Page 29 of 110 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I might be late to the party but i saw that there is now a greatest hits collection called "Three Sixty". Coming out and i thought it was all kinds of laughs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I, too, like to put periods. Into my sentences at inappropriate points.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I might be late to the party but i saw that there is now a greatest hits collection called "Three Sixty". Coming out and i thought it was all kinds of laughs.
    Quote Originally Posted by renholder View Post
    I, too, like to put periods. Into my sentences at inappropriate points.
    lol I read @Wretchedest 's post like five times wondering what coming out had to do with APC and why it spawned so many laughs.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

I wish they'd stop calling it a greatest hits and just call it an anthology already. From interviews, that's clearly what the band considers it.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    My coherence is at the mercy of my tiny phone keyboard and thick thumbs, it seems.

And for what its worth I think "Three Sixty. Coming Out" is a much better title. :P

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's probably nothing but...

Anybody saw this? A "6CD release" of A Perfect Circle Live to be release next month?

http://www.amazon.com/Stone-Echo-Liv...dp/B00GJCRJM0/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Maybe they're doing an additional pressing without the signed lithographs and stuff.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Maybe they're doing an additional pressing without the signed lithographs and stuff.
    Well maybe I'm going to be batshit excited if it's true! For 50$? It's WAY to good to be true. Given the whole thing is 80$ on iTunes. I really don'T want to get my hopes up. But I really wish it was true. Let's be patient... again.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Most definitely. I'd love to have a physical copy of these albums.

jaimie Guest
    This doesn't seem right because if this is true the box set purchasers basically paid $100 for a frame, guitar pick and signed lithograph(s).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So, what you're saying is, it's almost definitely true?

jaimie Guest
    Yeah sadly nothing surprises me with this band anymore.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    It's probably nothing but...

Anybody saw this? A "6CD release" of A Perfect Circle Live to be release next month?

http://www.amazon.com/Stone-Echo-Liv...dp/B00GJCRJM0/
    I got fucked! lol

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

I kinda thought it was weird when they were talking about this "limited release" of a concert film and copies of all their albums performed live. I mean, I really do believe they were intended as a limited release.

Then it sold out quick despite the cost. So they decided to do a digital release. The copies of which started to chart on Amazon and iTunes. So they'll offer a cheaper version of the box set--maybe.

If it is, I'll bet good money it's a standard slip cover or multi-fold digipack with the albums and video included.

So I'd say the people who got the early edition are still going to get a resin (right?) case, the signed stuff, and a guitar pick.

I'll take this chance to say that I have no idea what sort of money the band is making off this. I've kind of even wondering. They're not collecting royalties on the covers. They're probably making a whole lot of nothing from Three Sixty (since Virgin owns the recordings) hence "By and Down" being album only. And who knows if the band has debt from the tours or the albums.

Eh. This might be a cash grab. But who the hell is bankrolling these guys? A Perfect Circle is its own entity now.

Edit: Now someone tell me why I'm wrong.
    Last edited by gerbil; 12-09-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    ...So, would anyone who ordered a box set and feels sour about it wanna trade it away then, or...?

You still got a pretty rad collectible. I'm still kinda jealous that I didn't get one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, we can't really whine. If we don't want it, we can sell it for $300-$600 on eBay right now.

jaimie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    ...So, would anyone who ordered a box set and feels sour about it wanna trade it away then, or...?

You still got a pretty rad collectible. I'm still kinda jealous that I didn't get one.
    Honestly I would consider it. I'm not a collector of things in general and really don't care about much outside of the actual audio/visual content which I've now already fucking purchased digitally anyway.

jaimie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by renholder View Post
    Yeah, we can't really whine. If we don't want it, we can sell it for $300-$600 on eBay right now.
    Pretty sure it's going to greatly devalue once people get wind that they can buy physical versions of the content for $50.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I got fucked! lol
    I bought nothing yet. I will buy something eventually.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimie View Post
    Honestly I would consider it. I'm not a collector of things in general and really don't care about much outside of the actual audio/visual content which I've now already fucking purchased digitally anyway.
    Yeah, I can definitely see where that would rub people wrong. Like you said, it'll be worth next to nothing to a majority of people outside of the few who are suckers for limited-run things. If you're serious about wanting to make some money back, I'd be willing to match what you paid in exchange for your box set. (Assuming this other cheaper box set turns out to be a legitimate thing.)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post

