Page 219 of 263 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,570 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    If you’re selling something online and you just put “Nine Inch Nails” (for example) in the listing and it has nothing to do with your item in any way, fuck you.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 05-07-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    "Your package has been delivered to your apartment/condo."

Ummmm, there's no package or pick-up slip. Canada Post, you got some 'splaining to do.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Check out this charming antivax billboard in Amarillo. https://www.reddit.com/r/antivax/com...en_i_saw_this/

I actually first became aware of this insanity when I saw this OTHER shit: check it out. It's fairly disturbing, and says AMYGDALA DRUGS CAUSE MASS SHOOTINGS, with pictures of mass shooters.

I noticed a name on the billboards: DrFitt. I did a little research, and this guy is a bit of a local lunatic. He lost his medical license for "treating" a cancer patient by injecting her blood into a cow's udder, and having the woman drink the milk. He also tried to get on a plane in Amarillo, with a glock, and was convicted of threatening, on Facebook, to kill a professor

https://www.amarillo.com/news/2017-0...oristic-threat

Also, what in the fuck are "amygdala drugs?"

Anyway, this dude's website still appears to be up, and I think he must still be hustling "holistic supplements" or some shit around here.

that "mass shooting" billboard shocked the shit out of me.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-18-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Also, what in the fuck are "amygdala drugs?"
    Nonsense. Essentially, it could boil down to any drug you've had a positive experience with. Sugar, for example. The one study that I keep finding mentions a trial with cocaine and rats. This DrFittt guys seems to be correlating side effects from anti-depressants to "cravings" or drug addiction, which is regulated by the amygdala and a weakening or bypassing of the prefrontal cortex.

https://neurosciencenews.com/addicti...striatum-3739/

A decade ago, both Belin and Everitt, independently, were the first to show that addiction manifests itself differently in different individuals and that, for some, compulsive cocaine-seeking behaviour would continue despite adverse circumstances. In a rat model, around 20% of animals addicted to cocaine still sought the drug despite the risk of receiving mild electric shocks on doing so.

“This was the first time in the field of addiction that the idea of inter-individual differences in vulnerability to compulsive drug seeking was raised,” explains Belin, who is funded by the Wellcome Trust. “With regard to psychiatric disorders, we are not equally vulnerable.”

Drug addiction had largely been regarded as the end point of a progressive loss of control over drug seeking resulting from a failure of part of the brain – the prefrontal cortex – that deals with decision making.

“Certainly, chronic exposure to drugs alters the prefrontal cortex, which governs motivation, inhibitory control and choice. But it also alters an area of the brain called the basolateral amygdala, which is associated with the link between a stimulus and an emotion,” explains Belin.

To explain further he gives the example of choosing to eat a cake or an apple. “The basolateral amygdala stores the pleasurable memories associated with eating the cake, but the prefrontal cortex manipulates this information, helping you to weigh up whether or not you should eat another slice or choose the apple instead. If you eat the slice, regions of the ventral striatum, the structure that processes reward and links emotions to actions, are activated.”

However, Belin and Everitt’s latest research has shown that this is not the only neuronal circuit that underlies cocaine-seeking behaviour.

Using their rat model, they identified a completely new highway that links impulses with habits. This brain circuit links the basolateral amygdala indirectly with the dorsolateral striatum, which is the neural locus of habits.

“Because it doesn’t recruit the prefrontal cortex it doesn’t involve choice,” explains Belin. “It’s a short cut or back door directly to habit. It means that addicts can have internal urges they are not aware of that drive drug seeking. It’s a newly recognised function of this brain circuitry.

“It would explain situations in which individuals who have been abstinent for five years suddenly relapse, telling their counsellor ‘I was walking in the street and I found myself with a glass of wine – and I promise you I didn’t want it.’ This has often been dismissed as ‘weakness of the will’ and then denial. This may also happen, but what our results in rats suggest is that there are occasions in which the stimuli go via motivation straight to the habit part of the brain without an individual even being aware of it.”

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    That is a common tactic to say that many of the mass shooters were taking or had previously been on psychotropic medications as a way to re-frame the discussion about gun control to one of mental health and/or mental health medications.

But it looks like this guy is just on some "drink this tea to cure your depression" type of shit and does not believe in medicine.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    That bloody commercial:

I have nothing against the dish soap in question, in fact it's the one I buy. Specifically, my problem are my ears. Instead of properly hearing the name of the soap brand, I keep hearing "Donald Trump".

"Save money with Donald Trump"

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd say it's a freaking subliminal message.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    that anti-vaccine billboard pisses me off, but freedom of speech I guess.... and on that note, the biggest villain here is the company that agreed to put that fucking billboard up. Their greedy choice.

