Page 30 of 110 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by renholder View Post
    Swag is free stuff. (Shit we all get.) You guys are thinking of merch.
    Haha I'm a moron, I knew that. Sorry.

I guess I'm not gonna debate the finer points of the band's finances. I think they deserve to make money. I don't think anything has just been a blatant cash grab at this point. But I could be wrong

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Honestly, as an APC collector (seriously, I have a problem, and have had a problem for ten years), the only thing that really upsets me is the three different versions of Three Sixty (regular, deluxe, and deluxe box set with T-shirt). Such a pointless release, and my addiction will probably make me buy all three versions.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

I missed out on a t-shirt?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I missed out on a t-shirt?
    Best Buy has a version of the deluxe Three Sixty with a (XL) shirt. It is still available on their website.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    You can still get it. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/three-si...cle&lp=14&cp=1

It only comes in XL, and it's a really cheap looking, ugly red octopus on black t-shirt.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: A Perfect Circle

The shirt looks like the green 2011 tour shirt. To be honest I never opened the best buy exclusive to even look at the shirt. (yes I bought all three different copies.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    The shirt looks like the green 2011 tour shirt. To be honest I never opened the best buy exclusive to even look at the shirt. (yes I bought all three different copies.)
    Well, I know who I'm PMing if I ever decide to sell my collection..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    So that Amazon listing says 6 discs, if a $50 set has more content than the $150 set I will be PISSED.
    The audio of Stone and Echo should probably be on 2cds.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    The audio of Stone and Echo should probably be on 2cds.
    Good point. It is 98 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it is indeed split across 2 CDs. On the iTunes version, there is a fade-out of audience noise after The Noose (#12) and a fade-in before 3 Libras Remix (#13). The album isn't tagged as a double album though, but it would make sense.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I like having the Trifecta version of Fiddle And The Drum with Maynard saying "turn the page..." and the completely serious Stone & Echo version.

Btw, this is the first time I've heard the live renditions of Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie and People Are People (and Annihilation for that matter) -- eMOTIVe was meant to be a live album. So, so much better than the studio.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I like having the Trifecta version of Fiddle And The Drum with Maynard saying "turn the page..." and the completely serious Stone & Echo version.

Btw, this is the first time I've heard the live renditions of Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie and People Are People (and Annihilation for that matter) -- eMOTIVe was meant to be a live album. So, so much better than the studio.
    I've got to agree. Especially about Gimme. Although I love the juxtaposition between Billy's Peace Love and Understanding and his People Are People. Should have been back to back on the album since they're thematically tied, IMO.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Has anyone watched the video yet?

jaimie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by renholder View Post
    Has anyone watched the video yet?
    The DVD? I have. Overall it is much much better than I was expecting. The performance itself is fantastic and the quality of the footage is not quite as "artsy" as The Noose from Amotion. That said, my one major complaint is the fact that it never really focuses on any one shot for more than 2 seconds. The quick camera changes can get frustrating and I have never understood the reasoning behind it. I mean, sometimes I just want to watch Billy play a fucking solo without having to see it from 6 different angles.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anybody recieved the boxset? Is it "All enclosed in a beautiful media book" as stated on amazon?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Anybody recieved the boxset?
    It is suppose to be shipped out tomorrow.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Bands typically lose money touring. They recoup from SWAG. That's why I asked.

If bands are losing money touring then they're doing it wrong. I was on the road for a year and a half, and the only shows we lost money on was the free benefit shows we played. And those were mostly set up for us through our sponsors, so we still made money in the end.

If a band loses money touring then they bit off more then they could chew and/or mismanaged their money. Hell what is the point of touring if you're not making money?

Bands typically lose money recording and releasing albums. They recoup that money by touring.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Touring can be different as well.
    NIN probably lost a lot of money while touring LITS and Tension, bun probably earned during Wave Goodbye (zero production) and Twenty Thirteen (festivals, duh)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    NIN probably lost a lot of money while touring LITS and Tension, bun probably earned during Wave Goodbye (zero production) and Twenty Thirteen (festivals, duh)
    Uh... zero production on the Wave Goodbye tour? What?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Yeah I read somewhere NIN lost money on the Tension tour. I haven't heard anything about the LITS tour...

The production of Tension had to cost a fortune. Not to mention adding 3 professional musicians to the band. Their time isn't cheap. And ticket sales were down(at least in my area, the show in Detroit had NOBODY there and floor tickets were available from the day they went on sale to the day of the show)

Anyway back to APC

Is the video worth buying?? I "sampled" the 3 live albums but I only paid for 13th step. I'd love to see a whole song off the dvd before I shell out the cash for a copy.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    its pretty cool so far, with the exception of the super cheesy ball and totally obvious final cut x video effects...

i say its worth 26 bucks on iTunes. watching it now on my apple tv and stereo cranked. looks good. sounds good. feels good too.

uh huh thats right.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    its pretty cool so far, with the exception of the super cheesy ball and totally obvious final cut x video effects...

i say its worth 26 bucks on iTunes. watching it now on my apple tv and stereo cranked. looks good. sounds good. feels good too.

uh huh thats right.
    :feelsgoodman:
    Last edited by Ryan; 12-11-2013 at 11:36 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage
    Every year I bust out the audio recording to get myself in the Christmas spirit
    Link? I keep managing to get my hands on it over the years, and then managing to lose it somehow.
    Anyone?

ten char

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

So, I decided to get the S&E video. It is definitely interesting. I wish someone hadn't mentioned cheap effects cuz it distracted me at first. Took me awhile to get into a groove with it.

From a purely production standpoint, it's pretty good. Right around the middle of Weak and Powerless the editing starts to find its rhythm and a theme starts to emerge. Unfortunately, as someone who has spent too much editing videos, I see a lot of hallmarks of poor shooting. The quality is all over the place. Lots of tight digital zooms to cover for low-quality cam up-sampling. A lot of random B Roll cover.

Having said that, once it hits its groove, it works wonderfully. Some of the shots are downright gorgeous and the effects start to mesh into a coherent theme and things stop being unexpected.

I'd rate it a solid B.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Anyone get any shipping emails yet?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Anyone get any shipping emails yet?
    Nope. I'm guessing next week at the earliest?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Woo hoo! I got my box set in the mail!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Woo hoo! I got my box set in the mail!
    Dang.

Did you get any emails regarding the shipping process? I haven't heard anything since the email a few weeks back saying it would be delayed.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Moar pics!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Dang.

Did you get any emails regarding the shipping process? I haven't heard anything since the email a few weeks back saying it would be delayed.
    No I did not actually. According to the tracking number on the box it was shipped out yesterday.