Page 15 of 263 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Multiplayer reveals for video games are the dumbest shit ever sometimes.

NO WAY, the new Call of Duty is gonna have multiplayer??? WHOOOOOAAAAAA.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    That, and teaser trailers announcing upcoming trailers for the movie you want to fucking see a trailer for because you want to see the movie, ever since they revealed the teaser poster for the teaser trailer. It's annoying as fuck. Just give us a trailer, period. The wikipedia/imdb era has hyped so many movies into Earth-shattering, life changing events, resulting in people seeing things like "World War Z" and going "mehhhhhhhhhhh... It wasn't that great."

Also, see my EA rant in "What are you playing?" for my pissed off thing of today.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I know this is a lame thing to complain about, but I'm sick of unsolicited offers to introduce me to people who can really "jumpstart my career," followed by a long list of credentials that amount to something horrifying.

"Oh, I hear you make music! Well, you might not believe this, but my neighbor is good friends with the girl who blew the guy who does Justin Bieber's wardrobe, so you two should really meet. Who knows? Couldn't hurt, right?"

I know it's unacceptable to be flagrantly rude when people aggressively try to push their valuable "connections" on you, but you don't understand that not only is everything you're saying completely pointless and not going to go anywhere, but it's insulting. Just please take "no thank you" for an answer, and stop pushing it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I hate all the "Recommended Pages" on Facebook in my news feed. No, I'm not interested in Budweiser or dating sites for Christians/Mormons/Jews/senior citizens/Amish/farmers or official pages for political parties or shitty movies or your latest games or anything at all. If I want to "Like" something, I'll look for the official page myself. Stop shoving this shit in my face and telling me that I need to like it, because so far you haven't shown me one damn thing that I'm even remotely interested in.
    The most irritating part about it is the fact that there's no way to make it stop.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I know this is a lame thing to complain about, but I'm sick of unsolicited offers to introduce me to people who can really "jumpstart my career," followed by a long list of credentials that amount to something horrifying.

"Oh, I hear you make music! Well, you might not believe this, but my neighbor is good friends with the girl who blew the guy who does Justin Bieber's wardrobe, so you two should really meet. Who knows? Couldn't hurt, right?"

I know it's unacceptable to be flagrantly rude when people aggressively try to push their valuable "connections" on you, but you don't understand that not only is everything you're saying completely pointless and not going to go anywhere, but it's insulting. Just please take "no thank you" for an answer, and stop pushing it.
    I get this and people in completely different fields trying to give me unsolicited career advice. "Oh you work in film? You should totally use this technique I used to get a job in graphic design!" ehh, not really applicable to my field "but it can't hurt right?" ..right.

and then won't drop it!! ugh I'm doing fine without your shitty advice thanks.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Soo, saturday night dude barley preps anything, does not cut or cook any chicken or even thaw it out for the night service and decides to bounce at 6 on a saturday night. Basically fucking me and other dude as an hour later we ran clean out of chicken for our pastas, and the only other stuff we had was frozen solid. Now this guy had been here since 10am. Today after doing all my work and him coming in a half hour late i decide well shit im gonna leave one of the other guys is here for a big party in our banquet its monday things should be fine. Being the burn out i am i forget my music inside after i almost made a clean break. Coming in i hear my, gag, boss say thats bullshit. I said you wanna talk about it? He said something and i went and punched back in. He left shortly after. God this man is so afraid of confrontation unless you one of the servers he feels confident enough to call a cunt. Generally i think he's a decent dude if not also the worst manager i have ever had.

TLDR Dude gets to whateva, repeatedly even after being fired once, i try it and OMG THATS BULLSHIT!!! But is ok, i gots shit in the works only thing that bothers me about quiting is that fuck face will reap mad overtime once im gone. That is if i don't the infamous "YOUR FIRED" Text message that he employs when he needs to let someone go. For what its worth im gonna try and sit down with him next time i get a chance, cause i do like this place, or can see potential here, if only it had leadership. Won't do any good but maybe. Hopefully some of the prospects ive been looking into pay off.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 08-12-2013 at 08:04 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Musicians who use the "/" when they're promoting their latest project.

