Page 128 of 263 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 228 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,840 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Maybe don't do that, because it was very possibly already accounted for in their applicant tracking system/your case. If you were able to handle an early call that well, it only speaks more highly of you, whereas pointing out the mistake a colleague made could be perceived as a bad attitude. Also, depending on the company, you never know who you're speaking with. The VP of People at our company (who would sit in on final pitches and the like) used to also be the person doing a phone screen.

Also I've made scheduling mistakes before, but never to that degree, geez. This is why I always type out both time zones when calling outside of ours. Like "2:00 PM (PDT) / 5:00 PM (EDT)"
    They don't have to be a jerk about it, but they can still make it clear there was an issue. I'd spin it to make me look good for being available, and prepared, while at the same time showing that I'm not about to be walked over. On the inverse- I'd be very interested to hear something like this from anyone I was interviewing, simply because I'd want to know that the screener was competent enough to get me candidates.

That said, if the VP made a mistake like that, I'd probably walk.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I'm of the opinion best not to say anything negative during the interview process. Wait until after the offer. I didn't even mention to the recruiter that her initial email to me landed in my spam folder and I just happened to notice it. I told her after I got and accepted the offer.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I parked my car with the back bumper extending maybe an inch and a half "blocking" someone's driveway. His parking lot was full of dead cars that pretty obviously didn't run, and he has his own car parked the rest of the way blocking the driveway completely.
    If he did need to get any of those cars out of the driveway, he could easily have done it. I wasn't blocking shit in any realistic way.

I come back forty five minutes or so later and he's had my car towed. When I pick my car up it's 275 dollars to get it out of impound, and there's a $65 ticket on my windshield. FUuUUUUUuuUuUuUUuUCK! So I'm pissed, and I complain to my friend who drove me down about how fucked up this is, and what kind of an asshole calls the tow truck on someone who was BARELY over the line of his lot full of broken cars that probably hadn't moved in over a year...

and the tow-guy who pulled my car out of the lot says "oh wait... where did you get it towed from?" And so I tell him the street and he says "AH! I know where you got it towed from... the guy has a broken fire truck in his driveway, along with a bunch of other junk and stuff?" And so I say "yes," and he tells me that the guy does this all the time. That he jumps at the chance to call the tow truck on people, that he's shown up and tried to argue against it by saying "but the car isn't even realistically blocking anything!" and there's nothing he can do about it if it's legally a legitimate violation... of the sort where "the outside of your wheel is over 18 inches from the curb" kind of thing.

I just got a passive-agressive "fuck you" from someone I've never met, and it cost me about $340. He had NO legitimate complaint! He didn't have anything to be upset about, and he didn't get anything out of fucking my day/week up. What kind of a completely horrible person would do this sort of thing? I've been working a lot extra lately to get money together for some expenses, and I was just getting in the clear. I do NOT need this right now.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-10-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I parked my car with the back bumper extending maybe an inch and a half "blocking" someone's driveway. His parking lot was full of dead cars that pretty obviously didn't run, and he has his own car parked the rest of the way blocking the driveway completely.
    If he did need to get any of those cars out of the driveway, he could easily have done it. I wasn't blocking shit in any realistic way.

I come back forty five minutes or so later and he's had my car towed. When I pick my car up it's 275 dollars to get it out of impound, and there's a $65 ticket on my windshield. FUuUUUUUuuUuUuUUuUCK! So I'm pissed, and I complain to my friend who drove me down about how fucked up this is, and what kind of an asshole calls the tow truck on someone who was BARELY over the line of his lot full of broken cars that probably hadn't moved in over a year...

and the tow-guy who pulled my car out of the lot says "oh wait... where did you get it towed from?" And so I tell him the street and he says "AH! I know where you got it towed from... the guy has a broken fire truck in his driveway, along with a bunch of other junk and stuff?" And so I say "yes," and he tells me that the guy does this all the time. That he jumps at the chance to call the tow truck on people, that he's shown up and tried to argue against it by saying "but the car isn't even realistically blocking anything!" and there's nothing he can do about it if it's legally a legitimate violation... of the sort where "the outside of your wheel is over 18 inches from the curb" kind of thing.

