Page 57 of 263 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    The vegetarian/vegan people who NEVER SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT.

Fuck. I'm just going to start introducing myself HI I'M SARAH SOMETIMES I EAT MEAT

Nobody gives a SHIT!

Given that I know LOADS of vegans who have cats and happily boil whole chickens for them...yeah. I see some being self-righteous as if it's not a choice. Sure, I see how my love of raw-ass bleeding meat may not be perfect, but it's not like you're some homosexual in Uganda.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It's funny because for me it's the other way round. I'm vegetarian but I only mention it when it comes up naturally but when I do it's at that point that all the meat eaters need to tell me how much they love it and talk about bacon like it's just as essential as oxygen.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    It's funny because for me it's the other way round. I'm vegetarian but I only mention it when it comes up naturally but when I do it's at that point that all the meat eaters need to tell me how much they love it and talk about bacon like it's just as essential as oxygen.
    I was just about to say how that is shitty as well. My sister was a vegetarian for like 8 years, and her father was always being a twat about it.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I don't preach about it. I will occasionally say "meat is murder" but only for the sake of novelty, I guess. I don't have a problem with carnivores. I just wish that they wouldn't get weirded out by me. "You're a vegetarian, Marlina? But you're so fat. I don't get it."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    There's always assholes on both sides of the fence.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I don't preach about it. I will occasionally say "meat is murder" but only for the sake of novelty, I guess. I don't have a problem with carnivores. I just wish that they wouldn't get weirded out by me. "You're a vegetarian, Marlina? But you're so fat. I don't get it."
    Anyone who says that to you deserves to have their bollocks ripped off or punched in the boob.
    Last edited by Digital Twilight; 07-17-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I mean, that's great and all. But I hate how with *some* people EVERY topic turns into being a vegetarian.
    So then talking about how I plan to have sex for vegetarian/vegan rights in the fucking thread will just ruin the whole thing?????

There are so many better things to talk about. Like how I had a whole package of green olives for lunch. Or the million dollars I've spent in the last month at Ulta and Sephora. Or how @eversonpoe and his fiancée are the cutest couple ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    Anyone who says that too you deserves to have their bollocks ripped off or punched in the boob.
    Just boob? Why not both? Go for the jugular.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I'm a vegetarian, so.....

Hey, I have a joke: How can you tell the vegetarian/vegan in the room? Don't worry. They will let you know.
    Add Gluten free and I'll really laugh.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Speaking of gluten free, what really pisses me off is the influx of identifying menu items as gluten free at restaurants. I'm not against gluten free foods but I really wish that restaurants would get on board and list all of their food allergens. My daughter has a shitload of food allergies and going out to eat is quite a challenge. We end up going to the vegan restaurant 90% of the time. My issue is not with gluten free foods, it's with restaurants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The vegetarian/vegan people who NEVER SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT.

Fuck. I'm just going to start introducing myself HI I'M SARAH SOMETIMES I EAT MEAT

Nobody gives a SHIT!

True. What pisses me off is people who talk about their diet, whatever it is. No one ever cares. Its the same with dreams. However interesting you find your own, you don't give a shit about other peoples. No one cares about anyone elses diet or dreams. No one. And yet people still continue to talk about them.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LouLou View Post
    True. What pisses me off is people who talk about their diet, whatever it is. No one ever cares. Its the same with dreams. However interesting you find your own, you don't give a shit about other peoples. No one cares about anyone elses diet or dreams. No one. And yet people still continue to talk about them.
    Yeah but people talk about what is important to them and what interests them. I bet you talk about loads of stuff to friends, collegues etc that they don't give a toss about. Some people actually do care about diets and dreams.

I have a friend who talks about their weightlifting training and gains on FB. Do I care if she benched this or that? No. But i'm certainly not going to rain on her parade just because i'm not interested, some people will be and if not it's still nice to be courteous and entertain the things that people care about.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    As far as I'm concerened you are well within your rights to burn, maim, punch, kick, squeeze or twist any part of anybody who is that much of a jerk.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    So then talking about how I plan to have sex for vegetarian/vegan rights in the fucking thread will just ruin the whole thing?????

There are so many better things to talk about. Like how I had a whole package of green olives for lunch. Or the million dollars I've spent in the last month at Ulta and Sephora. Or how @eversonpoe and his fiancée are the cutest couple ever.

awww shucks

seriously, though, everyone has the right to eat how and what they want, and no one should tell them what to do (unless it's directly affecting their health...like, don't let someone with a peanut allergy say "fuck you, i'm gonna eat ALL THE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!" because then they will die).

