Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    No. Enlighten us.
    I use the Flashgot extension in Firefox, it's my weapon of choice for ripping. On this site however, I only see these videos (in .ogv and .mp4). Strange. Maybe they're supposed to play where these big white holes are left in the artwork?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The liner notes that describe it as being recorded by Blumpy who did the live sound mixes... does that suggest that some of it may have been done live?
    Oh yeah, god damn this is rad. I was really ill today and this cheered me up a hundred fold.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    This is a pretty sexy release! And the sky began to scream, We fade away, and Welcome Oblivion are immediate favorites and I still love How long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This. Is. Epic.

Some real eargasm material!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrie_Schnee View Post
    Errrrrrrrrr... did you guys see that the Pitchfork-Stream is full of hidden .mp4s?

Edit:
    On closer inspetion, they seem to be snippets from Ice Age & The Loop Closes-videos. Superficial inspection revelead no ARG-clous, though....
    By hidden do you mean displaying in full screen on your browser in a rotation as the music plays?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Fucking brilliant. Also this was made in the perfect time. Everyone getting big in the electronic/rock world refuses to go for a darker aesthetic. Well! Trent is happy to fill that spot! And better than anyone else could fucking even hope to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This album is fucking good. I had low expectations - I downloaded all the EPs but I've hardly listened to them - but this is an entirely different beast. A much better one. Just frustrated I can't download it from them right now to have it to carry around.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    the 4sec skip (actually just a restart) are because of the crazy RTMP streaming they are doing. I couldn't find a good way to rip the RTMP stream but somehow the russians did. However they weren't perfect!
    Almost certain you can just chop off the first ~4sec of the songs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I would love a pm with the "no-skips" album if it's possible, I've not listened to this yet because I don't want to do it streaming it on my laptop (poor sound on it) and so far I've only found a rip in a russian site ("m****boom") and I guess that it has those skips in the songs that you were talking about.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The thing is only streaming at 192kbps, listening on your laptop won't make much difference

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Wow, I didn't think that I'd say that, but they won me over with this one. This is a superb album and I really can not wait to hold a physical copy in my hands in 2 weeks time. The title track, strings and attractors and the sky began to scream are my favorites as I ran through the record a couple more times. I'm curious how the vinyl tracks will sound.

Still, ice age and how long do absolutely nothing for me. I'm glad that the album is pretty much different than these tracks.

Damn you Trent, you did it once again!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    We Fade Away at ~4:20 reminds me of The New Flesh at 0:45

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is a really, really cool album. Especially with the visuals to complement the songs. Funky, glitchy, subtle, catchy and (in places) heavy as fuck. Awesome.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I love this album. I preordered the vinyl just after the first listen.
    If anyone could drop me a PM with a link to the skip-free rips that would be very appreciated!

Congrats to everybody involved in this project! The visuals are amazing too

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'll have to agree with what one of the users before me said. Love this thing to death except for Ice Age and How Long...the two songs they chose to shine more attention to with the vids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Pitchfork player keeps stopping in the middle of songs so I have to restart. Bloody annoying, so if someone could PM me a link to the rip I would love you forever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    The thing is only streaming at 192kbps, listening on your laptop won't make much difference
    Yeah, I guess the mp3s are not the best quality, I'm not an audiophile obsessed about this kind of stuff, but the main problem with my laptop is the volume, which is too low, it's not connected to any kind of good speakers and its own speakers just suck, so I would rather have a decent rip for my usb stick that I can just connect to my tv and from there I'll have a much better listening even if the mp3s are not the best possible quality.

Sooo, I would appreciate any kind of mp3 rip please, I promise I'll buy the CD when it's out. XD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    looks like somebody ripped the 192Kbps stream already

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konstantin View Post
    looks like somebody ripped the 192Kbps stream already
    Who? XD Don't be shy, tell me with a pm if you are kind enough, please. XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, i really need that pm with the download link. The pitchfork player is really terrible!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Thom York's web developer is a fucking cunt

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    i saw it on piratebay

Of course already purchased vinyl and cd version

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I fixed all tracks. PM for link.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Thom York's web developer is a fucking cunt
    ???
    Confused...

BTW, the pirate bay rip seems to be very decent quality. It appears that the files are all named track 1, track 2, etc... but when placed in iTunes, all info shows up correctly ad in order.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Can I get a pm to the DL link? Stuck at work, Pitchfork hates mobile devices, just want to have it when I get home. Please and thank you in advance!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    ???
    Confused...
    It's entirely off-topic. I just needed to say it. I figured it would get buried quickly in this thread.
    This monstrosity is what flattened ETS today: http://amok.atomsforpeace.info/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'd appreciate a download PM over yonder as well. Will be pre-ordering the vinyl version, but being able to listen to it without Pitchfork would be lovely.

Amazon lists Welcome Oblivion as 3 discs for the vinyl version, so it's safe to assume that the white label CD of the vinyl comes with every copy?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    At the risk of sounding righteous; the album hasn't been released yet people.

The Pitchfork stream is meant to be a preview, not an avenue to get the best rip. I understand the eagerness and excitement, and in some cases, frustration that the Pitchfork site doesn't give them what they want. But that's what March 5th is for...

Patience, people, patience.

EDIT: Pre-ordered the LP (696!) and have been told I can't listen to the album until I'm home as the significant other wants to listen to it with me for the first time. The pains of coverting others to TRez-heads...
    Last edited by Canuckle; 02-19-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    Amazon lists Welcome Oblivion as 3 discs for the vinyl version, so it's safe to assume that the white label CD of the vinyl comes with every copy?
    If you look at the tracklisting on Amazon disc 3 definitely appears to be the CD vinyl version.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm having no problems streaming from pitchfork on my laptop or my mobile... just saying.

Album sounds good, i'm not going to bother with a pre-order, i'll just buy it from my local music shop when it's released.