taken for them to properly grow on me. Concluding my thismanyeth listen of WO as I type this and now suddenly getting those hey, this album is really fucking good feels. Been onboard as a fan since the first EP but now it's, just, greater. One of those records that don't necessarily give you many special vibes at first, but haunt you afterwards, certain parts echoing in your head, and you absolutely have to go back to study it over and over as it eventually becomes this one big outer-worldly entity. Then it's just sexxxxx.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    I'm just glad that I have no idea what song you two are talking about because, frankly, that would mean that I knew a Spice Girls song...
    You're either young or you never had a job with a radio you couldn't turn off between 1995 and 2000, either way - things are going well

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    You're either young or you never had a job with a radio you couldn't turn off between 1995 and 2000, either way - things are going well
    Old enough, but during that time period I either had control of the radio or they weren't the type of music that was piped in where I worked.
    (Don't get me wrong, I remember hearing some of their songs when they first came out... don't remember "Mama" and am not about to look it up to see if it's just that my memory is failing me.)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    Old enough, but during that time period I either had control of the radio or they weren't the type of music that was piped in where I worked.
    (Don't get me wrong, I remember hearing some of their songs when they first came out... don't remember "Mama" and am not about to look it up to see if it's just that my memory is failing me.)
    i used to go over to my friend drew's house and play mortal kombat with her while we listened to the spice girls. it was wonderfully anachronistic.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I don't hear that at all. Explain please.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The way they sing "I hear the warnings on the wing" sounds more or less the same as Nash singing "I can see clearly now the rain -", listen to the two back to back

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

First time I heard it I had I can see clearly now stuck in my head for a week.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The way they sing "I hear the warnings on the wing" sounds more or less the same as Nash singing "I can see clearly now the rain -", listen to the two back to back
    I had no idea what the words actually were (and would always forget to look it up) as my brain would always over-write them with "I can see clearly now, the rain-" and I swear I could hear "is gone" really faded off...

I think I'm a little delusional in my old age...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Played them back to back and I still don't hear it, at least not enough for it to automatically remind me of that song.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Played them back to back and I still don't hear it, at least not enough for it to automatically remind me of that song.
    its pretty obvious. you still cant see it clearly, now?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    its pretty obvious. you still cant see it clearly, now?
    For me, it's kind of like looking at a picture that allegedly features the Loch Ness Monster. You can squint and strain for a bit, and then MAYBE you'll see a blob that kinda, sorta looks like something, but when you look at the picture as a whole, it doesn't look like what you're supposed to be seeing. To me, I can kind of, sort of hear what people are talking about, but I don't personally think it sounds like that. Even if it did sound like that, it's one line, not the whole song. Doesn't really make sense to say "on the wing still sounds too much like i can see clearly now" when you take that into account.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Huh, nobody else got "I hear the lobsters in the sea"?