Page 232 of 263 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,960 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Right, so i've been fully soical distancing since March (i've interacted with people a half dozen times) and it's going well. My work has been VERY good in all this, i have only been in one day but as my job can be fully done from home they have been very "well just keep doing what you are doing" which is great...on the flip side...

My sister has been living with my gran since my grandad died in Feb. She has growing dementia and is a real handful, but her work have been INSISTANT she comes in, even though she can fully work from home. The only time they relent is when the gov tell them we can't travel...or they did. In the last week she has shown signs of Covid (no energy, no taste or smell etc) but due to her area being a hotspot she can't get a test for love nor money. Despite knowing this her work are telling her she MUST COME IN AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK NOW...until she gets a test to say she has it they will consider it JUST A COLD...they are absolute fucking idiots! To make it worse, the reason they want her in? They need to her to be in charge of the stock of tea and coffee so the bosses don't run out...i'm not joking. I'm livid! THIS is why the rates are going up, people in power are absolutely ignoring soical distancing and forcing people out, it's an absolute fucking joke! All because they don't want to do their own stock take on fucking coffee!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That's super ridiculous

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just spent 44 minutes on the phone with directv (about 35 of those minutes on hold) to reset my dad's directv password (that he doesn't use, but i do to log into third party streaming apps like HBO & food network, etc.) because my best friend fucked it up and tried to log in too many times last week. ended up being able to use the same password, both people i talked to were super nice. but i also had to use the bathroom the whole time. woof.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    As an update, I got an email from them yesterday afternoon and it was just "we'd like to help you set up an account", ignoring the heinous crap I said. Which is fair? But I apologized because I'm not a total monster. I also fully explained all that I tried and how it wasn't working so I hope it's taken care of.

But I had also just called them yesterday morning and paid the bill and gave them my credit card so it can be paid automatically.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Something a little more personal then my last vent (i mean more about me then the horror my family have to deal with) i had the day off today so went to London to go to Forbidden Planet and get some pokemon cards (with a mask obviously) and i couldn't help noticing people were there with friends. Now this isn't a dig at that, they were all wearing masks and being smart, it just made me feel kinda...sad. Like when all of this is done (someday) and we all go back to normal...nothing will have changed for me, i'll still be on my own. All of my family/friends are either in new country's now or busy with there partners/extended families... it just kinda hit me for some reason while looking at comics and hearing people who clearly hadn't seen their friend for awhile catch up with things they love.

...not really a pissed off thing, just made me kinda depressed. But the new pokemond DLC is out so i'll just sink into that now.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Google, which at one time had fairly distinctive icons for its various apps, has updated them all to be shapes drawn in the five Google colors and now when I look at my tabs to find Maps vs Gmail vs Photos, it takes my brain just that much longer to figure out where the fuck the tab I'm looking for is. Worse though, they finally shut down Google Play Music for YouTube Music. I've known that one's been coming for a very long time but I'm still disappointed that it finally happened.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Google Music was awesome. I switched to Spotify in anticipation and I really can't stand it.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Google, which at one time had fairly distinctive icons for its various apps, has updated them all to be shapes drawn in the five Google colors and now when I look at my tabs to find Maps vs Gmail vs Photos, it takes my brain just that much longer to figure out where the fuck the tab I'm looking for is. Worse though, they finally shut down Google Play Music for YouTube Music. I've known that one's been coming for a very long time but I'm still disappointed that it finally happened.
    Imma piggyback off of this as a frustrated parent and say fuck Google Classroom.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sociopathic colleague (who I shouldn't be working with but covid fucked everything etc) has got on my tits all damn day. She retires soon and I am ecstatic. One more shift and I never have to see her again. I'm going to get balloons and a cake to celebrate.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So my mom tested positive for Coronavirus, today. She received the results while i was at the store in this idiotic, redneck town.

I went to the Dollar General (aka mini wal mart,) and the tiny grocery store here. I saw about fifty people.

I saw ONE person with a mask on, and that was me. I swear to god, i felt like taking it off and breathing on motherfuckers.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    We are finding dead or near-dead yellow jackets (wasps) all over the house. I just found a live one on the floor next to MY BED.

