Page 214 of 263 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 212 213 214 215 216 224 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,420 of 7887

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Group projects - even in grad school. I falsely assumed that at this level, everyone would be super invested and would follow through on what they said they were going to do. This is a competitive environment in a selective program. Get the fuck out if you don't care, because you're taking a seat from someone who does.

One of my group members has openly said that she does not care about this degree or program, and is only there because NYPD gives her a year off to complete it, and she just had a baby. However, she will be forced to take FIVE grad level courses next semester - she would have more free time if she was working. Five classes is WAY more hours of work than a full time job.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    What's the degree?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    M.S. in Policy.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Chode 1: “Was she Indian?”

Chode 2: ”Uhhh, I dunno, could be?”

Chode 1: “Like, dot or feather?”

Fucking Christ, guys.
    My future mother-in-law did something similar last year. She said something about an Indian person, then clarified by saying "not those Indians, but...you know....[fans one hand out behind her head and makes whooping noises with her other hand]"

EVERY single person in the room, without hesitating, jumped on her immediately. This is why I love the people I'll be related to someday. They are not afraid to call people out - even their own parents - when they hear something like that.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm 99% sure I got scammed by u/Newbix_ in my unchecked excitement over getting a PM from them in regards to my request in r/nin for a 9/18 ticket stub. They responded and said they had two tickets since they were unable to attend after something came up last minute and asked me to make an offer. I threw out $20 and they accepted, so I asked if it'd be through PayPal. They said their account was still in the process of being validated so they could only accept through Cash App which is a Square app that only allows debit transactions.

Stupidly, I went forward with it and sent the $20 to their provided tag on Monday. They confirmed receipt and asked for my shipping address which I provided. It was only then that I actually viewed their post history and realized what a shady shitshow of a user they are. It was 100% my own fault and thankfully only $20, but I fully expect to never receive the ticket. I messaged again yesterday at around 5pm MT asking when it would be in the mail and they said today since it's their day off. They've been active on Reddit but haven't responded since and I don't think they will.

Sigh.

Since it's debit, Cash App has no recourse apart from requesting a refund, and my bank can't do anything either. I'm mostly pissed at myself for letting my desire for a hard ticket stub to the 9/18 show cloud my otherwise sound judgement. Idiot.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I'm 99% sure I got scammed by u/Newbix_ in my unchecked excitement over getting a PM from them in regards to my request in r/nin for a 9/18 ticket stub. They responded and said they had two tickets since they were unable to attend after something came up last minute and asked me to make an offer. I threw out $20 and they accepted, so I asked if it'd be through PayPal. They said their account was still in the process of being validated so they could only accept through Cash App which is a Square app that only allows debit transactions.

Stupidly, I went forward with it and sent the $20 to their provided tag on Monday. They confirmed receipt and asked for my shipping address which I provided. It was only then that I actually viewed their post history and realized what a shady shitshow of a user they are. It was 100% my own fault and thankfully only $20, but I fully expect to never receive the ticket. I messaged again yesterday at around 5pm MT asking when it would be in the mail and they said today since it's their day off. They've been active on Reddit but haven't responded since and I don't think they will.

Sigh.

Since it's debit, Cash App has no recourse apart from requesting a refund, and my bank can't do anything either. I'm mostly pissed at myself for letting my desire for a hard ticket stub to the 9/18 show cloud my otherwise sound judgement. Idiot.
    That’s extremely shitty. Hopefully they’re being genuine and just being held up for whatever reason, who knows, but still.

That being said, if you had to get the two together, only need one, AND manage to actually receive both, I’d probably be willing to throw $20 your way just for the other one. ;D I’m sure someday I’ll stumble across one, but it’s crazy that 9/19 tickets appear left and right but no one seems to wanna part with a 9/18. Probably has to do with Spoiler: TPD being played for the first time, or maybe it’s just by chance. Someday I’ll manage to snag a 9/18! I’m pretty sure it’s the only stub I still need, maybe Chicago N1, too if I remember right.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    That’s extremely shitty. Hopefully they’re being genuine and just being held up for whatever reason, who knows, but still.

