Page 144 of 263 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 244 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,320 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I was way more confused by her actions than angry. Like I said, I felt bad for the kid.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    "Obviously I'm a moron with an OCD sister and coworker while part of your OCD is still to never be wrong or consider that anyone else may know what they are talking about."

Their original comment was "
    I'm still convinced you shouldn't work in show production unless you're at least mildly OCD" -- they're a roadie. Girl, no.
    I'm a roadie. Or rather, a rigger, an electrician, an IT technician...on top of my actual departmental duties. Apologies in advance if this is an ignorant statement, but I feel like being OCD would actually be a potential detriment on the road - for literally no other reason than it's an extremely time-sensitive job. If you can't just get shit done quickly and not be bothered by things being relatively tidy but perfectly and precisely organized or done in an extremely specific way, then I would think you'd have a very difficult time getting things done as quickly as needed. (Again - if I'm making assumptions about what OCD is actually like and how people operate, feel free to steer me in a more educated direction so I don't make an ass of myself again in the future)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Well, it pisses me off, so I'll post that here.
    Violence and bloodshed? Oh yeah, no that's great. These are harmless things that shouldn't faze or bother you and should be construed as normal.
    The human body? OH FUCK NO YOU CAN'T SEE THAT SHAMEFUL SHIT!!!!!!

Get your priorities straight, dipshit parents.
    Not sure if this is a thing wherever ya'll live, but in my area most movies start with disclaimer that "the following picture contains scenes of smoking. smoking is bad mmkay and it can damage your health mmkay". (I'm paraphrasing).
    We don't care that this picture also contains scenes of people snorting coke and shooting at each other with firearms. Those things can't hurt you, son. Relax.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    People driving in Indiana whilst looking at their smartphone.
    I see this every god damn day and it makes my blood boil.
    I see the driver's face looking downwards: I look, and often see a smartphone there.
    And it's partly the state's fault, for allowing you to speak on the phone whilst driving, though texting is illegal: of course if you allow people to speak they're going to read and text too.
    People are so damn stupid.
    All phone usage for drivers should be totally banned.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I'm a roadie. Or rather, a rigger, an electrician, an IT technician...on top of my actual departmental duties. Apologies in advance if this is an ignorant statement, but I feel like being OCD would actually be a potential detriment on the road - for literally no other reason than it's an extremely time-sensitive job. If you can't just get shit done quickly and not be bothered by things being relatively tidy but perfectly and precisely organized or done in an extremely specific way, then I would think you'd have a very difficult time getting things done as quickly as needed. (Again - if I'm making assumptions about what OCD is actually like and how people operate, feel free to steer me in a more educated direction so I don't make an ass of myself again in the future)
    No, that's dead on. It eats time. I think he's thinking of some like Adrian Monk bullshit and got mean when he felt like I corrected him.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    That's pretty dickish of them. On a similar topic, someone pissed me off on a forum the other day. I normally don't get defensive or post anything argumentative on forums, but I had some beers and I don't think it was necessary for them to use the tone they did.

Basically, we're posting about variations of a vinyl record. I like to keep my records sealed, and this person says "pretty sure no one gives a shit about your asphyxiated record collection," to which I replied "pretty sure that was an unnecessary passive aggressive comment. Fuck off."

Was I in the wrong? I don't think so and it pisssd me right the fuck off.
    I've often wondered about that type of situation on forums/social media too. Whoever that person was clearly asked for it though, but the problem is also if you were to receive infractions, since like school, "It doesn't matter who started it." on most forums.

On the other hand, such forums rules have helped me learn and accept to just ignore it, or at least not respond and look into myself if I was actually being the problem. If not, I currently see it and think of it to myself more and more of it as, "Well, I didn't actually do anything wrong, so whatever. Let it be their problem, not mine." It took me a while to realize that mindset though, as I'm also extremely "allergic" and averse to conflict. If it also really gets that bad, I just end up leaving it alone altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Oh, and nice find, as this is absolutely the "life to lead" from time to time.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-12-2016 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    All phone usage for drivers should be totally banned.
    It's totally banned here in Illinois except for hands-free bluetooth use, and people do it, anyway. I don't know if they just don't KNOW that it's been illegal for nearly two years in the entire state, or they just don't care.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    It's totally banned here in Illinois except for hands-free bluetooth use, and people do it, anyway. I don't know if they just don't KNOW that it's been illegal for nearly two years in the entire state, or they just don't care.
    I'll only pull out my phone and glance at it for a second if I'm sitting at a red light. It absolutely terrifies me when I'm riding passenger and the driver pulls out their phone and starts fucking with it while driving. I don't say anything though, because the one time I did, the driver actually turned his head to make eye-contact with me to tell me that I shouldn't worry so much... cell phone in his right hand, left hand passively on the wheel, eyes firmly not looking at the road while he was talking to me...

