Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Daylight savings time is trash.

Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Daylight savings time is trash.
    it's horrible with cats. i can only imagine how much worse it'll be with a kid.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    it's horrible with cats. i can only imagine how much worse it'll be with a kid.
    430 for the last two days despite a later bed time.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    So I've been trying to get a painting of my wife done for three years now. The first person I asked to do it said yes and so I sent him the photo that I was looking at for the painting. I had radio silence from him for months and it wasn't until I talked to his wife - a coworker at my previous job - that I found out that they were separated and probably that he wasn't working on it because they were also working on the divorce. Nothing saying "I'm not doing it", just nothing. Thought it was a good thing I didn't pay him for nothing. That was two Christmas's ago.

Then my mother-in-law says "oh well my husbands son is a painter, he can do it" so I asked and he said sure. I sent him the same photo and I got a weird request - "Can I have more pictures of her face?" - and I'm like it's one face, from when she was 14 or so, and my MIL would have those things. Silence and more silence. That was last Christmas, also I had to tell me wife "no seriously I've got a great gift it's just other people who are the problem" and that was led balloons.

This spring COVID happened and I was like whatever, dude has more time to work on it right? Lots of texts no responses, but when MIL texts dudes girlfriend he responds to her. Anyway, "he's working on it" and that was good for me. Fast forward to yesterday and I was anxious because he was still ghosting my texts so I again enlist the MIL. "I did slap him tonight! I told him to tell you guys if hes not going to do it then tell them and dont leave them hanging! He said he wasn't going to do it. So I said okay then tell them." and that's from the girlfriend by way of MIL.

Mother fucker.

At least I have a backup plan, which I think I can pull together by Christmas. But I still want to do the first one. I just need to find a non work or family friend, someone who will do it because I'm paying them not because they have a pseudo obligation to me.

Gah. And both of them quoted $150 for it and I was going to pay $300 because $150 is way too low for something like this, are they crazy, so la-dee-dah for them.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    @allegate I have an excellent art teacher that is fabulous at portraits: https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/ismael-checo I don't know how much he charges privately, so I don't want to promise anything - but he would have it done in a flash.
    Last edited by ickyvicky; 11-07-2020 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    thanks, I'll check it out!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Ticks. The devilish little parasites. We had significant snowfall day before Halloween, set all sorts of records for early snowfall. And cold frozen weather. Ticks are supposed to go away until spring after snow and sub freezing weather.

But 2020 strikes again. Weather was glorious and warm today, so we went for a walk in the woods, and ended up with a scary number of ticks. Dog too of course! So here I am gulping down doxycycline and hoping I don't end up with another tick disease. Two was enough for my lifetime.

I think little dog gets a fresh dose of Advantix tonight.

Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Not pissed off, but sad.

My little baby boy Vernon. He’s a 7 month old miniature schnauzer. I love him. I would die for him. He’s my sweet baby boy from heaven above and he does no wrong.

We got him his first haircut today. It went well, he looks like a dapper young man with his fresh new haircut. Groomer said he did well, he just screamed the whole time. It’s a schnauzer thing.

We get him home, he’s fine and happy. He starts squinting in one eye, and it’s watering. We keep an eye on it, maybe a little hair got in his eye and irritated it. 2 hours later my boy is not doing great, won’t open it - when you force it open it’s super dilated. I make the call at 6:15pm to take my sweet boy to the emergency vet because eyes are super important.

Covid sucks. Covid causes delays. Covid makes everything slow. Covid makes everything harder for everyone.

SIX HOURS OF WAITING IN THE VET PARKING LOT LATER

My baby boy had an ulcer on his cornea on the top 1/3rd of his eye. We think maybe he got some soap in his eye at the groomer and he scratched it. He’s gonna be 100% fine but he’s laying in my lap with a cone of shame on shaking because his poor eye hurts so bad.

We’ve got antibiotics and pain meds but I love him so much and I hate to see him like this. This has legitimately been the most traumatic and worst day of his entire life.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That sucks, Tony. Give him extra pets and treats.

Mentioned
    271 Post(s)

A post shared by on

he was so cute. Now hes a disaster wearing a cone of shame.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 11-09-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    I told a friend of mine on Facebook that the new Marilyn Manson album is surprisingly good.
    Now, Facebook is constantly trying to sell me bootleg Marilyn Manson shirts and fanny packs and shit.

