Page 225 of 263 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,750 of 7887

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I called a local vinyl shop to see if I could pick up a new release. They said I couldn't because they weren't an essential business but they could ship it to me. Sure, whatever, I'm supporting local business. So she ships it media mail and for some reason...
    Expected delivery
    April 01, 08:00PM
    Tracking number created
    March 30, 01:33PM
    Vancouver, WA
    Package received by USPS
    In transit
    March 31, 03:49AM
    Seattle Wa Network Distribution Center
    ...it's going to Seattle before coming back to Vancouver?!? Jesus. I could have just sat outside the shop and intercepted the delivery!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    two days ago, i noticed a weird smell and heard a bunch of sound coming from our basement. then we got a text that the property management company was aware of the backup in the basement. naturally, i threw on my shoes and ran down there (we live on the first floor) to find a lake of filth. there was also gunk spread out over the entire basement, not just where the water was. i don't know how high up it got at any point, but i'm fairly certain it got into our storage space. can't get over to it right now to check, but i'm really hoping it didn't. thankfully, most of the stuff in there isn't on the ground.

the plumbers were supposed to be back yesterday to finish fixing it / cleaning up, but apparently they were waiting for a special part, so they're supposedly coming back today. i have yet to hear anything (it's almost noon) so i'm not super hopeful. what a shitty (no pun intended) time to have this happen.
    I can relate to that and I hope you dealt with this. I moved into a new house and everything was fine until I noticed that everything gets dusty very quickly. I even got myself a decent robot vacuum as was suggested by this article for prevent the daily cleaning. My landlord said everything's okay and I'm just obsessed with clean. I think this place is just falling apart but it was pretty cheap to rent so I'm the only one here to blame.
    Last edited by outofthisworld; 04-10-2020 at 09:02 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Fill out the Identity Theft Report at identitytheft.gov and follow those steps.
    Started on that yesterday filled with credit companies and put a fraud hold up as well. Also yesterday I got text from "walmartmoney" inquiring about my card. I initially replied though I had already canceled my card and locked my account down. Sure as shit they tried to phish me for my number. To which I replied, "ahh so it was you. Ty for giving me a point of contact to forward to Walmart." They never replied. Was definitely odd seeing that they had my information. Gonna finish up the other steps on the FTC site tonight.

allegro: They've been good about it so far. I'm thinking it won't be an issue.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 04-01-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I called a local vinyl shop to see if I could pick up a new release. They said I couldn't because they weren't an essential business but they could ship it to me. Sure, whatever, I'm supporting local business. So she ships it media mail and for some reason...
    ...it's going to Seattle before coming back to Vancouver?!? Jesus. I could have just sat outside the shop and intercepted the delivery!
    USPS Informed Delivery said it's supposed to be arriving today but the mailman drove up, skipped my mailbox, and drove away. I checked the tracking number and it says it's not even out for delivery!

Status

In-Transit

April 1, 2020

In Transit, Arriving Late

so they're coming out again? that seems counter-productive in this COVID world.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Started on that yesterday filled with credit companies and put a fraud hold up as well. Also yesterday I got text from "walmartmoney" inquiring about my card. I initially replied though I had already canceled my card and locked my account down. Sure as shit they tried to phish me for my number. To which I replied, "ahh so it was you. Ty for giving me a point of contact to forward to Walmart." They never replied. Was definitely odd seeing that they had my information. Gonna finish up the other steps on the FTC site tonight.

allegro: They've been good about it so far. I'm thinking it won't be an issue.
    Did you freeze your credit with all three credit agencies as well as place a fraud alert? It’s free by Federal law, now. All security experts are recommending that EVERYONE do this, especially after the Equifax breach.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I did yes.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    (little things)
    YouTube videos with static image encoded with e.g. 30 frames per second instead of e.g. 1 fps, such a waste of computer resources and internet bandwidth. But what can you do when YouTube is the only usable platform for internet music. ;-)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    An author I like has a new book coming out late in the year and started doing pre-sales of it but only listed USA options, so I asked about Canadian ones (he is a Canadian author, but lives in the US)... they recommended one option and so I decided to support that.

