Page 81 of 263 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i loved the book but i haven't seen the movie yet. i was 100% fine with the casting of hazel grace (basically looks exactly how i imagined her) but i was not happy with who they chose for august at all.
    i read the book twice. shaliene was PERFECT as hazel, but i get it. there was a smugness to big screen gus that felt off.

still, we bawled and bawled.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    isn't that a young-adult-novel movie?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    is "non-gender" a version of "gender neutral" or literally meaning without gender?
    either way, that is fairly separate from sexuality and should certainly have no bearing on whether or not YOU pursue sexual relationships, as long as you do it in a courteous and responsible manner, given the fact that you're roommates.

i'm sorry
    I meant to replace that with asexual/agender, guess I will do that now. But last night (N) came into my room in an anti-anxiety drug and advil PM induced haze and apologized profusely while simultaneously falling asleep on my floor which was pretty comical because (N) doesn't like to touch carpets.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    i read the book twice. shaliene was PERFECT as hazel, but i get it. there was a smugness to big screen gus that felt off.

still, we bawled and bawled.
    Wasn't that movie/book basically "my girl 2014"?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    isn't that a young-adult-novel movie?
    there's a reason so many people (adults included) are into young adult novels these days. i never grew out of reading them, honestly.
    i was reading bradbury and asimov when i was 10 and then when i hit junior high i discovered the YA section and became obsessed with francesca lia block because she made me feel safe.
    i still read plenty of regular novels, but there's something about YA fiction that just resonates with me differently...i read a great article about this very thing a month ago. if i can find it again i'll post it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    There's good stuff under the YA banner nowadays.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I'm not attacking it in any way, I just didn't know that there was any reason to look into it. I've actually been meaning to look into at least one of these YA books that's been getting hype recently, because I'm always curious as to what's attracting new readers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A small 2hr waste of time:

Being told that I have to attend a mandatory webinar for something that I don't even handle in my job.

Currently lost trying to figure out what this is even talking about.

Edit: eh, at least it's cute to hear people speaking in Southern (US) accents, being in California, I don't hear them that often...
    Last edited by Throw_it_away9; 11-21-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm not attacking it in any way, I just didn't know that there was any reason to look into it. I've actually been meaning to look into at least one of these YA books that's been getting hype recently, because I'm always curious as to what's attracting new readers.
    It got a really good reviews outside of the YA genre so I think you had more older folk read it. I bought it, read a bit and dropped it. It pisses me off that I occasionally have a hard time getting into books. I need to be more disciplined.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Wasn't that movie/book basically "my girl 2014"?
    no.

ten characters.

(i looked at the word "characters" for a good 30 seconds until it looked totally misspelled and downright foreign. that's definitely a little thing that pisses me off.)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    @johnbron left Facebook (again).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    my moneyz keep dissapearing. ughzorz

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Why are magazines and publishers tweeting over the weekend and at night?
    This really bums me out for some reason.
    No rest no pause from work work work work work. And it's clearly the interns and the employees at the bottom of the hierarchy doing this endless microlabor.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Ah, the increased leg pains during the winter cold have arrived. Joy of joys.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Lots of little things have been happening here and there/going wrong and just stressing me out. And I really fucked up with taking my pill this week, so my hormones are out of whack.

Had a shitty conversation with my boyfriend last night, we've had several of those lately, he has yet to like say something to me today, preferably something nice, and then noticed another thing that went wrong at work, so I'm trying to fix that now from home, and fuck. Can things just be good for a while?
    Last edited by playwithfire; 11-23-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    My cousin and her husband were set to adopt a child last week. They had been working with the birth mother for months. They have paid out of the ass. When the kid was born, she changed her mind. GTFO.

They already have one adopted child. They're really great parents, so this is such bullshit.
    Last edited by Sarah K; 11-24-2014 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Are they at least getting their money back?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Nope. I dunno how much they put into this one. But their first adoption was about $15k.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Well, you can't technically "pay for" a child, since that's is "slavery" which is all kinds of illegal so usually the money that was put toward the "service fee" for that child gets applied toward another child.

That's always a risk of adopting, the birth mother always gets to change her mind and it happens a lot more than people realize, it's a very emotional decision.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yeah, I know you can't technically buy a kid. But at the end of that day, that's basically all it is.

Hopefully that is the case, and they can put it towards a different one. The way she describes it right now, they're just fucked.

Meanwhile, I have a cousin on the other side of my family who has 5 children, and he takes care of exactly zero of them.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Yeah, I know you can't technically buy a kid. But at the end of that day, that's basically all it is.

Hopefully that is the case, and they can put it towards a different one. The way she describes it right now, they're just fucked.

Meanwhile, I have a cousin on the other side of my family who has 5 children, and he takes care of exactly zero of them.
    Yeah, it's true that at the end of the day, they just call the "fee" for a kid something other than buying a kid, and it's bullshit. But it's really just a adoption service fee to the agency (if they're using an agency) and the Mom gets her medical costs covered but she doesn't get money for her kid, per se. Because THAT really IS slavery. You can get money for surrogate services because that's carrying the kid for 9 months which is different and in that case you can't change your mind. Anyway, I hope the agency applies the fee to another child.

And, yeah, most parents poop out kids but should take a parent test, first.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Pictures of small childer in peoples' online profiles, like "this is the best thing I have ever done and my life is practically over". Yeah, because to have a child is soo rare and almost no-one is able to do that, right... Also hate that "you don't know shit about anything because you don't have children" attitude.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Do you think cockroaches do that too? "Aww, it has your nose!"

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Also, babies are ugly as fuck and they all look the same until they're like 6 months old. Haha.

While I understand being happy and such during the moment, please do not try to convince me that they are cute. :|

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Also, babies are ugly as fuck and they all look the same until they're like 6 months old. Haha.

While I understand being happy and such during the moment, please do not try to convince me that they are cute. :|
    They look like little aliens whose heads and necks don't work so they just flop around for the first few months.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    My social awkwardness and less than "normal" personality piss me off when I try to meet girls. On the few occasions where I'm fully comfortable talking to someone of the female sex and it seems promising, she's either too young, already taken or just not interested because I'm not proper boyfriend material (which is all on me, not a bullshit excuse or complaint against women who aren't interested in me). If I knew how to "fix" myself to make me more socially and romantically acceptable, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I'm at a complete loss and any ideas I have go out the window when I open my mouth because my brain spazzes out and shuts down like Internet Explorer.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    my wife is fucking addicted to a goddamn mmorpg.
    All she wants to do is play it. 24-7 just staring at her laptop.

i asked her to try to limit it to 4 hours a day, but it isn't happening.

and this leads to fucked off situations like her asking me permission to play it. Straight faced and serious...no sarcasm.
    and then i feel like a tool.

it's fucking driving me crazy y'all.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    any ideas I have go out the window when I open my mouth because my brain spazzes out and shuts down like Internet Explorer.
    Internet Explorer is way more reliable than my brain in public.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    If I knew how to "fix" myself
    if i could fix myself i'd...
    but it's too late for me!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    last night, i threw up a dinner that i had enjoyed eating. in the shower. it was disgusting.

now i have to drive to my parents' and then out to aurora (instead of just driving straight to aurora because my dad is insistent that we only take one car; it's going to take me a total of about 2 hours) to take down and re-hang 11 TVs. not really feeling up to that at all but i need the work because i need the money.