I just got a passive-agressive "fuck you" from someone I've never met, and it cost me about $340. He had NO legitimate complaint! He didn't have anything to be upset about, and he didn't get anything out of fucking my day/week up. What kind of a completely horrible person would do this sort of thing? I've been working a lot extra lately to get money together for some expenses, and I was just getting in the clear. I do NOT need this right now.
    California has emissions tests, correct? Just saying, you can cost him a buncha money too with a saws-all and some ingenuity...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

Although I agree that this guy is a total dick for having done that to you, I've done the same thing quite a few times (had people's cars towed because they blocked or were parked in my driveway). I'm sorry this happened to you. :/

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Although I agree that this guy is a total dick for having done that to you, I've done the same thing quite a few times (had people's cars towed because they blocked or were parked in my driveway). I'm sorry this happened to you. :/
    And that's totally justified. If I felt like I had conceivably inconvenienced him in any way, I would just say "oh well, I fucked up, and it's my fault." It's just so obviously not the case that it really makes me mad, and if the tow yard guy is so familiar with this person, I bet he sits there with the tow-line on speed-dial and nothing else to do with his sad pathetic life. I'm starting to wonder if he parks his car in front of his driveway just to trap people into doing what I did.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-10-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Hypocrisy re: slurs/marginalization.

Like, really, you take issue with a gay man saying faggot in a music video but you can use the word midget? During the same thing where this happened another person I know used the word "retarded" and I'm just like -___-

Or, I have a trans* friend who is generally super on the ball with trans* issues but then said "me love you long time" to me and has been photographed wearing a cheongsam.

Y'all.
    Last edited by playwithfire; 09-12-2015 at 09:37 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my wife doesn't like my new tattoo

which is fine, she's allowed to not like it. i get it, it's a little creepy-looking, and she's not obligated to like all of my tattoos. the problem is that she keeps telling people she doesn't like it, in my presence, and acting like it's funny. she's not usually mean about ANYTHING but it's actually making me feel kinda bad. : /

for the record, i LOVE this tattoo. it's the first one i've had my tattoo artist design for me (rather than just tattooing something on me) and i think it's incredible.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Fuck you, Google.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

which is fine, she's allowed to not like it. i get it, it's a little creepy-looking, and she's not obligated to like all of my tattoos. the problem is that she keeps telling people she doesn't like it, in my presence, and acting like it's funny. she's not usually mean about ANYTHING but it's actually making me feel kinda bad. : /

for the record, i LOVE this tattoo. it's the first one i've had my tattoo artist design for me (rather than just tattooing something on me) and i think it's incredible.
    Is that a horse skull inside a human skull? I think it looks sweet!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Maybe it will just take a little getting used to. I mean, it's not going to wash off or nothin.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I'm stuck in a shitty motel in the arse-end of nowhere, Wisconsin. I have a cab coming at 2.30 am to drive me to the airport, an hour and a half away, so I can catch a flight to NYC at stupid o'clock in the morning. Fuck this.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    yeah @eversonpoe I think that's a pretty great tat...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I think it's a very cool tattoo. If you love it, that's all that matters!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Is that a horse skull inside a human skull? I think it looks sweet!
    thanks! it's actually a bird skull merged with a human skull. my tattoo artist is fucking incredible.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    I'm stuck in a shitty motel in the arse-end of nowhere, Wisconsin. I have a cab coming at 2.30 am to drive me to the airport, an hour and a half away, so I can catch a flight to NYC at stupid o'clock in the morning. Fuck this.
    Fire your travel arranger.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    thanks! it's actually a bird skull merged with a human skull. my tattoo artist is fucking incredible.
    It reminds me of Gieger and the cover of How The Gods Kill.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    My mother and her side of the family's habit of gossiping over EVERYTHING. Apparently, Facebook updates are now fair game on their incessant phone chats. I've just bitched her out over it. Ugh, some people shouldn't be on social media.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    I just realized that sept 23 has come and gone and i didnt get raptured!
    What the fuck?!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    What the fuck?!
    ...wut?