I pre-ordered the new book and also ordered an older book by the same author to help support them a bit more... so they send the older title first... but it's the wrong edition of the book.

I'm fucking pissed at them right now. Yes I've contacted them and expect it to be resolved positively but now isn't the time to be fucking up simple shit.

(edit: it's been sorted out now... I get to keep the wrong edition and they are sending out the correct edition today... but I'm still pissed)
    Last edited by MrLobster; 04-06-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    woke up to the sound of not one but TWO large trucks beeping while backing up, followed by a workman using a giant circular saw on the sidewalk directly outside my bedroom window. at 7am.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    woke up to the sound of not one but TWO large trucks beeping while backing up, followed by a workman using a giant circular saw on the sidewalk directly outside my bedroom window. at 7am.
    Never have I flashed to this so quickly...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Does anyone also suddenly getting insanely increased amount of ads on Youtube? Like in the last couple of weeks or so? Especially the masterclass ones

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Apple today introduced a Mac Pro Wheels kit designed for the Mac Pro, which adds wheels to the machine after purchase. The kit is priced at $699.
    When adding wheels to the Mac Pro when making an initial purchase, Apple charges $400, but the standalone kit to be used after purchase is $300 more because the pre-purchase price includes the price of removing the $300 feet.

Apple says the kit includes a 1/4-inch to 4mm hex bit for installing the wheels, but additional tools are necessary. The purchase price includes a total of four wheels and an installation guide.
    what the actual fucking hell is that bullshit.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    what the actual fucking hell is that bullshit.
    ahahahahahahahahaha

or you could just buy some casters & screws at home depot for $10

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    WTF is up with kpop stans? I can be reading a twitter thread and suddenly there are several videos and the posts are using hashtags to spam the thread. I block and report every one of them but I don't understand why they do it.

sorry, just went through a block/report jag so it's fresh. also now I'm the only person on my end of the building since the other guy had to go home and quarantine so I'm going to be a little stir crazy.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    WTF is up with kpop stans? I can be reading a twitter thread and suddenly there are several videos and the posts are using hashtags to spam the thread. I block and report every one of them but I don't understand why they do it.
    I'll take the hit...

Simple answer: it was a marketing technique that got out of hand. Big Hit Entertainment and later Blockberry Creative wanted a way to raise awareness for BTS and Loona, respectively. It started innocently enough with people asking "Any ARMYs here?", then the "stan loona" phenomenon, and now it belongs primarly to internet trolls looking to... well, troll.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The little things that piss you off

Web services that don't provide "delete account" functionality, like echoingthesound.org.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post

Web services that don't provide "delete account" functionality, like echoingthesound.org.
    Just start writing a lot of really racist shit and personal attacks against other users. Your account will be gone in no time.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post

why do you want to delete your account here?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    How do you go above a seller's head and report them to Amazon for investigation? I have a feeling that the seller does not have all of the inventory they claim to, and is not properly placing/marking orders on backorder, etc.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i'm really sick of people not gendering me correctly on here. it says "they/them" directly under my username on all my posts. it's not hard.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tree harvesting in my country, I get it that it's just farming the trees and grow them again but what's happening is not normal, I don't believe this is sustainable and it's going on like there's no tomorrow or no world to keep for our children. Chainsaw noises all the time everywhere... today picture around where I live.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i'm really sick of people not gendering me correctly on here. it says "they/them" directly under my username on all my posts. it's not hard.
    As the resident old fart, I do admit that figuring out the new social norms regarding gender are quite confusing to me. Please understand I have absolutely no problem addressing anyone in the manner they prefer. That is simply being polite. If I do happen to get it wrong, there is no malicious intent, it's just my ignorance of the rules. Especially when social interaction has never been something I am very good at.

