Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1427

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Is it just me or does Unintended Consequences totally end with the same sound that opens Ice Age, as if it's supposed to transition into that song?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Is it just me or does Unintended Consequences totally end with the same sound that opens Ice Age, as if it's supposed to transition into that song?
    Erm, isn't it the opening of Speaking In Tongues that it transitions into?

:edit: Clue to the one true playing order! First person to nail it is the greatest of all the knights at the Round Table.
    Though it does present the issue of whether it should go before or after We Fade Away... sigh. I'm going to bed.
    Last edited by Vertigo; 03-08-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Erm, isn't it the opening of Speaking In Tongues that it transitions into?

:edit: Clue to the one true playing order! First one to nail it is the greatest of all the knights at the round table. Though it does present the issue of whether it should go before or after We Fade Away... sigh. I'm going to bed.
    It comes directly before We Fade Away, according to the tracklisting.

Never mind, I totally missed the point of your edit. But that's where it is officially.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    It comes directly before We Fade Away, according to the tracklisting.

Never mind, I totally missed the point of your edit. But that's where it is officially.
    Well, the point is that on the vinyl, Speaking In Tongues would come directly before We Fade Away, but on the CD WFA is before Recursive Self Improvement, which immediately precedes Unintended Consequences and, consequently (hilarious), SIT.

I'll second Sheepdean in wanting to know how the vinyl's sides are divided in terms of the track list, and third Reznor2112 and Neorev in saying that it would be absolutely terrible if someone PM'd me links to lossless versions of those two extra tracks. An awful and dispicable thing to do. I could never, ever possibly forgive that person. Especially if they were in M4A format.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Are there any differences in the songs? Segues or extended sections? I won't have the chance to listen to it until tomorrow evening, so I'm hoping someone here will fill me in so I can be lazy about it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Well, the point is that on the vinyl, Speaking In Tongues would come directly before We Fade Away, but on the CD WFA is before Recursive Self Improvement, which immediately precedes Unintended Consequences and, consequently (hilarious), SIT.
    I'll be honest, I have absolutely no idea what you're getting at. What's your rationale for Speaking in tongues's position anywhere in the tracklist?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Just after a few listens and something about the vocal-performance and the lyrics on the album really annoy me. It sounds a bit too clean and posed for my taste, I guess. The fact, that the lyrics aren't exactly above generic level, doesn't help either. It's just... all the conceptual stuff, the videos, the ridiculous Spelling_, the way how serious they appear to treat their music (and themselves), all this talk about marketing strategies and holding back on releasing the thing for almost a year, ... it all adds to making the whole thing seem incredibly bloated to me.

I understand that it's always been this way with NIN, too. And I'm beginning to wonder if I'd feel the same about TF or TDS, would I hear 'em for the first time now. I really liked The Slip because it felt like Trent had something to say... about the business and his role/place in it... there was a voice there and it seemed like he actually had fun making it, while not tinkering on details for months or years... the record - while not perfect - felt spontaneous and fun. And that's exactly what I feel is missing on the HTDA stuff. Concept and lyrics just come across as corny as can be. I can't make out any voice of importance here.. nor any interesting takes on the topic... or simply fun lyrics. It just feels like a concept made up in hour long sessions by 4 friends after just having seen The Road in theatres.
    WO is playing it safe by adding dark lyrics (See: NIN) and dystopian topics (see: NIN) to noisy beats (see: NIN). When Trent said he wanted to challenge himself musically and artistically, I certainly didn't expect him to challenge himself by collaborating with friends/family or interchanging the personal of the live band, while releasing awfully similar music for 4 years and playing HLAH on festivals... again. Especially after his publicist put in all the work in the "Wave Goodbye" and "It doesn't feel like me anymore" arena.

That being said... I can totally see, why people are digging/loving the album. The band caters to the choir here and if you can't get enough of top notch dark beats with cheesy lyrics NIN style, this is for you and you should buy and listen the hell out of it...
    Last edited by r_z; 03-08-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Just after a few listens and something about the vocal-performance and the lyrics on the album really annoy me. It sounds a bit too clean and posed for my taste, I guess. The fact, that the lyrics aren't exactly above generic level, doesn't help either. It's just... all the conceptual stuff, the videos, the ridiculous Spelling_, the way how serious they appear to treat their music (and themselves), all this talk about marketing strategies and holding back on releasing the thing for almost a year, ... it all adds to making the whole thing seem incredibly bloated to me.

