Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    @Haysey I would see a different doctor.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    @Haysey I would see a different doctor.
    Yeah...unfortunately this is the 3rd one i've seen (the one i saw before who actually made an effort left) but you are right, i might just move surgery's, i can't live with feeling like i'm going to be sick/faint for 17 weeks.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Youtube blocking the ability to rip/download HD versions of videos. Tried several plugins that were working before as well as Jdownloader... to no avail. I guess it's just a matter of time before JD dev team crack this one again, but dammit it's annoying.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Not serious enough for "fucked day" but...

I've practically moved to Cincinnati for my girlfriend's residency at Cincy Children's last week but have to wrap things up with my current job. I'm starting a new job on July 22nd so I was planning on putting in my two week notice today so that I could wrap up on July 17th, thus giving me time to drive the 2% of my things left here in Memphis up to Cincy and then head home to St. Louis to be with friends and family for my birthday. I got back from vacation Monday and saw an email invite for a 1:1 coaching session with my exec leader at 3pm and thought "Great, I'll give it to him then."

He calls at 3 and I already have my notice typed up and signed with emails ready to go to him and HR when after exchanging pleasantries... he asks if we can reschedule because the previous manager he had a session with before mine went over their time and then had him working on something for them that "couldn't wait."

So, I now have to wait over 40 hours (because we're closed tomorrow) to give this notice at 9am on Friday. UGH. I'm still asking for the 17th since he delayed this. Super annoying.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    When your condo tower strata decides that hell, it's been 10yrs...time for a complete building repair and paint job. So now the $4000 I had set aside for Hawaii and a full back piece tattoo is now sitting at about $350! Awesome!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

I pointed out - politely - that the people in the big city most likely lived in small apartments and walk / take public transit everywhere, while people in that rural area have entire houses for just a couple people and will drive their gas-guzzling pickup around by themselves to go 15 miles to the store, meaning the city dwellers quite possibly have a much lower carbon footprint. And that I've never seen anyone in a big city with a brush pile burning for days on end.

He unfriended me.

Oh well.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I was supposed to be leaving Denver at 4:30 to LAX this afternoon with my buddy for the potentially-last-ever show by The Ghost Inside tomorrow night and got a text from SWA that our flight was canceled. I confirmed online and was able to get onto the 7:45pm flight but couldn't get hold of him and of course the flight filled up. He did the AirBNB reservation and has the info so he's kind of critical to this trip. I called Southwest and they confirmed the 4:30 flight which is currently en route from DEN to Milwaukee and then was supposed to fly back from MKE to DEN before heading to LAX is in fact canceled and she said it was due to "weather issues."

Milwaukee: 78 F currently, high of 85 F with 0% chance of rain
    Denver: 89 F currently, high of 94 F, 20% chance of rain
    LA: 75 F currently, high of 84 F, 0% chance of rain

Yeah, I guess all this perfect weather is just too much for the pilots to handle. What the FUCK?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Bought a new TV last night. Woke up to a cancellation notice. Thanks, Best Buy.

I know sites aren't legally obligated to honor a price if they fuck it up on their site, but they should anyway when they've got that much money. Oh well. Guess customer service is lost on some people.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Having worked in the electronics area of a big box store, not Best Buy but a competitor, my advice is to NEVER trust the online stock if it says Pick Me Up Today! Call the store, make the kid walk back to where they keep the shit, visually verify that it is there for you. Electronics, especially tvs, are perpetually short stocked from the manufacturers. You'll get two, maybe three shipments of general stock tvs from spring into early summer, and that's it. Everything else will be held in reserve until the holiday months which is pure shit and a stock nightmare.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It was like 103 degrees today, gonna be about the same tomorrow, and people just want to STAND OUTSIDE IN THE SUN AND SHOOT THE SHIT LIKE WE AIN’T UNDER HEAT ADVISORY. Nah, I’m cool sweating bullets while I listen to you tell me what you think about the new Top Gun trailer. Riveting. That’s totally what I came here for, thank you.

Fuckin’...if we have to stand and make small talk and banter can we please at least not do it with the afternoon sun over our heads? Go under some shade? Anything?? Why are we doing this?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Having worked in the electronics area of a big box store, not Best Buy but a competitor, my advice is to NEVER trust the online stock if it says Pick Me Up Today! Call the store, make the kid walk back to where they keep the shit, visually verify that it is there for you. Electronics, especially tvs, are perpetually short stocked from the manufacturers. You'll get two, maybe three shipments of general stock tvs from spring into early summer, and that's it. Everything else will be held in reserve until the holiday months which is pure shit and a stock nightmare.
    I didn't do pickup though; I did delivery. Because I knew pickup would be bad for EXACTLY that reason. But even then, people who ordered these for pickup were being turned away even though the set was in stock. Had nothing to do with availability. They wholesale canceled EVERY order for that SKU.