Example: The Terrible Bar Band (w/members of Blah/Boring/Has Beens)

You haven't been in that band for 10 years and no one cared about it back then either. Stop mentioning it.
    Last edited by Baphomette; 08-14-2013 at 02:56 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Bloody stupid iPad and bloody stupid Flow Free.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So, as some of you may remember, i recently lost my best friend, Jack the golden retriever to hemangiosarcoma (bone cancer, more specifically, cancer of the blood vessels in the bone). He was a purebred golden from a championship pedigree. i sent the following email to the breeder:

"Dear ******,

It comes with great sadness that I relay this message to you. Unfortunately, Jack was diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma, and was in terrible pain. Not wanting to extend his pain, we had him put down on July 24th at 4:27pm. I wanted to extend my thanks to you for allowing one of your dogs into my life. In all of my 24 years, he was the most loving and compassionate companion i had ever had, safe to say, he was my best friend. Again, thank you ****** for all of the wonderful memories.

Sincerly,
    Matt *****
    "

boom. harmless email extending thanks and ALSO letting a breeder know there in cancer in the bloodline, right?

WRONG.

Zip back to 2008. I post on facebook that i wasnt a fan of Obama in facebook. She blocks me on facebook, sending me a message that can be summarized as "YOU HATEFUL RACIST CONSERVATIVE WARHAWK PIECE OF SHIT, IF I KNEW YOU WERE SUCH A SHIT PERSON I WOULD HAVE NEVER GIVEN YOU THAT DOG." yeah. look, politics aside, bitch is crazy.

back to 2013. she responds with an email that i will summarize, because its seriously 10,000+ words long.

"Dear Matt,

Told you not to fix your dog before 1 year. Told you not to give him heartworm meds. you didnt even get a second and third opinion? why didnt you go through with treatment? you pretty much gave your dog cancer, bro. if you want another of my dogs, you gotta prove you arent a dipshit, and that you waited to fix him and didnt give him medications X, Y and Z.

im a bitch,
    "

wow. okay. like, ive had a rough life. ive watched my people friends die in front of me, ive quit heroin cold turkey, but i lose my dog and im a mess for a week. gloves are off bitch. my retort.

"Okay, look. i just wanted to thank you for the dog. i didint want another one. i can prove that i didnt get him fixed until 18 months, but 5 vets said heartworm meds are necessary for healthy and happy doggies. i didnt give him treatment because a 3 legged dog on chemo is not a happy dog. he is happy now. he has no pain now. im sorry i contacted you again."

oh boy. this gets good. her retort.

"YOU HATEFUL RACIST CONSERVATIVE WARHAWK PIECE OF SHIT, IF I KNEW YOU WERE SUCH A SHIT PERSON I WOULD HAVE NEVER GIVEN YOU THAT DOG."

sounds familiar? yep. been scheming with, not kidding, 10+ of my bros (possibly getting Andrew WK to help too) to make this bitch pay for being a bitch.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Those file download sites that only download at 50 KB/s on a 12 mbps line.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ Matt, some people just totally suck. Sorry about your best friend and for this following it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Matt that's horrible. After losing your dear dog, you have to read bile like that? I'm so sorry, and I'm sure your dog had a great life with you.
    Kids - they never want to tell you anything they're doing, but the minute you say you might not be there when they get back, they act shocked. Yeah I have a life too, rugrats (they're 23 and 19).

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    Kids - they never want to tell you anything they're doing, but the minute you say you might not be there when they get back, they act shocked. Yeah I have a life too, rugrats (they're 23 and 19).
    those aren't kids you know.

Matt - sorry about that breeder. Let it go and remember how much Jack loved you. Dogs are just great for that. Goldens the most. Love mine.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    those aren't kids you know.
    Haha on paper you are quite right but they sure are acting like it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I basically missed working on the main stage at Made in America by a pick from a hat. If I didn't have a gig on the other side of the country, I'd be standing on stage during NIN's set next weekend.

