Results 6,571 to 6,590 of 6590

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    This bitch needs to die......

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Wahahahaha. Ok, well, here we fucking go. I'm on a treatment that basically makes your immune system not work very well, on purpose.
    This has terrified me, but I was told it was the safest, best option.

WELL

I caught this steam burn on my hand a few days ago , from opening some soup that had been in microwave.

And I just woke up, and that shit is now like, RIDICULOUSLY infected. Like it's all dark, with a halo of red skin, and it hurts like a motherfucker and looks like it's spreading.

This types of shit was precisely what I was afraid of. FUCK. I better get to the dr quick before they wind up having to cut my thumb off or some shit, but, here's the thing: what can they DO? I mean, this medicine is a weekly shot that takes a couple of months to build up and kick in. So it's not like I can just, not take it tomorrow and my immune system will be back to normal. Also, I don't think you can take antibiotics while on this shit. I guess ima find out, though.

At least this: dude to my bleak sense of humor, I think it's fucking hilarious.
    Steam burns are the worst. Use some triple antibiotic oinment and keep it covered. Heard a thing at work about slathering burns in mustard. A freind burned the shit out of himself on hot steel doing some forging. He was burned but not really that bad. Around this time I vwas chatting with some other cat who happened to say the same thing. Even read it a few times in fb cooks group im in. That said I've tried it myself and it seems to help but these have been fairly minor grease burns. Good luck.

Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Steam burns are the worst. Use some triple antibiotic oinment and keep it covered. Heard a thing at work about slathering burns in mustard. A freind burned the shit out of himself on hot steel doing some forging. He was burned but not really that bad. Around this time I vwas chatting with some other cat who happened to say the same thing. Even read it a few times in fb cooks group im in. That said I've tried it myself and it seems to help but these have been fairly minor grease burns. Good luck.
    thanks, dude. It actually worked out: I slathered it with Two Metric Fucktons of Neosporin, and did see the dr, and now, it's close to all right.
    Man. I couldn't believe that shit. I had caught some milder steam burns working a stint at a cafeteria, but it was nothing like this.
    I didn't have any idea how bad I'd been burned until the next morning when I noticed, like, an ABSURDLY huge blister, both in length, and especially, height. It was like cartoonish. What happened with the puss was cartoonish. But it didn't HURT for a few days because, I guess, the nerve endings were burned?
    I say goddamn. This all happened because of an innocuous little cup of Sam's Choice Lime Flavored Chicken Tortilla Soup. I'd like to beat Sam's ass, lololololololol.
    Sorry if I'm rambling, but man, you're definitely right about the nastiness of steam burns. I've caught all kinds of burns in my absurd, rock and roll lifestyle, but the only thing that was worse than this shit was getting on the back of a Harley and cooking my leg on the muffler.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    My crazy neighbor ... Dude has no life, apparently no job either, outside this 5 unit building. I'd get into it but I'm locked in until November. More sure to come. Also, floor turkey ...

Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Word, @Cat Mom . the COLORS that motorcycle burn turns are CRAZY! mine looked sort of blue and aquamarine and such at times.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Saw this and thought of this page:

Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    I've been vaping instead of smoking for some years now. My favorite flavor is Whatever Is On Actual Clearance, aka 15ml bottles of Zeus Juice for $.99 from the head shop in Amarillo. I'll get 30 or 40 of those when I'm in Amarillo, and it's always worked great, until today.

I got a few bottles of a flavor called 57 Chevy. I figured it was some sort of metaphorical name: perhaps it was cherry flavored, or tasted like old school tobacco.

I was wrong.

THIS shit is an aberration. You guys know the smell of seat leather in those old mustangs? That's what this tastes like. It tastes like the inside of an old mustang smells.

I like that SMELL, but it's not something I wish to INGEST, in any way, ever.
    I wonder who in the hell thought this was a good idea?
    It's ROUGH. It actually makes me sick to my stomach.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    "cancelled"

I understand the idea of it, but seeing the term thrown around so often is starting to make me roll my eyes.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    add 'cancel culture' to that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It will eventually run its course and go away. I hope.

Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    @allegater and @onthewall2983 , can you guys please explain?
    I assume we aren't talking about tv shows/movies being cancelled.

Edit: nevermind, I've got it. And I don't think it's going away anytime soon.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-18-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    To me it seems like glorified bullying more often than not. I wish Black Mirror would make an episode about it.

Edit: actually, Black Mirror did make an episode about it, in a way. The episode with the killer bees. People on social networks were voting which of the famous people should die next, right? To me, it does seem like a cancel culture brought to an extreme level

Edit 2: oh, my first faceplam! Thank you, Sarah
    Last edited by Edo; 03-19-2019 at 01:47 PM. Reason: afterthought

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    This Midwest flooding. It was already a tough season/year for agriculture because it has been so cold, so crops were struggling. And now so many of those crops are just lakes with ice chunks in the middle. By the time everything is cleaned up and ready to be planted, it will be way too late in the season, so some farms will be losing a whole year of income and take huge losses.

It is also calving season, and my brother's place has already lost a ton of calves. They have to basically stay with them 24/7 so they don't lose more.

Get ready for super expensive groceries in a couple of months.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Fire alarm going off in the hotel.

At 12:05 AM.

For the fourth time on this tour alone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post

Crap!

Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    This Midwest flooding. It was already a tough season/year for agriculture because it has been so cold, so crops were struggling. And now so many of those crops are just lakes with ice chunks in the middle. By the time everything is cleaned up and ready to be planted, it will be way too late in the season, so some farms will be losing a whole year of income and take huge losses.

It is also calving season, and my brother's place has already lost a ton of calves. They have to basically stay with them 24/7 so they don't lose more.

This is all so awful. My heart really goes out to all Midwest farmers. It's heartbreaking. I'm willing to pay more to help with losses.

Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    the kitten that i'm taking care of woke me up at THREE AM when she discovered how to turn on the kitchen sink -_-

i guess i'm thankful she started yowling because otherwise i would have slept through the sound of the water, thinking it was a radiator. but like...jeez, dude, it's 3am.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    I’d had about three White Russians at the time
    I drove two blocks to the E.R.
    Not nice.

Btw, people, what is "cancelled"?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Not nice.

Btw, people, what is "cancelled"?
    https://www.theodysseyonline.com/canceled

Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Not nice.
    Really? Jeez I didn’t want to tell the ENTIRE story here due to drift and size but it was 30 years ago, I had 50 DUIs, did 20 years in prison, I killed a prison guard, got out early for good behavior, became an ordained minister, my life has changed, and I waited several hours that night to drive to the hospital because you can’t call 911 for a burn. Now when I get heroin burns I just Uber to the hospital.

“Cancelled” came from Black Twitter.
    Last edited by Cat Mom; Yesterday at 10:31 AM.