That being said, if you had to get the two together, only need one, AND manage to actually receive both, I’d probably be willing to throw $20 your way just for the other one. ;D I’m sure someday I’ll stumble across one, but it’s crazy that 9/19 tickets appear left and right but no one seems to wanna part with a 9/18. Probably has to do with Spoiler: TPD being played for the first time, or maybe it’s just by chance. Someday I’ll manage to snag a 9/18! I’m pretty sure it’s the only stub I still need, maybe Chicago N1, too if I remember right.
    I'll definitely let you know if I end up getting both stubs. Sigh. I'm so fucking pissed at myself for not stopping and thinking a minute. The fact Cash App is debit-only should've been enough for me to be like, "NAH SON" but no. FUCK.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I'll definitely let you know if I end up getting both stubs. Sigh. I'm so fucking pissed at myself for not stopping and thinking a minute. The fact Cash App is debit-only should've been enough for me to be like, "NAH SON" but no. FUCK.
    Bruuuh, that would be awesome! I’ve been paranoid about having the same issues as I’ve recently gotten into eBay shopping, though. eBay seems like they’re on top of their shit for the most part when it comes to handling auctions and transaction issues, but I’ve heard so many horror stories about deals going bad and people getting ripped off that I’m worried it’s just a matter of time for me. People can be scum lords sometimes. Always gonna be at least one person out there who wants to ruin the party for everyone.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Bruuuh, that would be awesome! I’ve been paranoid about having the same issues as I’ve recently gotten into eBay shopping, though. eBay seems like they’re on top of their shit for the most part when it comes to handling auctions and transaction issues, but I’ve heard so many horror stories about deals going bad and people getting ripped off that I’m worried it’s just a matter of time for me. People can be scum lords sometimes. Always gonna be at least one person out there who wants to ruin the party for everyone.
    So true, but for what it's worth, I've been using eBay since 2000 and have never had an issue like this that I recall. And if I did, payment was sent through PayPal so I was covered entirely. That's the beauty of PayPal (really, the only good thing about it)...if you get scammed, they'll refund you pretty much no questions asked. Of course, that also sets sellers up for being ripped off by unscrupulous buyers but if you just don't do what I did and stop and think, research the item, listing, and seller a bit before handing over your money, you should be fine. Avoid brand new sellers/sellers with very few feedback ratings and you shouldn't encounter any issues.

Back to Reddit for a second: I sold my Schiit Fulla 2 DAC/amp and HIFIMAN HE-400i headphones to a single buyer on Reddit a few weeks back and it couldn't have gone smoother. Buyer paid immediately through PayPal and communicated upon delivery that everything worked and sounded awesome. I think that also lulled me a bit with that Newbix_ twat.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So my landlord finally get the internet sorted after it being out a month, and what happens next...i have a rat!

Now my rooms a small studio, and i can hear the damn thing behind the non movable kitchenette every few days (i have 3 anti pest plugs so i have a feeling they are keeping it from coming out from behind that...it definitely hasn't been chewing through my things or into my food, i checked all those this weekend) and since i logged it with the letting agency last Thursday who have contacted the landlord i have had...nothing. The silence if deafening!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Postmates.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    At least you don't have to deal with this: https://np.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/...n_our_kitchen/
    Oh man! that's fucked up! I'm glad they are not that kind of couple!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That's crazy, I would move out.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    My grown-ass boss is a tall white dude with giant dreads. They frequently snap off, at work or wherever he happens to be. He pulled a 6-inch chunk of his broken dread out of his pocket this morning and goes “Oh dude, this snapped off the other day and I just can’t bring myself to get rid of it.”

Your ass has just been either A) carrying around a broken dread in the same pair of pants for three days straight, or B) CHANGING PANTS every day and CHOOSING to grab your dread and carry it around in your pocket with you? Like at work? What, for luck, like some kind of smelly-ass rabbit’s foot? It isn’t enough that we just have to deal with finding chunks of your hair at work? You don’t have any concern that you might leave one in someone’s apartment? Do you not know how fucking gross that is if someone comes home and just finds a chunk of YOUR hair on the floor?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    My grown-ass boss is a tall white dude with giant dreads. They frequently snap off, at work or wherever he happens to be. He pulled a 6-inch chunk of his broken dread out of his pocket this morning and goes “Oh dude, this snapped off the other day and I just can’t bring myself to get rid of it.”

Your ass has just been either A) carrying around a broken dread in the same pair of pants for three days straight, or B) CHANGING PANTS every day and CHOOSING to grab your dread and carry it around in your pocket with you? Like at work? What, for luck, like some kind of smelly-ass rabbit’s foot? It isn’t enough that we just have to deal with finding chunks of your hair at work? You don’t have any concern that you might leave one in someone’s apartment? Do you not know how fucking gross that is if someone comes home and just finds a chunk of YOUR hair on the floor?
    HAHAHAHA does he reek of patchouli, too?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Ugh, that's gross!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I swear to god, diced tomatoes with green chilies used to come in 15 oz cans. Now all I can find are 10oz cans. Doesn't help when the recipe calls for 45 ounces.

