Page 200 of 213 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 6,000 of 6369

Thread: The little things that piss you off

  1. #5971
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Hell's Bells
    Posts
    423
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I was reading Spin magazine out of boredom. Those journalists are so snarky and elitist. They trash most of the artists i like. What a piece of shit. I'll take that tired old Rolling Stone over them any day.

  2. #5972
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,593
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Took my wife to the hospital yesterday for unbearable pain in her side and abdomen. They did a CT and when she asked for something for pain, they gave her iv haldol and ativan. They didn't bother asking what other medicines she was taking. Then the nurse came to discharge her without the dr even giving a diagnosis. I guess they just assumed she was drug seeking, which is laughable considering we all three have opiate prescriptions in this house.
    When we got her home, her jaw started clenching involuntarily and her head kept moving back and to the left by itself. Also, her body was shaking. Then she had a grand mal seizure.
    We had to call 911 and have her taken to ANOTHER emergency room.
    It turns out that haldol, mixed with effexor, causes an increased chance of the symptoms she experienced including seizure, dystonia, and Parkinson's like symptoms. Also, haldol isn't approved for IV push, and if it IS given IV, the patient is supposed to be closely monitored. They didn't monitor her; they immediately discharged her.
    I am fucking furious. It was utterly terrifying. I thought she was gonna die.
    Unfortunately, I'm not so sure we could win a law suit.

  3. #5973
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    504
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, not a little thing that pisses me off but in the absence of a big things thread...

    I've been disabled for a decade (as of the 28th). It sucks.

  4. #5974
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,593
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    My mom has been on fentanyl for 15 fucking years and they are taking her off of it as a result of this stupid fucking drug war.

    She is 60. She has plates and screws in her neck that have fused with nerves. And of course, her tolerance is very high.
    She has NEVER misused it, EVER.

    She has been on a fairly high dose of the strongest opiate available for 25% of her life. She is going to get INSANELY sick.

    She doesn't fucking deserve this.

  5. #5975
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,103
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    My mom has been on fentanyl for 15 fucking years and they are taking her off of it as a result of this stupid fucking drug war.

    She is 60. She has plates and screws in her neck that have fused with nerves. And of course, her tolerance is very high.
    She has NEVER misused it, EVER.

    She has been on a fairly high dose of the strongest opiate available for 25% of her life. She is going to get INSANELY sick.

    She doesn't fucking deserve this.
    Good thing we're stopping all those evil drug lords out to ruin our country...

    That's awful, man. I hate seeing this "drug war" affecting people that are even tangentially involved with my life, let alone the ones directly involved with it. I can't say that I know much about fentanyl specifically, but it sucks to hear that it's hitting home. The older I get, the more I notice that these decisions are impacting the lives of people I know more than I even realized. Are there even alternatives/equivalents for her?

  6. #5976
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,593
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Good thing we're stopping all those evil drug lords out to ruin our country...

    That's awful, man. I hate seeing this "drug war" affecting people that are even tangentially involved with my life, let alone the ones directly involved with it. I can't say that I know much about fentanyl specifically, but it sucks to hear that it's hitting home. The older I get, the more I notice that these decisions are impacting the lives of people I know more than I even realized. Are there even alternatives/equivalents for her?
    fentanyl is THE STRONGEST opiate.
    They have offered her MS-Contin or a morphine pump.
    Now I was on MS-Contin and it didn't seem to do anything. Of course, I'm a fucking ADDICT addict. I was looking for euphoria.
    Maybe it will work for her, but I'm not so sure.

    The other offer is an internal morphine pump, like, as in, inside the body. This is a great idea except for the logistics of it you know? All kinds of weird shit could happen.

    Used to, the alternative was hydromorphone. And even switching from fent to THAT is fucking rough; we've looked into it.
    But the DEA is going after that now too.

    Also, man, thank you so much for caring. It means a lot to me.

  7. #5977
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Posts
    500
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    When FNG (fuckin new guy) comes in and expects the multi-billion dollar system and the billion dollar ownership to change.

    I work at a Chrysler dealership in the parts department. We hired a new guy, he was an assistant manager at an O'Reilly auto parts. He said on numerous occasions that StarParts, Chrysler's parts catalog "just wont work" and that "this has to change" in regards to how the software operates. He also says that in regards to how things work at a dealership that is owned by an out-of-state corporation, expecting systems set in place by people that make his yearly salary in a month to bend to him. Everything is "Well, at O'Reilly we...." or "It wasn't like this at O'Reilly..." and shit like that. Well, motherfucker, this isn't O'Reilly, StarParts isn't changing for you, and corporate isn't changing their PTO and insurance signup paperwork for YOU. Go back to sending me wrong calipers and not knowing what grease seals are.

