Page 35 of 263 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Nobody needs to eat meat, especially in the West. It's purely pleasure at this point.
    Killing a pig, cow, chicken or turkey after a short life living in the dark in its own shit for your pleasure is fine. Or even a happy "free range" life in the meadows. All fine.
    But killing or torturing a dog or cat for your pleasure is an outrage.
    It's only habit that makes us think one is OK and the other is not.
    In Asia they eat dogs, cats: "we" think that's barbaric.
    There is no tenable argument that one is OK and the other is not.
    Killing an animal is killing an animal. We don't need to kill any of them. We do it because we want to and because we can. And then to keep our consciences clean we abhor those who kill the wrong animals for the wrong reasons.
    I have more respect for meat eaters who admit "yes, I eat meat because I like the taste; sorry animals" than those who hide behind rationalizations that don't hold.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 03-07-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I never said one is ok, and the other is not. They are just different. You don't see the differences, or choose to ignore them, and that's fine. But the irony is that your attitude and the way you are acting towards the situation, is actually shameful and hurtful towards animals because your like well ok I can't save them all so who cares then... be a monster or don't be, but there is no half way line. I don't think you live in the real world, and your expectation that every person in the west becomes a vegetarian is just unreasonable and unfeasible. You are better off to accept that and try to make positive changes, instead of just being a bitter dick, putting your head in the sand and saying ignorant shit like killing an animal for fun is the same as killing as animal for food. One is evidence of a psychopath, the other is evidence of someone being hungry.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    That you think I'm somehow arguing that violence to pets is acceptable suggests to me how attached you are to the notion that eating meat is a nonviolent act that has something to do with hunger. You'd rather see me as someone who thinks it's OK to kill animals than yourself as someone who pays other people to do it - in part so you don't even have to think about it.
    It's not just a question of habit, or tradition: there's a multibillion-dollar industry that works very hard to ensure that we view meat-eating as a normal, harmless act.
    If you are hungry may I suggest you eat an apple, a granola bar, some humus ETC
    Regarding positive changes: I can't influence psychopaths. But I can choose not to eat meat.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    It has nothing to do with my attachment for meat, it simply shows me responding to your original point; that meat eaters are somehow not allowed to upset by pyschopathic acts. Of course they are. And it's not hypocritical to be either.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I knew that I couldn't and wouldn't just let this go: When people always expect you to accept or tolerate all their friends, relatives and lovers, especially when it's been proven that you just don't click. I just don't have the patience or the tolerance for that. If I had a friend that disliked another friend, I would always do my best to make sure that they don't cross paths instead of being an inconsiderate douche that thinks and assumes that everybody will just magically get along just because they're friends with me.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-09-2014 at 04:17 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    In other words, I generally can't stand being accused of doing things that I didn't do.
    "In other words"? Why bring language into it, then, if this is actually the point you're trying to make?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I'm sorry. I think I really messed up there. I didn't mean to cause any trouble and I apologize. It wasn't even necessary to bring that up, and I was angry and went against my better judgement. This reminds me why I should just chill out and even stay out of this thread.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I'm sorry. I think I really messed up there. I didn't mean to cause any trouble and I apologize. It wasn't even necessary to bring that up, and I was angry and went against my better judgement. This reminds me why I should just chill out and even stay out of this thread.
    You need to unplug from the internet for a little while.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    If only someone had said that to him about 50 uselessly started threads ago.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    fucking daylight savings time I fucking hate you so fucking much!

Take away the inconvenience and increased risk of heart attack, my biggest issue is just that it MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE. Every claim it had to being a beneficial consideration has been scientifically disproven. CAN WE PLEASE hurry the fuck up and stop doing this?!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    fucking daylight savings time I fucking hate you so fucking much!

Take away the inconvenience and increased risk of heart attack, my biggest issue is just that it MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE. Every claim it had to being a beneficial consideration has been scientifically disproven. CAN WE PLEASE hurry the fuck up and stop doing this?!
    also REALLY fucks up scheduled cat feeding...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

