Page 231 of 263 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,930 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    this is an interesting thing to consider... the "do guys say this sort of stuff in private."
    Maybe nowadays, no, not so much. Especially now that we've entered the Me Too era, and that's a good thing. I'd like to actually believe that this is a thing w/ society changing and the notion that we're generally progressing. Or maybe I just wear my liberal badge a little too blatantly, and people know not to say shit in front of me. I've overheard people saying crazy stuff when they didn't know I was in earshot.

I've grown up in, and still live in, what's considered to be one of the most liberal parts of America. I always heard this shit growing up. I have a VERY hard time believing that I existed in a bubble of misogynistic surroundings, and that this wasn't really ubiquitous behavior.

Also, for many years, Porky's was THE most successful Canadian film ever made. I haven't checked, but I'm assuming it's probably still in the top ten.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Springtime hayfever!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Oh look at you, with your springtime hay fever. must be nice to have it limited to one time a year! :lol

but seriously, I'm allergic to spring, summer, and fall. and some parts of winter but I'm not sure which parts, that one always surprises me.

on another topic: websites that say "the last time you accessed this page was: today's date" yeah, no shit? today? how odd.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    but seriously, I'm allergic to spring, summer, and fall. and some parts of winter but I'm not sure which parts, that one always surprises me.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I am so utterly disgusted by this website JK Rowling is promoting or co-signing or whatever the fuck. It purports to just be a feminist website, but it also has straight up HATEFUL anti trans clothes and items.

They sell buttons that say "FUCK your pronouns" and the like. Other examples include "Transwomen are my brothers, " and " Proud TERF" (or something like that.)

furthermore, I just don't get it. Why...just why, I guess. I'm fucking baffled.

After she recommend the store on social media, millions of her fans went there, and the transphobic stuff sold out.

This is just pure hate, imho.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-27-2020 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I am so utterly disgusted by this website JK Rowling is promoting or co-signing or whatever the fuck. It purports to just be a feminist website, but it also has straight up HATEFUL anti trans clothes and items.

They sell buttons that say "FUCK your pronouns" and the like. "Transwomen are my brothers." " Proud TERF" or something like that.

furthermore, I just don't get it. Why...just why, I guess. I'm fucking baffled.

After she recommend the store on social media, millions of her fans went there, and the transphobic stuff sold out.

This is just pure hate, imho.

It must run deeper with her somehow to have such an aversion. It takes energy to give that much of a fuck about something.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    It must run deeper with her somehow to have such an aversion. It takes energy to give that much of a fuck about something.
    right?!
    I mean, that's what I'm thinking. It's like, if you have an ugly opinion, which sucks as it is, why not keep it to yourself?
    Why scream it from the rooftop?

Like you said, man. It must run deep.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-27-2020 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    She's been on a bizarre anti-trans tirade for well over a year now. And her recently announced book is about a cis man who dresses in women's clothing to murder them.

Real fucking subtle.

Second-wave feminism was/is a mistake.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I mean, I'd heard she'd said some sort of offensive shit, but "fuck your pronouns" merchandise? JESUS.
    I guess it was actually SEEING this merch that shocked me.

Also, surely we've got going kids growing up with her books NOW, and, likely looking up to her, and possibly adopting her views.

It's just REALLY ugly business.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Speaking on that, today Stephen King was lauding the new book from her. In the past he's seemed on her side but then he also called her out on a post and she blocked him.

And also John Cleese is going on a tear today in much the same vein but I can't tell if it's authentic or if he's just taking the piss.

I don't understand it at all.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Ahh. The above post explains a lot, @allegro

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Ahh. The above post explains a lot, @allegro
    “Fuck your pronouns” ... why would anyone be so upset and obsessed with something that had absolutely nothing to do with them, that didn’t affect them in any way?

This sums it all up:

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    For the record, I did NOT do anything which I am accused of. With that said, I am so fucking pissed off that my neighbor (who is also an extended family member) told federal authorities that I was responsible for something which is not completely true. This has resulted in an uncomfortable yet completely avoidable situation if this asshole would have simply said "I am not sure" instead of "He did it!"

This fucktard neighbor runs an illegal unlicensed dog kennel, and if I chose to report him to the town, the consequences might be significant. Especially since one of his dogs bit my wife this summer, causing a wound which took over a month to heal! She still has the scar.

But I just can't bring myself to lower myself to his level. He was wrong in reporting me (for something I did not do) and I would feel quite justified in returning the favor. But I can't.

I am such a wimp and it pisses me off! Thanks for the opportunity to vent.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @zero , that’s horrible. I hope you didn’t get into trouble.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I hope you didn’t get into trouble.
    I am always in trouble, story of my life! However this situation has resulted in a very uncomfortable legal predicament. But that is not what has me pissed off. It's the simple truth that I can not seem to convince myself that vengeance is justified! What the hell is wrong with me?

A mundane tit for tat philosophy is flawed as it simply encourages adversity. But surely some egregious actions will rise above the mundane and therefore justify retaliation? Why have I set the bar so dang high?

It's times like this when I like to quote:

Nothing can stop me now
    'Cause I don't care anymore
    Nothing can stop me now
    'Cause I just don't care

The problem is that I do care, and my conscience is what stops me. And that really pisses me off. Why can't I be a proper asshole? Fuck me.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    well, you are a very erudite non-asshole so you got that going for you.