Me personally speaking I don't really care for any of extra nonsense. Hell I might (key word) even sell it to ya but if I had knew there was a regular set without all those shenanigans I would have opted not to buy this limited set. I bought it with the notion that this was going to be the only physical release of the live albums. At least that's how they wrote it originally. Big difference between paying $150 +shipping and now the ability to buy it for $50 and using my Amazon Prime account.

jaimie Guest
    I will say that anyone who is considering purchasing that thing from Amazon should do it now. Worst case it ends up being fake and they refund you (which I doubt) but if it is real they are really good about honoring prices so even if it goes up you will have snagged it for the $50.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Me personally speaking I don't really care for any of extra nonsense. Hell I might (key word) even sell it to ya but if I had knew there was a regular set without all those shenanigans I would have opted not to buy this limited set. I bought it with the notion that this was going to be the only physical release of the live albums. At least that's how they wrote it originally. Big difference between paying $150 +shipping and now the ability to buy it for $50 and using my Amazon Prime account.
    Yeah, I hear ya. I feel like what gerbil said is a pretty good guess as to what's going on.

I kinda thought it was weird when they were talking about this "limited release" of a concert film and copies of all their albums performed live. I mean, I really do believe they were intended as a limited release.

Then it sold out quick despite the cost. So they decided to do a digital release. The copies of which started to chart on Amazon and iTunes. So they'll offer a cheaper version of the box set--maybe.

If it is, I'll bet good money it's a standard slip cover or multi-fold digipack with the albums and video included.

So I'd say the people who got the early edition are still going to get a resin (right?) case, the signed stuff, and a guitar pick.

I'll take this chance to say that I have no idea what sort of money the band is making off this. I've kind of even wondering. They're not collecting royalties on the covers. They're probably making a whole lot of nothing from Three Sixty (since Virgin owns the recordings) hence "By and Down" being album only. And who knows if the band has debt from the tours or the albums.

Eh. This might be a cash grab. But who the hell is bankrolling these guys? A Perfect Circle is its own entity now.

Edit: Now someone tell me why I'm wrong.
    Again, though, I'm not really gonna place any blame or anything anywhere until we have some kind of actual confirmation that they're actually doing this, and that it's not just some other falsely-advertised product that doesn't exist.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

That was a serious question, by the way. Does anyone know who's bankrolling the tours and production costs of these things?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: A Perfect Circle

That was a serious question, by the way. Does anyone know who's bankrolling the tours and production costs of these things?
    26 shows in 2011 with 150+ people paying for VIP tickets a show plus the shows being pretty close to sold out. I think 2011 paid for itself.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    26 shows in 2011 with 150+ people paying for VIP tickets a show plus the shows being pretty close to sold out. I think 2011 paid for itself.
    Bands typically lose money touring. They recoup from SWAG. That's why I asked.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

That huge visual production APC put on in 2011 probably cost them a ton of money. ;-)

I don't think Maynard would have done the tour if the band wasn't going to make A LOT of money from the tour. Which is probably one of the reasons for the $175 to $300 VIP/Wine tasting packages.

They aren't going to Australia if they aren't making money.

They aren't going to Brazil if they aren't making money.

Puscifer making money on tour is a different story and that seems to be his labor of love and he doesn't care if he makes money off of it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I think you could rephrase this:

Typical bands lose money touring.

APC would not lose money touring with these ticket prices and this turnout. In fact, I think you could safely say they made bank, especially given the SWAG.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Swag is free stuff. (Shit we all get.) You guys are thinking of merch.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

So that Amazon listing says 6 discs, if a $50 set has more content than the $150 set I will be PISSED.