Page 222 of 263 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 220 221 222 223 224 232 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,660 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    When someone's an idiot, I like telling them to go fuck themselves.

It pisses me off that this is becoming frowned upon these days.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    When someone's an idiot, I like telling them to go fuck themselves.

It pisses me off that this is becoming frowned upon these days.
    Probably because it isn’t being requested and carried out the correct way these politically correct days.

If you want something done, it has to be done right:

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Got to stand in the cold outside Lowe's this morning. Luckily the doors opened up about 5 minutes after the lady behind me said "You know the only reason they're open on the holidays is because of those foreigners, they just don't have the same values as us."
    ...she says, standing in line at a hardware store at the ass crack of dawn the day after Thanksgiving for no reason. "Foreigners". Shut the fuck up, moron.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Loud obnoxious screaming children and their inept parents on planes.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Got to stand in the cold outside Lowe's this morning. Luckily the doors opened up about 5 minutes after the lady behind me said "You know the only reason they're open on the holidays is because of those foreigners, they just don't have the same values as us."

No, it couldn't have anything to do with corporate overlords or the idiotic Americans who think that "well as long as it isn't my family who works on Thanksgiving".
    My brother is the manager of the receiving department at a Home Depot in the Detroit suburbs. He told me that Black Friday is the 3rd largest retail holiday for them, bringing in a minimum of $350,000.00 in sales for his store on that one day.

This fake Trump "War on Thanksgiving" has been trending, and it pisses me off that people believe that bullshit. There's never been any such thing, nobody here stopped calling it Thanksgiving (although retailers and TV hosts often refer to it as "Turkey Day"). Pisses me off. What a dick.

My husband was a Federal Air Traffic Controller for 36 years, and he had to work on Thanksgiving EVERY ONE OF THOSE 36 YEARS.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-01-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    michael buble'.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    michael buble'.

a) i love this song & video so much, especially because the original song is horrible
    b) this will make you hate him slightly less (only slightly)
    c) he actually thinks this is hilarious and clever, so at least he has a good sense of humor about himself? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    d) i also hate him, so don't worry, this isn't me trying to convince you not to do so

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ordered a NIN hoodie from merchbar for 36+shipping on black friday. came to 44.99 (for some reason I was getting charged tax by nin.com, so I went with the slightly cheaper option...)

Dumbest thing I've ever done.

9 dollar shipping, after 3 days of no tracking I sent an email.
    "you have to wait 6 days for us to process, we will ship on the 3rd and you will get confirmation, tracking, etc."

LOL WHAT?

It's 1 (one) hoodie. I get it's the holiday season, but they're an online warehouse. It's a week now and I've gotten nothing.

They usually take a full 24 hours to respond.
    Still hadn't gotten a confirmation by 8pm today.
    Wrote an email asking for a refund, saying had I ordered from the awesome band directly it would BE HERE BY NOW.
    They usually wait 48 hours to respond to customers. That's how long I waited for their first response telling me to wait a week for the item to ship.
    I received a near instant response of approval of a refund being processed while I was writing the dispute with my financial institution on my other monitor.

Lol.

Went to go buy the same hoodie from nin.com just now, and it's back to 45 before shipping.

I just wanted a stupid pullover.

I'll just stay skinny and cold. Fuck it.
    Last edited by laststepdown; 12-03-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    online retailers are required to charge tax; this did not used to be the case but has been for the last year or two.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I've noticed it sometimes, I just figured, hey, save $2 or whatever, nin is getting paid either way.

I regret everything. Every pullover that I like is back to full price.

I'll never go through merchbar again.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    I've noticed it sometimes, I just figured, hey, save $2 or whatever, nin is getting paid either way.

I regret everything. Every pullover that I like is back to full price.

