Page 20 of 110 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Personally all I give a shit about this release is a studio version of By and Down. I already own all the albums and have no reason to buy this.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Personally all I give a shit about this release is a studio version of By and Down. I already own all the albums and have no reason to buy this.
    I'm fairly excited for the live mixes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I'm fairly excited for the live mixes.
    Here's the thing, though: the live mixes are also coming out on the box set, which I'm sure you'll download even if you didn't shell out the $175.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by renholder View Post
    Here's the thing, though: the live mixes are also coming out on the box set, which I'm sure you'll download even if you didn't shell out the $175.
    What's your point? They were going to release this collection one way or another. At least the band decided to take part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah that's the plan. I'm interested in new material even though I think the band is a shambling skeleton of what it used to be, offering up scraps in the the most crass, greedy, and uncreative way possible.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    From facebook:
    "After reading your comments, we've decided to make the audio and video from the now sold out box set, A Perfect Circle Live: Featuring Stone and Echo available digitally on Nov. 26. There are a total of five digital releases being made available: Stone And Echo (DVD), Stone And Echo (audio), Mer De Noms Live (audio), Thirteenth Step Live (audio) and eMOTIVe Live (audio, and includes live versions of the band's new song "By And Down" as well as the "Diary of a Madman/Lovesong" medley. We'll post pre-order links as soon as they are available."

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    If you have such a low opinion of the band, why are you hanging around here, man?
    You're right- sorry, I don't know what i was thinking why am i even oh god

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What's your point? They were going to release this collection one way or another. At least the band decided to take part.
    My point is that Three Sixty is a missed opportunity. They could have included DIFFERENT live stuff - like anything off of the Live in Phoenix promo disc. Or, even better, the Thirteenth Step acoustic sessions that never saw full release. It would have been really easy to make this desirable.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frozen beach View Post
    from facebook:
    "after reading your comments, we've decided to make the audio and video from the now sold out box set, a perfect circle live: Featuring stone and echo available digitally on nov. 26. There are a total of five digital releases being made available: Stone and echo (dvd), stone and echo (audio), mer de noms live (audio), thirteenth step live (audio) and emotive live (audio, and includes live versions of the band's new song "by and down" as well as the "diary of a madman/lovesong" medley. We'll post pre-order links as soon as they are available."

fuck yes!!!!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: A Perfect Circle

A radio station in Ohio played (studio) By and Down 30 minutes ago. Missed it. :-(

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Hopefully now that it's out there it'll show up in the usual places.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    They're marketing the hell out of By and Down for the simple fact they know that's all they got to show for this upcoming release. I like live recordings but I was never jizzing my pants for any during my fandom. Most fans are probably like me - wanting new studio recordings and fresh things. Live versions aren't much a thing new really. We've all had or heard bootlegs.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Hopefully this is all throat-clearing for new studio material to come at some point.
    I guess also they gauge the response this stuff gets, which also might help motivate them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    This image is so much better than the official 360 artwork.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Hopefully this is all throat-clearing for new studio material to come at some point.
    I guess also they gauge the response this stuff gets, which also might help motivate them.
    They definitely gauge the response to this stuff. People forget that artists get and give instant feedback these days. I remember an interview where Maynard said he felt like they stuck his neck out a little with eMOTIVe and got their heads chopped off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll regret not paying for the "limited edition" of this, when I download the torrents.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Has anyone deciphered the runes in the picture I posted? I'm away from my computer for a week and can't do it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Has anyone deciphered the runes in the picture I posted? I'm away from my computer for a week and can't do it.

"YOU AND YOUR EMTPTY ALLOCUTION" I'm guessing they're lyrics...?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Those are indeed By and Down lyrics. "showing only your missing pieces/'til the tide betrays you/and your empty allocution"

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This image is so much better than the official 360 artwork.
    FINALllyllyyyyyyy

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

I looking forward to the official releases of Diary of a Madman and Ashes to Ashes. None of the recordings that are floating around sound all that great

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    By and Down isn't going to be released as an mp3?
    We have to buy the 360 cd?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    By and Down isn't going to be released as an mp3?
    We have to buy the 360 cd?
    I don't see why not but if it isn't, I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm still torrenting this when it's released.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    yeah... I unfortunately will be hitting up pirate bay or something. I don't generally buy or listen to live albums anyway, so the only thing I want from this is any and all extra studio tracks, and if I can't download those separately, then the choice is obvious.

jaimie Guest
    I'm actually quite annoyed by the fact that because I bought the box set I have to either wait an extra week to hear the material or purchase the digital downloads on TOP of my $150 box set purchase since the box set is being shipped 12/2 and the digital downloads are available 11/26.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

That is pretty annoying, all things considered. Maybe they'll provide a voucher for a digital download

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    By and Down sounds ah-maaazing. I will ilegally download the crap out of that song.

jaimie Guest

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

That's pretty fantastic.