What's worse is that now I can't tell if I'm just losing my damn mind and I've been making the recipe wrong this whole time, but I swear to god, those cans used to be 15 ounces. It's driving me absolutely insane.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I swear to god, diced tomatoes with green chilies used to come in 15 oz cans. Now all I can find are 10oz cans. Doesn't help when the recipe calls for 45 ounces.

What's worse is that now I can't tell if I'm just losing my damn mind and I've been making the recipe wrong this whole time, but I swear to god, those cans used to be 15 ounces. It's driving me absolutely insane.
    You're not crazy. Not about this, anyways. Seriously though, packaged portion sizes having been shrinking and food prices have either stayed the same or increased. There is a super long list of factors involved as to why, a lot of them related to rate of consumption vs economic sustainability, most of which is basically just a bullshit excuse to get more money from your wallet.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Ro-Tel brand used to come in 15-oz cans. Some stores still sell the larger Ro-Tel 28-oz cans. Del Monte and other brands sell 14.5-oz cans. I use Del Monte’s to make slow cooker Sante Fe chicken.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Not necessarily something that pissed me off, but -

Jump back 3-4 months, and I’m high as shit playing Xbox in my apartment when there’s a knock on my door at like 11 o’clock at night. It was my crazy-cute neighbor from a couple of apartments down, coming to my door to let me know I’d left my headlights on. I was caught off guard and mildly inebriated, expecting it to either be a family member dropping by or pretty much any of my other neighbors. I was like “oh shit, thanks! I’ll get that in a sec. You saved me from having to get a jump for sure,” she just smiled and said “no problem” and went back to her apartment, and that was that.

Jump back to tonight, around 3 am, and I woke up for some reason. Took the dog out for a walk, and couldn’t help but notice that HER headlights were left on. I walked around a bit, not wanting to bother anyone at 3 am, but after about 20 minutes we came back and they were still on. Lights were all on in her apartment through the window, so I thought...what the hell? I’ll give it a little knock, and if no one answers then no big deal. Not trying to bother anyone or wake anybody up. So I’m nervous as hell, anxious about how it’s gonna look, standing there in the dark, when the patio light comes on, aaand...another guy opens her door. He was cool and said thanks and have a good night n shit, but...blah. I was kinda hoping I’d speak with her. Not that I have any reason to think anything would happen by any means, and I’m not about to be presumptuous for a number of reasons. I’m just not great when it comes to things like that and wanted to say something like “hey, this, and also sorry for being a stoned a-hole last time when you helped me. I’m Branson, by the way, have a good night.” I dunno, have a funny way of returning the favor, right?

Glad her headlights got shut off, but bleh. The guy answering just killed the vibe for me, hah. I shouldn’t give a damn, and I really don’t after it’s all said and done, but for a second there it seemed like it was a good idea. Bummer. Oh well! Back to bed I s’pose.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    No water in my house since yesterday, happened once before but back then it was really cold, don't know what's wrong now, things inside drilled well (my own) look OK, power is OK... and of course I had washing machine running at the time, so what else than put wet things out and let them dry. Nearest mall is 2 km away and I have no money anyway right now (payment should come tomorrow I hope), so yesterday and today I just walked 3 km, 300 meters climb to a well in the forest, good thing that I walk around the forests here often so I know it's there (picture). On wet (it is raining) footpaths destroyed by rampant tree harvesting which is going on just everywhere in this country like there is no tommorrow. And this place was empty and quiet when I bought the property and now it's just a building site with noise all the time and people walking below and staring into windows. And I'm constantly out of money and house will really be mine in 2036. And I'm fucking alone for everything and sometimes, like now, I'm just thinking about giving up, sell everything, quit job, and go disappear with some money to enjoy few nice days and then kill myself. I quit drinking almost 3 years ago, and what do I have now. I wanted to record some music, but for whom, nobody listens to music anymore. What I got from the things I wrote or recorded before? And the one woman I love so much is right now on holiday... with her husband. ;-) Haha... just kill me already.

(edit: yeah self-pity is silly, this will pass)
    Last edited by Substance242; 12-09-2018 at 05:34 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Ro-Tel brand used to come in 15-oz cans. Some stores still sell the larger Ro-Tel 28-oz cans. Del Monte and other brands sell 14.5-oz cans. I use Del Monte’s to make slow cooker Sante Fe chicken.
    I don't think there's a single store here that sells Del Monte. All I can find are Rotel, store brand (which I swear to christ were also 14.5), and sometimes Hunts. I think I've seen the 28s at one store, but that still doesn't help for a recipe that calls for 45oz. It gets me closer (pair it with two 10s, I guess). But I'm a stickler for using the right numbers when it comes to the kitchen, even when I'm not baking (which is when numbers really do need to be spot-on).