second fucking flat tire this winter. the city of chicago is a fucking mess.
    the pothole was the size of the entire lane so it was literally a choice between knowing i was going to get a flat tire, or ramming into the guy next to me.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    OK i finally had the balls to post a couple of tunes here...to NO reaction from you guys!
    Check it out and tell me you like it, tell me you hate it and why, i don't care!
    I know the production is bad and the electronics on the first track are dated, but i'm still proud of the tracks.
    They will DEFINITELY be re-recorded. Think of those videos as rough drafts.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Being down town during any of the pub crawls... Thankfully I don’t live in the area anymore.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    OK i finally had the balls to post a couple of tunes here...to NO reaction from you guys!
    Check it out and tell me you like it, tell me you hate it and why, i don't care!
    I know the production is bad and the electronics on the first track are dated, but i'm still proud of the tracks.
    They will DEFINITELY be re-recorded. Think of those videos as rough drafts.
    I enjoyed Heart and Mind quite a lot, great job on those synths, kind of gives it a classic industrial feel to the whole thing. But Last Dance hasn't really clicked with me. Your guitar playing seems to be a bit muffled compared to your voice, I may be able to get into it once it's re-recorded.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post
    I enjoyed Heart and Mind quite a lot, great job on those synths, kind of gives it a classic industrial feel to the whole thing. But Last Dance hasn't really clicked with me. Your guitar playing seems to be a bit muffled compared to your voice, I may be able to get into it once it's re-recorded.
    HOLY shit, thank you!!
    Yeah, the recording on "last dance" is fucking terrible.
    but THANK you, @GlitchyFlame , for watching!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I love NYC dearly, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else, but fuck, WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO TAKE SO MUCH TIME TO GET TO EVERYWHERE. Everything takes like an hour by train. I'm used to it, but it's still annoying sometimes.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    I love NYC dearly, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else, but fuck, WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO TAKE SO MUCH TIME TO GET TO EVERYWHERE. Everything takes like an hour by train. I'm used to it, but it's still annoying sometimes.
    Vancouver is SO much smaller than NYC, but I still have to make sure I get up over an hour before I have to be at work. Thanks, 20 Downtown bus, thanks for sucking.

Also, if I'm working at night, I always hope we're back at the shop and done by 3:00am, because the last bus goes by at about 3:20. HAAAAAAATE that shit.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Reading articles and stuff online is getting to be SUCH A PAIN. Just show me the story. I couldn't care less about the stories you think are related to that one, or the dumb slideshow that has almost absolutely nothing to do with the article, or other stories posted today, or anything else that unnecessarily sucks up bandwidth or takes more time to load the one page - ESPECIALLY when that shit bumps down/up the story text as I'm reading it, or automatically jumps me up to the top of the page every time some page element loads up. If I want to see all the other bullshit you posted have posted, I'll simply go back to the home page or search for it.

Also, automatically-expanding AND -CONTRACTING advertisements. I hope whoever came up with that idea feels really proud.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I'm sure it has been said before, but what really pisses me off are people who chew with an open mouth. If you do this and you are:
    - a boy, then you are a fucking barbarian
    - a girl, then you are a disgrace to your gender

It's fucking annoying, and the only reasonable excuse I could accept is if you come from an illiterate family, where no one knows better. Even then I have the moral problem whether I should make you aware of your butchering or not and if yes, how?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    I'm sure it has been said before, but what really pisses me off are people who chew with an open mouth. If you do this and you are:
    - a boy, then you are a fucking barbarian
    - a girl, then you are a disgrace to your gender

It's fucking annoying, and the only reasonable excuse I could accept is if you come from an illiterate family, where no one knows better. Even then I have the moral problem whether I should make you aware of your butchering or not and if yes, how?
    a) what the hell does gender have to do with it?
    b) what if you're like me and have chronic sinus issues and can almost never breathe out of your nose? should i suffocate while trying to eat my dinner?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    a) what the hell does gender have to do with it?
    b) what if you're like me and have chronic sinus issues and can almost never breathe out of your nose? should i suffocate while trying to eat my dinner?
    a.) I'm not sure if it's some kind of a feminist trap, but anyway, there are many things that are tolerated by boys, but not girls, and vice versa. A boy should not wear a skirt, and a girl should not behave like an animal. I'm not talking about princes and princesses, but everyone should have some class, which means different things to each genders.

b.) I'm not familiar with your condition, but if there are ways to make it less stressful to your body, like chewing smaller portions at once, enabling you to eat properly, then I think you should do it, if you are not alone (or around your SO, who probably loves every portion of you anyway). I think it's a two way thing: it should obviosly be accepted, if you can't do anything about it, but if you can, then you should also consider not dancing on someone's nerves.

And you see, it's a great example of "how to bring it up?". If I were to ask you to close your mouth, and then you told me about your condition, I'd be considered the anti-christ, when in reality I just wanted to ask you to stop doing something god-awfully annoying, which is far from nitpicking.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    My dad has this tendency to chew with his mouth open, and asking him to knock it off doesn’t help. (As far as I know he doesn’t have a sinus condition to blame.) Sigh.

I don’t know if I’m just super sensitive or what, but it feels like being whacked repeatedly with a newspaper. If I were a cat there would be blood everywhere.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    a.) I'm not sure if it's some kind of a feminist trap, but anyway, there are many things that are tolerated by boys, but not girls, and vice versa. A boy should not wear a skirt, and a girl should not behave like an animal. I'm not talking about princes and princesses, but everyone should have some class, which means different things to each genders.
    You are the reason why I march at Pride.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I hate allergies. That crap's been ruining my existence since I was born. I can't enjoy nice weather since everywhere I go,there is something that will cause my nose to start expelling liquid mucus like goddamn water, ruining everything that's below my nose in the process. Can't use contacts due to excessive crying and I can't stop sneezing. This fucking sucks.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    You are the reason why I march at Pride.
    You are keen to fart and barf in public; wear boxers; be considered sexy when you are ripped as fuck; refuse breastfeeding and giving birth; work at construction sites 10 hours a day 6 days a week for barely more than the minimal wage; open the door for me; not whine if a man punches you in the face; work in mines; not being preferred to get custody of your children; ... and of course, chew with an open mouth, because no one is allowed to take your freedom to look and behave like a horse when you are eating. Marvelous.
    -------------