  8. #5978
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Hell's Bells
    Posts
    423
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm done with Stephen king's website. The moderator is a total bitch. I just got tired of her deleting my threads. I won't waste my time there anymore.

  9. #5979
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,534
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I'm done with Stephen king's website. The moderator is a total bitch. I just got tired of her deleting my threads. I won't waste my time there anymore.
    if you keep thinking other women are "bitches" and you keep being "done" with other forums because people are deleting your threads, maybe try to consider that you are the one with the issue? you have posted some pretty...unfriendly things here that have made me extremely uncomfortable, and i'm guessing you've done similar things on other forums you frequent. you tend to be abrasive and combative and i can understand why people woudn't want to put up with that somewhere that's meant to foster discussion.

  10. #5980
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    1,015
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I have a new office because I have a new job. I'm finding that one of my two officemates (it's not a big office either) does everything loudly. Type, talk, breathe. For Pete's sake, I'm going to have to get a set of noise-cancelling headphones or something. He just finished an almost two-hour phone call that was on speaker phone and I could barely concentrate to do anything. I gave up on several things and started training because at least that allowed me to put my computer headphones on but it still bled through.

    I'm the - to borrow a term - FNG here so I don't know what to do. I do know that I am ecstatic that he only works in the office two days a week, though.

  11. #5981
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    835
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So i should be posting my reaction/mini review for the anime film Mary and the Witches Flower (from the new team formed from former Studio Ghibli people)...should being the operative word!

    It was a one off one night only cinema screening of the Japanese film with subtitles, and the only London cinema showing it was an hours trip, but i was really looking forward to it so was happy to travel...unfortunately the company that was distributing the film to the cinema (and the rest of the cinemas showing it) FORGOT TO INCLUDE THE SUBTITLES! Also the cinema i was in was so fucking slow at even addressing the problem, the film had been playing for 30mins (with various people, myself inc, leaving to ask where the subtitles were) before they even said anything (they tried switching the film off and on again...seriously) before they offered everyone free popcorn and refunds so they could 're-book'...before the crowd reacted with angry as it was the ONLY SCREENING...

    Waste of 3 hours of my life inc travel...at least i have work off tomorrow and given the other things going on in my life this shouldn't really be a big deal...still annoyed though.

  12. #5982
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    pacific northwest
    Posts
    1,668
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    if you keep thinking other women are "bitches" and you keep being "done" with other forums because people are deleting your threads, maybe try to consider that you are the one with the issue? you have posted some pretty...unfriendly things here that have made me extremely uncomfortable, and i'm guessing you've done similar things on other forums you frequent. you tend to be abrasive and combative and i can understand why people woudn't want to put up with that somewhere that's meant to foster discussion.
    i don't think @Boots really *gets* being part of a message board. she doesn't engage in conversation even when quoted. she makes her odd, repetitive posts and that's that.

    on topic: james spader. he sucks, he's hideous, and he ruined the office (us).
    Last edited by kel; 04-10-2018 at 04:58 PM.

  13. #5983
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,534
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i don't think @Boots really *gets* being part of a message board. she doesn't engage in conversation even when quoted. she makes her odd, repetitive posts and that's that.

    on topic: james spader. he sucks, he's hideous, and he ruined the office (us).
    yeah, you're right.

    re: james spader - he's great in Stargate...and that's about it.

  14. #5984
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    6,575
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah, you're right.

    re: james spader - he's great in Stargate...and that's about it.
    What about sex, lies, & videotape, Crash (1996 film), Secretary?

  15. #5985
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,534
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    What about sex, lies, & videotape, Crash (1996 film), Secretary?
    whoops, i forgot about those three since i've only seen each once (and none for a long time). yeah, he's quite good in all of those.

  16. #5986
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cresskill, NJ
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've been fortunate enough to avoid ticketmaster for a long time. Tried to get tickets for an event for my sister and HOLY SHIT is that the worst version of their website ever. If you're going to recommend tickets for me to buy, due to the seats I selected being sold, reserve those tickets instead of continually bumping me back without allowing me to purchase anything, then kicking me back to the queue repeatedly. How, in 2018, is this system still so completely screwed up? I'd prefer their old system of "here's this random set of tickets we've reserved for you, want them or not"?

  17. #5987
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,775
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I learned something weird about myself tonight, which is I apparently totally hate expressing really deep feelings of admiration/affection outside of dynamics that aren't already well established. I don't even mean romantically. Oh no.

    The last time I experienced this was telling someone I loved them when I knew it wasn't mutual so I was like, of course that is supposed to be utterly unenjoyable. Well, turns out it wasn't the context so much as me just hating vulnerability paired with deep regard. Oh good.

  18. #5988
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,833
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    James Spader is unreal in The Blacklist. Literally the only reason I ran through that series on Netflix is because he is so incredibly captivating in that role.

    This Spader hate is Fake News.

