Page 258 of 263 FirstFirst ... 158 208 248 256 257 258 259 260 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,740 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    When people write "sneak peak" instead of "sneak peek," especially on official websites.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I've had my IG account disabled 3 times in the last month for not adhering to community guidelines, except that I do. I don't really post anything, I don't comment on anything, and I seldom "like" posts.
    Every time I had to send them a selfie holding a piece of paper with a code written on it, which they sent me. Now this last time they said that they could not verify my identity based on my selfie and that I was banned permanently.
    Trying to appeal the decision just errors out and tells me that I am not able to perform that action and to try again at another time. On one hand, this is extremely annoying, but on the other I think it might be a sign and a way to be off social media permanently.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I've had my IG account disabled 3 times in the last month for not adhering to community guidelines, except that I do. I don't really post anything, I don't comment on anything, and I seldom "like" posts.
    Every time I had to send them a selfie holding a piece of paper with a code written on it, which they sent me. Now this last time they said that they could not verify my identity based on my selfie and that I was banned permanently.
    Trying to appeal the decision just errors out and tells me that I am not able to perform that action and to try again at another time. On one hand, this is extremely annoying, but on the other I think it might be a sign and a way to be off social media permanently.
    Had you been using 2FA? It sounds like your account may have been hacked?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Had you been using 2FA? It sounds like your account may have been hacked?
    No, I haven't. It's kind of a long story, but I haven't been on there since the start of the pandemic, yadda yadda yadda, here I am.
    But good call, getting hacked would explain it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I don't understand why Amazon has moved to the "Buy it Again" model for every single thing. The number of things I purchase on the site that I would buy again is close to zero. Maybe one thing I've bought more than once but that's more of a "the fucking Chinese shit broke, I gotta buy another one" watch band situation. It's either the Chinese shit for $15 or the official branded stuff for $40.

But then I just thought about the Boots Theory and maybe I should just buy the branded stuff to save money.

Anyway, I was bitching about the Buy it Again thing. It used to make sense and would only show on things you would actually conceivably buy again but now it's everything. No I'm not buying another copy of that limited edition Coraline Blu-ray, you bonehead.

secondary to that: The medical place I went to for the longest time when I first moved here closed down a few years ago unexpectedly and did not let anyone know where the records were sent. So I have several years worth of medical stuff that I need to reference suddenly and no idea where to look for it, or even if it was sent anywhere other than a shredder.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I don't understand why Amazon has moved to the "Buy it Again" model for every single thing. The number of things I purchase on the site that I would buy again is close to zero. Maybe one thing I've bought more than once but that's more of a "the fucking Chinese shit broke, I gotta buy another one" watch band situation. It's either the Chinese shit for $15 or the official branded stuff for $40.

But then I just thought about the Boots Theory and maybe I should just buy the branded stuff to save money.

Anyway, I was bitching about the Buy it Again thing. It used to make sense and would only show on things you would actually conceivably buy again but now it's everything. No I'm not buying another copy of that limited edition Coraline Blu-ray, you bonehead.

secondary to that: The medical place I went to for the longest time when I first moved here closed down a few years ago unexpectedly and did not let anyone know where the records were sent. So I have several years worth of medical stuff that I need to reference suddenly and no idea where to look for it, or even if it was sent anywhere other than a shredder.
    I just finished sending off paperwork to the disability insurance. I haven't been well & was dragging my feet. I'd heard snow was coming this week (true, started today) so made sure i got it faxed yesterday. confirmed they got it & the doctor report. totaly cost $167. $150 for doctor since insurance doesn't cover & $17 to fax. it's all just brutal. luckily i don't have to get to any doctors this week which is pretty rare. lot next week but snow should be gone by then. seattle is ugly in the snow. now with high winds coming later today just have to hope the power & the cable tv stays on!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Anyone else despise commercials (whether it’s TV or radio) with little kids singing?

Nails —> chalkboard

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    Anyone else despise commercials (whether it’s TV or radio) with little kids singing?