The course of action that I would take is the anonymous tack of reporting. Call 311 (or whatever the non-emergency number is) and say the neighbor's dog is barking and has been barking for 2x the number of what is permissible in your local code. they can't prove it isn't barking and that it hasn't been for that long and so they'll send someone out to check it out. bada-bing, bada-boom.

it's worked for me a few different times.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The course of action that I would take is the anonymous tack of reporting.
    While I appreciate the suggestion that is not something I could ever consider. If I do report my asshole neighbor it will be done in the full light of day. Completely up front and obvious.

I am only facing 6 months (I think) but reporting an illicit business could result in loss of income and loss of housing and life long consequences. And reporting him will not undo what has already been done to me. My situation will not be altered regardless of what I choose to do.

The small devil on my left shoulder is screaming "do it do it turn him in" and the small angel on my other shoulder is bellowing "forgive and forget" but I have a massive headache because I am stuck between these screaming apparitions.

Sleep will help me decide, it always does. If I could just make these screaming apparitions stop! Good gosh is this what going nuts feels like?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Speaking on that, today Stephen King was lauding the new book from her. In the past he's seemed on her side but then he also called her out on a post and she blocked him.

And also John Cleese is going on a tear today in much the same vein but I can't tell if it's authentic or if he's just taking the piss.

I don't understand it at all.

I am a sad spam today.

Also, who tf are any of those people? I again can't tell if he's taking the piss by naming completely useless people.

edit: apparently they are prominent authors, most of whom I have not read. also he's serious about this and it makes me even sadder that he's on the same side as Graham Linehan, never mind those other assholes.
    Last edited by allegate; 09-30-2020 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    When you speak directly to a loved one that happens to be texting on their phone and they completely ignore you and then gets pissed off when yell at them to get their attention.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Also, who tf are any of those people? I again can't tell if he's taking the piss by naming completely useless people.
    Ian McEwan, though, OMG. That's shocking.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    John Cleese is siding with Rowling? Um, why?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    John Cleese is siding with Rowling? Um, why?
    didn't he also support brexit? or am i misremembering?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ...a little thing, when the YouTube app on TV updates (on its own, bypassing LG "store") and there is now no PAUSE button. When exactly have I asked for updates, hmm?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I was taking the garbage out yesterday and something sharp cut my middle finger on my right hand from the bottom of the bag somewhere, probably glass I threw out.

Woke up this morning to open a parcel and sliced open my left index finger with a kitchen knife. Fun times!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    ts:54:2 - file should end with a newline

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    New guy at work is an interesting person. He says he's libertarian but likes - and respects - Rush. Has Trump stickers on his car. Has a masters in PoliSci so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised? Anyway he just told me via Teams:
    I found out about it because Dinesh D'Souza made it and was promoting it. I like Dinesh, and this looked like a topic Hollywood avoids like the plague, so it can have my money.
    Speaking on this film. I don't know how to tell him that it's not a groundbreaking film and that Hollywood avoids dumb movies, not the topic.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    New guy at work is an interesting person. He says he's libertarian but likes - and respects - Rush. Has Trump stickers on his car. Has a masters in PoliSci so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised? Anyway he just told me via Teams:Speaking on this film. I don't know how to tell him that it's not a groundbreaking film and that Hollywood avoids dumb movies, not the topic.
    On Rotten Tomatoes the film holds an approval rating of 58% based on 12 reviews, with an average rating of 5.82/10.
    yikes

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    As an update, he liked the flick. Said it would have been better if it had leaned into the religion bits more. ��♀️

I'm trying to pay a bill online. As such, I'm trying to create an account. I get to the password field, that bane of the Internet. I do my usual that meets most password rules and it says no:
    Password does not meet required criteria. Field should not contain these characters: &, #, <, >, ?, /, ', ".
    Ok, whatever. I'll use the Firefox autogen password and make sure it meets the requirements. I use dTyENw3QTR6mTrG! and get this
    Passwords must meet the following criteria:
    • between 8 and 25 characters
    • at least 1 special character, special character CANNOT be: & # < > ? / ' " or space
    • at least 1 lowercase and 1 uppercase letter
    • at least 1 number

Do not use the characters: & # < > ? / ' " or space in any of the fields below.
    Ok, that password is between 8 and 25 characters, has a special character not on that list, has at least 1 upper and lowercase letter, and at least one number. Pretty sure I checked all the fucking boxes. So I try variations and nothing works, I cannot make an account to pay this bill. So I find the contact us page.

Fuck off with your password. I'm following the directions and it doesn't work, keeps telling me not to do what I'm already not doing. So fuck right off with that and tell your computer people to go walk off a really high cliff. Preferable run, but I'm ok with walking.

Yes I'm pissed. I just want to pay a bill and this is the roadblock you want to put in my way?
    I used my name and email address because I want a fucking answer.

yes my therapist has mentioned anger issues in the past. I try, I really do, but there are times when I'm the dad from ParaNorman. Or just Jeff Garlin in general, now that I think about it.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I can't remember any of my fucking passwords with all the constant changes. I just keep them all in a Google Doc now lmao

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I can't remember any of my fucking passwords with all the constant changes. I just keep them all in a Google Doc now lmao

Yep, mine are in the cloud, and that has a password to get in...