Page 217 of 263 FirstFirst ... 117 167 207 215 216 217 218 219 227 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,510 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I really have no excuse, since our apartment has a decent gym on the ground floor. I just... I dunno. Once I get in the habit of it, it's easy enough, it's just all about starting the habit up.
    My motivation is fear. Haven't been home yet this year, and there's always someone on this tour with bronchitis, pneumonia, the flu, norovirus, you name it. So literally every city we get to, I make it a point to get in a cardio workout at the gym. Not so much as to wear me out, but enough to both keep my immune system in check and to get out enough energy on otherwise sedentary days off that I can sleep well at night. I know for a fact that if I didn't hit the gym at all, I would be an easy target for catching any of the illnesses flying around this group. And when you're working 8am-1am and sleeping on buses, the last thing in the world you want is to get sick.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I'm hitting the gym, just need to get that second part down. I have days where I'm good and eat my four tangerines and a banana for lunch and then there are days where a nice grilled chicken sandwich is way more what I want than any bit of fruit.

I'm in travel status for the next few days and for dinner I had some chicken tenders but I also grabbed a big thing of mango and blueberries for breakfast so I'm almost healthy, right?

Oh yeah, and a hotel gym.
    to be fair, a grilled chicken sandwich is way healthier than a lot of other options. you could be eating double bacon cheeseburgers every day and washing them down with a milkshake.

i've been trying to eat better, especially at lunch, both to save money and because i'm always too tired to exercise by the time i'm done with work (physical labor). so i've been bringing a yogurt and granola in the mornings, a peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread for lunch (gonna start bringing cucumber instead of chips, even though i only bring about 10 chips), and two small pieces of dark chocolate for dessert. i was going to chipotle or starbucks or potbelly pretty much every day and spending $8-$12 on lunch, and it really adds up. hell, instead of eating out 5 days a week i could be buying two records every week, and that in itself is good motivation

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    The more I think about it, it really is sometimes very hard to find a good way to word things in this thread, but I also understand that it's because it's about the little things that piss us off anyway.

And well, I guess this is a given in all cities or just crowded places in general, but I've been noticing more and more that a lot of people don't want to walk around other people or wait for people to pass them by first no matter how crowded or even narrow the sidewalk is. People seem to always hate having to walk around people or wait for people to pass them by first even when it's actually necessary. I'm not talking about people just blocking the sidewalks for no good reason, or people that also make sudden stops at bad times either. It just seems to be considerate to know when to let people walk past you first, or when to walk around and dodge people as opposed to just shoving right through crowds in a straight line each and every single time. Lots of people love walking in a straight line as quickly as possible, and while I don't blame them for not wanting to be late, that also increases the chances of causing accidents and serious injuries, especially in very narrow and congested spaces, yet they hate even the mere thought of going around people or waiting for them to pass them by first, even if for just a few seconds.

I've just been noticing this a lot more times than I ever thought I would, and it seemed like it would fit right into this thread.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-15-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    In last 4 week's I've personally watched my boss wash his hands 5 times. Once was at the end of shift before he went to punch out. Not saying he hasnt done it more than that but in 7-8 hours im in the kitchen with him that's all. Literally entire shifts ... He'll rinse them in sani-water but really what in the actual fuck. He also rarely uses gloves. Now if I saw some legit fuckery I wouldn't hesitate to light his ass up. That said I'm not sure I'll make it much longer before I, once again, burn his ass to the floor.

Also the douche bag owner is being so tight on hours my last check wouldn't have covered my rent, nor did the one before, meaning the mid month check is half gone when I get it. We have 3 cooks total, including my boss man. Even the exec. Chef/owner (great guy) thinks he's a total twat. I may be just a line bitch here but I'm far from stupid and have been doing this since i was 16. Solid now for 20 years, im 40.
    Boss man is in over his head, not a terrible cook overall, but not where he needs to be. He could maybe pass as a front of house manager. He does the thing for sure but his struggle is very real and obvious to everyone. Sadly douche canoe has him by the balls. His terrible music aside i like the guy. He just drives me crazy with his sometimes utter ineptitude.