In some shitty, melodramatic voice, I can hear Brian Warner saying "See my children, you all shall come home to roost upon my teats, as the bloody womb of crucificition pummels you to death, I will rescue you, with vengeance!" or some shit.. So annoyed that I like this album.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I told a friend of mine on Facebook that the new Marilyn Manson album is surprisingly good.
    Now, Facebook is constantly trying to sell me bootleg Marilyn Manson shirts and fanny packs and shit.

In some shitty, melodramatic voice, I can hear Brian Warner saying "See my children, you all shall come home to roost upon my teats, as the bloody womb of crucificition pummels you to death, I will rescue you, with vengeance!" or some shit.. So annoyed that I like this album.
    Frankly, I've been refusing to listen for the same reason. Don't need that stank around me rn.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This, this pisses me off. Bus stops are not parking spaces or loading bays. GTFO. Missed my bus home. Driver tried to give me fucking flowers, I nearly shoved them somewhere unpleasant.20201109_164717.jpg

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    That stinks

Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    these conservatives in general losing their shit cuz Harry Styles put a dress on. GO FUCK YOURSELF. Do these stupid motherfuckers even know anything about pop/rock music? I'd like to hear Ben Shapiro weigh in on Bowie and... y'know what, I don't actually, let me stop myself right there. I don't want to listen to him or Candace fucking Owens talk about anything anymore.

Sorry that the wave of intolerant bullshit that you dorks rode in on is crashing, but find a better exit strategy before all you bigoted pieces of shit get flushed out of our lives, and we can all, collectively as a society, get back to working on bettering things for marginalized people.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    There was a new CEO added to our company. So far he's been ok, reasonable to work with.
    This afternoon my co-worker said he was complaining about his mask in front of the new CEO who replied, "Yah, I can't wait until De Santis (FL governor) gets rid of that mandate."

So now that confirms that the new CEO is a Drumper.

Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    There was a new CEO added to our company. So far he's been ok, reasonable to work with.
    This afternoon my co-worker said he was complaining about his mask in front of the new CEO who replied, "Yah, I can't wait until De Santis (FL governor) gets rid of that mandate."

So now that confirms that the new CEO is a Drumper.
    gross

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    these conservatives in general losing their shit cuz Harry Styles put a dress on. GO FUCK YOURSELF. Do these stupid motherfuckers even know anything about pop/rock music? I'd like to hear Ben Shapiro weigh in on Bowie and... y'know what, I don't actually, let me stop myself right there. I don't want to listen to him or Candace fucking Owens talk about anything anymore.

Sorry that the wave of intolerant bullshit that you dorks rode in on is crashing, but find a better exit strategy before all you bigoted pieces of shit get flushed out of our lives, and we can all, collectively as a society, get back to working on bettering things for marginalized people.
    Harry's wardrobe selection is somewhat cute. I am a strictly cisgender male but have no problem accepting sincere expression of style. And he comes across as really owning that look. So what's the big deal?

Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    these conservatives in general losing their shit cuz Harry Styles put a dress on
    What's Jesus wearing, here? Pants? Cargo shorts? A hoody and jeans?

How about ALL THESE GUYS? Those certainly aren't pants.

What's Joan of Arc wearing, here?

FUN WITH GENDER SHIT!
    Last edited by allegro; 11-22-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    honest, I haven't even seen the picture of Harry Styles that is apparently freaking out conservatives. It better be the edgiest shit ever or I'm gonna be disappointed.

Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    honest, I haven't even seen the picture of Harry Styles that is apparently freaking out conservatives. It better be the edgiest shit ever or I'm gonna be disappointed.
    He is NEVER gonna look as FABULOUS as Billy Porter

That Christian Siriano tuxedo gown, OMG, fantastic.

https://variety.com/2020/film/spotli...rs-1203495995/

https://www.popsugar.com/fashion/bil...-2020-47195253
    Last edited by allegro; 11-22-2020 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    there's a good question there... why didn't the conservatives have a meltdown there? Hmmmmm.... what was the difference...

There's a few differences, they're all relevant, and it's people like Ben Shapiro had nothing to say about it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    A week ago, my friend bought a wax cylinder phonograph. Sunday, his mother passed. I purchased a wax cylinder as a gift. It arrived today. Fucking moron shipped it in a goddamned used tissue box. 100 year old wax cylinder. Used tissue box.

The song, for those interested. http://cylinders.library.ucsb.edu/de...03776&r=1&of=2