Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1427

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Lack of communication and the fact that, if we weren't a community, loads of people wouldn't even know about the delay, as many of us I'm sure don't use the same email account for transactions as for general use #paranoia
    The HTDA Twitter account announced the vinyl delay on March 1. So did the Facebook page. The HTDA store has been updated to reflect the March 19 delay date. And as for the March 4 e-mail, how else should we expect Modlife to communicate with customers if they're not given a proper e-mail?

Seriously, I'm not sure why that's a lack of communication and what else people could want. (What else are they going to tell you just a week later... Hey, folks -- vinyl is still delayed! Just checking in!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well a week after the release date has passed and still no CD, I guess thats why they offer a download ? The kicker is that Jello Biafra announced a new release for his band that would happen on April 2 but if you pre-order the disc they will ship it to you in mid march. Needless to say my Jello Disc showed up on Saturday.....some do it right and it seems Trent does it wrong with pre-orders....live and learn

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by downward View Post
    Well a week after the release date has passed and still no CD, I guess thats why they offer a download ? The kicker is that Jello Biafra announced a new release for his band that would happen on April 2 but if you pre-order the disc they will ship it to you in mid march. Needless to say my Jello Disc showed up on Saturday.....some do it right and it seems Trent does it wrong with pre-orders....live and learn
    Same. Still waiting and getting pretty annoyed considering I can take the five minute walk into town and pick the thing up in HMV. What's worse is that, via amazon and HMV at least, the album is selling for nearly 4 quid cheaper than what I paid for it via the pre-order. Same thing happened with Ghosts; I ended up getting the CD nearly a month after the release date. Not to be dramatic, but I think it's safe to say I'm done with buying direct from now on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by downward View Post
    A little off topic but anyway, good to hear that the Jello Lp's are on the way, I ordered from alternative tentacles as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All of you make great points, though I'd say the best summary of our collective frustration is a combination of what Final Destiny and sheepdean wrote, which is it's not something that's in their control and they're trying to rectify it, but as we paid them for something that wasn't officially announced as an issue until the last minute, it would be appreciated if we could get further details about what's happening. I'd intended from the beginning to buy the album on CD and vinyl but only pre-ordered the vinyl as I knew I'd likely get the CD a few days early care of a friendly retailer. I feel really bad for anyone that ordered the CD and vinyl from the official site as they're waiting for their whole order, and it also burns since we've been waiting for our bonus tracks while the rest of the world already has them. And I haven't even mentioned the so-called 24/96 audio. I suppose anything can happen in situations like these, but it just feels like Sony dropped the ball on the vinyl pressing and someone else... did something... with the download. Sorry, I don't know who to blame for that one.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unheard78 View Post
    And I haven't even mentioned the so-called 24/96 audio. I suppose anything can happen in situations like these, but it just feels like Sony dropped the ball on the vinyl pressing and someone else... did something... with the download. Sorry, I don't know who to blame for that one.
    To try and summarize the 24/96 issues, based on a thread scan. Please let me know if I missed anything:

they put out 24/96 ALAC files that iDevices can't handle
    they're really 24/48 that ended up mastered at 96

I'm not surprised they're really 24/48 given what TR said in the first HTDA Q&A, but I am surprised they ended up releasing them in 96 and iDevice-incompatible. Puzzled/wondering whether the "padding" does or should take up negligible space (over 24/48) due to FLAC/ALAC formats compressing emptiness very efficiently.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    To try and summarize the 24/96 issues, based on a thread scan. Please let me know if I missed anything:

they put out 24/96 ALAC files that iDevices can't handle
    they're really 24/48 that ended up mastered at 96

I'm not surprised they're really 24/48 given what TR said in the first HTDA Q&A, but I am surprised they ended up releasing them in 96 and iDevice-incompatible. Puzzled/wondering whether the "padding" does or should take up negligible space (over 24/48) due to FLAC/ALAC formats compressing emptiness very efficiently.
    I have a feeling whoever they use for mastering (Brian Gardner still?) outputs everything in 24/96 no matter what, and they put those tracks on the store without converting them. Happened with TSN, TGWTDT, HTDA EPs...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So are people preferring the cd tracklist or the vinyl? I've been listening to the vinyl tracklist lately, and although I like the bonus tracks, I don't think they necessarily add much to album overall and find the cd tracklist to be much more coherent sounding. I also find Ice age between Atsbts and Wo sounds out of place and makes more sense following Wo and leading into Otw. Anyone prefer the vinyl sequencing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like Welcome Oblivion being moved to after Ice Age on the vinyl, but the bonus tracks aren't that big a deal. Don't get me wrong, they're not bad or anything, but they're certainly not essential. I guess it's like The Fragile in the sense that the various bonus tracks issued in different formats don't really affect or change the album.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I guess it's like The Fragile in the sense that the various bonus tracks issued in different formats don't really affect or change the album.
    Lol..try telling that to all the folks who used to frequent them bloody ultimate Fragile re-issue threads!

