Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1427

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    another interesting question to me is at what point it would count presale figures for items that haven't shipped yet.
    The answer is no. I assume you are talking about the Vinyl. Those sales would count for next week when it is released. If it came out on time they would have counted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Received my vinyl this morning. Cool packaging but i noticed that they gave me two copies of the white label cd? both of them have the same exact white sleeve and stuff, did all vinyls come with two or am i just lucky?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    Received my vinyl this morning. Cool packaging but i noticed that they gave me two copies of the white label cd? both of them have the same exact white sleeve and stuff, did all vinyls come with two or am i just lucky?
    You're just lucky.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Am I the only one that think the white label CD just looks really fuckin' smooth? The simplicity of the thing is just beautiful. I almost like it more than the actual CD label.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    I'd say flog the spare on eBay, for people who might want the 2 extra tracks or whatever

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'd be willing to buy the extra disc off of you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was the corner of anyone else's vinyl dented a bit, the records are fine, but the case is kinda smashed.

So who else is going to buy the CD, and put the white label in there?

Deadmau5 is in the special thanks section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just received my vinyl, no damages. Really enjoying the packaging. Going to listen through a few more times with the extra tracks. Really pleased with everything this album has to offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It arrived today, so now I've got two copies on vinyl. Only complaint... yes, I have a complaint... is the jackets on both the pre-order and the version I get at retail have wear like they were pressing up against something, digging into them. The spine has some slight damage too. Minor complaints, but still kinda funny.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    So from the credits I've seen, Ally isn't mentioned in writing and performance at all, but he was on the credits for the P4K stream. What's up with that.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    So from the credits I've seen, Ally isn't mentioned in writing and performance at all, but he was on the credits for the P4K stream. What's up with that.
    print version mistakenly left him out, was too late to fix. everything else got changed in time.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    You'd think the vinyl, with its delay, would've had time to slip him back on though?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Took this morning to listen to the EU vinyl: everything fine (great sounds) till the last song 'hallowed ground'. Some distortion/scratching. A pity, it's my favorite track.
    Anyone the same experience?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I must've just gotten unlucky. I finally had a chance to sit and listen to the vinyl, and "The Wake-Up," "Keep It Together," and all of side B are skipping like crazy. Starting on side C now, no problems so far. Guess I'll get a hold of Modlife and see what they can do for me.

But other than that, the parts that have been skip-free have sounded great!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    You'd think the vinyl, with its delay, would've had time to slip him back on though?
    p sure its the actual vinyl itself and not the packaging that got delayed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My father (60 something) and my wife (30) love Welcome Oblivion!! I am super thrilled!!! They've always enjoy the same music as I do, for the exceptions of "heavier" stuff, like Deftones or NIN.

I think it's their first true Trent Reznor experience and they are loving it. Awesome!!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I think the author of this review is on some kind of hallucinogen. But, I still like it for some reason. http://providence.thephoenix.com/mus...come-oblivion/

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    hmm i got my vinyl today. but with no liner notes. thats pretty annoying. for example, I dont have this.
    http://i.imgur.com/MzxXxrk.jpg

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Did you only get one of the two records?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I bought the vinyl and cd yet I'm told 4 items are shipped.. this has never happened to me before.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Did you only get one of the two records?
    Got two records but apparently this copy was missing the an extra sheet with all the data on it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    If you're going to manually add album art, you may aswell go the whole hog, and for the two extra tracks just use a couple of the art variations
    Is there a link to the art in case the more fanatic among us were so inclined?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Is there a link to the art in case the more fanatic among us were so inclined?
    I took the included tablet wallpaper files in the digital download version and sized them to 600x600, which is pretty easy to do. Additionally I pulled the images out of the digital booklet and sized those for 600x600. I can try to post those somewhere.

Taking a look at the embedded images in the digital download version, those are all 1500x1500 which explains why the mp3s were so damn big. But maybe they felt like giving those inclined, and obsessive enough, to play with the tagged artwork something to work with.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    I took the included tablet wallpaper files in the digital download version and sized them to 600x600, which is pretty easy to do. Additionally I pulled the images out of the digital booklet and sized those for 600x600. I can try to post those somewhere.

Taking a look at the embedded images in the digital download version, those are all 1500x1500 which explains why the mp3s were so damn big. But maybe they felt like giving those inclined, and obsessive enough, to play with the tagged artwork something to work with.
    cool, thanks -- I found the art for most of the files elsewhere on the site, but do the extra vinyl tracks (a lot better than I was expecting) have their own unique art as well?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    My vinyl arrived today (I ordered a t-shirt as well) and I'm not thrilled with the packaging & shipping effort. Granted, cracking on the top and bottom outer sleeve and seam busting on the inner sleeve is minor. They should have folded cardboard around the album and then put it in the box so it wouldn't slide around during shipment. Oh well, I'll probably buy a mint version on RSD or when I visit Japan and just eBay this one. I will admit the white label CD is pretty cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    cool, thanks -- I found the art for most of the files elsewhere on the site, but do the extra vinyl tracks (a lot better than I was expecting) have their own unique art as well?
    I PMed you a link to the art. For the Vinyl/White Label version, I just tagged the songs with whatever art I felt was appropriate from the digital booklet. I refrained from using the band headshots though because that seemed kind of goofy to me.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    I PMed you a link to the art. For the Vinyl/White Label version, I just tagged the songs with whatever art I felt was appropriate from the digital booklet. I refrained from using the band headshots though because that seemed kind of goofy to me.
    Thanks a ton. You rock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After listening to the vinyl instrumentals for the 1st time, I have to say that their first impression on me is a positive one.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Got my LP from Amazon today. Ol boys shipped it WELL. It was wrapped up tight in a standard vinyl mailer, and then sealed inside of another giant box loaded with bubble wrap and tissue paper. So, yeah, Amazon will always be awesome.
    Last edited by richardp; 03-19-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Question for folks in the US who ordered the vinyl from modlife with the standard shipping ($7.99) option. Who delivered your order; USPS, or UPS?