So... FUCK Burkett billboards in Amarillo.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-22-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My fucking shark of a landlord who I know has google rating of 1.8 for both her businesses below me for being a money grubbing rude old lady, who btw says she's a proper Christian leaves a note about the upcoming inspection yesterday. In said note she mentions that because it's still been cold I'll have to pay for heat again this month. Now when I moved in it was explained to me that during the MN deep freeze rent goes up 100$ (700 total for a small one bedroom) for heat as it was said to be included. I was okay with this understanding. Coming into fucking June and she still wants me to pay it is madness. Not once in my life have I ever ghosted on a place before but I'm over this bitch fleecing me for money.

First it was my last job honeydicking me now this. I own my choices but fuck. I'm looking into a job even deeper into the backwoods with a possible free room at the same wage. If that doesn't pan out I'm gonna dip out of this town and big city rent/expenses and welfare wages. This bitch has 34 reviews all bad. I knew she was a hustler I had no idea she was a money succubus. People got me consistently fucked up anymore.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 05-25-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    My fucking shark of a landlord who I know has google rating of 1.8 for both her businesses below me for being a money grubbing rude old lady, who btw says she's a proper Christian leaves a note about the upcoming inspection yesterday. In said note she mentions that because it's still been cold I'll have to pay for heat again this month. Now when I moved in it was explained to me that during the MN deep freeze rent goes up 100$ (700 total for a small one bedroom) for heat as it was said to be included. I was okay with this understanding. Coming into fucking June and she still wants me to pay it is madness. Not once in my life have I ever ghosted on a place before but I'm over this bitch fleecing me for money.

First it was my last job honeydicking me now this. I own my choices but fuck. I'm looking into a job even deeper into the backwoods with a possible free room at the same wage. If that doesn't pan out I'm gonna dip out of this town and big city rent/expenses and welfare wages. This bitch has 34 reviews all bad. I knew she was a hustler I had no idea she was a money succubus. People got me consistently fucked up anymore.
    What part of MN are you in? I'm in Minneapolis and it's in the low 70s today. No way should you be getting charged winter heating rates. Who the fuck is running their heat right now? That's just blatant extortion.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    What part of MN are you in? I'm in Minneapolis and it's in the low 70s today. No way should you be getting charged winter heating rates. Who the fuck is running their heat right now? That's just blatant extortion.
    Brainerd. This place is wack. I haven't had my heat on all month. Her building is old as shit and leaks heat from the rooftop. Had a giant icicle this winter. She basically wants me to pay for her shops heat. She's a total savage. One guy up there was trying to move out and ahe told the new guy he owed her money. Which he doesn't. Of all of us there he has his shit together the most. She just doesn't want him to move out.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Doesn't necessarily piss me ff, but something that I just find so weird is this country's immediate assumption that everyone who goes to the military does so because they are a PATRIOT, and not because they dangle free college in front of poor kids.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Sleep deprivation finally beat out jet lag and allowed me to sleep for 12 damn hours last night...except I spent what I'm pretty sure was the ENTIRE thing dreaming that we were at war with Russia. And not the type of war we're currently at with them; I mean an active bombing campaign between our two countries.

Then I wake up and see this bullshit about Mitch McConnell saying exactly what anyone with a shred of intelligence would have expected him to say, and it actually makes me feel worse than the dream did.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Doesn't necessarily piss me ff, but something that I just find so weird is this country's immediate assumption that everyone who goes to the military does so because they are a PATRIOT, and not because they dangle free college in front of poor kids.
    Or - particularly in my case - a way out of a place with zero prospects. I see the people who didn't leave on Facebook and it's pretty much 95% of them are still there, just eeking out an existence. I mean I'm not ballin' out here but I'm also not stuck in a place that is rapidly being decimated by meth and oxy overuse.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I may have mentioned this last year, but I'm still pissed off, and, disturbed, that the cops killed a black kid in my little town last year, and pretty much managed to TOTALLY cover it up. No one would say SHIT. Kid was from out of town, and the car was stolen, but we still have no idea why they shot him. The passenger survived, and I remember seeing him on local news talking about how he didn't understand why they had to SHOOT his brother.
    I knew EXACTLY which cop did the killing, too, when I heard about it. I'm friendly with most of the cops here, but there's this ONE asshole cop who seems like he's just itching to shoot somebody. Like, when all that shit went down with my cousin, and they came here to take the report, dude had his hand on his gun the whole time, INSIDE our house.

I know from people around town that he did the killing, but, that's just about ALL we know. They REALLY covered this shit up well.

I found this story from last year. https://www.newschannel10.com/story/...lved-shooting/

This one has a little video. https://www.fox13memphis.com/top-sto...exas/707719164

What pisses me off is that, even after a Texas Ranger investigation, they STILL never said WHY they shot the kid. I mean, if there was a good reason to shoot him, why have they not released it? I HEARD that the kid, after being pulled over, possibly tried to take off driving again. I'm not 100% sure that's true, but, if it is, does that really necessitate KILLING him?