Anyway, I welcome the bonus tracks, at least they carry more substance than say, the two bonus ghost tracks.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I think the band's trying really hard to keep the indie style and going for small distro, but us NIN fans they dragged through with them are clogging up the system. Hopefully Sigil 5 will be released through Columbia distribution - regardless of other issues with labels, they get shit done on time 99.9% of the time.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

it also burns since we've been waiting for our bonus tracks while the rest of the world already has them.
    This was where I was going to make the point that if you were that burnt by not having the bonus tracks, the Internet.
    I like Welcome Oblivion being moved to after Ice Age on the vinyl, but the bonus tracks aren't that big a deal. Don't get me wrong, they're not bad or anything, but they're certainly not essential. I guess it's like The Fragile in the sense that the various bonus tracks issued in different formats don't really affect or change the album.
    But then before I got a chance to, you did it for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, you wanna get upset? Just got a call from a friend that owns an indie record store and they just received the US vinyl pressings of WO. What happened to the webstore getting them first? I'm going by there later today and will post a photo to confirm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

I just got mine in the mail. I'm in California. I only ordered the vinyl. I preordered from modlife.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    My order's still processing, but that's a good sign that some are arriving.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Got an email confirmation that my pre order has been shipped. just now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Got an email confirmation that my pre order has been shipped. just now.
    Same here.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I have a link on my order history page that says "Click here to track order" just below my vinyl order. There is no tracking number included in the link. It just sends you to a ups.com tracking page prompting you for a tracking number, but no tracking number in the email. I think modlife needs some quality control. . . Maybe this will end up being like my GWTDT soundtrack order. That one was on my doorstep when I got home from work on the same day that I received the shipping notification email. . .

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    I have a link on my order history page that says "Click here to track order" just below my vinyl order. There is no tracking number included in the link. It just sends you to a ups.com tracking page prompting you for a tracking number, but no tracking number in the email.
    Same thing is happening to me. Maybe the tracking number just isn't in UPS' system yet and the link will eventually take us right to it? I know that happens sometimes.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Same thing is happening to me. Maybe the tracking number just isn't in UPS' system yet and the link will eventually take us right to it? I know that happens sometimes.
    No, the tracking number never shows up, from my experience. Had a shirt ship on release day and never got a tracking number for it. Modlife's links are broken, as usual.

My package shipped today too, finally. It'll probably take another fucking week to get here, though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    got the email too! nice to see it's before the 19th

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Just got my dispatch notification!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just got my dispatch notification!
    Ditto! Psyched to have it in my hands.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Got shipping confirmation for my vinyl as well! I'm super excited. This is the first physical copy of the band's music I've purchased (which is already making me want to complete the collection in reverse order). Really curious what the flow will be like.

I have a feeling I'll have a new appreciation for the album simply on the basis of playing it on a sound system that isn't my laptop monitors. I've still only gone through the whole album a few times, but that synth line at the end of "Strings and attractors" could go on for days it's so beautiful. Probably my current favorite. I wouldn't mind an extended live version of that song. Also, the vocal production on "Too late, all gone" is just awesome. The alternating between Mariqueen and Trent is masterful.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Got shipping confirmation for my vinyl as well! I'm super excited. This is the first physical copy of the band's music I've purchased (which is already making me want to complete the collection in reverse order). Really curious what the flow will be like.
    Good luck getting the first EP on vinyl - it's out of print and ebay copies are going for $60+

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Good luck getting the first EP on vinyl - it's out of print and ebay copies are going for $60+
    Fnrgh I suspect I'll regret skipping that one.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm not surprised. CD will have to do for now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Recieved my vinyl. Yes!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    With one person in the US getting their preorder, I take it there's no bonus extra in the package?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    With one person in the US getting their preorder, I take it there's no bonus extra in the package?
    Yes, there's a white label CD of the vinyl. And the joy of knowing you helped support a band directly.