all i know is it was the equinox, and it was an amazingly beautiful day.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    ...wut?

all i know is it was the equinox, and it was an amazingly beautiful day.
    Ahhh man, search the date on youtube (if you're bored, or want to see how generally crazy people are these days.)

A LOT of people were claiming that the world was going to end on the 23rd or 24th.

For the past several months, people have been claiming that all manner of climactic, world changing events, would happen this month, especially on 9-23.
    People claimed that the date had been coded into tv shows and movies over and over for the past few years.

Some said an asteroid was going to hit. Others said that the Cern LHC would open the gates of hell.

And MULTIPLE religious nut jobs had settled on that date as the "rapture."

To be fair to said nut jobs, i will admit that several significant events converged on the 23rd.. It was the Equinox, Yom Kippur, the Muslim "Feast of the Sacrifice," and the day that the 266th Pope visited the White House on the 266th day of the year (266 days being the average period of human gestation.)

September 23rd had a kind of 12-21-2012 type paranoia about it.

I'm not exactly sure how it got started, but oddly enough, some of the 9/23 videos had a-million-plus views.

People are nuts.

(for me it was the date of an especially awesome, incredibly intimate Old 97s show, and the equinox of course, and a night spent at my favorite hotel. So it converged pretty nicely for me )
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-26-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    (Maybe I wrote this already some time ago...?)

Little things... like "argumentation" in style "so what AB is bad, XY is bad too" ( = AB is OK), or "so what AB is causing pollution, XY is causing even more pollution" ( = AB is OK and you are stupid).

Reminds me of this, "Rhetological Fallacies, Errors and manipulation of rhetoric and logical thinking":
    http://www.informationisbeautiful.ne...cal-fallacies/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    What the fuck?!
    I thought it was 27/28 September and the blood moon?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...alypse-warning

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    I thought it was 27/28 September and the blood moon?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...alypse-warning
    There's that, but there was also this. More people were yammering on about the 23. There's also a lot of talk about the month of september in general http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...september-2015
    As someone who is interested in actual conspiracies and cover-ups, i wade through a LOT of insanity.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    There's that, but there was also this. More people were yammering on about the 23. There's also a lot of talk about the month of september in general http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...september-2015
    As someone who is interested in actual conspiracies and cover-ups, i wade through a LOT of insanity.

So many end of days, days!. I'm still dealing with mercury retrograde!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Wonderful! I love seeing the List of Dates Predicted for an Apocalyptic Event get bigger!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Sept 23 is Gs bday and we went out to dinner at Morton's. Totally nice night, uneventful.

Since Yom Kippur is on a different day each year, this whole thing makes zero sense. Of course.

I hope there aren't too many clouds tonight so I can see the Supermoon eclipse before the Mormons get wiped out by their Apocalypse.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-27-2015 at 05:04 PM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Two months of allergies. I am at my wits' end: I cannot hold a straight thought without sneezing.
    My house is old and dusty, I want to cut off my nose.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Two months of allergies. I am at my wits' end: I cannot hold a straight thought without sneezing.
    My house is old and dusty, I want to cut off my nose.
    http://www.nosefilters.com/

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Same problem, but wheezing and my ears fill up to the point where I nearly can't hear. My lungs sound like a whistle. It's time to finally go find a local doc, again. An inhaler is in my near future. Again.

@aggroculture , I run a bunch of air cleaners in my house and I have a HEPA vacuum cleaner and they do seem to help.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-29-2015 at 05:54 AM.