Nails —> chalkboard
    Someone should do a death metal cover of 1-800-Kars4kids

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Someone should do a death metal cover of 1-800-Kars4kids
    Oh god, now it's stuck in my head...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    My dad is MARRYING this Danny Devito looking lady, who openly has some sort of big ass problem with me, as does her grown daughter.

My mom like NEVER got over the divorce, and still pines for him, over 20 years later.
    He swore he'd never marry again out of respect for her.

What's ALSO crazy is that my dad and this lady are claiming they've been together for twelve years or some shit...
    except, he's certainly spent several nights with my mom in the past decade, and referred to this lady as a "friend" until PRETTY fucking recently.
    He can do whatever he wants, and tell himself whatever stories he wants, I guess, although he IS breaking a solemn oath he made to my mother, and she is fuuuuuuuucked up over it.

They were together from like ages 11 and 13 to 45 and 48, or some crazy shit like that. My mom has always assumed he'd come home when they got older.
    I kinda did, too.

MY main PERSONAL issue, here, is that these people don't LIKE me. I REALLY wanna spend some time with my dad, who is a hard living biker and musician in his sixties, while he's still here, but from here on out, I guess I'll have to chill with this ugly, mean ass lady too.

I REALLY hope these people will accept me or whatever... I mean, fuck, the daughter will be my step sister now, right?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Oh god, now it's stuck in my head...
    Sorry for double post, but good GOD that Cars for Kids song makes me wanna shoot myself. :P
    Glad it isn't just me.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Sorry for double post, but good GOD that Cars for Kids song makes me wanna shoot myself. :P
    Glad it isn't just me.
    My personal version of hell is this playing on a loop in some IMAX theater while I'm forced to watch it for eternity with some kind of Clockwork Orange type device keeping my eyes open.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    My personal version of hell is this playing on a loop in some IMAX theater while I'm forced to watch it for eternity with some kind of Clockwork Orange type device keeping my eyes open.

We must have bought the VERY last new car that didn't have phone to USB for music, so we use Sirius XM, and JESUS.
    The version they used to play on news and sports stations, CONSTANTLY, was even worse: I swear to god.

If I were committing espionage and had been captured, and they piped the radio version into a solitary cell, I'd crack in about...oh, twenty minutes, give or take.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I didn't know where to put this, but it DOES piss me off:

Ok. What's been on the news?

We're gonna get trump! (For the 200th time).

Elon Musk said...something different than he said yesterday!

Trump!
    Twitter!
    Elon!
    Racism!
    Ukraine Strike!
    Trump!
    Giuliani!
    Elon!
    Cute dog!
    Economy good!
    Racism!
    Elon!

Except, if you look a LITTLE deeper...with assistance and permission from the US, Japan just became the third largest military in the world, in monetary terms, matching the US in per capita spending, after 70 years of forced pacifism.
    They're doing this as a response to fears of future North Korean and Chinese strikes, and to help insure allied control over the entire Indo-Pacific region.
    Now. Why in the FUCK is that not the number one top headline from EVERY trusted American news source?
    Or, like, with the economy, I mean, look at fucking Forbes and such. Wal-Mart, Target, and eight other big stores like that are planning to close a couple hundred stores, EACH. Why is no alarm being sounded on CNN?
    Electric companies are saying that roughly 25% of Americans will experience rolling blackouts this winter.
    I guess they CAN'T amplify that last one, considering people were fucking STABBING each other over toilet paper, of all things, when covid started.

It's never been so blatantly obvious to me that we are being drip-fed approved information.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-19-2022 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I buzzed a friend last night to see how she's been doing going into the holidays here. She has been having marriage issues since June. It seems I always check in at the wrong time. First it was being told about the issues, next was the failure of couples counselling, and then what she felt was failure going to someone by herself.

I just happened to message her less than an hour after the hubby decided he wanted a divorce... Girl was crushed last night, completely defeated. Extremely sad to say the least, but it's the right thing to do.

Still irks me, and I don't know if this qualifies as "little."