Anyway, thinking about all the times that I likely could have been swiped out of existence, I guess I'm glad I'm alive, and I shouldn't feel so bad about turning 36 yesterday. Never really got that feeling with other birthdays... always very much "who gives a fuck." But there's something about turning 18 x 2 that feels very much "it's all TOTALLY downhill from here"

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    "it's all TOTALLY downhill from here"
    Happy belated bday but you have a long way until you should start feeling that way, LOL. That didn't start occurring to me until I hit 50, I didn't realize I was a grown up until that time, LOL. Then I was, like, crap, I'm gonna die sooner than later. You're not even halfway to the average life expectancy, yet. Although, the Buddha said, death is our best teacher about life. Teaches us to appreciate life more.

There are a LOT of road distractions besides phones, too. Sometimes I look over and some guy is busy polishing off some big damned burger with two hands, using his knees to drive. Or I see somebody full on fucking with the radio stations or the built-in GPS Navigation settings. One time I saw somebody brushing their teeth while doing 70-mph on the way to work. Or I see a Mom dealing with kids in the back seat, looking in the rearview mirror instead of at the road.

I used to have a friend would could roll a joint while driving, and would talk to the people in the back seat via the rearview mirror, all at the same time, all while driving at high speeds on the freeway. Used to scare the shit out of me.

That Kiss song "Detroit Rock City" was written way before cell phones, LOL. A bunch of us in a car actually thought we were gonna die on the way to a concert in the 70s just like in that Kiss song because of the guy driving, OMG.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-12-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I used to have a friend would could roll a joint while driving, and would talk to the people in the back seat via the rearview mirror, all at the same time, all while driving at high speeds on the freeway. Used to scare the shit out of me.
    Jesus... didn't anyone else in the car know how to roll a joint?!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Jesus... didn't anyone else in the car know how to roll a joint?!
    Lol, he used to rolls these perfect nails ON HIS LAP! Like, blip, lick, here ya go!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Opening up about my clinical depression to someone and being told "Get some sunlight and take some uppers" before they then start talking about themselves dismissively.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    my best friend of nearly 30 years quit smoking recently. i'm really proud of him and am envious of the dough he's saving after smoking a pack a day for close to two decades. my issue: he now acts like every cigarette within a mile of him is completely assaulting his senses. i don't smoke around him, but it pisses me off to see him act like smokers who haven't quit are gross and offensive. he's still new to the non-smoker lifestyle and should be more understanding. or in the very least, less obnoxious and vocal about how much better he is than smokers. fuck, it was him who got me started in the first place.

edit: don't tell anyone, but he still sneaks smokes when he drinks. girl, please.
    Last edited by kel; 02-13-2016 at 05:12 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    my best friend of nearly 30 years quit smoking recently. i'm really proud of him and am envious of the dough he's saving after smoking a pack a day for close to two decades. my issue: he now acts like every cigarette within a mile of him is completely assaulting his senses. i don't smoke around him, but it pisses me off to see him act like smokers who haven't quit are gross and offensive. he's still new to the non-smoker lifestyle and should be more understanding. or in the very least, less obnoxious and vocal about how much better he is than smokers. fuck, it was him who got me started in the first place.

edit: don't tell anyone, but he still sneaks smokes when he drinks. girl, please.

I was very careful when I quit smoking to not become one of those people. In fact I still love the smell of smoke, I was addicted to it after all. Except for that stale smoke smell you sometimes get after you've smoked. That can fuck off. But that bothered me as a smoker too and I'm not going to get mad at someone for it.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Opening up about my clinical depression to someone and being told "Get some sunlight and take some uppers" before they then start talking about themselves dismissively.
    I felt compelled to reach out to you for a moment, as I can definitely relate to this. It has left me becoming more and more reserved with depression and negative emotions in general. I was told to exercise more, stop being weak and to stop feeling sorry for myself and to get over it because the past is over and the present is the only thing that I can do anything about. I can't seem to get this point across without opening up about my experience in this matter, so I'd have to make an exception here. It's also bad enough that negative emotions can even make one look stupid and crazy, along with having people/one's self actually think that one is stupid and crazy too.

