Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    mosquitoes and biting things

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    NYC's rent prices.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Get roommate + pick the neighborhood carefully. My half of the rent is only $600 and my place is pretty excellent. You can really luck out. Also, check padmapper and nonsensenyc's rent listings.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I'm doing my best to go out and meet folks right now, so that when I get more serious about moving, I will have people who might actually be open to it. Haha...

I was in an awful situation a few months back, and I ended up in a shithole. But I was desperate, and the dude was willing to let me defer rent until I started working. I'm thankful that I found a place. But it's so awful. These children downstairs are always screaming, and I have no kitchen access, etc. Now that I have my plane tickets purchased for my visit home this summer, I want to start looking a little more seriously.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Maybe it's being the sober guy at the bar, but jesus, what I watched happen tonight was just miserably awful.

This girl stumbles outside, careens into me and a few other things, and then passes out in this guy's lap and basically starts giving him a hand job. I stood there for a moment (just hoping this would stop) before yelling out "hey? What the fuck?!"

The guy glares at me, and I don't know if I'm breaking some bullshit "bro code," but if an unconscious girl is jacking you off that's fucked up and I'm about a second away from breaking your jaw. So I tried to intervene and get her into a taxi to take her home, and the bouncer pulls me aside and says "I appreciate what you're trying to do but.... it doesn't matter. She's coherent enough, she's going to make her decisions, let her make up her own mind."

She was babbling in an incoherent language! She was tugging on some complete stranger's dick while her eyes were rolled up in the back of her head! I'm not exaggerating..... this was horrible.

So I sat there, watched her basically publicly jack this guy off, then run over and make out with the bartender for a bit, and then jump (actually, more like drunkenly slither) into a taxi with the guy she was jerking off.

Fuck the bouncer at this club. I don't believe you when you tell me that "I think it's really great that you're looking out for her, but I know this girl." Fuck you. I don't care if you've encountered this before and so therefore you think that you "know" her. I don't care if you think she's a slut. I don't care what you think. That girl was practically unconscious, and you let her jump in a car with some guy she met while speaking some alien blather language. Fuck you, fuck him, fuck her, fuck all of this.

I don't even know how I'm supposed to feel, but I feel like shit, and I think I could have done something more. I didn't, and I think it's going to haunt me

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Maybe it's being the sober guy at the bar, but jesus, what I watched happen tonight was just miserably awful.

This girl stumbles outside, careens into me and a few other things, and then passes out in this guy's lap and basically starts giving him a hand job. I stood there for a moment (just hoping this would stop) before yelling out "hey? What the fuck?!"

The guy glares at me, and I don't know if I'm breaking some bullshit "bro code," but if an unconscious girl is jacking you off that's fucked up and I'm about a second away from breaking your jaw. So I tried to intervene and get her into a taxi to take her home, and the bouncer pulls me aside and says "I appreciate what you're trying to do but.... it doesn't matter. She's coherent enough, she's going to make her decisions, let her make up her own mind."

She was babbling in an incoherent language! She was tugging on some complete stranger's dick while her eyes were rolled up in the back of her head! I'm not exaggerating..... this was horrible.

So I sat there, watched her basically publicly jack this guy off, then run over and make out with the bartender for a bit, and then jump (actually, more like drunkenly slither) into a taxi with the guy she was jerking off.

Fuck the bouncer at this club. I don't believe you when you tell me that "I think it's really great that you're looking out for her, but I know this girl." Fuck you. I don't care if you've encountered this before and so therefore you think that you "know" her. I don't care if you think she's a slut. I don't care what you think. That girl was practically unconscious, and you let her jump in a car with some guy she met while speaking some alien blather language. Fuck you, fuck him, fuck her, fuck all of this.

I don't even know how I'm supposed to feel, but I feel like shit, and I think I could have done something more. I didn't, and I think it's going to haunt me
    Don't let it haunt you. It's shitty, but sadly enough, it happens a lot. Sometimes it's not as bad as it looks though, I've seen a few of my friends get the same way with their girl/boyfriends, and to an outsider it would look awful but it's just par for the course, and their friends don't say anything because it's awkward and embarrassing and they're used to this stupid shit happening.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    You should have put her other hand to use. Nowa'umsayin'?

Note: wasn't being serious.
    Last edited by Ryan; 04-25-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Don't let it haunt you. It's shitty, but sadly enough, it happens a lot. Sometimes it's not as bad as it looks though, I've seen a few of my friends get the same way with their girl/boyfriends, and to an outsider it would look awful but it's just par for the course, and their friends don't say anything because it's awkward and embarrassing and they're used to this stupid shit happening.
    If that was her boyfriend, i'd say fine. I could have an opinion on it and whatever, but still that's a totally different thing. This was some random guy she basically drunkenly collapsed on, went auto-pilot on, and he was a fucking loser who thought it was his lucky day. It was a few degrees removed from watching the scene from The Accused play out in front of me.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @Jinsai you're a good man, and at least you tried. it's way more than most people would have done. rape culture is so pervasive in our society that it's commonplace for people like the bouncer (who is supposed to help & protect people) to turn a blind eye like that, and it's really upsetting. but i think you can rest easy knowing that you at least put forth some effort into stopping the situation.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    That's really fucked up. And sadly, super common.