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Eating too many peanut butter cups would be a good way to go.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    When I was a pescatarian (before I discovered the delights of raw beef and wine) I used to tell creeps that hit on me that "I don't eat red meat".

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    So we can't have a shitlist, we can't have a misogyny thread, even the fuckin jokes thread gets locked. What is ETS coming to these days? Is the only thing acceptable here now being sad and depressed? What about the laughter, people!

You might think this doesn't effect you. But where does it end, man? WHERE DOES IT END?

What's next? Soon Eleveno won't be able to post about his complex relationship? Hazekiah about his love for Transformers and Manson? Cashpiles about his love for... asian stuff? Kris will get post capped and only be able to start like two or three new threads a day?

I sincerely implore you to think about the dangerous direction this website is headed in and it's imperial and tyrannical regime. Do you really want to live in that kind of ETS? I think not good sirs.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    so i looked up my ex girlfriend and bandmate's website, and she went to the studio and recorded a bunch of songs we wrote together...but didn't give me any credit.
    And she's playing said songs all over dallas...she's playing like three shows a month.

it pissed me off, although it is a LITTLE flattering that half the lyrics are about me. She probably tells the new bf she just wrote them and they are about him. Oh yeah, and i wonder if she has some new guitarist playing MY FUCKING GUITAR PARTS live!

But my girl had an idea...why don't i record the songs too? Why the hell not? I'll go play 'em too. We wrote them all together...they are half mine, damnit!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Eating too many peanut butter cups would be a good way to go.
    My daughter, Victoria Apple (yes, that's her name), is allergic to peanuts. She'll never know the joy of Reese's PB cups. Oh well. That means I don't have to share with her. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get mom of the year award for that statement.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    People who get HELLBENT on correcting everyone in a 10-mile radius when someone refers to their plugs (the ear accessories) as "gauges."

For fuck's sake, why does such a superficial, jargon-bred nickname for a thing matter THAT MUCH?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The Age Of Digital Photography

First of all I'm not going to piss on the technology of digital photography. I personally think it's astounding in both quality and versatility. I also am in a business that builds parts that enable such technology. For me, it's the way society has "embraced it" that has me a bit put off. I'm also writing this based on last night's experience on date night with my partner and I which still has me a bit steamed.
    After a nice little dinner we walked it off down at the lake waterfront and marina. The place has a nice little boardwalk and can get a bit crowded with tourists this time of year but that usually doesn't detract from the experience. It was sunset over the lake and the view, like almost any other night there, is gorgeous. The two of us really loved it. But what blew us away was how 90% of everyone out there on the boardwalk we either looking at the sunset through their phone lenses or setting up digital SLR shots (some people had actual tripods) for groups. I was wondering how many of these people were actually enjoying the experience for what it was and not how it was going to look on some social media site. I'm also blown away by how much of this I see at concerts. Phones up in the air and me wondering "is anyone actually watching the show through their own eyes?"
    The best part came when the two of us found a nice spot to look out from which was apart from the snap happy tourists when we were interrupted by a woman in a straw hat with an SLR strung around her neck asking "could we possibly get a photo here without you two in it?". She apparently was trying to photograph a group who had shown up next to us to pose in front of the sunset. I responded jokingly (and slightly serious) that I was looking for ways to photo bomb them but we reluctantly moved anyhow.
    So what I've come to realize is that photography in the digital age means just about ANYONE with a phone or a few spare bucks carries something that they feel they need to use to capture photos at just about every special moment. Sure, convenience is nice, but I recall photography being something of a hobby for some people and you'd see a couple of those folks here or there catching shots, not every single joe-tourist out on the town. On top of that, add the entitlement of people to "choose how the shot is done" while invading the freedoms of others to just enjoy themselves without having to be told to "please move out of our shot". Then I ask myself how many of these photos are actually going to be recalled as something nice as a memory to look back on or just another "Like" catcher on Facebook to say "hey we were here, isn't that awesome?" and then forgotten within a week. Maybe I'm an old fogey but good lord..
    /rant

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    How my period, WITHOUT FAIL, will rearrange itself to fall on my vacation. Every. Fucking. Time. If I don't have an event or trip coming up, it's like a goddamn clock. I know precisely what day it will start on. But if I have a vacation coming up, it's all like YOLO and will be sure that it is with me. It started a week and a half late this time! What a bitch!