I certainly hope that you can find the right people, or at least the right person to open up to, as I'm fully aware as to how talking it out can be a great benefit, even in spite of being the detrimental double-edged sword that it could be. Oh yes, and even if there were positive intentions behind saying such things, that still simply seems to be a very horrible way to go about it, and might even look downright inconsiderate, insensitive, cruel and rude. It's also no wonder why people like that don't even bother to listen or really care for that matter.

And well, go figure that somebody like me has dealt with a lot of failure, guilt, shame, disgrace, ostracism, rejection and isolation in one form or another, but I'm still trying even in spite of also having a lot of trouble forgiving and loving myself. There are just so many mistakes that I wish I never made, and I wish that I could fix all of them, even though I know that's not always realistic, nor possible. As much as I can have a sense of humor, there are just some things about me that just doesn't let me laugh things off and brush them off.

I also have clinical depression as well, as I should've mentioned earlier, along with my ADHD, and it sometimes gets so bad that I genuinely believe that everything and everybody would have been far better off if I wasn't ever born and never existed, or just ceased to exist. It thankful doesn't always affect me, nor do I always think about it or even act on it, but sometimes I look at myself and wonder why I'm even still here. I know I'm rambling a bit again, but this sort of thing always hit home for me.

You are definitely an unearthed treasure and gift as far as 2010s Echoing the Sound goes, and you also have an excellent talent in writing by the way. (I know, I'm kind of grasping at straws to try to cheer you up here too, but I'm also very sincere when I say that.) It would still be an honor to have you as part of The NIN Hotline, especially as a columnist or blogger of some sort. (And it doesn't have to be The NIN Hotline either. I just find you to be highly capable of creating excellent reads.) I also definitely find you to be very down to Earth, humble and very empathetic and compassionate and among some of the kindest members I've ever encountered here. As I'm sure you know, self-worth and self-esteem are very tricky and complex sometimes, as I'd also often get courage and love mixed up for foolishness and arrogance too. And then there's the subjective issue on what exactly to base your self-worth and self-esteem on too, because sometimes even accomplishments and awards through intellectual academic and lucrative occupational pursuits aren't always enough, and sometimes it really just comes from with in, and then figuring out yourself internally, while looking for internal sources of self-worth, which would hopefully/eventually figure out things externally. And well, goodness and value isn't always based and grounded in material/monetary/personal gain, or how many people like/love you and agree with you either. It obviously helps though, but that's also another part of the point.

Anyway, I hope what I said helps, even for just a little bit if possible, as I wanted to return the favor as far as you helping me out with my own self-worth and self-esteem issues. With all that said, I certainly wish you well and hope that you find your way.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-14-2016 at 08:31 AM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Infected bottom right wisdom tooth. That's the only one that has come through the skin, too. I've been on tons of painkillers and was like bedridden most of yesterday from the pain. My fiancé got me some antibiotics which is slowly helping but still hurts like a bitch as I type this.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This fucking hangover is destroying me.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    This fucking hangover is destroying me.
    Fuck you, my tooth is more important.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Well, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's a few years ago and at the time I believed it, I felt like shit. It's been a couple months since I've been off my meds due to traveling and forgetting to refill prescription and I've felt just dandy! None of the symptoms. So I said, Hell! I should get tested all over again to make sure that wasn't a fluke! Well, I got my full blood tests result in and I can't wait to talk to my doctor because while everything else is normal, my TSH level is rather through the roof and so are my antibody numbers- LMAO! J/K *headdesk*

So clearly shit is still going on but how the fuck do I feel like I have so much energy still? So bizarre!! This might be the power of the placebo effect where I kept telling myself "Nope, nothing is wrong, honestly! I refuse to believe it!"

Ugh, I'm just pissed at the mystery that is our body.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    Well, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's a few years ago and at the time I believed it, I felt like shit. It's been a couple months since I've been off my meds due to traveling and forgetting to refill prescription and I've felt just dandy! None of the symptoms. So I said, Hell! I should get tested all over again to make sure that wasn't a fluke! Well, I got my full blood tests result in and I can't wait to talk to my doctor because while everything else is normal, my TSH level is rather through the roof and so are my antibody numbers- LMAO! J/K *headdesk*

So clearly shit is still going on but how the fuck do I feel like I have so much energy still? So bizarre!! This might be the power of the placebo effect where I kept telling myself "Nope, nothing is wrong, honestly! I refuse to believe it!"

