Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1427

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    My vinyl, which I may never actually listen to showed up this morning.

For the people who are ripping the white label CD to put on their IPods, how are you tagging the album art? Are you replicating the changing artwork, per the official download version, or doing one consistent image for all the tracks?
    I grabbed the embedded art from the digital release, downscaled and converted to JPEG, and put them into the corresponding tracks from the vinyl-issued CD. I swapped ice age and welcome oblivion, and when I hit a vinyl-exclusive track, I re-used the image from the previous track.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    I PMed you a link to the art. For the Vinyl/White Label version, I just tagged the songs with whatever art I felt was appropriate from the digital booklet. I refrained from using the band headshots though because that seemed kind of goofy to me.

Could you hook me up as well? Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Question for folks in the US who ordered the vinyl from modlife with the standard shipping ($7.99) option. Who delivered your order; USPS, or UPS?
    Mine was delivered by UPS.

It was at home waiting for me today Finally listened to the whole record, and I'm quite pleased. Not a single scratch or skip, and the packaging is perfect condition.

EDIT: Question: Does anybody know how many vinyl copies were printed?
    Last edited by Soma; 03-19-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It would've been awesome to pick up that signed vinyl that the band hid earlier. I don't want to buy another copy for playing purposes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Question for folks in the US who ordered the vinyl from modlife with the standard shipping ($7.99) option. Who delivered your order; USPS, or UPS?
    Mine was delivered by USPS, although it seems to have made part of the journey with UPS.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What was the rumored track list for this album? I remember a diffrent track order when An Omen EP was just released.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    So my package finally got here today, and I was met with a bit of a surprise: Modlife shipped a copy of An omen EP_ to me alongside the things I'd actually ordered.

In hindsight, opening it for playing probably wasn't the brightest idea, but I was excited by the fact that I finally had HTDA that I could listen to on my record player. It also plays like shit. Is this a common thing?

Everything looks nice overall, except the wrap on my WO vinyl is a little broken. Nothing to raise hell about, I guess - just a seam.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    In hindsight, opening it for playing probably wasn't the brightest idea
    Naw, you did the right thing. Posters are for looking pretty, records are for playing. If you want an investment, get a financial adviser.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Mine finally arrived today, via USPS. But the jacket has splits on top/bottom and the inner sleeves have splits on every side.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    mine arrived yesterday and, though it was packed VERY poorly (in a box that is almost the exact size as the record, no packing/padding materials, and the CD just floating around in the box) it seems to be unscathed.

will hopefully be listening tomorrow, and there better not be any scratches...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Got my vinyl today. Must admit that I never really bought into the whole modern music on vinyl thing. Bought this for my collection, and also to support the band. Doug out some old equipment, fired it up... Just wow... This sounds AMAZING even on an old Pioneer deck through a broken Yamaha amp and shitty Sony speakers... I listened to the official (lossless) download dozens of times; this sounds better. Everything I thought I knew is wrong......

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    What was the rumored track list for this album? I remember a diffrent track order when An Omen EP was just released.
    afaik it was pretty much the same, bar the first two tracks being switched?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Any of the non-US vinyl preorder people here got theirs yet? I got the "shipped" email last week but haven't heard anything about it yet.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Any of the non-US vinyl preorder people here got theirs yet? I got the "shipped" email last week but haven't heard anything about it yet.
    nothing yet here!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm in the same boat! Waiting for Donkey Punch The Night from the Puscifer store, too.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    afaik it was pretty much the same, bar the first two tracks being switched?
    1- Keep It Together – 4:25
    2- The Wake-Up – 1:42
    3- Too Late, All Gone – 6:14
    4- We Fade Away – 6:41
    5- Recursive Self-Improvement – 6:27
    6- Hallowed Ground – 7:14
    7- And the Sky Began to Scream – 3:56
    8- Ice Age – 6:55
    9- On the Wing – 4:52
    10- How Long ? – 4:02
    11- The Loop Closes – 4:50
    12- Strings and Attractors – 4:28