The other day he talked to me about my open hostility at times. Said he doesn't feel i show him enough respect, I had on numerous occasions in the past tell him that when washing the sautee pans generally you need to scrub them. So many times I got a talking too about that. Basic shit. So yeah I kinda dont. Then he said some shit about me being on my phone too much, laughable. Than repeated the same shit douche nugget said at the employee party about this summer, big things in the works, yadda yadda.
    He even had the ignorance to bring up when this September he mentioned to me being his legit sous then 3 weeks later after i heard similar talk from exec./Boss and a different manager mention the idea, I asked about it and he waffled so hard I smelled maple syrup. Saying some shit about it being the slow time. Our "season" having been over for a while already. Now granted I'm sure this on account of D.B. jerking off to numbers and recinding.

I may be a jack-ass but the only way I'll even consider a carrot at this point in my life is you stuff it in my face. I see a stick and a string attached, all im gonna do is look at you like you got me fucked up.

Now I'm usually not overly difficult and try and maintain a positive attitude. That said this is kitchen work and while I don't at all buy into asshole chef/cook mentality, I shoot my mouth off. It's just who I am, I ate my fair share of soap as a child. It is what it is. However, its come to the point when our new guy, broadly similar in experience and age, mentions some random act of fuckery all I can say that I know, and I don't talk about it anymore lest i get grief. And yes I start nice but after so many times of saying the same shit over and over, I'll get a bit triggered.

It really bums me out as despite all this it's cool spot with decent food and good people. Which leads me to my final point. I'm tired of myself bitching. It's just seriously frustrating to see my boss man being micro managed and then doing same himself, while keeping his rose covered glasses stapled to his face. I also feel bad that things soured between Chef and the D.B. as chef is one of the better guys ive worked for. Its fucked.

/holyshitmouthvomitRANT

TLDR: People got me fucked up.
    I won't be babbling on about this again I promise.

* Were at 15 now. Two months, and tonight was crab night. I'm done.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 03-14-2019 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    People who wash fucking whole balls of steel wool down the fucking drain, cuz now I have to stay at work after-hours on a Friday while we wait for a professional plumber to come out. Just got done pulling wads of steel wool by hand from their drain as far back as I could in the plumbing, and now I just have to hope that no one in the 5 other apartments upstairs decides to run anything down their drains or run their dishwasher because it’ll just come right down and flood this kitchen.

Like what the fuck.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    People who wash fucking whole balls of steel wool down the fucking drain, cuz now I have to stay at work after-hours on a Friday while we wait for a professional plumber to come out. Just got done pulling wads of steel wool by hand from their drain as far back as I could in the plumbing, and now I just have to hope that no one in the 5 other apartments upstairs decides to run anything down their drains or run their dishwasher because it’ll just come right down and flood this kitchen.

Like what the fuck.
    When i first moved into the house here, bout 9 years ago, i started having problems with the kitchen sink clogging. tried Drano, a snake, all that stuff. Finally it just wouldn't drain at all, and we'd barely used it. So, i took a bucket and pulled off a section of the pipe under the sink. In addition to being sprayed with the various drain cleaner chemicals i'd tried and subsequently getting some mild chemical burns, i found what amounted to a compressed cylinder of pure grease/fat/lard/whatever about 6 inches long completely filling the entire piece of pipe. The people who'd lived here previously just poured straight grease down the drain, no rinsing, and the company who flipped the house to us never bothered to check into it.

Totally gross, totally a mess.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    When i first moved into the house here, bout 9 years ago, i started having problems with the kitchen sink clogging. tried Drano, a snake, all that stuff. Finally it just wouldn't drain at all, and we'd barely used it. So, i took a bucket and pulled off a section of the pipe under the sink. In addition to being sprayed with the various drain cleaner chemicals i'd tried and subsequently getting some mild chemical burns, i found what amounted to a compressed cylinder of pure grease/fat/lard/whatever about 6 inches long completely filling the entire piece of pipe. The people who'd lived here previously just poured straight grease down the drain, no rinsing, and the company who flipped the house to us never bothered to check into it.

Totally gross, totally a mess.
    Uuuugggghhhhhh, been there, my friend! It’s bad enough that people will put all kinds of bad stuff down their drains, but that’s also why I usually advise people against using drain-clearing chemicals. If it’s a minor clog, it may help, but most of the time if it’s bad enough that nothing is getting through, it’s past the point where those things will help, then it becomes a matter of me having to be careful to avoid chemical burns or breathing fumes! It can be really messy. I wish they made those things to be more effective. Grease is absolutely awful. And physical objects are just the worst.

