Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Anyone have any luck?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I went there trying to see the new QOTSA song, but I ended up catching APC. Just caught The Noose, Blue, By and Down, and Rose.
    Last edited by think i'm a fire engine; 03-30-2013 at 06:44 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I got it, but turned it off after about four songs. I don't really need them to be butchered like that (by the band or the broadcast quality).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Are we allowed to post recordings in this thread if we come across any online? Or does anyone have any?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

this guy ripped a few

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Can somebody explain this shirt to me?

I asked about this shirt on the old ETS because I too didn't/[still] don't get it. By what the user said (I don't remember the user) it was something to do with 666 as a joke.

I really don't know for sure.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    2/3 as a decimal is 0.666666 repeating ad infinitum.

jaimie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post

this guy ripped a few
    Yeah the stream quality was awful so it looks like they must have grabbed the ones from here http://multishow.globo.com/Videos/

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Pardon my ignorance, but is this live DVD going to be from the original period or is it one of the reunion shows?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sean Beavan made mention of Jeff Friedl, so sometime after he started playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was over there yesterday. It's kinda sad when TV sound mixers still don't know how to do the proper capturing and mixing for heavier-sounding concert broadcasts. The live real deal was all about low frequencies and heavy as ****. It was very funny to see Maynard saying "good luck on that one" for Howerdel before they played "The Package". And watching The Black Keys play right after QOTSA and APC was like seeing the Spice Girls headlining a gig following Motörhead and Black Sabbath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I cannot stand it when they just run feeds from the video screens and the sound desk and broadcast it. Surprisingly, a mix for a PA isn't designed for laptop or tv speakers, or headphones. Have some pride in your work! The Bestival live broadcast on Youtube sounded great.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    whole show for anyone interested.... Also Maynard is an old fart

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Still think Magdalena is one of the greatest songs of all time. One of the best rock tracks ever.

I only liked their first record, Magdalena was by far the best track on it, i think its the best piece of music Maynard has ever been involved with.

Just that solo by Billy Howerdel and the breakdown towards the end in that song sounds unlike anything else its perfect, the production is so elegant and atmospheric, the way it melds crushing chugging riffs, with soaring reverberated shoegaze like guitars it all sounds so heavenly!
    Obviously the great Alan Moulder mixed that masterpiece

Thirteenth Step i could not get into, i hope they return to the heights of the first record.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I always appreciate the mandatory concert "Schleyer".

For the uninitiated, Chris Schleyer is a guitar tech for APC and Tool (and a bunch of other bands) and Maynard often sings "Schleyer" in place of lyrics for some reason. It's great and always fun to try and find it. (Stinkfist during one of the Tool shows I saw was temporarily changed into "Schleyer deep inside the borderline".)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    whole show for anyone interested.... Also Maynard is an old fart

Thanks so much

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Is it me or does it really seem that Maynard isn't giving a half-assed performance?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    Is it me or does it really seem that Maynard isn't giving a half-assed performance?
    The horrible webcast sound mix isn't doing him any favors, though...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but is this live DVD going to be from the original period or is it one of the reunion shows?

I wouldnt get my hopes up that this will ever see the light of day.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    The horrible webcast sound mix isn't doing him any favors, though...
    Sure, but at least his body language doesn't resemble a bag of potatoes.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Maynard sounds like garbage. This band has had their day. they should fade away.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Maynard sounds like garbage. This band has had their day. they should fade away.
    He actually does not sound like garbage but ok...its a bad sound mix.

And if anyone is questioning Maynard not fuckin getting it live...skip to 55:18 (holy shit)
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 04-01-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's not the sound mix, the enthusiasm has totally gone in the band. Their new drummer is no Freese and it's just disappointing to listen to. Maynard doesn't even seem to bother with the really great parts of the songs now.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The sound mix was awful, but so was the singing. Both Maynard and Billy were way off key left and right especially where any falsetto came in to play; they also seemed very tired. I don't think it was the situation, because listen to Josh Homme KILL it on the same stage one set prior to APC. Not only does everything sound better (ESPECIALLY the guitars), but the singing is spot on and they're bursting with energy. It's a pretty stark contrast.

That said, QOTSA is one of the best live bands I have ever seen. They pack such a punch that they really don't need much in the way of light show or production values. APC has never been to the levels they're consistently at, even on the first tour for Mer De Noms. And everyone has their off nights, I just hope this isn't typical of an APC gig these days.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    The sound mix was awful, but so was the singing. Both Maynard and Billy were way off key left and right especially where any falsetto came in to play; they also seemed very tired. I don't think it was the situation, because listen to Josh Homme KILL it on the same stage one set prior to APC. Not only does everything sound better (ESPECIALLY the guitars), but the singing is spot on and they're bursting with energy. It's a pretty stark contrast.

That said, QOTSA is one of the best live bands I have ever seen. They pack such a punch that they really don't need much in the way of light show or production values. APC has never been to the levels they're consistently at, even on the first tour for Mer De Noms. And everyone has their off nights, I just hope this isn't typical of an APC gig these days.

The mix for QotSA was totally different than for APC. The mix was adjusted halfway into the APC set and it was still bad.

The vocals were a little off key but I think Nardo did a fine job and everyone who doesn't is just nitpicking?

TTS will be 10 years old this year. That's a long time to be dredging up the old songs and feelings.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    To be perfectly honest, Puscifer were better than APC - at least in a festival setting. APC had boring as fuck parts, then really exciting ones, though mostly sounding like they were playing for themselves, not the die-hard fans who waited there for them all day.

Puscifer, playing the following day to a bunch of Pearl Jam fans that had to be won over, sounded far better. A babd wearing black clothing and playing hard-hitting music under a bright sun, it was fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    It's actually occurring to me how many times I've seen A Perfect Circle live. I saw them at some secret club gig before their first album came out, twice opening for Nine Inch Nails, at the Fuji Rock Festival, and at a couple of their own shows since. I've seen them with different line-ups, but I've never seen them play a show that I thought was all that great.

Still, the major fault in that video is the mix. That's truly atrocious, and even those pitchy vocal moments would not be anywhere near as noticeable in a better mix. That shit almost sounds like a IEM rip. The vocals are SO fucking loud, and the rest of the instruments are so low... it's unlistenable. Sure, they look like they're kinda bored, I'd agree there's no energy there. But I saw this band back when they started, and I didn't think there was much legitimate energy then either. I assumed that was their thing.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It's actually occurring to me how many times I've seen A Perfect Circle live. I saw them at some secret club gig before their first album came out, twice opening for Nine Inch Nails, at the Fuji Rock Festival, and at a couple of their own shows since. I've seen them with different line-ups, but I've never seen them play a show that I thought was all that great.

Still, the major fault in that video is the mix. That's truly atrocious, and even those pitchy vocal moments would not be anywhere near as noticeable in a better mix. That shit almost sounds like a IEM rip. The vocals are SO fucking loud, and the rest of the instruments are so low... it's unlistenable. Sure, they look like they're kinda bored, I'd agree there's no energy there. But I saw this band back when they started, and I didn't think there was much legitimate energy then either. I assumed that was their thing.
    I gotta agree, generally. There's always been a certain amount of energy on some songs, mostly from Billy and Jeordie when he was around. James Iha has always just been there and Freese is Freese.

Though, the first time I saw them at a club show was a legitimately great show.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    for anyone ripping on those first few songs in the set.. it gets better. By and Down, The Outsider, The Package etc sound lovely (minus the totally crap sound mix).
    I do agree the Puscifer show is just a better performance.