Page 213 of 263 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,390 of 7887

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    WTF is going on with Apple and their constant updates to MacOS? I swear I have to update my laptop 2-3 times per week and its driving me nuts. I miss the days when updates were months apart from one another....

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    WTF is going on with Apple and their constant updates to MacOS? I swear I have to update my laptop 2-3 times per week and its driving me nuts. I miss the days when updates were months apart from one another....
    When I started noticing that, started calling them Crapple. Although I do want to upgrade Mohave.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    After nearly a month of no internet at home i might, might, be getting it back next week...i'm not holding my breathe.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Once I met this local rapper at a bar and we talked about making music together. It never happened, but we became Facebook friends and have kept in touch and he SEEMED like a good dude. We've been friendly for years.
    Well night before last, he posted some shit about hemp oil on Facebook. I posted asking if it had thc.
    He immediately messaged me and told me he was gonna bring me some of it, supposedly for free. I'm sick as fuck and and not trying to have anyone come by and such. But he was REALLY aggressive about it and started a Messenger chat with me and some other dude. The other dude immediately.sent me a friend request, and the two of them were like tag teaming me trying to get me to accept this shit.
    I kept saying "no, it's cool, maybe another time." like I was just curious about it. I don't give a fuck about it tbh.
    That was bad enough. But THEN, yesterday afternoon, he LITERALLY sent me a message that said "Hey man, do you have any money."
    And then it said something like "I can get you a bottle of hemp oil for just $30!" And THEN, he sent me one of those fucking payment requests, where you can request money and people can pay you through Messenger.
    I wrote "hahaha, nah man."

Jesus. This motherfucker here. What does that old OutKast skit say?

"You can go on and keep that...yeah, I'll holler at you. Don't holler at.me.no more."

Edit: and this isn't some gutter type of dude. he's always well dressed and drives a nice car. Shit, he seems to be better off than me.
    I was THINKING about being like "goddamn, dude, do you need to like BORROW $30 or what?"
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-25-2018 at 04:58 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Man, i got this new roomate and he's really getting on my nerves, specially when he brings his girl for fucking, i know he lives here, but geez...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    My Thanksgiving “vacation” was anything but and the day I get home there’s a goddamn blizzard that took my power out so my day off to recover/grocery shop/do laundry turned into just going to work.

I’m pissed but not surprised. This is just my luck.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

when you’re expecting this drink and instead you end up with hot coconut milk & eggnog �� and no chai. my wife's london fog latte (steamed soymilk with two earl grey teabags) also came with regular milk andone english breakfast teabag. given that it was thanksgiving i wasn't going to go back and complain, but i wrote in to customer service and they gave me a free $15 credit! so i guess this story has a happy ending.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

when you’re expecting this drink and instead you end up with hot coconut milk & eggnog �� and no chai. my wife's london fog latte (steamed soymilk with two earl grey teabags) also came with regular milk andone english breakfast teabag. given that it was thanksgiving i wasn't going to go back and complain, but i wrote in to customer service and they gave me a free $15 credit! so i guess this story has a happy ending.
    I normally find writing a nice email/letter to a customer service normally ends up with a happy ending. Even if your not complaining, i once wrte to Brixton Academy (a London Music Venue) after a gig to thank them for their help when my GF at the time (faked but not to my knowledge) a back injury, and they gave me free tickets to any show of my choosing for that year, which was unexpected but really nice of them! I didn't end up using it though, it was a...difficult year.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    “Man, I’m glad that person has a loud song set as their phone’s ringtone so that I get to hear it every time they get a phone call.”

-Nobody, ever

He even had it set to “Wish” by NIN for a while. That ruined that song for me for 6 months. Hearing the same 15 seconds of that song again, and again, and again...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    “Man, I’m glad that person has a loud song set as their phone’s ringtone so that I get to hear it every time they get a phone call.”

-Nobody, ever

He even had it set to “Wish” by NIN for a while. That ruined that song for me for 6 months. Hearing the same 15 seconds of that song again, and again, and again...
    You should work in my office, The Smiths, The Stokes, Kings of Leon and even Gary Barlow are ringtones that go off daily and haven't been changed in YEARS. In contrast mines the theme from the original Doom game...but my phone never rings so nobody even knows (it once rang and i forgot what my ringtone was so didn't know it was me!)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So it was pissing it down yesterday so instead of walking the 50mins from Kings Cross to London Bridge i got the tube...and was reminded why i don't get the tube...PEOPLE!

First there's the idiots who when standing in the doorway when the doors open DON'T MOVE. Step off the train and let people off you fucking twat, don't just stand in the way because you don't want to move!