This means there’s a nest in the wall that was likely there all summer, and the cold temps is killing off the workers. Gotta call an exterminator tomorrow to find the nest and kill off the rest before my cats get stung or I step on one.

I was stung on the face by a wasp when I was a kid; flying stinging insects scare the shit out of me. Because getting stung HURTS.

This sucks.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    That reminds me of the time in the 1st or 2nd grade - because that's when we lived in that house - I was stung by a wasp while sleeping. Apparently it had gotten trapped under my pillow or something and when I rolled over and pushed my hand under the pillow for support it stung me on my palm.

On top of that my mom had a bee phobia so my childhood was spent being afraid of them. Now? I've been away from my mom for long enough that I no longer shriek and run but instead stand calmly and let them just fly away if I'm outside. Inside is different, don't need that bull flying around.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    First time I got stung was around 6 years old. My mom was hanging our clothes to dry on the clothesline after washing them. One of items of clothing was my Pjs. I put on my Pjs and felt this super terrible pain on my arm and immediately started crying. I took them off and a fuckin' bee flew out. To this day I continue to scream like a little girl whenever I see them.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

this mother fucker here...did he mean that or does he not know it's German?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    this mother fucker here...did he mean that or does he not know it's German?
    i don't know but he's a fucking asshole

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    We are finding dead or near-dead yellow jackets (wasps) all over the house. I just found a live one on the floor next to MY BED.

This means there’s a nest in the wall that was likely there all summer, and the cold temps is killing off the workers. Gotta call an exterminator tomorrow to find the nest and kill off the rest before my cats get stung or I step on one.

I was stung on the face by a wasp when I was a kid; flying stinging insects scare the shit out of me. Because getting stung HURTS.

This sucks.
    Jesus God, yeah, that's extremely disturbing. I caught a couple of wasp stings growing up in West Texas, and that's PAINFUL! It also creeps me out that those little fuckers are so aggressive, and seem to ENJOY stinging people and animals.

I hope you get rid of them soon!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Jesus God, yeah, that's extremely disturbing. I caught a couple of wasp stings growing up in West Texas, and that's PAINFUL! It also creeps me out that those little fuckers are so aggressive, and seem to ENJOY stinging people and animals.

I hope you get rid of them soon!
    They got all high tech here & found a major nest of murder hornets. Nest was destroyed. Evidently, 1 was caught & they put some sort of tracking device on it which led them to the nest. The little fuckers are tricky though. Usually hornet nests are in the ground. This one was inside of a tree. The people who destroyed the nest were dressed like they were going into an Ebola zone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If anyone has seen this, can they reply if this is licensed properly? Cause if not, I am really upset!
    it’s GMC’s new Hummer commercial featuring Karen O’s cover of “Immigrant Song”

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Alas, my wasps must die on their own, as the exterminator says there’s no good way to find them at this time of year. It’s been really cold (last two evenings: 30F), and late enough in the season that wasps are dying of old age, so exterminator says the tools they use to find nests wouldn’t detect them at this point because the nest are near dead. They said just (carefully) use a fly swatter; the wasps are still able to sting, but they’re slow and damned-near dead.

One was flying around the furnace room ceiling in the basement last night, then dive-bombed into the floor.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    They got all high tech here & found a major nest of murder hornets. Nest was destroyed. Evidently, 1 was caught & they put some sort of tracking device on it which led them to the nest. The little fuckers are tricky though. Usually hornet nests are in the ground. This one was inside of a tree. The people who destroyed the nest were dressed like they were going into an Ebola zone.
    Those murder hornets are FUCKING HUGE, though. Getting multiple stings, you’re instantly dead.

Each murder Horner’s stinger is 6mm (almost 1/4”).

https://www.oregonlive.com/environme...hey-found.html

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    They are massive. I happened to catch a show about them years ago. I remember thinking damn those things look pretty big until they showed a Biologist pick up a dead one in some forest. Looked like it was almost as big as my pinky. Fuck that.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Those murder hornets are FUCKING HUGE, though. Getting multiple stings, you’re instantly dead.

