Thread: The little things that piss you off

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elke View Post
    My dad getting angry with me for not wanting digital tv, simply because he thinks I should have it, and I should be modern, and it would cost me less than regular old cable. Nevermind that to install the digibox I'd have to buy a new cupboard, I hate everything digital tv costs and it's my decision. I did not grow to be 32 years old, to have my dad tell me off like a fucking school girl.
    Ugh.
    Have you tried telling him that since it's so important TO HIM that you have digital TV that he should be the one to buy you the new cupboard you would need to get it and that he should pay for the whole digital TV service? I've often found that the "I'm perfectly fine with what I have right now but if you want to give things to me as a gift, it's all right by me" attitude to shut people up quite effectively. No offense to your father though.

As for what is pissing me off: people who are making way to much food for the holidays (year after year after year) and who are pushing the leftovers to others since apparently, they don't "like" leftovers.

I'm looking at you, mother.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    As for what is pissing me off: people who are making way to much food for the holidays (year after year after year) and who are pushing the leftovers to others since apparently, they don't "like" leftovers.

I'm looking at you, mother.
    My mom is the same, and everyone tells her so. Sounds like an Italian household.