And second the people who will walk up too the exit gates and THEN stand there rooting there bag for their ticket. Yes please hold up one of the few open gates for the 100's of people trying to get home because YOU are SO IMPORTANT that YOU need to stand IN EVERYONE'S WAY WHILE YOU FIND YOUR TICKET. Definitely don't stand to the side while you find your ticket then que to get out, no that would be stupid!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    You should work in my office, The Smiths, The Stokes, Kings of Leon and even Gary Barlow are ringtones that go off daily and haven't been changed in YEARS. In contrast mines the theme from the original Doom game...but my phone never rings so nobody even knows (it once rang and i forgot what my ringtone was so didn't know it was me!)
    Y’all hiring? Willing to relocate.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Man, i got this new roomate and he's really getting on my nerves, specially when he brings his girl for fucking, i know he lives here, but geez...
    Ask if you can participate in the fucking maybe?
    Maybe that would take the edge off, and, plus, it would be a great way to sort of break the ice and get to know each other better.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Ask if you can participate in the fucking maybe?
    Maybe that would take the edge off, and, plus, it would be a great way to sort of break the ice and get to know each other better.
    *insert Fry face*
    Not sure if joking or serious...

Hey man thanks for the advice, i do need to get some, but i'm old fashioned that way... not angry because they are having sex, i just wish they wouldn't wake me up.
    The walls where i live are so thin, so i can hear everything, also i never had a roommate in my life, so i guess that doesn't help either.

But maybe i should get a partner of my own? so we can make it a "competition"? (man i'm not even sure if i'm joking or not, lol...)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Hahaha @henryeatscereal , and yes , I was joking.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    @henryeatscereal I dunno... It's not really their fault the walls are thin, unless they're being over the top loud with the sex, or if they're going at it at crazy times of night.

Anyway, to join in the holiday complaints, Thanksgiving w/ the fam was fucking laaaaaaaaame, and... y'know what, fuck it, it was so weird it's probably just best to leave it at that.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 12-01-2018 at 02:15 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    @henryeatscereal I dunno... It's not really their fault the walls are thin, unless they're being over the top loud with the sex, or if they're going at it at crazy times of night.
    I agree, it's not their fault, still it pisses me off, lol

As i said, maybe i got too used up to be alone all the time, that it's both odd and annoying to me to listen to actual people have sex.
    But i'm trying to be more tolerant, i do like my friends, but living with people is harder than i thought...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Closing all my application windows, blowing out my candle, turning off the light, taking the water to the fridge, refilling the cup in the corner for the cats to drink from, crawling into bed, and the fire alarm goes off.

And then a half hour later the power trips and my UPS throws a hissy fit telling me (I think) to replace the battery. Certainly not what I needed.

Oh, even better... turns out that a vehicle drove into a transmission tower close-ish by... that would explain that a bit more.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 12-01-2018 at 03:15 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    An old friend/girl I was briefly romantically involved with has recently been in touch with me again. It’s been alright, and even a little like old times, but the thing that struck me as odd is that she never wanted to give me her phone number or be friends on any form of social media, so we’ve been talking exclusively through Snapchat - which, for those who don’t know, doesn’t save messages and deletes them as soon as you navigate away from the chat screen. Very useful for conversations you want to hide. Needless to say, that was a huge red flag to me from the get-go. So eventually I had to ask her why she was so resistant to talking anywhere but Snapchat, not even in person. She got mad and didn’t talk to me for a week, until last night when she asked “are you done being mad at me or whatever?” I told her “I was never mad. I’m just sketched out by you avoiding absolutely every form of communication outside of temporary Snapchat messages.” And she starts saying how I wouldn’t understand and it’s complicated and whatnot. You see where this is going.

Turns out she’s married, but is in the process of getting a divorce. It isn’t really much of a surprise because I’ve had a hunch that something was going on or someone else was in the picture most of the time we’ve been talking again, but damn. Don’t make someone out to be the bad guy for asking questions when you’re hiding the fact that you’re married. This is the reason I can’t stand the cliche expression “ask no questions, hear no lies.” I cooould not ask questions, or you could just...I dunno, NOT LIE about something like that. Hiding behind that phrase is unfair and deflective as hell. You’re not a character from a daytime soap opera, you’re not “veiling a mysterious and dark past” or something. This is real life with real people in it. Don’t put someone else on the spot for the sake of covering your own tracks. That’s not something someone you’re “talking to” should just shrug off and ignore for the sake of saving face. You aren’t absolved from being less than honest to me just because I had a hunch that you were. Not how that works.