I'll never go through merchbar again.
    sorry, dude. that sucks. if it helps, there's always this one from H&M https://www2.hm.com/en_us/productpage.0641383007.html

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Lol! Not sure I'll fit in a Small or X-Small

I mean I'm skinny, but that's like wearing a napkin

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    Lol! Not sure I'll fit in a Small or X-Small

I mean I'm skinny, but that's like wearing a napkin
    I laughed at that more than I should have for some reason.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Yes-men.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Yes-men.
    I agree.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    People who define their entire life by their gender identity and give everyone around them grief for accidental pronoun misuse, but exclusively use the pronoun 'he' for any animal and refer to almost everything, animate or inanimate as 'boi'.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    People who define their entire life by their gender identity and give everyone around them grief for accidental pronoun misuse, but exclusively use the pronoun 'he' for any animal and refer to almost everything, animate or inanimate as 'boi'.
    pisses me off that people can't wrap their heads around how simple but meaningful it is to use the correct pronouns.

animals can't declare their gender identity and the meme culture in which we live has dictated "boi" as a gender-neutral term of affection for cute animals. also, most people are quick to correct themselves when someone points out that the animal is, in fact, not male.

people (like me) who have chosen to use pronouns that differ from those foisted upon them at birth ask only for the respect of those around them in the language they use. if someone introduced themselves as "michael" would you call them "mike" or "michael"? you would call them michael because it is a sign of respect and that's what they want to be called. so if i say i would like people to use "they/them/theirs" pronouns to refer to me, it is disrespectful to not make the very small amount of effort required to use those pronouns. and if i correct someone, it's not out of spite for those people, but at the discomfort it causes me that others do not see me in the way i see myself; at the microaggressions of disrespect that people in the trans/non-binary/genderqueer community have to endure every day.

trans kids are bullied constantly by their peers in certain environments. there is a huge issue with discrimination in workplaces against gender-non-conforming folks. black trans women are at the highest risk of being murdered in this country. so i think it's a pretty small ask for people to use the correct pronouns for those with whom they are communicating.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    pisses me off that people can't wrap their heads around how simple but meaningful it is to use the correct pronouns.
    Acceptance, patience, and most importantly, the benefit of the doubt are aspects that are best exercised on both sides in these circumstances.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Acceptance, patience, and most importantly, the benefit of the doubt are aspects that are best exercised on both sides in these circumstances.
    i agree completely. the problem is often that those who misgender folks (unintentionally) tend to re-focus the situation on themselves, i.e. "i'm trying! don't get mad at me!" instead of the more sympathetic "sorry that i made you uncomfortable."

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I’d have gladly lived my entire working life disguised as a male if at all possible to avoid the job and wage discrimination (and sexual harassment).

Hi. I know this is entirely a hypothetical for you, but I have actually lived that. I lived the first 34 years of my life pretending to be a male. It almost killed me. Please take many fucking seats before you speak on lived experiences you have never had.

In erasing the word “female” from products, we are gradually erasing female identity.
    No, we're not. Being more inclusive is not erasing you. Trans men and non-binary people need menstrual products, too. You can take this TERF talking point and shove it.

I know most of ETS won't get this. And I don't mean that as a knock on you all. But there are dog whistles in here. Big ones. Big, bigoted dog whistles. As a trans woman who has spent years and years dealing with bigots, I can tell you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Cat Mom is one. You're a TERF. Flat out. Fuck you and your bigotry.

And if anyone wonders why I am being so hostile toward someone who "just has a differing opinion" or thinks that she is making a civil argument while I am going off the rails, then all I can ask you to do is trust me when I say I've seen this before. A lot. I have no patience for bigotry. I have no patience for hashing it out. I've seen this over and over and over again. I know all the dog whistles. I'm not doing this. I'm not debating my existence with anyone.

Last edited by theruiner; 12-14-2019 at 03:28 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Boy, terfs sure are fuckin trash

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I know most of ETS won't get this. And I don't mean that as a knock on you all. But there are dog whistles in here. Big ones. Big, bigoted dog whistles. As a trans woman who has spent years and years dealing with bigots, I can tell you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Cat Mom is one. You're a TERF. Flat out. Fuck you and your bigotry.