And, yeah, there was hardly any coverage of this event.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-29-2019 at 11:57 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I really don't understand why these cops need to shoot to kill. Why can't they just shoot the person in the leg or something?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I really don't understand why these cops need to shoot to kill. Why can't they just shoot the person in the leg or something?
    You're trained to shoot to kill. It''s much easier to hit someone in the torso as opposed to a moving appendage.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yeah, they are way to quick to jump to lethal measures because they know they can just say I WAS SCARED FOR MY LIFE, and then they are absolved of any wrongdoing instead of investing any effort in attempting to deescalate situations.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This crazy bitch... Wants money for heat this month again. I'm ghosting come july fuck all this bullshit.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    You're trained to shoot to kill. It''s much easier to hit someone in the torso as opposed to a moving appendage.
    I mean, I wasn't there, but, this dude just freaked out and decided he was gonna run from the cops.
    Someone found some more info about this and showed it to me: it turns out that they (the cops) claimed that, when he threw the car into drive, he was "reaching for something."

of course, there was no gun in the car. I doubt he was "reaching for something." These cops never do anything exciting - I mean, 2000 people live here. I think Officer Shootamotherfucker saw his chance for some gunplay, and took it.

A grand jury decided not to press charges, but, there's a big problem with grand juries in texas: they are APPOINTED, by a person appointed by the judge. This county is conservative as fuck, and the people appointed are the "pillar of the community" types, who, inevitably, have ties to law enforcement.
    I think this was only gonna go one way, no matter what.

And, yeah- why not get back in the car and chase him, and disable the vehicle later, instead of shooting him?

Now, I wasn't there. Maybe the kid DID appear to be reaching for something, and, maybe the cops were scared. But, I doubt it.

And it should have received more coverage
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-01-2019 at 03:35 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I think a large problem with all of these officer involved shooting is lack of training combined with fear. (And, to be clear, I would also be constantly on edge if I was in law enforcement, but that's part of the reason I'm not in law enforcement.) All of these officers need continuous training on how to attempt to diffuse situations or, when appropriate, use non-lethal force. Lack of budgets don't allow for that. Instead, we get people looking for some sort of power that are too quick to draw.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My iPhone 7 rear camera is doing that shaking glitch/bug. It makes photos and videos a nightmare to take. I've debated since I've paid this off and being 2 years removed from relevancy if I should buy an X or XR. Decisions...

Either way, I am pissed about this happening from absolutely nothing! I treat my phone like a newborn, there's no reason for the issues.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-01-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So, there is this local two-day, 80km+, 4km+ annual hike I never finished properly. Took easier route on Sunday twice, gave up almost at the end twice (tired and slowing down others), didn't even start because of strange foot pain, or everyone gave up Sunday because there was strong rain all day. But this year, today, I was prepared, fit, determined. Alarm clock 4:00, let's do this.

Then on the very first mountain I slipped, fell down hard and slided a few meters. Continued 4+ hours in pain, then took a bus from village to x-ray hospital. And yay, I broke my arm! :-) ("tuberculi maji humeri") Okay... this is a new way to fail. Will I ever finish this bloody thing!? ;-)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Eek @Substance242 OUCH! it’ll heal, carry on!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    My iPhone 7 rear camera is doing that shaking glitch/bug. It makes photos and videos a nightmare to take. I've debated since I've paid this off and being 2 years removed from relevancy if I should buy an X or XR. Decisions...

Either way, I am pissed about this happening from absolutely nothing! I treat my phone like a newborn, there's no reason for the issues.
    Take it to the Apple store, they WERE fixing that for free. It’s repaired by a magnet FWIR.

Edit: Found this:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Take it to the Apple store, they WERE fixing that for free. It’s repaired by a magnet FWIR.

Edit: Found this:

I know but I just bought an XR because it was a long time coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Players who throw a Game for the sake of higher profits on the other end and then expect the fans not to notice.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the S key on my laptop is fucking up... meaning that I'm discovering this by having to re-read what I'm pretty certain I typed correctly, only to find the S missing, and then having to go through posts and shit (like this one, just now, fixed), and add all the fucking S's.

S's. Fuck.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Wish my stomach/abdomen would stop hurting.

I’ve been checked out for nearly everything. Best anyone guesses it’s the neuropathy and pre-existing damage from childhood leukemia treatments.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I know but I just bought an XR because it was a long time coming.
    i'm pretty happy with my XR that i got just before new year's eve, i just wish it was smaller : / the iphone 5 was the perfect size

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm pretty happy with my XR that i got just before new year's eve, i just wish it was smaller : / the iphone 5 was the perfect size
    I'm not really on the big side for phones but XR is a tad bigger than my standard 7 so I won't mind it. I always avoid the bigger models which is why I never bought any Plus models and chose XR over XS (besides the price point).