Page 239 of 240 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,170 of 7181

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    @Magnetic , since you’re not high-risk and you’re young, can you fly to the U.K. now?

Asthma isn’t considered high-risk in and of itself, anymore.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    If I test positive for COVID antibodies (donating blood tomorrow), I'll consider flying over there. But honestly neither me nor my partner want to expose ourselves to potential life-long issues from this disease.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    What LastPass decided to change with their free tier, making me choose between usage on my PC or my phone or else pay a premium. That's a piss off.

So i ditched them for Bitwarden.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    When I answer the phone "Parts Department, This Is Matt, can you hold a moment please?" YOU NEED TO FUCKING SAY SOMETHING. Just say "Sure" or "yeah" or "ungh" or "heeugh" or fucking anything. Give me a sign of life you fuck.

Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    @Jinsai - is that even LEGAL in California? Could the restaurant kick him out?

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    @Jinsai - is that even LEGAL in California? Could the restaurant kick him out?
    To the best of my knowledge, it is not ok. He probably came in with a mask and then took it off when he started drinking.

Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, it is not ok. He probably came in with a mask and then took it off when he started drinking.
    Oooooooooh, okay. Yeah, it's hard to wear a mask when you're drinking. Same with when people are sitting at tables eating; they don't have to wear masks, then.

If you were more than 6 feet from him, you should be okay.

Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    My poor old American Bulldog is dying. It's tearing me apart. He's seen four different vets, including one in Colorado. We've spent like $1500, with no solid diagnosis. He's just dying. He gets confused and shits in the house. He has lost a bunch of weight, doesnt have much of an appetite, and only wants canned food now. What drives me the craziest is that he cries in pain, but no vet will give him fucking TRAMADOL because of the "opioid epidemic," aka junkies died from heroin and fentanyl, so now my dog can't have a medicine that might give him more time- a medicine that wouldn't get a fly high. And, trust me: as an ex junkie, I can safely say that when I was still using, I wouldn't have wasted the space in my stomach for tramadol.

They DID put him on enough non narcotic pain medicine for him to be comfortable MOST of the time, but he still sometimes cries a bit between doses. God DAMNIT I wish they'd just let him have the tramadol.

Anyway, it's just a matter of time, and I'm afraid we're gonna have to put him to sleep, sooner than later.

He was my wife's dog. When I first met him, she said 'stay back, he doesn't like strangers!' And I said "now, THAT'S obviously not going to work."
    And I introduced myself. That was nine years ago.

Over the years, he became MY dog. For most of those 9 years, he's slept next to me, and generally taken every step I take.

I love him SO. FUCKING. MUCH. I did NOT know you could get this close to an animal. I know they only live about ten years, and he's about to turn eleven. He has cancer or SOMETHING along those lines, I think.

I knew this would come one day. I prayed he would die of a heart attack or something before it came down to putting him to sleep.

He's cuddled up close next to me right now, and, it's tearing me apart, knowing that I'll likely be taking him to the old final vet visit in a few weeks.

Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    @elevenism - Tramadol has a lot of side effects and most vets aren’t using it, anymore.

They’re using NSAIDs like Deramaxx, which can be very effective for dogs.

Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    @elevenism - Tramadol has a lot of side effects and most vets aren’t using it, anymore.

They’re using NSAIDs like Deramaxx, which can be very effective for dogs.
    Yeah, that's what the vet in Denver said. BUT, my thinking is, if he's fucking dying anyway, and it can alleviate the pain for his last few weeks, what's the harm?

But she also LITERALLY told us that they didn't want to give it to us because they were afraid we'd take it.

But, once they saw the dog, the vet wanted us to try another treatment first, which is one that comes with its own set of side effects. And it IS helping quite a bit. She told us that if we still wanted to try the tramadol, we could come back to Denver, get a five day initial prescription, and then a month's prescription.

We might actually do that.

I just wish the tramadol was an option from the damn vet down the street, like it used to be.

Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    @elevenism - Just go with what you saw “helps” because Tramadol is not the magic elixir in dogs that you think it is. And what they’re saying isn’t some local thing: I had to sign some thing to get 0.3 mg/ml of Buprenorphine for my cat’s UTI. That’s like so little you can barely SEE it in the oral syringe, but it’s a Federal thing.

It’s very possible that your dog isn’t in pain, but is whining to express something else.

If the Tramadol “used to” have an effect, it may have only been because of the sedation aspects of the drug. Which means that Spike may actually need something that calms him, without the painkiller part.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-21-2021 at 01:34 PM.