  19. #5989
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,135
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Minneapolis just got buried in like a foot and a half of snow. Goddamnit, it's the middle of April. It's supposed to be spring for Christ's sake. And now I'm hearing another 8 inches on Wednesday??!!?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! This is wrong. This is morally wrong!!!

  20. #5990
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,833
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    James Spader is unreal in The Blacklist. Literally the only reason I ran through that series on Netflix is because he is so incredibly captivating in that role.

    This Spader hate is Fake News.
    Amen, he was fucking AWESOME in Boston Legal, omg, and any notion that he's not awesome pisses me off


  21. #5991
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    2,905
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Amen, he was fucking AWESOME in Boston Legal, omg, and any notion that he's not awesome pisses me off

    Netflix needs to get this show back. I didn't "discover" this until the original airings were almost done, but as soon as Netflix had it, I burned through the whole series. Feels like forever ago. I need a repeat viewing, damnit!

    (So, I guess the little thing that pisses me off is Netflix not having Boston Legal)

  22. #5992
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    pacific northwest
    Posts
    1,668
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    he's just so unattractive. to me, guys. no biggie.

  23. #5993
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,833
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Pisses me off: Libertarians

  24. #5994
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,634
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    regarding James Spader, yeah, he's one of those actors that always bugged me... and I can't put my finger on why that is. Same with Shia LaBoof and Brendan Frazer... or any of the actors on that show Friends (especially THAT guy). Or the guy on How I Met Your Mother who isn't Neil Patrick Harris, whatever his name is. It's not like there's anything concrete I can point to that bugs me... it's not like they're awful human beings, like Rob Schneider or James Woods...

    And now that I think about it, I'm realizing that there's no parallel for actresses who bother me in the same way.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-15-2018 at 08:19 PM.

  25. #5995
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,534
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    regarding James Spader, yeah, he's one of those actors that always bugged me... and I can't put my finger on why that is. Same with Shia LaBoof and Brendan Frazer... or any of the actors on that show Friends (especially THAT guy). Or the guy on How I Met Your Mother who isn't Neil Patrick Harris, whatever his name is. It's not like there's anything concrete I can point to that bugs me... it's not like they're awful human beings, like Rob Schneider or James Woods...

    And now that I think about it, I'm realizing that there's no parallel for actresses who bother me in the same way.
    what about roseanne? :/

    @allegro libertarians are basically republicans who don't want to admit they're republicans. "i want this for me and i don't want to help anyone else because i lack a basic understanding of human empathy."

  26. #5996
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,634
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    nah, I've now got reasons to dislike Roseanne... I really don't have a reason to hate Shia LaBoof.

  27. #5997
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,833
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    what about roseanne? :/

    @allegro libertarians are basically republicans who don't want to admit they're republicans. "i want this for me and i don't want to help anyone else because i lack a basic understanding of human empathy."
    Not really. Libertarians are generally fiscally conservative and socially liberal. See the Koch Brothers, want to legalize pot, are pro-choice, think the government should stay out of bedrooms, etc. But, the Koch Brothers are often (erroneously) seen as anti-civil rights, only because they end up giving money to candidates who DON'T support those things; this doesn't mean they support those candidates' views, but more because there aren't any true Libertarian candidates and these Republicans are the Libertarian's "lesser of their evils." It's why many Libertarians end up voting for Republicans, because the Libertarian candidate (like Gary Johnson) sucked, or they're afraid of wasting a vote.

    But, Libertarians piss me off because of the extent to which they want totally unregulated capitalism in this country, which has never been shown to work since the Industrial Revolution. Human GREED can never be trusted to be overcome, people can't be trusted to do "the right thing," otherwise we'd need NO laws (which of course is ridiculous). Severe Libertarians want SO few taxes that it's like they expect the country to operate on Monopoly money. Some of them still argue that the dollar and taxes aren't valid since we went off the gold standard, which is a bunch of CRAP. Gold is a substance with an arbitrary value, anyway; we could place a value on DIRT, too. Hey, fiscally, I'm with ya, let's AUDIT EVERYTHING! Let's hire private auditors and audit the auditors! Let's have auditors review the budgets! Let's get RID of baseline budgets! Fuck yeah! But they lose me on all the other shit.

    They piss me off.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-16-2018 at 03:09 PM.

  28. #5998
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,135
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    well, the libertarians took a serious beating this weekend in the trump thread. i thought it was hilarious how there were three long posts in a row just annihilating libertarianism. it was almost like a coordinated military attack.

  29. #5999
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,833
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    coordinated military attack.
    I see what you did, there ... LOL

  30. #6000
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,135
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Doing my taxes at midnight the day before they're due. Ugh. Stupid.

    It's especially dumb of me because I'm getting a pretty decent return, so I have everything to gain by doing them sooner.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions