Page 102 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 3258

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    That’s probably from a Sumersault Festival show in Canada back in 2000. What a stacked fucking concert. Prefame Sum41, Treble Charger, Eve6, The Catherine Wheel, Deftones one show, A Perfect Circle, Foo fighters, Our Lady Peace, The Smashing Pumpkins. My first real concert. *sigh*
    Thanks for the suggestion! I am unable to locate a vid on Youtube. I did locate this page https://xwaldenx.wordpress.com/2009/...ll-halifax-ns/ . The one APC photo (quite a distance away) seems to show him with the blond wig.

Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I've definitely seen that photo a few times, but good lord is he showing a BIT too much of the "treasure trail" in that photo.
    It's quite hot.

Edit: There's also this photo -- doesn't that seem like the brown hair wig? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File...08122000-2.jpg
    Last edited by sinspots; 01-08-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Does anyone have him in the pimp costume?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    from what i remember, the last couple shows on that Summersault tour was the first time he busted out the blonde wig. Was definitely the red in Montreal. But you can see in the Much Music video on youtube about the show he has blonde backstage and its the red on stage from the shows...

Also, if that blonde frosted tip guy in the second photo would be a couple inches over, you'd have seen me lol
    Last edited by dvdglss; 01-09-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That’s probably from a Sumersault Festival show in Canada back in 2000. What a stacked fucking concert. Prefame Sum41, Treble Charger, Eve6, The Catherine Wheel, Deftones one show, A Perfect Circle, Foo fighters, Our Lady Peace, The Smashing Pumpkins. My first real concert. *sigh*
    Hell yes it was. I was at the Edmonton and Vancouver shows. MJK came out in Vancouver to do 'Passenger' with Deftones and it was sick. Also, I took a bunch of pics at the Edmonton show of all the bands, and can confirm he was in the above seen blue spandex pants with blond wig.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yes! I was at the Winnipeg show. What a fantastic festival that was. They certainly don't make traveling cross-country tours like that anymore. I miss that.
    Edgefest was another good traveling festival. Went to Edgefest 98 and Edgefest 99 as well. Stacked bills. Summersault 2000 was great as well. It's a shame that festival never took off or returned for another year.

I have a photo of APC, taken from front row, during their set here in Winnipeg framed. I was trying to take a photo of it to upload it here, but my phone is being a bastard. And taking a photo of a photo is never the best of quality anyway.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I flew from the Dominican Republic to Albany and then drove to Montreal. So goid

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yes! I was at the Winnipeg show. What a fantastic festival that was. They certainly don't make traveling cross-country tours like that anymore. I miss that.
    Edgefest was another good traveling festival. Went to Edgefest 98 and Edgefest 99 as well. Stacked bills. Summersault 2000 was great as well. It's a shame that festival never took off or returned for another year.

I have a photo of APC, taken from front row, during their set here in Winnipeg framed. I was trying to take a photo of it to upload it here, but my phone is being a bastard. And taking a photo of a photo is never the best of quality anyway.
    One might even say it is a copy of a copy of a.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    *random thought* I need to see A Perfect Circle again...and really soon.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    At 2:53 in “Get The Lead Out” I have a skip, and other files I’ve tried have the skip in the same place also. Does anyone else have this problem?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    At 2:53 in “Get The Lead Out” I have a skip, and other files I’ve tried have the skip in the same place also. Does anyone else have this problem?
    That's intentional. It's not a skip, everything just stops for a split second, much in the same way NIN's Wish has that split second of silence 43 seconds into the song.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Oh good, I was wondering if that might be the case.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So has anyone noticed that the vinyl mix of Hourglass is wildly different than the digital/CD mix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So has anyone noticed that the vinyl mix of Hourglass is wildly different than the digital/CD mix?

You mean the mix itself or are you referring to the piano introduction part (which is essentially the latter half of DLB)?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    You mean the mix itself or are you referring to the piano introduction part (which is essentially the latter half of DLB)?
    The mix. The synth is louder, comes in earlier, and plays over the second verse.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The mix. The synth is louder, comes in earlier, and plays over the second verse.

The mix is quite different! I just listened to my vinyl and what you said is correct. Weird that I never noticed it.
    Another quite well known fact: the vinyl version of Get The Lead Out doesn't fade out, instead there's a locked groove.
    Does this make eMOTIVe the only APC album where there's no drastic difference between the CD and the vinyl?
    Last edited by Lerxto; 01-12-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The mix is quite different! I just listened to my vinyl and what you said is correct. Weird that I never noticed it.
    Another quite well known fact: the vinyl version of Get The Lead Out doesn't fade out, instead there's a locked groove.
    Does this make eMOTIVe the only APC album where there's no drastic difference between the CD and the vinyl?
    What’s the difference on Thirteenth Step?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    What’s the difference on Thirteenth Step?

I was thinking about the extended version of The Package that's included in the Japanese edition. I'm getting old.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Can anyone provide vinyl rips of Hourglass and Get The Lead Out please?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Can anyone provide vinyl rips of Hourglass and Get The Lead Out please?
    I, too, am interested in hearing these versions.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I was thinking about the extended version of The Package that's included in the Japanese edition. I'm getting old.
    Well, the extended version is the default version on vinyl, so, in that sense, you were right. It does differ from the standard CD release.

Here's Hourglass. Not my vid, as I don't have access to my turntable at the moment, but the sound quality is good enough to hear the differences.

Last edited by Tyson; 01-14-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Well, the extended version is the default version on vinyl, so, in that sense, you were right. It does differ from the standard CD release.
    I thought so too, but I couldn't find any evidence supporting that, so I thought I mixed things up.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I had no idea The Package extended was standard for the vinyl.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thank you so much. I love this song so much and had no idea there was a longer one. Newer fan...I didn't know! Thanks again to everyone posting about these other versions.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Is the sample of the woman in Counting Bodies Like Sheep the same sample from (Can't You) Trip Like I Do?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    No. The female voice in Trip Like I Do is similar to Message to Harry Manback, in the sense that it was something left on Scott Kirkland's answering machine. It's not something available for public sampling.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Alright in my quest to confirm which concert the photo I liked comes from, I sort of gave up. (photo linked in this post https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...032#post445032 ).

But, today I received a copy of the "Tool Drive," (https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...491#post446491 ), which also has some videos of APC concerts from 2000 and 2001. So...there may be some hope! Super excited to go through these (though I can't start immediately and it will take some time). Keep your fingers crossed for me!
    Last edited by sinspots; 02-07-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I might have asked this before but APC did two acoustic sessions for Thirteenth Step. One of them was a little longer and features Maynard explaining the meaning of the songs and making poop jokes. Does anyone happen to have that version of the show? I tried looking on some of my old drives but I don’t seem to have sufficiently backed it up.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just spreading the word that this auction was posted on eBay tonight for a snowboard signed by Billy. All proceeds will be donated to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to aid in life-saving cancer research and to help families who are battling.

Billy donated this unique snowboard that was made for him around 2005 when APC released their dvd/cd package aMOTION.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I kind of really dismissed Eat The Elephant when it came out, aside from “So Long...”. However, I had it playing in the car today and found myself surprised not to really be skipping anything and actually enjoying every song. Maybe it was a case of having too high expectations at the time of release? Whatever the case, I’d probably now rate it an 8.5 from a 6.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I instantly loved the album. I hope more people come around to it.