Page 10 of 263 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    People who over analyse the shit out of everything so that something that should be enjoyable becomes tedious!!

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Can my computer please stop glitching? Please? Jesus. This thing is practically brand new.
    Last edited by theruiner; 06-16-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Can my computer please stop glitching? Please? Jesus. This thing is practically brand new.
    #WindowsVista

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    falling over on my bike like an idiot today
    having to tell a new pet owner their 10 week old kitten is going to have to be tested for rabies (aka euthanized and have its head cut off)
    accidentally deleting everything on my external drive
    getting a parking ticket for an overdue inspection sticker on a holiday
    killing two cockroaches in my apartment, and having a third one get away
    having a roommate who only does his laundry at 5am right outside my bedroom
    and that's just in the past 24 hours, hating most every aspect of my life right now

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm tired of cleaning up after grown-ass adults that don't know how to change a paper towel roll or vacuum a carpet. They ask me to do one thing, and they keep ALL the supplies I need to do that thing locked up in a closet I can't access, and then get angry with me about "Why didn't anything get cleaned? You should have called and asked somebody at 12:30 at night!" Yes. Because that was definitely what I was planning on doing that late at night. AND to top it off, another client building had fuckin' pieces of fireworks all inside their bathroom, like someone threw them in there as a joke. Fine, fine. Everyone wants to have fun at their job, but there are six grown-ass men that work in this little building, and not a single one bothered cleaning up their shit. Not even as a courtesy or because, you know, they're adults.

And to top it all off, I'm basically on-call 24/7, to take care of any stupid little task for whatever building needs it. "Hey, we need you to go to the social security office and fifteen minutes cleaning two bathrooms and taking out some trash. There's absolutely no emergency, but it HAS to be done." Why doesn't each employee take 2 minutes and clean something themselves? Hiring a contractor for that doesn't even make sense!

Whatever, fuck this. I'm getting a new job today. Gimme something full time and during the day. The crappy paycheck and the food I steal from employee fridges isn't worth my time working for these douchecanoes.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Writing about feelings and emotions in a private manner is pretty damn hard. Especially when it's not in your mother tongue. Right now it's freaking me out! Guess I'll write it in German and then translate it. Any pro-tips from people with the same problem?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Paypal Verification or lack thereof. Went to buy some stuff on ebay and after i had committed to the purchase i realized that since i haven't touched my paypal in probably 3 years its under review. This was a week ago, still no word other than they are going to look into it at some point. That and the book i wanted to renew had a hold on it so i couldn't. Not a huge deal but i had just started to really settle into it. I

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Paypal Verification or lack thereof. Went to buy some stuff on ebay and after i had committed to the purchase i realized that since i haven't touched my paypal in probably 3 years its under review. This was a week ago, still no word other than they are going to look into it at some point. That and the book i wanted to renew had a hold on it so i couldn't. Not a huge deal but i had just started to really settle into it. I
    I refuse to use Paypal. Christmas time about 5 years ago I purchased a gift for a friend. For some unknown reason the transaction went into "review", and after 3 weeks of it just sitting there (and me unable to purchase the item for my friend) Paypal came out to say that I was trying to commit fraud and shut down my account, which had 25 GBP in it that I never saw again. I had money in my bank account, not to mention the money that was in the Paypal account, so I don't understand at all why they would say I was frauding a store BY GIVING THEM MONEY THROUGH PAYPAL. Like, how can you even do that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This guy on Facebook CONSTANTLY feels the need to weigh in on feminist discussions. He said feminism is irrelevant and sexist a while back. Now he's saying radical feminists are intelligent and passionate. I just...what??????????

I hate that some men feel like they're specifically entitled to give their opinion when it comes to feminism. HEY GUESS WHAT! MY FEMINISM DOESN'T AFFECT YOU! GO AWAY AND BOTHER SOMEONE ELSE!

I wouldn't mind if I hadn't seen him jump into a handful of conversations on the topic with other people. It's like he just sees the word 'feminism' and thinks 'NO WAIT THIS CONVERSATION IS LACKING WITHOUT MY INPUT!'

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

But guys can be feminist, too. My husband is a feminist.

Maybe it all confused him?
    Last edited by allegro; 06-19-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    someone on my facebook feed just wrote "Many generations have passed since Plato walked his tongue up humanities [sic] spine, and yet here we are today, his words still doing an almighty justice for truth."

Ugh. I'm considering just disconnecting from the whole facebook thing. I can't take much more of this bullshit.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaned View Post
    Fucking buttplug.
    Now now, let's not disparage buttplugs... It's like a coworker said the other day "Why is 'cocksucker' a bad thing? It's an awesome thing!"

But yeah, like Jinsai's problem, there's a lot of morons on FB, reposting the dumbest shit without knowing anything about it or doing even the most basic fact-checking. The solution is whittling your friends list down to only the most intelligent people on it. Or going over to Google+ to get some peace and quiet.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    *nod of approval*

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    So I've had my new job for a couple of months, and everything is going okay. I walk in today and I see one of my bosses meeting with a former employee. Not just any, but the one I had been picked to replace. She couldn't cut it at her new job, so she quit and is coming back. This is on top of the fact that they're bringing in someone next month to do some of my duties as well, which isn't a lot to begin with. So With one new person, and another who is more familiar with the system than I am, I can't help but feel I'll be the odd man out considering that all of this is being done without me knowing anything, I've literally had to piece everything together. I have a feeling by next month I'll be told to hit the bricks. Why can't I ever have any fucking stability? As soon as I get used to one thing, the other shoe falls of.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    But guys can be feminist, too. My husband is a feminist.