The bouncer, who is supposed to make sure everyone is safe and following laws not only ignores it, but encourages it.

Sigh.

But you're awesome for at least saying something. The vast majority of guys never would.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    That's really fucked up. And sadly, super common.

The bouncer, who is supposed to make sure everyone is safe and following laws not only ignores it, but encourages it.

Sigh.

But you're awesome for at least saying something. The vast majority of guys never would.
    Vast majority? Really?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Hell, not guys... people.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Vast majority? Really?
    the amount of people who regularly turn a blind eye to things like that, which are easily avoidable with the smallest bit of intervention, is astounding.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    That's why I'm glad this was front page news

http://epaper.bostonglobe.com/epaper...5-3487f688e838

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    ....and on a completely different note, this is bullshit

This is Tinder, not eHarmony or Christian Mingle. It's not a "dating site." It's a "hey, wanna fuck?" app, and she knows that. You want to make an "artistic" point by getting guys to send lewd messages to you on Tinder? Come on.

Yes, if you're a woman and you go on Tinder, men will send you lewd and sexually explicit invitations. That's the point. Guess what? If you're a guy and you go on Tinder, women will send you objectifying messages too. They'll ask you for naked pictures, how big your dick is, etc. Men get objectified on Tinder too. Boo fucking hoo.

What makes this smug article even more irritating is the Facebook feed comments. Bullshit like "haha! So funny, men can dish it out but they can't take it!" What? Where was there an example here of some guy being unable to handle an aggressive proposition that objectified him sexually?

Anna Gensler, you're a shitty "artist" and a feminist's worst nightmare.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    ....and on a completely different note, this is bullshit

This is Tinder, not eHarmony or Christian Mingle. It's not a "dating site." It's a "hey, wanna fuck?" app, and she knows that. You want to make an "artistic" point by getting guys to send lewd messages to you on Tinder? Come on.

Yes, if you're a woman and you go on Tinder, men will send you lewd and sexually explicit invitations. That's the point. Guess what? If you're a guy and you go on Tinder, women will send you objectifying messages too. They'll ask you for naked pictures, how big your dick is, etc. Men get objectified on Tinder too. Boo fucking hoo.

What makes this smug article even more irritating is the Facebook feed comments. Bullshit like "haha! So funny, men can dish it out but they can't take it!" What? Where was there an example here of some guy being unable to handle an aggressive proposition that objectified him sexually?

Anna Gensler, you're a shitty "artist" and a feminist's worst nightmare.
    i agree with you 100%

but

the drawings are HILARIOUSLY bad

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    And I'm homeless...

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    And I'm homeless...
    What?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    And I'm homeless...
    Oh no!!! :-(

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I hate money/finances. Don't get me wrong, I'm getting better at managing my income, but for fuck's sake. It seems that it never ends with just getting a little ahead, then something comes up and fucks up my plan. As it stands, I guess I'm only 7 months into making "real" money (aka not shlepping along on my stipend from being a graduate assistant), but it seems that after about 3 months, any little savings I accrue gets jettisoned out to cover something that I had no plan for. Ugh.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Not being able to take a dump. Seriously.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Eat some sugar free candy.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Is that because you are constipated? Eat lots of fiber. It will greatly improve the quality of your life, not just the shitting.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Not being able to take a dump. Seriously.
    ugh, talk to my fiancee. about 50% of the reason our sex life is so sporadic is because she always feels like she needs to go, but can't. IT'S THE WORST.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Is that because you are constipated? Eat lots of fiber. It will greatly improve the quality of your life, not just the shitting.
    No, I'm not constipated. I just can't take a shit. It pisses me off to no end. I've tried everything: fiber, flax seed, Swisd Kriss, you name it. Nothing works except for alcohol or caffiene; even that is a hit or miss. I've been to the doctor for several years. All of my doctors tell me, "Sucks for you." I have an enlarged liver, so I don't know if that attributes to my lack of shitting or what. For all if you who shits regularly, I'm jealous.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    No, I'm not constipated. I just can't take a shit. It pisses me off to no end. I've tried everything: fiber, flax seed, Swisd Kriss, you name it. Nothing works except for alcohol or caffiene; even that is a hit or miss. I've been to the doctor for several years. All of my doctors tell me, "Sucks for you." I have an enlarged liver, so I don't know if that attributes to my lack of shitting or what. For all if you who shits regularly, I'm jealous.
    Man... that's awful. I feel terrible when I don't have my second shit of the day!! I feel lucky now that I even get one. My go to for constipation is just A LOT OF WATER! Drink two glasses ever 30 minutes or something, until you feel things moving. Also, "gentle laxatives".

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Nothing helps me. I am just happy if I take a healthy shit once a week. So, essentially, I'm full of shit.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Nothing helps me. I am just happy if I take a healthy shit once a week. So, essentially, I'm full of shit.
    Don't you feel terribly bloated? I agree with @halloween . Water - lots of it. And movement. As much as you can get. Walk everywhere.
    Last edited by Dra508; 04-30-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I am no doctor, but I'd add eating lots of fresh fruit and vegetables every day to what the others have said: salad, apples, carrots, oranges, sweet potatoes, broccoli, zucchini, beans, lentils, humus, basically anything that is mostly fiber. Cut down on pasta, it's a notorious blocker. Eggs also sometimes block me the fuck up, and chocolate can be bad too.