Page 49 of 109 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 3258

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    N-O

Just say "no" to any political BS from musicians these days. Too many are doing it and it's honestly fatiguing. Visit cnn.com for the daily "What might happen if Trump might or might not do this?" drama.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Their next album can be about whatever the hell they want it to as long as it's good and exists as far as I'm concerned. I'm down with whatever's authentic and energized for them.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    Yeah I noticed that. I find it odd that the live version is available to stream but the studio version isn't but oh well
    Because that's the only way they will sell any copies of Three Sixty. Without a new song (studio) to attract buyers, it has nothing going for it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I can totally see them making some sort of half-assed live/b-sides album with 2 new tracks on it. They have fallen into Tool territory with the "New album to follow" nonsense. I'll believe it when I see it (Even though every time this thread is bumped, I run right to it )

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    N-O

Just say "no" to any political BS from musicians these days. Too many are doing it and it's honestly fatiguing. Visit cnn.com for the daily "What might happen if Trump might or might not do this?" drama.
    lol this is the most absurd shit, I see it constantly. "Stay out of politics! Go back to [music/comedy/movies/TV/etc]!" Like wtf? All of a sudden, artists aren't allowed to be political or speak their opinion? Why doesn't this apply to everybody? Why aren't people going around to normal people on Facebook and yelling, "Stay out of politics! Go back to [plumbing/fast food/farming/whatever job you have]!"

Art has always been political. Artists have always been outspoken. And honestly at this moment in time, silence could easily be interpreted as complicity in what's happening. More people need to be speaking out. We need art and artists to create and speak out about this shit.

When we stop seeing art without a political stance, then we need to start worrying. That would be the worst thing that could happen to art.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    lol this is the most absurd shit, I see it constantly. "Stay out of politics! Go back to [music/comedy/movies/TV/etc]!" Like wtf? All of a sudden, artists aren't allowed to be political or speak their opinion? Why doesn't this apply to everybody? Why aren't people going around to normal people on Facebook and yelling, "Stay out of politics! Go back to [plumbing/fast food/farming/whatever job you have]!"

Art has always been political. Artists have always been outspoken. And honestly at this moment in time, silence could easily be interpreted as complicity in what's happening. More people need to be speaking out. We need art and artists to create and speak out about this shit.

When we stop seeing art without a political stance, then we need to start worrying. That would be the worst thing that could happen to art.
    Some of the best art in world history has been political. Huckleberry Finn is perhaps the greatest novel in American literature and it's political. I think it's hyper ignorant when people tell artists--people who are often keen observers of the world around them--not express a political opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post

Look, the point of my post was I'd rather not have politics be the "creative force" behind a band in 2017. The shit's already played out due to the Trump election, but I guess that somehow makes my opinion "wrong". I'm not on FB, let those morons argue with each other all day for all I care. I've seen those comments as well- and it typically comes from hypocrites that disagree with the others opinions. Works both ways.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Just say "no" to any political BS from musicians these days.
    Fuck that. Some of the best music has come out of times of social and political turmoil. Yeah, you might have some shit mixed in there (I'm sure everybody and their brother AND their mother wrote a Vietnam protest song), but times like these can be a great source of inspiration, whether it's directly or indirectly responsible for it.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Fuck, wrong thread, carrry on.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Some of the best music has come out of times of social and political turmoil.

Absolutely. Just now, year 2017 and just a few weeks into Trump's presidency, the shit is played out already. It's tiring from my POV and just my opinion.

Carry on.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Absolutely. Just now, year 2017 and just a few weeks into Trump's presidency, the shit is played out already. It's tiring from my POV and just my opinion.

Carry on.
    I understand where you're coming from, music is a good form of escapism for me and while the current political shitstorm is a good source of inspiration I kinda don't want to hear about it all the time especially in a form of media I use to get away from this mess.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, music is a good form of escapism for me and while the current political shitstorm is a good source of inspiration I kinda don't want to hear about it all the time especially in a form of media I use to get away from this mess.
    I'll be honest, I find it kinda cathartic to listen to political music when it's wearing on me. I probably listened to eMOTIVe Live all day the day after the election.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

If you cast your minds back to May of 2004, APC was touring the US to promote Thirteenth Step. Some may recall that the band stopped at two radio stations to do intimate acoustic sets of Weak and Powerless, A Stranger, and The Outsider. On their second appearance, between each song, Maynard spoke about the meaning and thought behind each.

I have tracked down those radio tips and would gladly hand them out if I can find a generous host for them.

PM me.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    At last!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Well, I'm feeling awfully good about deciding to see them this tour now. I'm very excited for whatever their new music will be.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    N-O

You're wrong. I have a problem when artists post political stuff on social media. Because who cares. That's the laziest way to act like you're making a difference.

But they are fully within their rights and duties as artists to create art as commentary on the current state of affairs.

If you don't like it go listen to Brittany Spears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    You're wrong. I have a problem when artists post political stuff on social media. Because who cares. That's the laziest way to act like you're making a difference.

But they are fully within their rights and duties as artists to create art as commentary on the current state of affairs.

I have no problem with artists tweeting about politics and stuff. Patton Oswalt's tweets about Trump have been hilarious. Spreading awareness is doing something and if there's something they wanna speak out about, they should.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I have no problem with artists tweeting about politics and stuff. Patton Oswalt's tweets about Trump have been hilarious. Spreading awareness is doing something and if there's something they wanna speak out about, they should.

I'm not talking about comedians. We're talking about musicians here. Dialogue is a stand-up art form.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post

Yes, thank you for pointing out my OPINION is somehow "wrong". I'll go listen some Brit-Brit now.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    you didn't hear? only my opinion matters. its in the Bible. read it.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I love how the dickishness and elitism of the Tool fanbase carries over to the APC fanbase, too.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I love how the dickishness and elitism of the Tool fanbase carries over to the APC fanbase, too.
    I hate Tool and tool fans.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Could just be an EP or even just a new song. Not necessarily a full album. Unless I missed that.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Could just be an EP or even just a new song. Not necessarily a full album. Unless I missed that.
    That article states the band is working on a full length album.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Literally the second sentence of the article.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Literally the second sentence of the article.

Yikes! Haha. I only read Billy's quote. Sometimes these sites take a situation like this and blow it up into "the band is releasing a whole new album!" When the band never said that. Which is why I went straight to the quote from Billy and skipped the rest but since BMG said it...hell yeah! More excited now.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    APC "will" debut new material when the tour starts:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/enterta...r-decade-vegas

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Interesting how that writer took not just one, but two different opportunities to completely disregard eMOTIVe as an APC album.