Page 240 of 240 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240
Results 7,171 to 7,181 of 7181

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    mobile twitter has been pissing me off. Showing me posts from people I don't know, topics that I don't give two figs about, and just in general being a PITA for trying to just see the stuff from people I actually follow. Useless piece of crap, honestly.
    Ugh, it also bothers me now that it says dO yOu WaNt To ReAd ThE aRtIcLe FiRsT?? when I go to retweet a snarky quote-tweet of some shitass headline... I have no fucking intention of reading it, no.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Ugh, it also bothers me now that it says dO yOu WaNt To ReAd ThE aRtIcLe FiRsT?? when I go to retweet a snarky quote-tweet of some shitass headline... I have no fucking intention of reading it, no.
    why aren't we following each other on twitter? (or are we and i'm an idiot?)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Never forget, you can mute words and phrases with Twitter as well.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Never forget, you can mute words and phrases with Twitter as well.
    This helped save my sanity a lot during the election.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    why aren't we following each other on twitter? (or are we and i'm an idiot?)
    Well, I'm following you now, so there!!

FOLLOW ME, YOU COWARDS. @botley smith (no space)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'm fed up waiting for my COVID vaccine. In my state, it's 65+, then it'll be 60+, then 55+. And then when it gets to around my age, I'm sure it'll just open up to 18+. So I'll have to contend with fighting for everyone who isn't vaccinated, rather than be able to get preference over 30 yr olds and 20 yr olds. And sorry, I'm a salty bitch about it.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Nah... everyone in America has every right to be pissed that they can't get a vaccine, considering that fucking OJ Simpson was one of the first people to get it.

Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    My Mom is nearly 83 and still can’t get a vaccine. So that means she AND US are on lockdown because there’s no fucking vaccines and we can’t risk killing her. Because she’s in the highest risk group.

The United Center parking lot opened today as a vaccine center. But the appointments were gone in 10 minutes.

Most of the people still waiting are elderly. We haven’t even TOUCHED that population here in Illinois. Yet some ex-coworkers of my husband (air traffic controllers) in their 20s just got their first dose of Pfizer because they’re essential workers.

I signed my Mom up in Lake County because there are nearly 3 million people in Chicago, alone, let alone Cook County. There are over 5 million people in Cook County.

There are only 696,535 people in Lake County.
    Last edited by allegro; Yesterday at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I'm fed up waiting for my COVID vaccine. In my state, it's 65+, then it'll be 60+, then 55+. And then when it gets to around my age, I'm sure it'll just open up to 18+. So I'll have to contend with fighting for everyone who isn't vaccinated, rather than be able to get preference over 30 yr olds and 20 yr olds. And sorry, I'm a salty bitch about it.
    Are they really doing it in those increments?

The population is divided pretty evenly after the really young age group.

http://edr.state.fl.us/content/popul...census_day.pdf

If we’d get like ONE HUNDRED MILLION VACCINES instead of a million at a time from these drug companies, things sure would move lots faster.

I’m holding out for the J&J vaccine, I don’t care. I’ve waited this long, fuck it. I know someone on IG who got the J&J vaccine in Maine, said it didn’t hurt AT ALL, she didn’t know she got the shot “until she saw the bandaid.”

My Mom has had anaphylactic reactions so her doc says she has to stay for 1/2 hour after, wherever she gets it. Ugh.
    Last edited by allegro; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    My mother has had two anaphylactic reactions previously in her life, and I was genuinely worried when she got her first Moderna vax. She was fine. Sore arm/ neck the first dose, and she fell with flu-like symptoms for 36 hrs on her second dose. She had to sit for 30 min after each dose.

And yah, we'll get 100 million, but it ain't happening all at once. Seriously. I'm waiting for my turn, and I think it's shitty that it's likely the gov will open up for all after the 50+. I mean, FFS, I'm in Florida. I wouldn't put it past the asshat, Drump worshipping gov.

Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    My mother has had two anaphylactic reactions previously in her life, and I was genuinely worried when she got her first Moderna vax. She was fine. Sore arm/ neck the first dose, and she fell with flu-like symptoms for 36 hrs on her second dose. She had to sit for 30 min after each dose.
    Thanks, that’s good to know.

There are just over 300 million people in the entire country. 82,572,848 have received at least the first dose, according to this:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-in-your-state

That site also shows percentage of population that has received vaccine doses per state. Interesting. Illinois is doing better than I thought.

This is the City of Chicago vaccine roll-out, fwiw:

https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/site...on-phases.html

We started 65 and older on January 25th, then will jump to people 16-64 with medical conditions on March 29th, then jump to everyone 16 and older on May 31st.

Biden said he wants the entire eligible American population with shots in arms by June.
    Last edited by allegro; Today at 01:54 AM.