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    About this time last year I was involved in an interview as one of the people on the board asking questions. We had a handful of people apply but only two really good applicants. Like, one point separated their respective interview scores good. Cut to a couple weeks later and we hire one of the two. Yay, job well done!

Nope. A couple weeks after that we find out the 2nd place finisher is upset because we didn't hire them. Not only that, we specifically didn't hire them for a specific HR-related reason. We found out what the reason was and laughed because it was such a silly reason. Like the kind of reason where you see it and say "oh that's an easy thing to prove so this will be over quickly." So we submit the requested paperwork and go on our way.

A couple weeks later we get a Litigation Hold and Document Request because they upped it to an EEO claim against the company. We again go through the motions and are even told "I'm going to ask for a dismissal because of the evidence". Now it's over. Right?

This month is another LH&DR because it's now a full-fledged court case. WHY is this person going through all this trouble? And I'm asking as the person who knows the entire story from this side. I get maybe they want to leave the state they're in - btw, it's an entire county between where they are and where the job is - and that maybe they're sick of the job they're in, but still. If you want to live in that state that badly, just move to it. It's wasting a lot of time for a lot of people.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Well, it's still a good reason you didn't hire them because look what would've happened if you did! ha

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    The worst part is that if we lose they get hired with full back pay to what should have been the start date. AND the person we did hire is now out a job.

Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    The worst part is that if we lose they get hired with full back pay to what should have been the start date. AND the person we did hire is now out a job.
    Just because people litigate a lot doesn’t mean they win. They typically look to settle, because hardly any cases go all the way to trial. But employment law is on your side. Unless there’s some kind of evidence of your company deliberately not hiring this person on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, or prior claims, and your company has adequate proof of this, as well as to how the other candidate was even SLIGHTLY more qualified, NO person can force a company to hire via litigation (which amounts to nothing short of extortion). Further, your legal team can recover costs and fees for the trouble, and file a counter suit for punitive damages.

I mean, shit, think about how many companies out there go through the bullshit process of advertising and interviewing when they also fulfilled the obligation of posting the job internally and already planned to hire internally but had to do all that other shit because the company handbook says you have to. It’d be raining lawsuits. It probably IS.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-22-2021 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Yeah, I've just been getting tired of this one. I hope it's an easy case for them.

Speaking on your second paragraph: I just completed a position upgrade for someone and did a direct-hire action so we could get him in there. HR responds with "well since it's a new position you have to advertise the position for 15 days at the minimum". We're not going to hire someone who isn't the person already doing the job so this is a fruitless endeavor. We're going to spend two weeks on this BS when it should have taken two days.

It would be a lot better if HR actually helped with these things instead of just being the place we send requests for "No" responses to everything.

Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Wait. Ok, @allegate r, I'm lost. On the board for WHAT, do you mean? Sorry if I look like a dumbass, here.

Edit: never mind. I get it now.

Sometimes I read too fast, and miss things.

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    no problem. I also type like everyone knows exactly what I mean at all times so it's easy to lose people when I start doing that.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    if I have to read one more person on my social feed bitch and moan about the trans-friendly new Potato Head toy...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    if I have to read one more person on my social feed bitch and moan about the trans-friendly new Potato Head toy...

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)

Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    PWND

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Goddamn restless legs!!!

I wonder if Potato Head's legs sometimes get restless at night and if they feel as helpless and depressed as I do.

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    I hate it when that starts up. I had to start sleeping with a pillow under my legs so I could keep them elevated, somehow that helps.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The two things that help with mine are exercise and lying on my front

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Thank you for the tips, my friends. I'll try them.

<3

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    mobile twitter has been pissing me off. Showing me posts from people I don't know, topics that I don't give two figs about, and just in general being a PITA for trying to just see the stuff from people I actually follow. Useless piece of crap, honestly.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    mobile twitter has been pissing me off. Showing me posts from people I don't know, topics that I don't give two figs about, and just in general being a PITA for trying to just see the stuff from people I actually follow. Useless piece of crap, honestly.
    have you switched it to show "latest tweets"? click the little stars in the top right.

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    I just switched to that so hopefully it gets rid of the "wrestling" topic tweets and "influencer" topic tweets and the rest of the like.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    I just switched to that so hopefully it gets rid of the "wrestling" topic tweets and "influencer" topic tweets and the rest of the like.
    you can do the same in a browser, too