Page 195 of 213 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,850 of 6369

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    When it snows on my days off. Such as Christmas Eve and today. "omg a white Christmas!"

Oh yaaay! So excited to shovel sidewalks without help for 5 hours and further fuck up my back and shoulders!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    One of my uncles (non-blood) is a dick to me at times. Like it makes me not want to be around him. Sucks to have a dick relative.... I “get to” spend time with him one more time this holiday season for a get together at my grandparents’

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    "Numb chucks."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Assholes pulling a fire alarm at 1:45AM in -40C weather...

Just fuck you.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/feliciaday/statu...43027755089920

I like Felicia Day but I really hate it when people pull the "As a _____" card.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    https://twitter.com/feliciaday/statu...43027755089920

I like Felicia Day but I really hate it when people pull the "As a _____" card.
    I mean, I agree with her. Youtube has a big storm comin' as far as its lack of shit accounting for child labor practices. Also, didn't know she was a parent and was like "oh, good for her for keeping her kid out of the public eye." But, then I looked at her twitter and unfortunately not so much. Ugh.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Busy work can suck it.

I have plenty to do as it is and no, I’m not amused when someone who has no idea what actually goes on comes along and decrees something completely useless and wasteful be done instead and in a timely fashion no less.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Facebook comment eavesdroppers, more so when it's family.

Does anyone have relatives that butt in to things that do not concern them?

No thanks to that stupid ticker thing that fucking shows what everyone does in real time. Urgh.....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've had problems in the past with my back and my knees. I had to see a physiotherapist last year. That's why I would never want to get pregnant.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    9 apartments have flooded in three days. The average temperature for the last week or two has also been between -10 and 20 degrees Fahrenheit. So dealing with all of them after hours and in the middle of doing other things is really fun and exciting.

Especially when your supervisor has left property to go do personal errands. Again. Because he's a fucking irresponsible excuse of an adult. Glad you got your money from your dad, couldn't do that on your own time or he couldn't have brought it to you. Jesus.

Last night, 6 apartments flooded and one apartment had a fire. And the entire parking lot was frozen. I've never been so drenched and cold in my life as I was trying to shut the water off right near the break in the line. And today more pipes burst and froze up. Like, FUCK me.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 01-03-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I've never been so drenched and cold in my life as I was trying to shit the water off right near the break in the line.
    i know this was a typo and your situation sucks, but i just wanted to highlight this hilarious mental image to try to cheer you up a bit.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    @ImTheWiseJanitor man I feel bad for you right now, this weather is nuts but bravo to all the people and workers cleaning up this mess. Two of our neighbors had plumbers out today, one has guys digging a GIANT HOLE in their frozen front yard and I don’t even wanna KNOW what that’s about. Our furnace has been working OT, we have all new windows, but we are still using ceramic electric space heaters to supplement.

How do FIRES start? Space heaters or stoves being used improperly?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Facebook comment eavesdroppers, more so when it's family.

Does anyone have relatives that butt in to things that do not concern them?

No thanks to that stupid ticker thing that fucking shows what everyone does in real time. Urgh.....
    I have an aunt who only responds (or communicates at all with me) when I mention anything about food to chime in with how I should be eating vegan alternatives. She's turned into one of those extreme activists that get arrested for pulling stunts kind of people in the last few years.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    @sick among the pure
    Yikes, yeah that would be grating on me. Who knew the borg weren't fiction? someone's always trying to convert another to something eh lol

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Dot, Dot, Dot ... Pussy Popping, Eating Chicken Wings w/ The Blue Cheese... Trap(?) Rap with doses of Little Wayne and a hefty side of Eminem. I swear to fucking god hearing these same fucking songs/Pandora playlists every day i work is driving me fucking crazy. There is moments where he changes it up and i could maybe ask to play other shit more often but still. Like i feel bad for the guy in a way. I go on benders and will listen to an album pretty much only for periods sure. I've certainly binged on artists etc, but literally the same songs for as long as i've been hearing these songs (9 months-ish) I'm honestly not sure I have. It's the near absence of any real variety that is working the worm hole into my brain. And when i do get the chance to play something it's all i can do to not bust out the most brash shit i can think of, regardless of how much i may actually enjoy it myself.

It's whatever mostly as I've learned to tune out most music over the years and when it's busy i don't really notice it much. However it's very much a real thing. /rant

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Fishing attempts.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    When my friends disappoint me. When they're not there for me when I need them the most.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I was going to say something. Then I realized it was the exact same thing I complained about before. I desperately need new friends.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Fishing attempts.
    Was it a phishing scam?

Mentioned
    398 Post(s)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Lol hey what did i do?!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    "I haven't had a good burger for a while. Let's get burgers." "Okay! That sounds great let me call my wife and see if she wants to come."

Oh, great, I'm glad you knew that's exactly what I wanted, to be third wheeled to my own lunch.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    People misusing the word Angst. I think a lot of people don't even know it has 3 meanings: anguish(which is what most use it for), anxiety and fear. It does not mean melodramatic, over emotionally cry me a river like topics. Angst is a human emotion and its part of what makes us human.

But, say i was having a panic attack over a phobia of something...that's also angst. I feel like people just use it because other people use it without context and it posses me off

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    There's this one woman at another forum who I know has me on her ignore list because she's jealous of the attention I get from the men over there. Whatever, bitch. Be like that.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    This is a broad brushing of a more nuanced situation, but, in trying to do right by everybody, do you ever find that it makes it harder to do right by anybody? This trip is bumming me out.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Actually I wasn't on her ignore list after all. My mistake. She liked one of my posts the other day.

But someone who was actually on my friends list was talking shit behind my back. So I un-friended him.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Whatever.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Lots of situations (here and elsewhere in life) lately have me thinking—With the quality technological advances we have in life these days, it’s so much easier to research and refine stances/opinions. Why is it then that so many goddamn people still cling to nonsensical and often just straight up bullshit opinions?

Is it laziness? Is admitting wrong a shame too strong?

There’s still plenty of grey in the black and white but really, there’s no fucking excuse for not having looked into what you believe/wrote/said when it’s a well documented and decided matter.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Little thing - when I for the life of me can't find the "best before" date on some food. "OK, on top... no, this side... no, this side... no, this side... no, maybe bottom... no... okay again top? no... (getting a bit anxious) this side... no, again bottom... no... focus, it's OK, this side... no, this side... no, top... WHERE THE FUCKING FUCK IS THE FUCKING DATE!!" :-D Not sure if this is standardized somehow in civilized countries :-), but here it's all over the place in random fonts, random date format, random everything.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Hell, I hate how some food have sell-by dates, some have best-by dates, and some use close-codes so you have to go on a search for them.

https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal...product-dating

What is Food Product Dating?
    Two types of product dating may be shown on a product label. "Open Dating" is a calendar date applied to a food product by the manufacturer or retailer. The calendar date provides consumers with information on the estimated period of time for which the product will be of best quality and to help the store determine how long to display the product for sale. “Closed Dating” is a code that consists of a series of letters and/or numbers applied by manufacturers to identify the date and time of production.
    I used to do this at my old job and it was the worst thing to keep track of.