At my last property, we discovered that one of the residents in this one apartment was babysitting children, and those children were putting those little animals that swell up when exposed to water down the drain. This was after THREE days of doing everything we could to reach the clog. We’d even told all the upstairs apartments they couldn’t use their kitchen drains at all because we had to work on the ground floor, and even if we put all the plumbing back together, anything from upstairs would just immediately start filling the sink downstairs and overflow onto the floor. Ugh. What. A. Nightmare.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Wahahahaha. Ok, well, here we fucking go. I'm on a treatment that basically makes your immune system not work very well, on purpose.
    This has terrified me, but I was told it was the safest, best option.

WELL

I caught this steam burn on my hand a few days ago , from opening some soup that had been in microwave.

And I just woke up, and that shit is now like, RIDICULOUSLY infected. Like it's all dark, with a halo of red skin, and it hurts like a motherfucker and looks like it's spreading.

This types of shit was precisely what I was afraid of. FUCK. I better get to the dr quick before they wind up having to cut my thumb off or some shit, but, here's the thing: what can they DO? I mean, this medicine is a weekly shot that takes a couple of months to build up and kick in. So it's not like I can just, not take it tomorrow and my immune system will be back to normal. Also, I don't think you can take antibiotics while on this shit. I guess ima find out, though.

At least this: dude to my bleak sense of humor, I think it's fucking hilarious.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Stupid, but I'm totally unable to find information about a specific show I went to years ago. It wasn't a bunch of unsigned acts or anything. Fuck.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Stupid, but I'm totally unable to find information about a specific show I went to years ago. It wasn't a bunch of unsigned acts or anything. Fuck.
    same shit happened to me, yesterday!
    It also drives me nuts that setlist.fm is missing setlists for, idk, Ozzy and shit, and Bone Thugs: BIG ACTS.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    What kind of information, and what show?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    What kind of information, and what show?
    Haste the Day's When Everything Falls album release show in 2005. Took place in Indianapolis. I want to know what other bands played. There's no reason, really, but it's bothering me that I can't remember.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Haste the Day's When Everything Falls album release show in 2005. Took place in Indianapolis. I want to know what other bands played. There's no reason, really, but it's bothering me that I can't remember.
    Here are some of their other 2005 dates...maybe something will jog your memory?

https://www.concertarchives.org/band...the-day?page=4

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    This bitch needs to die......

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Wahahahaha. Ok, well, here we fucking go. I'm on a treatment that basically makes your immune system not work very well, on purpose.
    This has terrified me, but I was told it was the safest, best option.

WELL

I caught this steam burn on my hand a few days ago , from opening some soup that had been in microwave.

And I just woke up, and that shit is now like, RIDICULOUSLY infected. Like it's all dark, with a halo of red skin, and it hurts like a motherfucker and looks like it's spreading.

This types of shit was precisely what I was afraid of. FUCK. I better get to the dr quick before they wind up having to cut my thumb off or some shit, but, here's the thing: what can they DO? I mean, this medicine is a weekly shot that takes a couple of months to build up and kick in. So it's not like I can just, not take it tomorrow and my immune system will be back to normal. Also, I don't think you can take antibiotics while on this shit. I guess ima find out, though.