Ugh, I'm just pissed at the mystery that is our body.
    You are lucky you are feeling good, I know there are all these "drug company agenda" conspiracy theories in the thyroid communities and a million holistic miracle cures being touted that seem to benefit some people. And like all autoimmune disorders there is always a chance of remission because the immune system is mind bogglingly complex
    I went off my T4 a while back because I lost my health insurance and crashed big time, hair was falling out, gained 10+ lbs and was in such a brainfog I made some pretty bad errors at work. not good when in the medical field... also lost my bf of 8 years because I wasn't acting like myself anymore. During that period I also experienced really bad seasonal depression for the first time.
    now that i am in a land of national healthcare I am finally getting my regular checks, my dose has leveled out and I am feeling 10000 times better. minus the seasonal depression though, that seems to be getting worse every winter

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    You are lucky you are feeling good, I know there are all these "drug company agenda" conspiracy theories in the thyroid communities and a million holistic miracle cures being touted that seem to benefit some people. And like all autoimmune disorders there is always a chance of remission because the immune system is mind bogglingly complex
    I went off my T4 a while back because I lost my health insurance and crashed big time, hair was falling out, gained 10+ lbs and was in such a brainfog I made some pretty bad errors at work. not good when in the medical field... also lost my bf of 8 years because I wasn't acting like myself anymore. During that period I also experienced really bad seasonal depression for the first time.
    now that i am in a land of national healthcare I am finally getting my regular checks, my dose has leveled out and I am feeling 10000 times better. minus the seasonal depression though, that seems to be getting worse every winter
    Yikes, that sounds awful. I'm sorry you went through that, but it is an easily treatable problem thankfully!
    It's been utterly surprising that I don't have any of the regular symptoms that I was having, I feel fine sleeping 9 hrs a night. I mean, part of me thinks this absurdly warm weather just keeps me functioning because while people complain about 80-90 degree F weather, I'm doing all this stuff and complaining only when I start sweating and have to put on more deodorant! So I suppose my "sensitivity to cold" could be a symptom if there was any cold to be felt! The biggest problem I face that tells me when I still have an autoimmune disorder (before I had tests that said the normal "number" of this certain type of antibodies in the bloodstream is 40 and my results showed over 3000....) was that if I drank too much, I'd have hives the next day. Or sometimes randomly I get hives due to physical stress and pressure- so like after exercising, I'll get some around my where my gym clothes were tightest.

So bizarre. I did an ultrasound of my thyroid, and the guy didn't tell me what showed- he just sends the results to my doctor. Sooooo... who knows.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Been trying to get in touch with my friend for over a week now. I finally found him on the corrections website. He got a possession charge, and his bail is $75,000.

SEVENTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS

Like, what the fuck? That seems to be about 10x more than it should be.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    A mere three days after recovering from an allergy infection where antibiotics also tore my insides up, I somehow ate something bad and I guess I just live in the bathroom now.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Midnight Club® 3 DUB Edition Remix PS2 Classic not being available on the Playstation Store for purchase anymore, probably because of music licensing issues....

So pissed/bummed about it, really wanted to get that.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    THIS JUST UPSETS ME TO NO END, what the fuck!!

edit: Well, at least people are trying to do something about it, ugh. (Although, Ponso isn't in Liberia, he's by himself on an island in another country, ugh.)
    Last edited by allegro; 02-17-2016 at 12:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Missed a medical date with my physiotherapist. Kacke!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I went for an interview with an actual company after going through an agency. Interview was on Monday morning. I called the agency yesterday and they said I would hear back at latest yesterday or at very latest COB today (Friday). I've been waiting for hours all day and having not received a call at 4:45, I called the agency. Eventually the woman I have been liaising with called me back. She said that they expressed interest in hiring me, though the final say was pending the reference check. She sent off the reference check with my 2 referees though didn't hear back yet, so have to wait until Monday now. Two more friggin days of agony....

Last edited by Ryan; 02-19-2016 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Friends who move abroad to mainland Europe and who become insufferable and spiteful on Facebook everyday constantly trash their former country, (the UK here) insult its general population, condescend, label generalize and play down the intelligence of its people in a bigoted way.
    And seem to want their former country to collapse and seem to almost support forces which they KNOW would be bad for the country Then talk about how their new land is a utopia....ooohh because Austria is so RADICALLY different to the UK!...Dumbass

Im sure people in the U.S can relate to this.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I cooked my chicken breasts this morning in olive oil on accident.

That fuckin sucked.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    People who take out books from the library and instead of photocopying what they want from the book, cut or rip out the damn pages!!. Savages, thus destroy the book for anyone else who wants to borrow it". Fuckers!