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    45 Oz ... that’s a whole lotta tomatoes

My cupboard currently has a bunch of cans of diced Contadina tomatoes, 14.5 ounces (must’ve been on sale). Jewel (Safeway) and Mariano’s (Kroger) stores here in Chicagoland sell that brand.

I hate it when recipes call for 2 Tb of tomato paste. I used to use a portion of a small can of it and throw out the rest until I found tubes of tomato paste.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-09-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Hmm, maybe this is a Berenstein Bears type of situation?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Hmm, maybe this is a Berenstein Bears type of situation?
    I keep wondering if it's the Mandella Effect at play. But I feel like my recipes would've been coming out like shit if one of five ingredients had been completely wrong. And it's also something that I've been doing actively for the last couple years, so it's not like "I swear, 20 years ago, this was different". I literally just made it a couple weeks ago too, using cans I still had in my cupboards from the last time I stocked up. If only I hadn't recycled them already, I could've dug through to check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    45 Oz ... that’s a whole lotta tomatoes

My cupboard currently has a bunch of cans of diced Contadina tomatoes, 14.5 ounces (must’ve been on sale). Jewel (Safeway) and Mariano’s (Kroger) stores here in Chicagoland sell that brand.

I hate it when recipes call for 2 Tb of tomato paste. I used to use a portion of a small can of it and throw out the rest until I found tubes of tomato paste.
    All the diced tomatoes except the ones with chilies are still 14.5oz here. It's only the ones with the chilies that are smaller.

And I just did a 2Tbsp tomato paste recipe today. I did the same thing - at 39 cents a can, I'm using what I need and chucking the rest. Gotta look for those tubes!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @theimage13 i feel like trader joes has fire roasted tomatoes with chiles in a 14.5oz can, but i don't know if there are any around you.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

You're def not losing your mind. Those are my fav.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Gettin’ really tired of the ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ “controversy.” Mainly because if you’re like me and couldn’t have a more indifferent feeling toward the song, that gets perceived as seething and misguided hatred somehow?

”WHAT? SCROOGE! YOU HATE CHRISTMAS. YOU JUST DON’T UNDERSTAND. YOU MUST THINK IT’S ABOUT RAPE CULTURE. HERE, READ THIS NINE-PARAGRAPH TUMBLR POST EXPLAINING THE HIGHLY-COMPLEX LYRICS LINE BY LINE. GUYS IT WAS WRITTEN BY AN ENGLISH PROFESSOR. HERE, LOOK AT THIS OTHER POST WITH TEN VIDEOS OF PERFORMANCES OF THE SONG. WATCH THEM ALL. DO IT. WATCH THEM ALL. ALL HAIL ‘BABY IT’S COLD OUTSIDE.’ ALL HAIL!!!”

Is it at all possible, just maybe...that I just don’t have a strong feeling one way or another about...one particular Christmas song? Is that so unacceptable? I can’t just “like” a good majority of them and not care for others, I have to ABSOLUTELY LOVE or ABSOLUTELY HATE them all? :/

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm already getting tired of christmas songs...but then i hate them all...and christmas in general ( i have to have 2 weeks off due to office shut down and i spend a few days with my pretty racist family and then spend the rest of the time alone as everyone else i know are enjoying their family's company...it can get pretty isolating/depressing) I'd honestly rather be working.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Ring Pro video doorbell. This is day 33 and up until yesterday, problems were frustrating but minimal. It often loses connection the Chime Pro for whatever reason and then needs to be reconnected by resetting the doorbell because WiFi is such a new technology that you can't just drop a connection and pick it back up yet. Hopefully in the next decade or two. Anyway, because of the placement of the doorbell wires, there's maybe 1/2" space between the side of the Ring and the brick column it's next to, so I have to take off the faceplate and then use a really small Allen wrench to trip the reset button. It's extremely annoying and these issues requiring a rest only seem to happen after dark.

Last night, something really weird happened: the Ring just shut off and couldn't be turned back on no matter what. After some searching, someone on Youtube had the same issue and ultimately, you have to remove the faceplate, remove the doorbell from wherever it's attached, and then unscrew either of the wires and reattach it. I did this (after turning off what I thought was the fuse for the entire front of the house but apparently doesn't include the doorbell) and the stupidly tiny security screw that keeps the faceplate locked on fell into the mulch next to the front door of course, but the Ring did reconnect immediately.

It's bad enough that the night vision camera is completely worthless--it doesn't even pick me up when I'm standing directly in front of it less than 3 feet away, moving frantically--but now I have to worry about it not only dropping connection to the network because WiFi is so tricky and unreliable but it also deciding at any time that more than enough electrical current is suddenly not enough to power it any longer? What a piece of shit.

I would not recommend a Ring doorbell of any variety to anyone for any reason.