A lot of the album was flipped around. Knowing how the songs sound now, this track list looks pretty dumb and it probably was only briefly considered. The title track is also missing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Poop... haven't had a chance to pop it in a player and test it, but my white label CD has a large crack going right through the inner circle.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Modlife is sending me another record, because I didnt get the credit sheet. these guys are the shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the loop closes and hallowed ground both skip badly on my white label cd - quality stuff here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hallowed Ground took a loooong time to rip with EAC for my White Label CD. The log file said it was at 91% quality compared to 99-100% for the rest of the tracks, i haven't been able to hear any problems though.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I noticed that the spine of the retail CD states that its Sigil number is "Sigil 04cd". The band's really pushing the idea that the digital download is the definitive method of purchase, aren't they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fwhunnercun View Post
    the loop closes and hallowed ground both skip badly on my white label cd - quality stuff here.
    Are you playing the CD itself or a rip of it? I only ask because I had the same problem with (the end of) 'We fade away', 'The loop closes', and 'Hallowed Ground' for some reason. I thought it was because of my drive spastically changing speeds, maybe combined with the songs would be on the very edge of the CD. Try ripping the skipping tracks again (it took me like 3 fuckin times, but now they don't skip) and see if that helps.

I thought that was weird. I'm gonna try the CD in the car or something. I don't remember it looking scratched.
    Last edited by Amnesiac; 03-21-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    Are you playing the CD itself or a rip of it? I only ask because I had the same problem with (the end of) 'We fade away', 'The loop closes', and 'Hallowed Ground' for some reason. I thought it was because of my drive spastically changing speeds, maybe combined with the songs would be on the very edge of the CD. Try ripping the skipping tracks again (it took me like 3 fuckin times, but now they don't skip) and see if that helps.

I thought that was weird. I'm gonna try the CD in the car or something. I don't remember it looking scratched.

It's the rip that's skipping...haven't tried the actual disc (guess I should try that before I start bitching). I'm going to try again and see what happens.
    Preferences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post

I had the same problem with 'We fade away', had to end up ripping it (via EAC) three times to get it ripped correctly. Welcome Oblivion is my first vinyl purchase and i am sad to say that im pretty damn disappointed at the quality of the delivered product... the the gatefold was dented (as has been mentioned by many others in the US), both album sleeves have worn spots on them (where they didnt fit far enough into the gatefold on each side to keep the sleeves from wearing on the outside), one sleeve had a slight tear/nick in top corner and i wasnt real happy about the white label cd being inserted into the gatefold with the vinyl either. I ordered direct from Modlife and think a large part of the issues came from their packaging for shipping; however, the outer worn spots on the album sleeves is a direct result of the gatefold not being wide enough for them to fit into each side enough to prevent any outer wear & tear.

BUT, it is a KILLER album all griping aside.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    so here's a thing... I'm listening to the actual vinyl for the first time... and I'm definitely not a vinyl purist by any means... but the difference to me is so astounding I almost wonder if there are different mixes, even though I know there aren't. I'm hearing things in these tracks I haven't heard yet. This is a really impressive sounding vinyl (even if I don't care for the sequence).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I had the same issue with We fade away. Gave it the same EAC treatment.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Naw, you did the right thing. Posters are for looking pretty, records are for playing. If you want an investment, get a financial adviser.
    Good man.

A half-way solution: buy a 12" acetate record sleeve to put the discs in, and frame the artwork.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Am I the only one that think the white label CD just looks really fuckin' smooth? The simplicity of the thing is just beautiful. I almost like it more than the actual CD label.
    So I've been enjoying http://uglycds.tumblr.com/ recently but yes, I quite like the simplicity of the bundled CD. I love Sheridan's work on HTDA, but there's something refreshing about "here it is, here's the music, it stands on it's own." I considered framing the bundled CD ironically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fwhunnercun View Post
    It's the rip that's skipping...haven't tried the actual disc (guess I should try that before I start bitching). I'm going to try again and see what happens.
    Preferences
    Received mine today and my rip has skips dying Hallowed Ground.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Got my replacement vinyl from Modlife in the mail yesterday....30 seconds into "The Wake-Up," it started skipping again. I was dead tired, so I just stopped listening after that. If the rest of the disc is the same way, I think I'm just gonna try buying a copy locally, and if that doesn't work, I think I'll just call it quits.

But hey, at least now I have an extra copy of the CD that I can sell off.