So, I am curious if you think people misgender you intentionally? It seems like such an absurd thing to do with intent, unless someone is just trying to be rude. If you are being misgendered unintentionally, perhaps simple ignorance is the cause? Some of us can take awhile (many decades) to learn new stuff.

Either way, I am sorry it bothers you, and hope I am not one of the guilty persons.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    As the resident old fart, I do admit that figuring out the new social norms regarding gender are quite confusing to me. Please understand I have absolutely no problem addressing anyone in the manner they prefer. That is simply being polite. If I do happen to get it wrong, there is no malicious intent, it's just my ignorance of the rules. Especially when social interaction has never been something I am very good at.

So, I am curious if you think people misgender you intentionally? It seems like such an absurd thing to do with intent, unless someone is just trying to be rude. If you are being misgendered unintentionally, perhaps simple ignorance is the cause? Some of us can take awhile (many decades) to learn new stuff.

Either way, I am sorry it bothers you, and hope I am not one of the guilty persons.
    not at all, you're good. and i'm totally fine with with phrases like "hey, man" or the word "dude" in general; that doesn't bother me in the slightest. but when someone refers to me as "he" or if someone referred to me as "a man" i would be extremely uncomfortable. to me it's similar to someone constantly referring to someone as "max" who prefers to go by "maxwell" (ask me how i know!), except it's even more upsetting than that because it's literally refusing to acknowledge an aspect of my identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Definitely not in defense of anyone, but maybe you could label your pronouns as "Pronouns" for the people who wouldn't otherwise know what that text indicates? As I'm certain you're aware, many cisgendered people have enough privilege in that department to not even consider there are other ways of being and modes of speech unless it's presented in neon in their faces. Actual neon text might help, too. I'd never even noticed your pronouns there—or pretty much anyone's subheader, now that I'm looking, despite customizing my own like ten years ago—until you pointed them out. The burden shouldn't be on you but, well, we know how this works at present.
    the people i've seen do it on a regular basis are definitely people with beef toward me, so i'm almost entirely sure it is intentional. it's a really easy way to disrespect someone and make them feel like you're talking down to them, which is their goal. and i'm not being dramatic when i say that, even though i know how it sounds.

and i know you're not defending anyone. you're probably the smartest person on here and i know you always want to encourage people to think critically and deeply, and i always appreciate that about you <3

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Is it possible that they’re just wrapped up in their own lives and worlds right now, especially due to this pandemic, and this online thing sometimes leads people to overlook the details outside themselves? I know lots of people here think I’m a dude.

Back in 1985 there was Mark Ethan Smith who was pretty much the online revolutionary of gender and Mark suffered a lot of crap (and dished a lot, too, including doxing my best friend, but I digress). We’ve come a long way, or maybe not.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-01-2020 at 01:11 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    As the resident old fart
    Heh You’re not the only resident old fart.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Is it possible that they’re just wrapped up in their own lives and worlds right now, especially due to this pandemic, and this online thing sometimes leads people to overlook the details outside themselves? I know lots of people here think I’m a dude.
    i mean it's really one person in particular who has spent the last 24+ hours shitting on me in a particular thread and insulting my creative endeavors, as well.

it's been fun! /sarcasim*

*this is a deep cut joke that i know allegro will get; i know it's spelled wrong.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    i mean it's really one person in particular who has spent the last 24+ hours shitting on me in a particular thread and insulting my creative endeavors, as well.
    Oh, well, in that case. My Grandma would say ignore them, they ain’t worth it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    not at all, you're good. and i'm totally fine with with phrases like "hey, man" or the word "dude" in general; that doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    I use dude a lot...for everyone, regardless of gender. (The 90s stuck with me.) Though I think I specifically caught myself typing a reply to you and edited it out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    WiFi and Internet connectivity that starts to misbehave at random times with not even one logical explanation.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    As I am mostly using my phone to read and post on here I am unable to see this. No bad intention if I happen to be one of these people.