In other news, there's a man at the gym whose breath stinks. Very very much. I have to go upstairs/downstairs depending where he is, because otherwise I'd suffocate. No one seems to tell him, but you can see it on ppl's faces that they are at the edge of puking. It's dusgusting, but I'm not sure if anyone could do sth about this situation. I see that he's always chewing gum, but frankly, I could never smell it, lol. It has to be some kind of a sickness, because it's like something has died in his mouth and has been rotting for a decade.

Maybe I'm living in wonderland but I can't believe he can't reduce the smell. At least come Tue/Thur/Sat, since most of the ppl come Mon/Wed/Fri. Self-awareness should be taught in schools instead of drug-prevention. The latter never stopped anyone to try drugs anyway.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    WOW. I posted at the same time Volband did and missed out on that incredibleness.

Eh, there's a difference between chewing with your mouth open and making weird smacking and squelching noises the whole way. BUT THAT'S NOT WHY I'M POSTING REALLY.

eversonpoe: some kind of feminist trap

SO GOOD SOOOOO GOOD

brb disgracing my gender

ANYWAY: Let me take a crack at this.

Fart and barf in public? Didn't know men could do that without consequence. Be considered sexy when ripped as fuck? Oh HELL YES. Refuse breastfeeding and giving birth? You're goddamn right. Work at construction 10 hours a day, 6 days a week for barely minimum wage? Well, retail seems to be the more typical option for me in this arena, but since I'm ripped as fuck I could probably take on this other shitty work option. Good thing my gender frequently makes less than men so that I'm given the edge when it comes to skirting around the minimum wage mark. Not being preferred to get custody of your children? Well, I have 0 plans to reproduce, but I guess given that sexism hurts us all and the consideration of women as the "real" child-rearer oppresses everyone, I guess this isn't new to me. Chew with an open mouth? Oh man, RELIEVED I'm only being a (sexy ripped) barbarian and not a terrible woman. Y'all form a sexy orderly line, please.
    Last edited by playwithfire; 03-18-2014 at 10:57 AM. Reason: OH MY GOD THE POST ABOVE ME

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Why do you make fun of "feminist trap", when so far the reactions proving exactly that, rofl. All I meant initially is that a woman should have same class (same goes for men, but there are differences), and you two turn it into some whining-fest. Do you (or did you) spend X amount of time to correct your face in front of the mirror every morning and/or before "partys"? Because if your answer is yes, then what the hell are we even talking about?

The little thing that pisses me off are pretentious people, cuz yes girl, you do use make ups, yes girl, you don't fart and laugh about it, yes girl, you won't ever work your ass off in such a physically challenging area, yes girl, people will eww behind your back if you get ripped as fuck (even if that's your job!), yes girl, even if you don't plan to have children, your female friends WILL get the custody if things come to that (unless they are crack addicts or some shit), and yes girl, if you can, you do close your mouth when you chew, because 1.) it's common manners, 2.) society "demands" women to stay closer to these manners than men. Is it right? It can be - and maybe should be - argued, but it is how it is. Obviously, there are always exceptions, so don't even start with "I know a girl who doesn't use any make up!", because it doesn't prove anything.

And nowhere did I imply that I hold the female sex any less than mine. It's a different world for them with different challenges. Maybe we are the lucky ones to be expected to deal with hoarding bricks, instead of dealing the stuff you have to deal with, again, it could be debated, but what you two are doing is just - to make a pun - bitching.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I find the phrase delightful. I'm not exactly making fun of it so much as just being really amused by it.

Supposed heteronormative standards deserve to be challenged, not accepted as the world we all live in. I choose to post contradictory stuff because even today a lot of that is becoming increasingly irrelevant. It hurts EVERYBODY. I didn't challenge your comments on female custody because I know it's true, but it just reflects the sad way that we live out of balance. I close my mouth when I chew because of manners, yes, but not due to any feminine expectations. No matter what your body is, someone will and won't find it sexy. I have met female construction workers. There are exceptions to every "rule" but people are objecting to your choice to incorrectly and unnecessarily gender (and support the stereotype around it) a topic that didn't call for it. It's chewing food.

There are different challenges, but those challenges are more changeable and complex then most people give credit to, and that imposed difference isn't a thing that needs to be embraced.
    Last edited by playwithfire; 03-18-2014 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Just got unsolicited confirmation that someone has seen me laugh after farting.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Someone needs to make a "Feminism: It's a Trap!" meme

EDIT: But then, as has happened here with Volband, the ironic intention might go over MRA heads and it would be read as antifeminist.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 03-18-2014 at 04:31 PM.