Page 88 of 109 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 3258

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm usually a sucker for vinyl boxes, but this one didn't grab me. I like the simplicity of the box over the vinyl sleeve, but it's just filled with a lot of stuff I wouldn't want. Wouldn't have minded getting the white vinyl, but being able to grab the black vinyl in a brick-and-mortar store was easy enough for me. Not a fan of the blue/red set. Maybe if the colours weren't so vibrant.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Custom card deck? Why? I’m into that prism though, that’s interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    In fairness it was put on the website the day the album was officially announced, it just got delayed a week because of a printing error.
    I know but still. Just another way to squeeze out money for die hards. I legit would’ve bought it on release day 4/20 had it been available but I preordered the basic vanilla black vinyl edition they offered since it was all they had minus the indie white press.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Yeah, I just saw the unboxing for the box set and I gotta admit - that prism thing is actually really intriguing. What a cool way to make someone put their phone down and listen to/watch the album. Hmm.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wait...

there are people who dislike 13th Step?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    Wait...

This was news to me as well.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    Wait...

Maybe not by now but when it came out it was rough.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    If you put the prism up to the sunlight and shine the rays onto the Pumpkins' Teargarden By Kaleidyscope vol. 1 obelisk, you summon up James Iha, who then promptly leaves your band

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Pretty cool in-depth podcast Billy recently did: http://www.thevinylguide.com/episode...perfect-circle

Another episode with Paz: http://www.thevinylguide.com/episode...-of-the-pixies

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    If you put the prism up to the sunlight and shine the rays onto the Pumpkins' Teargarden By Kaleidyscope vol. 1 obelisk, you summon up James Iha, who then promptly leaves your band
    Better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all?...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So, I’m a huge fan of this album. Even the parts I was initially cold on grew on me. The one disappointing thing I’ll say is that it has too many “touchstone” songs for me. Mostly, I think, because we heard so much of it pre-release.

I’m sure most of you know what I mean. Songs that place where you’re at on an album or maybe a go-to song that the songs in-between kind of seem like flyover country.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Been playing the new album on a loop for over a week. Prefer the second half of the album to the first, feel like I have to study the lyrics to the songs which I don't normally do.
    Booked my tickets for June and December

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So the performance on Jimmy Kimmel was totally pre-recorded.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I don't know about you guys ut I can stop playing this new record, not sure why because I can see many flaws in there but this is still a pretty damn catchy record with some great moments, quite enjoying it, i guess i missed APC more than I thought.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Yes, they almost always are.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I hate to take the magic and mystery away from it, but the entire "Jimmy Kimmel Live" show is pre-recorded, actually.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The new album is good. It's not the best album I have heard by a Maynard and Billy collaboration but it is far from mediocre. I think a lot can be said about having fire in the furnace at their age. None of these guys are hungry for success like they were in the 90s and early 00s. Yet they managed to create a very mature album that is an enjoyable listen 14 years removed. It could have very easily been fan service. Though I don't think Maynard has the mentality to do that regardless, my expectations still weren't very high, which rewarded with a pleasant surprise.

Edit: Now I say that and yet, admittedly, my expectations are beyond unrealistic for Maynard's other band. But perhaps that is due more to the musicians involved than Maynard. But that's a discussion for the other thread.
    Last edited by pulse; 05-07-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Most televised performances usually are.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Most late night talk shows are recorded in the afternoon/early evening. It’s fairly obvious as you can see by the apc performance: it’s daylight.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i'm confused, are people not understanding that late-night talk shows aren't actually broadcast live, or are people saying that the musical performance itself was "taped" and they were just lip-syncing and pretending to play their instruments?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm confused, are people not understanding that late-night talk shows aren't actually broadcast live, or are people saying that the musical performance itself was "taped" and they were just lip-syncing and pretending to play their instruments?
    Oh, i didn’t even think about that. I assumed they meant that it wasn’t broadcast live. Given the amount of roadies I saw working on stage it didn’t even cross my mind that the performance itself was taped but I suppose it’s entirely possible, albeit incredibly disappointing.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    Oh, i didn’t even think about that. I assumed they meant that it wasn’t broadcast live. Given the amount of roadies I saw working on stage it didn’t even cross my mind that the performance itself was taped but I suppose it’s entirely possible, albeit incredibly disappointing.
    that's why i was confused. i've watched plenty of late night musical performances from the last 20 years or so and they have never seemed "taped" to me, so idunno.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    that's why i was confused. i've watched plenty of late night musical performances from the last 20 years or so and they have never seemed "taped" to me, so idunno.
    I present you... Muse

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^
    Yeah, lots of shows in Europe are playback (Top of the Pops comes to mind). Muse were definitely protesting/taking the piss by them all switching band roles for it.

I can't imagine APC did a 5 song mini-concert that was all playback (they continued to play songs after the taping). That doesn't even seem plausible.

*edit, not to turn this into the Muse thread, but they always do outrageous things when forced to lip synch, or even when they were told not to swear (they didn't even have any songs with bad words at the time), Matt decided to change most words in the second verse to fuck. No wonder why some shows only allow playback heh.

Last edited by halo eighteen; 05-07-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Nothing beats Kurt Cobain going full Morrissey with "Smells Like Teen Spirit".

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Didn’t Queens of the Stone Age “play” laptops while performing 3 & 7s on some show?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Maynard’s vocals definitely sounded recorded to me. Even look at the very small handful of snippets during Kimmel where you can see his lips move. Something was “off” from him at least.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Maynard’s vocals definitely sounded recorded to me. Even look at the very small handful of snippets during Kimmel where you can see his lips move. Something was “off” from him at least.
    There are effects on his vocals. Possibly autotune but it sounds too chorus-y to be professional live autotune imo. Plus, remember, the video and audio are recorded, mixed, and combined later. As stated, it’s not live so the sound is often mixed again after the performance and before it airs.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Most live performances on talk shows and music shows have pre-recorded studio vocals and instrumentals.