*sigh*

At least I also like the guys I'll be out working with, so it's not a total loss. But since NIN's not one of our clients, that's an extremely rare chance.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Buying a CCTV IP camera that took years to set up and doesn't even work!! REFUND!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Am I the only one in his mid-twenties that doesn't feel like going out anymore and partying all the time? On weekends it seems like there's no other thing to do, at least for my friends.. everyone's getting drunk all the time and it pisses me off because I feel like I'm missing out on something.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    Am I the only one in his mid-twenties that doesn't feel like going out anymore and partying all the time? On weekends it seems like there's no other thing to do, at least for my friends.. everyone's getting drunk all the time and it pisses me off because I feel like I'm missing out on something.
    i'm 28 and i'm definitely over the whole partying thing (and have been for a few years). I'd much rather go to museums and the theatre than stay out late drinking.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    I never got into that scene myself and it was sort of annoying every time I got strange looks and reactions whenever I admitted that I wasn't into going to clubs and bars in my early 20s. I was always a bit of a recluse since my childhood anyway, nor was I ever a good dancer, which is why I stopped being interested in dancing. Your post just reminded me of that. I'm also not a teetotaller as of now, but I always disliked being pressured to drink. I also suppose that you can say that I'm currently over it at this point, considering how my 20s are almost over.

As for what I came here to originally post, I really dislike it when I get blamed and accused for ignoring people just because I'm quiet or reserved, even when I make a point to respond to others without looking bored or annoyed, or speaking so I don't lose my train of thought. I find it to be more disappointing and upsetting than aggravating and irritating though. On the other hand, I'm also aware that I need to work on holding my thoughts in a spoken conversation because it is very easy to make it look like you're talking over people, or ignoring their points even when those aren't even your intentions to start with. Heck, I even came across as pushy without even realizing it.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 08-24-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I really hate how common place it is in America to use the word "retarded".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Those motherfuckers who take out their fucking phone out in the middle of a movie with their bloody bright screen in front of me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    when your drunken friend wants to get outfit advice and ends up talking your ear off when you're trying to a: skype call with significant other and b: trying to get your fucking crim pro readings done. go. away.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Also, what really piss me off is the fact that Ben Affleck is going to be the new Batman, I mean, what the fuck, Ben? You already won an Oscar and now you want to be The Fucking Batman? Nah, man.

Josh Brolin would have been my most suitable option.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    People caring at all about Batman. Ever.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Being so exhausted that all I want to do is go to bed but I can't because I have to cook and eat dinner and do laundry. Ugh.

I literally got only about two hours of sleep last night. It's hitting me now big time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's a huge chemical weapons ordeal in Syria and everyone I know is talking about Batman and Ben Affleck. Fuck society.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCmuse View Post
    There's a huge chemical weapons ordeal in Syria and everyone I know is talking about Batman and Ben Affleck. Fuck society.
    It's not that I only care about Batman, but this thread name is "The little things that piss you off", and I think that chemical weapons should be 'The big things that piss you off.'

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    It's not that I only care about Batman, but this thread name is "The little things that piss you off", and I think that chemical weapons should be 'The big things that piss you off.'
    I wasn't necessarily talking about you but if you feel the need to defend yourself, go ahead.

Also, I never mentioned the chemical weapons as a little thing that pissed me off, I was more talking about people's perception of said events and their acknowledgement of certain news in the media. Don't get smart just because you feel I may have targeted you in some way.

Edit: I apologise if I came across as rude, it's not usually how I roll.
    Last edited by JamesCmuse; 08-25-2013 at 11:00 AM. Reason: I may have been a bit over the top

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So I've been waiting for a torrent to dl for almost 30 mins, so I check the client and behold, I hadn't OK'd the dl.

1:st world problems are problems too dammit.