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    My local sheriff's dept charges $75/hour to accompany people to the house of abusers to retrieve belongings. So fucked up. The family of someone I work with was recently a victim of domestic violence, and they can't afford to pay that and have been unable to go get their stuff.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    My local sheriff's dept charges $75/hour to accompany people to the house of abusers to retrieve belongings. So fucked up. The family of someone I work with was recently a victim of domestic violence, and they can't afford to pay that and have been unable to go get their stuff.
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard all year.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    So, I've got a 7 month old who goes to daycare. Tonight, we got notified that some dumbass sent their kid to school today even though the kid was positive for COVID-19.

I was upset, but my wife was REALLY upset. She broke down and told me that she has a surprise party planned for Saturday since I turned 40 yesterday. People are coming from out of town. There are hotel reservations. There are non-refundable things paid for.

I have to stay in our guest room and not get close to my son or wife until after the party (which I wasn't supposed to know about), all because some asshole doesn't care about tiny, unable to be fully vaxed babies. My son just got his first flu shot and our pediatrician didn't want to do the covid vaccine until later this month to give him space between the shots. So frustrating!

Oh, and the mom of the sick kid WORKS AT THE DAYCARE. ARGH!!!!

And more importantly, I have to worry about my baby getting sick when we take good precautions as a family.
    Last edited by Fifey; 01-04-2023 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    So, I've got a 7 month old who goes to daycare. Tonight, we got notified that some dumbass sent their kid to school today even though the kid was positive for COVID-19.

I was upset, but my wife was REALLY upset. She broke down and told me that she has a surprise party planned for Saturday since I turned 40 yesterday. People are coming from out of town. There are hotel reservations. There are non-refundable things paid for.

I have to stay in our guest room and not get close to my son or wife until after the party (which I wasn't supposed to know about), all because some asshole doesn't care about tiny, unable to be fully vaxed babies. My son just got his first flu shot and our pediatrician didn't want to do the covid vaccine until later this month to give him space between the shots. So frustrating!

Oh, and the mom of the sick kid WORKS AT THE DAYCARE. ARGH!!!!

And more importantly, I have to worry about my baby getting sick when we take good precautions as a family.
    Hang in there. Prayers up for you & your family.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Ugh, that totally sucks @Fifey ! Have either of you tested positive?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Ugh, that totally sucks @Fifey ! Have either of you tested positive?
    We both took home tests last night and they were negative. But we need to retest Saturday morning. Kiddo doesn't have any symptoms today, and we're taking him for a rapid test at his pediatricians office this afternoon, but he'll need to be re-tested in a few days too, given last exposure.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Little kids getting sick. Just found out my buddy Nash (age 6) is going to have to do the same chemo that I'm on. Not for exactly the same thing but close enough. He was in the hospital for a month late summer & they thought he was cured. The problem came back so they're going to try & blast it into remission. It's a really nasty drug that I can barely handle. I can't fathom a 6 year old dealing with it. Of course I am helping out the family & glad to do it. He's going to be a very sick little boy for the next month though. Any prayers or good thoughts are appreciated. I've known Nash since he was a baby & am very worried.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @chuckrh He definitely has a great support system! Hugs to all you guys!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    @chuckrh He definitely has a great support system! Hugs to all you guys!
    thank you

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    My little dog was mauled and killed by a coyote last night. Little dog is blameless, she was just doing pee six feet from our back door. Coyote is blameless, it was just defending what it assumed was it's new territory. Life can be unfair which is why this event is just cataloged as little things that piss me off. But my heart is broken. And I just can't stop crying.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    That fucking annoying "Oh no no no no no" song that's in every funny video these days

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    My little dog was mauled and killed by a coyote last night. Little dog is blameless, she was just doing pee six feet from our back door. Coyote is blameless, it was just defending what it assumed was it's new territory. Life can be unfair which is why this event is just cataloged as little things that piss me off. But my heart is broken. And I just can't stop crying.
    Oh god... I always worry about this when I let my corgi go outside. He's my best friend. I'd understand, but I would destroy any creature that hurt him. I would fucking ruin anything that hurt him.

I am so sorry.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-26-2023 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    sorry for your loss

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    omg I'm so sorry @zero ! That's so terrible! :-(

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @zero that’s truly awful, I’m so sorry