Whatever, joke's on them. Gonna have a lot of purchases coming up for home theater gear and appliances, and now they are 100% off the list for all of it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Well what started as a little leak in my ceiling on Monday resulted in coming home Thursday to a massive crack in my ceiling and my floor/rug soaked...luckily i had let the tenant agency know as soon as i saw it Monday so my landlord was actually there when it happened and fixed the leak/tried to save my rug. Now i just have to wait for him to repair the ceiling (who knows when that might be), but i'm just happy it just landed on my rug, 3 months ago that area was my desk

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Well what started as a little leak in my ceiling on Monday resulted in coming home Thursday to a massive crack in my ceiling and my floor/rug soaked...luckily i had let the tenant agency know as soon as i saw it Monday so my landlord was actually there when it happened and fixed the leak/tried to save my rug. Now i just have to wait for him to repair the ceiling (who knows when that might be), but i'm just happy it just landed on my rug, 3 months ago that area was my desk
    Also luckily you're renting. Don't want to think about what that would cost if it was your responsibility! Hope the weather isn't too bad while you're waiting.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Also luckily you're renting. Don't want to think about what that would cost if it was your responsibility! Hope the weather isn't too bad while you're waiting.
    Yeah i am super lucky. No idea when it'll be fixed so i have had to just use duct tape to stop it getting worse for now. Also the leak was from a pipe in the flat above which has been fixed, so no need to worry about the weather...though it is VERY WARM!

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I found myself taunting and mocking a fox-watching Trump supporter online who wasnít even talking about politics... what the fuck is wrong with me. So what if someone loves Laura Ingaham and Tucker Carlson and their avatar is an American flag... Iím letting the news Iím reading affect me too much

I honestly think it's ALL affecting me too much. Suddenly, it fills me with a rage, like "fuck you I wanna FIGHT" when I talk to Trump supporters... it wasn't like this with Bush Jr. This isn't just relegated to online discourse, I've almost gotten into literal fist fights with people. It's too much. I'm really not a violent person. I can't imagine where I'd be if I didn't live in some place that's 99% liberal. I'm sure I'd be dead at this point.
    dude. ha. What you do is, you pretty much don't leave the house. I went to the pharmacy the other day. This guy had on, like, an NRA vest, and a gun on his waist. But he was walking with a cane. So me, ever the altruist, with my long hair and piercings and such, I tried to hold the door open for him. He looked at me like, just fucking FURIOUS, and growled some hateful shit at me in response.
    From there, I went to the post office, where I encountered ANOTHER dude with a gun on his belt. This second guy is an old family friend, but, goddamn.
    This is in a town of 2000. Two people, in ten minutes, exercising their open carry rights, in a town of 2000, where there is like, absolutely NO need to pack heat.
    And remember, a few years ago, that guy wanted to fight me for wearing a black and white American flag shirt.
    So, yeah, you mostly chill at the house.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    When racist people try to publicly chastise you in the most passive aggressive way possible.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Just about everything today. I'm thinking I need to stop drinking coffee again. Like I literally just want to hulk smash at this point. Hopefully work goes well.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    When i post my sketches on social and get nothing but people begging for me to check out their youtube channels/if they can use it in their videos, please STOP!

I just got a large comment that was 6 words about my drawing and then 30+ more about their channel and how much they need me to help support them...NO! Please don't go around begging for views, it makes me not want to check your stuff out, let that shit grow organically! Also please give me some constructive criticism, i'm not going to grow and learn with just "hey that's awesome please check out my channel"

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    The god damned sucking fucking stupid ass god damned Jehovahs Witness convention that's happening at the Americas center next door to my work in saint louis making me mother fucking late again for no god damned reason when these motherfuckers were just here plaguing our streets and my mental health 2 weeks ago.

How many fucking conventions do these people need? There's no islam conventions downtown, no catholic conventions, no Baptist conventions, no atheist conventions, no church of satan conventions.

I JUST WANT TO BE AT WORK ON TIME WHAT THE FUCK

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    That's because all those other religions are lightweights. Jay Dubs are fucking hardcore. They have state conventions every year, and smaller regional conventions twice a year.

Tony, have you ever considered that this is a sign from above? That maybe you are meant to join ranks with these fine, upstanding people? THINK ABOUT IT.