And if anyone wonders why I am being so hostile toward someone who "just has a differing opinion" or thinks that she is making a civil argument while I am going off the rails, then all I can ask you to do is trust me when I say I've seen this before. A lot. I have no patience for bigotry. I have no patience for hashing it out. I've seen this over and over and over again. I know all the dog whistles. I'm not doing this. I'm not debating my existence with anyone.
    Sorry.

I’m not good at trying to expressing General stuff, from an academic standpoint.

I wasn’t stating personal feelings of “TERF” or whatever (I had to Google it). I’m not a radical anything. I was simply speaking from an academic and (later) from a heart-felt personal standpoint, from my personal belief that (as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. said) kindness and understanding toward each other has often been a good way for world progress, vs. the opposite. You’re projecting stuff onto me, but you weren’t in the original discussion. I was viewing through the lens of both posters above my original comment (neither were you). Empathy and compassion toward anyone’s true suffering, not comparison.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-07-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    As another person who has lived way too much of their life in both worlds, keep your "if only I could just pretend to be a man" bullshit to yourself. And really, the misogyny and bigotry you face as a woman in this world vs a trans person, it's not even comparable.

The little thing that pisses me off today: when people say this kind of shit about trans and NB folk.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It always slightly pisses me off whenever a movie which wins a lot of rewards and is being hyped as if it is of such extreme quality turns out to feel really bland and ugly to me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So, I am not living alone anymore! I have a little thing here... a marten. ;-) It is somewhere in the roof and sometimes it even forces me to rather go sleep downstairs - in my own house (bar the mortage) that is. Can't figure out how it gets there (where??) or how to get rid of it, ultrasonic device nothing, leaving loud angry dogs barking sounds loop and go away for a week nothing, gonna try some smelly spray and then I don't know. Then there are traps but from what I've seen these little creatures are smart as hell, and poisoning is not an option, I don't want to do it, it's illegal, and also what if it died somewhere in the roof, no. Hey, marten! Fuck you! ;-)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @Substance242 i just looked up what a marten is and oh my god it is so cute. it might be super cold...maybe put out a blanket for it that you don't care about with a little food and it will stop trying to enter your attic? idunno.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    YouTube videos with text-to-speech and the speech part is firmly rooted in the 1980s...

...along with narrators that read text in other videos but then they miss sentences, or change words...
    Last edited by MrLobster; 12-31-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Found out that this music app I use on IOS received a "pro" version about a year ago and as far as I can tell it fixes everything that was wrong with the "+" version that I paid for but this is another $4.99. So I have to either keep using the version that was phased out and is broken or I can just pay the $5. I know it's only $5 but it's also the general idea that I paid for this and just because he wants to make money and add "pro" to the name he can charge for it all over again. On top of that the app includes "tips" you can pay randomly because hey maybe you were thinking 'sure I'll give him a dollar today."

I fully acknowledge that I'm in a bad mood right now and cantankerous to boot so I'm not looking at it the right way. I blame Kickstarter.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    today is my birthday and two of my best friends didn't even text me to say "happy birthday"
    like...i don't need a gift, i don't need you to make a big deal. but is it that hard to send a fucking text? especially since i was talking to one of them and mentioned that i was doing birthday stuff. i don't get it

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    today is my birthday and two of my best friends didn't even text me to say "happy birthday"
    like...i don't need a gift, i don't need you to make a big deal. but is it that hard to send a fucking text? especially since i was talking to one of them and mentioned that i was doing birthday stuff. i don't get it
    the same thing happened to me in november. two weeks later she invited me out to celebrate a mutual acquaintance's (at best) birthday. i thanked her, but politely declined. fuck you.

i'm sorry that really sucks.

happy birthday, max! <3