Each murder Horner’s stinger is 6mm (almost 1/4”).

https://www.oregonlive.com/environme...hey-found.html
    Dear god. That's...yeah, NO, please.
    I sure hope they don't spread across the U.S. in any significant number.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Daylight savings time is trash.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Daylight savings time is trash.
    it's horrible with cats. i can only imagine how much worse it'll be with a kid.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    it's horrible with cats. i can only imagine how much worse it'll be with a kid.
    430 for the last two days despite a later bed time.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So I've been trying to get a painting of my wife done for three years now. The first person I asked to do it said yes and so I sent him the photo that I was looking at for the painting. I had radio silence from him for months and it wasn't until I talked to his wife - a coworker at my previous job - that I found out that they were separated and probably that he wasn't working on it because they were also working on the divorce. Nothing saying "I'm not doing it", just nothing. Thought it was a good thing I didn't pay him for nothing. That was two Christmas's ago.

Then my mother-in-law says "oh well my husbands son is a painter, he can do it" so I asked and he said sure. I sent him the same photo and I got a weird request - "Can I have more pictures of her face?" - and I'm like it's one face, from when she was 14 or so, and my MIL would have those things. Silence and more silence. That was last Christmas, also I had to tell me wife "no seriously I've got a great gift it's just other people who are the problem" and that was led balloons.

This spring COVID happened and I was like whatever, dude has more time to work on it right? Lots of texts no responses, but when MIL texts dudes girlfriend he responds to her. Anyway, "he's working on it" and that was good for me. Fast forward to yesterday and I was anxious because he was still ghosting my texts so I again enlist the MIL. "I did slap him tonight! I told him to tell you guys if hes not going to do it then tell them and dont leave them hanging! He said he wasn't going to do it. So I said okay then tell them." and that's from the girlfriend by way of MIL.

Mother fucker.

At least I have a backup plan, which I think I can pull together by Christmas. But I still want to do the first one. I just need to find a non work or family friend, someone who will do it because I'm paying them not because they have a pseudo obligation to me.

Gah. And both of them quoted $150 for it and I was going to pay $300 because $150 is way too low for something like this, are they crazy, so la-dee-dah for them.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @allegate I have an excellent art teacher that is fabulous at portraits: https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/ismael-checo I don't know how much he charges privately, so I don't want to promise anything - but he would have it done in a flash.
    Last edited by ickyvicky; 11-07-2020 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    thanks, I'll check it out!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Ticks. The devilish little parasites. We had significant snowfall day before Halloween, set all sorts of records for early snowfall. And cold frozen weather. Ticks are supposed to go away until spring after snow and sub freezing weather.

But 2020 strikes again. Weather was glorious and warm today, so we went for a walk in the woods, and ended up with a scary number of ticks. Dog too of course! So here I am gulping down doxycycline and hoping I don't end up with another tick disease. Two was enough for my lifetime.

I think little dog gets a fresh dose of Advantix tonight.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Not pissed off, but sad.

My little baby boy Vernon. He’s a 7 month old miniature schnauzer. I love him. I would die for him. He’s my sweet baby boy from heaven above and he does no wrong.

We got him his first haircut today. It went well, he looks like a dapper young man with his fresh new haircut. Groomer said he did well, he just screamed the whole time. It’s a schnauzer thing.

We get him home, he’s fine and happy. He starts squinting in one eye, and it’s watering. We keep an eye on it, maybe a little hair got in his eye and irritated it. 2 hours later my boy is not doing great, won’t open it - when you force it open it’s super dilated. I make the call at 6:15pm to take my sweet boy to the emergency vet because eyes are super important.

Covid sucks. Covid causes delays. Covid makes everything slow. Covid makes everything harder for everyone.

SIX HOURS OF WAITING IN THE VET PARKING LOT LATER

My baby boy had an ulcer on his cornea on the top 1/3rd of his eye. We think maybe he got some soap in his eye at the groomer and he scratched it. He’s gonna be 100% fine but he’s laying in my lap with a cone of shame on shaking because his poor eye hurts so bad.

We’ve got antibiotics and pain meds but I love him so much and I hate to see him like this. This has legitimately been the most traumatic and worst day of his entire life.