So, things are pretty much done there. I told her I wasn’t mad, but that she could’ve just communicated that to me instead of leading on that she was single and wanted to get involved again, then being unjustly angry when I had questions. I’m not gonna cut her out of my life or anything, but being anything more than friends is pretty much off the table for me. :/ Even if she does get a divorce, now I have no reason to think that if we WERE to get together, she wouldn’t do the same thing to me with someone else. I don’t feel like I’m in the wrong for concerning myself with that and removing myself from that situation.

Be up front with people, y’all. We ain’t kids in school anymore.

Edit: Also, being called to work six times within 24 hours for six different “emergencies” is becoming extremely frustrating. It’s like these people wait until I’m sitting in front of my food to call something in.

Double edit: Make that seven times. So ready to be able to get out of this hell hole.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-02-2018 at 08:27 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Airports.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Ok so a couple of years ago, we got this BAD ASS preacher at the first Christian church in the little town where I live. He's my age, 38. He's cool as SHIT and is utterly against being judgemental towards others. Like me, he's not THAT kind of Christian.
    He and I became fast friends and even started a casual dress evening service wherein he preaches and i play guitar.
    It's been awesome. He's my ONLY friend in the little town where I live, and I'm the only person he hangs out with outside of his professional life.

We hadn't had a preacher for like 2 years and had been desperately searching. I'd stopped going to church: I just wasn't feeling it. Different people tried to preach, but they just didn't have IT.

So we finally get this guy, from Cali. Everyone loves him. For the record, I feel like 99% of preachers are full of shit- most of them are akin to used car salesmen. This dude is the best, purest, most loving preacher I've ever heard, EVER, anywhere.

But the fucking church didn't pay him enough. I was already pissed about that: we went out to eat for his birthday awhile back and went to grab a couple of things from the store. That's when I noticed he had a food stamp card. This guy, he works his ASS off. He's salaried. He visits shut ins. He does all kinds of community outreach, like, WAY above and beyond the call of duty. And they don't pay him enough to feed his family.

I knew this was coming the day I saw that food stamp card.

He's taking a job in New Mexico; he's leaving at the end of the month.

I'm fucking embarrassed by our church and our town. Where I live, everyone is conservative as fuck. They're judgemental. They judge ME. And they're all fucking "holier than thou."
    But they don't bother going to church. (If these "right wing christians" DID go to church, maybe they'd donate a little bread and our minister/my only friend in town wouldn't be having to move.)

I wonder how long it will take before we get another minister. And I wonder if he will be a judgemental asshole? I HOPE not, but it sure wouldn't surprise me.

SO, after Jan 2, I'm losing my spiritual guide and my ONLY rl friend in Stratford. I doubt the evening service will continue.
    And this town is losing the most incredible minister it's ever had.

And it's all because the church won't pay him a liveable wage.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-03-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The phrase "We stan a ___________"

Say that shit out loud and tell me it doesn't sound dumb. I pride myself on being on board with TONS of modern phrases about spilling tea and shit being lit fam, but say that phrase out loud and tell me you don't sound dumb.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    The phrase "We stan a ___________"

Say that shit out loud and tell me it doesn't sound dumb. I pride myself on being on board with TONS of modern phrases about spilling tea and shit being lit fam, but say that phrase out loud and tell me you don't sound dumb.
    What the fuck?
    Yeah, I'm behind the times.

I've got one that annoys the shit out of me : "stylee" as an adjective.
    As in "wow, that run was very stylee ," which is something I heard a lot coming from supposedly high quality commentators calling snowboarding and ski runs.

Are we just getting old?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    What the hell does "We stan a " mean? lol

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    It is in reference to the Eminem song. Obsessive fans.

Us.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Flagstar bank

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Chode 1: “Was she Indian?”

Chode 2: ”Uhhh, I dunno, could be?”

Chode 1: “Like, dot or feather?”

Fucking Christ, guys.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Chode 1: “Was she Indian?”

Chode 2: ”Uhhh, I dunno, could be?”

Chode 1: “Like, dot or feather?”

Fucking Christ, guys.
    one of the guys at my last job (who i actually mostly liked) is british culturally, but one of his parents is icelandic and the other is indian. in his words, "dot, not feather." really threw me when he said that.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    one of the guys at my last job (who i actually mostly liked) is british culturally, but one of his parents is icelandic and the other is indian. in his words, "dot, not feather." really threw me when he said that.
    Idk though dude. It's ok, I think, for people to make such jokes about THEMSELVES. my best friend growing up, Vineet, he used to dance around like Dhalsim from street fighter when we were playing basketball and shit like that fairly regularly. I didn't lose respect for him; rather, it cracked me up.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    My job...ggrrrrrrr. No one wants to take the lead, and tends to stand in their corner. I finally stand up for myself and say something yesterday, and everyone gets all defensive and now I end up looking like the asshole. No one has balls here and it's so frustrating.