I understand that it's always been this way with NIN, too. And I'm beginning to wonder if I'd feel the same about TF or TDS, would I hear 'em for the first time now. I really liked The Slip because it felt like Trent had something to say... about the business and his role/place in it... there was a voice there and it seemed like he actually had fun making it, while not tinkering on details for months or years... the record - while not perfect - felt spontaneous and fun. And that's exactly what I feel is missing on the HTDA stuff. Concept and lyrics just come across as corny as can be. I can't make out any voice of importance here.. nor any interesting takes on the topic... or simply fun lyrics. It just feels like a concept made up in hour long sessions by 4 friends after just having seen The Road in theatres.
    WO is playing it safe by adding dark lyrics (See: NIN) and dystopian topics (see: NIN) to noisy beats (see: NIN). When Trent said he wanted to challenge himself musically and artistically, I certainly didn't expect him to challenge himself by collaborating with friends/family or interchanging the personal of the live band, while releasing awfully similar music for 4 years and playing HLAH on festivals... again. Especially after his publicist put in all the work in the "Wave Goodbye" and "It doesn't feel like me anymore" arena.

That being said... I can totally see, why people are digging/loving the album. The band caters to the choir here and if you can't get enough of top notch dark beats with cheesy lyrics NIN style, this is for you and you should buy and listen the hell out of it...
    Agreed.
    Trent needs new demons to haunt him.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroisGreg View Post
    Agreed.
    Trent needs new demons to haunt him.
    The facepalm button just isn't strong enough

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone care to PM me the 2 vinyl bonus tracks in mp3?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    The facepalm button just isn't strong enough
    Actually he really did come back haunted....(ba dum tshhhhhhh)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Maybe his next album should be about his fans.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ^^ +1 for me. a PM would be nice if possible. would like to download the white label CD besides from the torrent sites. many thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm quite liking the extra tracks. Was hoping for some vocals but I was assuming they'd be instrumentals so no biggy. Wouldn't say they surpassed Recursive Self Improvement but I adore that weird ass track something fierce so that's hardly an insult. I can see them quite happily sitting inbetween the other tracks.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    quite like "The province of fear" but "Unintended consequences" kinda drags for me (like "Recursive..."). glad to have them, though; they both carry the feel of the apocalypse and big brother and the general themes of the album.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Anyone know what tracks are on what side of the records?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Never mind, I figured it out. I'll post the differences tomorrow if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Last edited by witte; 03-09-2013 at 06:41 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ^
    Beautiful. Cannot wait to get mine.

Can I use these photos on the nin.hu Fb page?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

The vinyl packaging looks really nice!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    re: my previous posts: We Fade Away is completely and utterly something that sounds lifted from the GWTDT score but with TR vocals on top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    We Fade Away is completely and utterly something that sounds lifted from the GWTDT score but with TR vocals on top.
    you mean that annoying beeping buchla-ally-style sound?..
    yeah, it`s all over GWTDT

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    re: my previous posts: We Fade Away is completely and utterly something that sounds lifted from the GWTDT score but with TR vocals on top.
    And your point is?

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    And your point is?
    I had asked butter_hole which songs on HTDA sound like previous work involving Trent Reznor.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    edit: nevermind, carry on.
    Last edited by Demogorgon; 03-09-2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: unnecessary

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The packaging of the vinyl looks REALLY nice! I can't wait to get mine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Vinyl arrived today, looks amazing and sounds pretty nice too! There is no mention on the EU release of any SIGIL or sigil mark or whatsoever. Is it on the US CD release?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thetourist View Post
    Vinyl arrived today, looks amazing and sounds pretty nice too! There is no mention on the EU release of any SIGIL or sigil mark or whatsoever. Is it on the US CD release?
    Yeah it says Sigil 04 on the spine of the CD case.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    So, I JUST noticed the different "album art" on my ipod this morning.. *blush*

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Damn that vinyl looks incredible. Can't wait to...look at the front and back of mine and never open it.

I didn't realize that Modlife ships through UPS. Plus I don't have a tracking number for my package because the link included in the order page was blank. This is becoming frustrating again.