Maybe it all confused him?
    He's not a feminist, though - he's felt the need to chime in on a number of occasions to say it's irrelevant and unnecessary and that men's rights are more of an issue these days. Generally if a guy butts into a feminist conversation to include his input in contradiction to whatever the womenfolk are saying, he's not a feminist. Feminist guys are generally tactful and either agree with what's being said or, if they don't, actually have something relevant to contribute to the conversation. This guy literally just comments to contradict whatever you're saying.

I don't get it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    men's rights are more of an issue these days
    Ew gross, trash him. Women are becoming more equal so I'm scared, mama.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Ew gross, trash him. Women are becoming more equal so I'm scared, mama.
    Yup, defriend!!

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    What am I supposed to do with my dog? He's developed this habit where he howls/screams for no good goddamn reason, and it's going to wind up with someone calling the cops on me. If anyone has any advice on how to make him stop doing this shit, I'm all ears.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-21-2013 at 02:24 PM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    A gnat went up my nose.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    A gnat went up my nose.
    Ugh, I hate those little fuckers. I haven't jogged in a while but when I did it was a 2km trail around a golf course, and there was one particular spot where I'd have to hold my breath (or try to, because running) lest I inhale a cloud of bugs and start choking.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Ugh, I hate those little fuckers. I haven't jogged in a while but when I did it was a 2km trail around a golf course, and there was one particular spot where I'd have to hold my breath (or try to, because running) lest I inhale a cloud of bugs and start choking.
    Aphids are the worst around here. Not sure if they're gnats or just similar dickbag bugs, but fuck them. So glad I have a treadmill.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    What am I supposed to do with my dog? He's developed this habit where he howls/screams for no good goddamn reason, and it's going to wind up with someone calling the cops on me. If anyone has any advice on how to make him stop doing this shit, I'm all ears.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Howling-Dogs
    I know it's a wikihow, but it has some good tips.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    My mother. Our hotel doesn't have water (or air conditioning, and apparently electricity later) for the day, and they didn't tell me when I checked in. The manager wasn't calling her back, so I found a gym a block away that would let us go shower for free. But nooooo. My mother is an intractable control freak. She has to keep hammering at the manager to get us a free room somewhere else where she can do her hair and makeup in "privacy." Get over yourself.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    My mother. Our hotel doesn't have water (or air conditioning, and apparently electricity later) for the day, and they didn't tell me when I checked in. The manager wasn't calling her back, so I found a gym a block away that would let us go shower for free. But nooooo. My mother is an intractable control freak. She has to keep hammering at the manager to get us a free room somewhere else where she can do her hair and makeup in "privacy." Get over yourself.
    You are paying for a room that has these "amenities", I'd be looking for some sort of concession, a discount on the day at least.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Coworkers that just punch out at the end of their shift and drop whatever they didn't finish/didn't feel like doing in my lap, because they know I give enough of a shit that I won't leave until it's finished.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    You are paying for a room that has these "amenities", I'd be looking for some sort of concession, a discount on the day at least.
    Usually hotels (and some motels) try to let guests know about ANY inconvenience like that at least at check in. At least the ones that I have worked at. Plus, we can discount the room if neccessary (after trying to appease the guest).

EDIT: Ask for a 10 or 20% discount! - if all else fails

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flauros View Post
    Coworkers that just punch out at the end of their shift and drop whatever they didn't finish/didn't feel like doing in my lap, because they know I give enough of a shit that I won't leave until it's finished.
    Um wut. They're supposed to not stay right? Any place that has you punch out, as far as I know, doesn't allow overtime. So what is the issue here? And you have a shift that goes on after theirs, so passing on work would be the sensible action?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My boss is such a worthless fuck, like hey this shit don't work and it just got fixed. Without even looking up from his candy crush, what?... who fixed it? /facepalm Like do you even know wtf we spend money on in your own fucking store??? Maybe it's just today but i don't think i can ride this gravy train much longer.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Holy fuck I still owe the IRS a ton of cash. Feels like I'm working just to pay taxes now.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Um wut. They're supposed to not stay right? Any place that has you punch out, as far as I know, doesn't allow overtime. So what is the issue here? And you have a shift that goes on after theirs, so passing on work would be the sensible action?
    I think I get where they're coming from.

Like, if I give someone a task, and I know I give them enough time to finish it, I expect them to finish it before they leave. Their poor time management is not my problem and that doesn't excuse them pawning the rest off onto someone else.

I don't actually work with people like this, and my coworkers frequently stay a little later to finish their work, we all do. They also basically never complain about it.

If you need to leave ON TIME on time, then check in with me and we'll figure it out, but it sounds like this person's coworkers are just taking advantage of them and pawning off work on them.

Also, I need to know when someone is starting work and I need to know when they're leaving. So they need to be telling someone that they're going to go clock out, not just doing it. That's a shitty work ethic if this is a certain brand of retail.

I think the best way to handle it, is about 10 minutes before you're supposed to leave, tell your supervisor "Hey, so I leave at ____, is there anything you'd like me to do before I go?"
    Last edited by playwithfire; 06-27-2013 at 09:32 AM.