Sometimes, I hate you, vagina.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    The Age Of Digital Photography

First of all I'm not going to piss on the technology of digital photography. I personally think it's astounding in both quality and versatility. I also am in a business that builds parts that enable such technology. For me, it's the way society has "embraced it" that has me a bit put off. I'm also writing this based on last night's experience on date night with my partner and I which still has me a bit steamed.
    After a nice little dinner we walked it off down at the lake waterfront and marina. The place has a nice little boardwalk and can get a bit crowded with tourists this time of year but that usually doesn't detract from the experience. It was sunset over the lake and the view, like almost any other night there, is gorgeous. The two of us really loved it. But what blew us away was how 90% of everyone out there on the boardwalk we either looking at the sunset through their phone lenses or setting up digital SLR shots (some people had actual tripods) for groups. I was wondering how many of these people were actually enjoying the experience for what it was and not how it was going to look on some social media site. I'm also blown away by how much of this I see at concerts. Phones up in the air and me wondering "is anyone actually watching the show through their own eyes?"
    The best part came when the two of us found a nice spot to look out from which was apart from the snap happy tourists when we were interrupted by a woman in a straw hat with an SLR strung around her neck asking "could we possibly get a photo here without you two in it?". She apparently was trying to photograph a group who had shown up next to us to pose in front of the sunset. I responded jokingly (and slightly serious) that I was looking for ways to photo bomb them but we reluctantly moved anyhow.
    So what I've come to realize is that photography in the digital age means just about ANYONE with a phone or a few spare bucks carries something that they feel they need to use to capture photos at just about every special moment. Sure, convenience is nice, but I recall photography being something of a hobby for some people and you'd see a couple of those folks here or there catching shots, not every single joe-tourist out on the town. On top of that, add the entitlement of people to "choose how the shot is done" while invading the freedoms of others to just enjoy themselves without having to be told to "please move out of our shot". Then I ask myself how many of these photos are actually going to be recalled as something nice as a memory to look back on or just another "Like" catcher on Facebook to say "hey we were here, isn't that awesome?" and then forgotten within a week. Maybe I'm an old fogey but good lord..
    /rant
    I'm with you in this one. At Coachella this year, sometimes I'd have a hard time seeing through the sea of phones, cameras and iPads. It's got a name:http://www.npr.org/2014/05/22/314592...t-our-memories. Photo-taking Impairment Effect. Wide swathes of people's memories are lost save for the photos they have of those moments.

I wouldn't have been as nice as you about moving out of their frame.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    My eczema on my hands is coming back on my hands. It makes my hands looks super sexy, ultra diseased and way old. Plus, I want to itch the hell out of it and peel the flaky skin. Way to go hands.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    People who assume they're prescient enough to know what you're going to say. It's even worse when they continue talking over you about what they decided you were going to say, even when you tell them they've got it completely wrong. Fucking hell.

This guy I'm staying with in LA is driving me nuts in a number of ways.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    People who come over to your house, pretending like they want to hang out when really, they just want to use your computer and eat your food. Icing on the cake is when they call somebody else to have a conversation about nothing important. Why fucking bother coming to my house if you're just gonna talk to somebody else? It's rude as fuck to go to somebody's house and ignore them like that.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    The misogyny thread.

Seriously, can that actually just be erased entirely from the forum, or does it get to sit there as a shining beacon of what the fuck is wrong with the world?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    These past few weeks have been exhausting and not the greatest. Between rehearsal eating my free time, a REALLY BAD time with OCD the weekend before last, miscommunications and navigating that shit when I just don't have the damn energy for any of it... ugh. UGH. And I have rehearsal tonight. I haven't slept at my own place since Thursday night. My next evening off is Weds and I have to spend that getting costumes for this show and ;lakfjas;lfkja;lfkja;lfj

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    The misogyny thread.

Seriously, can that actually just be erased entirely from the forum, or does it get to sit there as a shining beacon of what the fuck is wrong with the world?
    Absolutely not- let it be an example of what we do not tolerate here. I'm all for calling out bullshit when I see it.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    In a strange maybe temporary departure from not being able to keep food down, I now have a rhythmic electric shock like sensation going from my rib cage up to my chest. If it's not anxiety and depression it's my neuropathy or hey, Lamont, maybe this is the big one!
    So. Much. Fun. Loving life!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Ummmm, please go to the doctor and don't die. Thanks.