At least this: dude to my bleak sense of humor, I think it's fucking hilarious.
    Steam burns are the worst. Use some triple antibiotic oinment and keep it covered. Heard a thing at work about slathering burns in mustard. A freind burned the shit out of himself on hot steel doing some forging. He was burned but not really that bad. Around this time I vwas chatting with some other cat who happened to say the same thing. Even read it a few times in fb cooks group im in. That said I've tried it myself and it seems to help but these have been fairly minor grease burns. Good luck.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Steam burns are the worst. Use some triple antibiotic oinment and keep it covered. Heard a thing at work about slathering burns in mustard. A freind burned the shit out of himself on hot steel doing some forging. He was burned but not really that bad. Around this time I vwas chatting with some other cat who happened to say the same thing. Even read it a few times in fb cooks group im in. That said I've tried it myself and it seems to help but these have been fairly minor grease burns. Good luck.
    thanks, dude. It actually worked out: I slathered it with Two Metric Fucktons of Neosporin, and did see the dr, and now, it's close to all right.
    Man. I couldn't believe that shit. I had caught some milder steam burns working a stint at a cafeteria, but it was nothing like this.
    I didn't have any idea how bad I'd been burned until the next morning when I noticed, like, an ABSURDLY huge blister, both in length, and especially, height. It was like cartoonish. What happened with the puss was cartoonish. But it didn't HURT for a few days because, I guess, the nerve endings were burned?
    I say goddamn. This all happened because of an innocuous little cup of Sam's Choice Lime Flavored Chicken Tortilla Soup. I'd like to beat Sam's ass, lololololololol.
    Sorry if I'm rambling, but man, you're definitely right about the nastiness of steam burns. I've caught all kinds of burns in my absurd, rock and roll lifestyle, but the only thing that was worse than this shit was getting on the back of a Harley and cooking my leg on the muffler.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My crazy neighbor ... Dude has no life, apparently no job either, outside this 5 unit building. I'd get into it but I'm locked in until November. More sure to come. Also, floor turkey ...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Word, @Cat Mom . the COLORS that motorcycle burn turns are CRAZY! mine looked sort of blue and aquamarine and such at times.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Saw this and thought of this page:

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I've been vaping instead of smoking for some years now. My favorite flavor is Whatever Is On Actual Clearance, aka 15ml bottles of Zeus Juice for $.99 from the head shop in Amarillo. I'll get 30 or 40 of those when I'm in Amarillo, and it's always worked great, until today.

I got a few bottles of a flavor called 57 Chevy. I figured it was some sort of metaphorical name: perhaps it was cherry flavored, or tasted like old school tobacco.

I was wrong.

THIS shit is an aberration. You guys know the smell of seat leather in those old mustangs? That's what this tastes like. It tastes like the inside of an old mustang smells.

I like that SMELL, but it's not something I wish to INGEST, in any way, ever.
    I wonder who in the hell thought this was a good idea?
    It's ROUGH. It actually makes me sick to my stomach.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    "cancelled"

I understand the idea of it, but seeing the term thrown around so often is starting to make me roll my eyes.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    add 'cancel culture' to that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It will eventually run its course and go away. I hope.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @allegater and @onthewall2983 , can you guys please explain?
    I assume we aren't talking about tv shows/movies being cancelled.

Edit: nevermind, I've got it. And I don't think it's going away anytime soon.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-18-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    To me it seems like glorified bullying more often than not. I wish Black Mirror would make an episode about it.

Edit: actually, Black Mirror did make an episode about it, in a way. The episode with the killer bees. People on social networks were voting which of the famous people should die next, right? To me, it does seem like a cancel culture brought to an extreme level

Edit 2: oh, my first faceplam! Thank you, Sarah
    Last edited by Edo; 03-19-2019 at 01:47 PM. Reason: afterthought

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    This Midwest flooding. It was already a tough season/year for agriculture because it has been so cold, so crops were struggling. And now so many of those crops are just lakes with ice chunks in the middle. By the time everything is cleaned up and ready to be planted, it will be way too late in the season, so some farms will be losing a whole year of income and take huge losses.

It is also calving season, and my brother's place has already lost a ton of calves. They have to basically stay with them 24/7 so they don't lose more.

Get ready for super expensive groceries in a couple of months.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Fire alarm going off in the hotel.

At 12:05 AM.

For the fourth time on this tour alone.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post

Crap!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    This Midwest flooding. It was already a tough season/year for agriculture because it has been so cold, so crops were struggling. And now so many of those crops are just lakes with ice chunks in the middle. By the time everything is cleaned up and ready to be planted, it will be way too late in the season, so some farms will be losing a whole year of income and take huge losses.

It is also calving season, and my brother's place has already lost a ton of calves. They have to basically stay with them 24/7 so they don't lose more.

This is all so awful. My heart really goes out to all Midwest farmers. It's heartbreaking. I'm willing to pay more to help with losses.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    the kitten that i'm taking care of woke me up at THREE AM when she discovered how to turn on the kitchen sink -_-

i guess i'm thankful she started yowling because otherwise i would have slept through the sound of the water, thinking it was a radiator. but like...jeez, dude, it's 3am.