Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: A Perfect Circle

jaimie Guest
    Touche fillow.

This probably isn't gonna go over well and I know this is the internet and all but christ some of you like to complain about every little thing. So you clicked into a thread about a band you like and there was NO news to report?!? Wow, bummer. It didn't cost you any money and it took maybe 30 seconds of your time, is it really that big of a deal?

If threads were ONLY created on the occasion that a band did "something new" this thread technically shouldn't even exist here. I get that some of you are bitter about the tour (not that I agree) but realistically whether the tour kicked ass or not is pretty much irrelevant as far as what they are up to now. Even if it blew your mind they likely still wouldn't be doing anything at the moment and you complaining about how "bad the tour sucked" is only boosting the thread which is essentially what you're complaining about in the first place right?

I have seen this complaint several times now so perhaps I see message boards differently than most but to me they're a place to discuss various topics with others who have similar interests. The rapid report of new activity you typically get is a perk, not necessarily their sole purpose.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Agreed. Also keep in mind however that a lot of people here actually have interest in more than like, two bands total, so some like to skim through a bunch of threads about a bunch of different artists. Just playing devil's advocate...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Agreed. Also keep in mind however that a lot of people here actually have interest in more than like, two bands total, so some like to skim through a bunch of threads about a bunch of different artists. Just playing devil's advocate...
    You are a broken record with this two bands thing. Just because someone doesn't post in 1,800 threads doesn't mean they only like the bands whos threads they post in.
    Last edited by RJK; 05-10-2012 at 02:16 PM.

jaimie Guest
    Well well well can't say I am surprised that A. you were the first person to respond and B. you made a snarky personal dig in the process. That said, I am slightly surprised you didn't find some way to call me a groupie so hey, way to keep things interesting!

I truly don't feel the need to prove myself to you but just be aware that the fact that I only post about a few artists here is in no way indicative of a lack of interest in others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This argument is pointless. A forum is a place where people exchange ideas on a topic. These ideas don't have to be new, and they don't have to be news. If you are browsing this place, only going into recently updated threads, only expecting there to be news, then you are doing it wrong. If I feel the urge to come discuss how amazing I think Paz's version of The Hollow is, I should be able to do so without people asking me to shut up because that has nothing to do with the band's current situation. Having people refrain from discussion on a topic, unless there is something new to report, is a great way to stifle conversation and ruin the great dynamic that a message board has.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Actually I didn't even notice who that person was (didn't notice who until looking just now) since the username is different.

A. Wasn't talking about anyone in particular, otherwise I would've named someone.
    B. Thought it was clear with the 'devil's advocate' thing...

Way to keep up the ETS tradition of everyone taking the internets so srsly.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimie View Post
    Touche fillow.

This probably isn't gonna go over well and I know this is the internet and all but christ some of you like to complain about every little thing. So you clicked into a thread about a band you like and there was NO news to report?!? Wow, bummer. It didn't cost you any money and it took maybe 30 seconds of your time, is it really that big of a deal?

If threads were ONLY created on the occasion that a band did "something new" this thread technically shouldn't even exist here. I get that some of you are bitter about the tour (not that I agree) but realistically whether the tour kicked ass or not is pretty much irrelevant as far as what they are up to now. Even if it blew your mind they likely still wouldn't be doing anything at the moment and you complaining about how "bad the tour sucked" is only boosting the thread which is essentially what you're complaining about in the first place right?

I have seen this complaint several times now so perhaps I see message boards differently than most but to me they're a place to discuss various topics with others who have similar interests. The rapid report of new activity you typically get is a perk, not necessarily their sole purpose.
    +1
    how most people on the internet see themselves

how they come across

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I don't want people to stop talking about APC. I just want them to bitch more about APC's lack of respect for their fans. :/
    That is all. Now back to special footage and extended packages.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 08-12-2012 at 09:00 AM.

jaimie Guest
    No and I get it. I personally wasn't dissapointed by the tour but that's not to say I don't understand why some of you were.

I guess I just hate to see people being discouraged from posting things they find, asking questions or looking for specific items they may not have because when they do they get scolded for posting about something that isn't related to new activity from the band.

october_midnight - Oh okay, well forgive me for assuming you were referring to me when it was a post in direct response to something I said and using a specific insult you have directed towards me in the past. Sorry about that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wasn't talking about anyone in particular. Could've said 'four bands' or 'three bands'. Was just trying to make a point, didn't mean it as a dig.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    EDIT

(ten characters)
    Last edited by aggroculture; 08-12-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    lol october_midnight seems to clash with 99.9% of people on this board.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    sup forum

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I just want them to bitch more about Maynard's lack of respect for their fans.
    fixed that for you. You think anyone else in the band is the reason for the delays? Those guys, part. Howerdel would jump to start up the APC machine again if they could.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    A Perfect Circle will be playing at Soundwave 2013.

Enjoy, ya Australian fucks.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Wonder who'll be in the line-up. So cool. might have to go over. Hoping they do an NZ Show though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was hoping they'd be on the already awesome BDO lineup. It's cool they're making Soundwave though. There goes another $190 .__.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post

Maynard James Keenan in Australia? Reinforce the dams.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post

Will do!!!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Fuck yes! Tomahawk and Kyuss too!

BDO is dead to me forever.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Hoping we can get some kinda release to hype up the tour.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Or any kind of release at all...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I just realized it's been a year since I saw APC in Pittsburgh - And a year since "By and Down" was introduced, and hinted as a small release.

That's kinda depressing. I mean, I know the dudes are all busy, but man...It would've been great to at least get just that song.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'm gonna be meetin' Jaime down here!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maybe I just find it weird for bands to tour and play shows without releasing anything. Agreed that they're all busy, so it's understandable. But you'd think that with the time to rehearse, travel and perform, they could be working on new material. That bugs me.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    So even though Josh will be drumming at Soundwave with Paramore, he won't be playing with APC?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    @seanbeavan - I am mixing @aperfectcircle live at Red Rocks right now and i have to say @JeffFriedl is a frickin' machine!

!!!???!?!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Bah, was hoping Josh Freese was coming to Australia.