Page 90 of 263 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 190 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    *sought, not seeked

also, no, it's not a win. someone went WAY out of their way to say something HORRIBLE (on many levels) to her after she had done something kind and selfless. how is their reaction in any way positive?

(this is why i can't be your friend, tony, because you just don't care about other people's feelings at all)
    You can choose to see this as a person trying to tear another person down with misogyny and hate, or you can see this as a small minded wannabe troll who got butthurt and deem it as a personal win. I choose to see life through the positive the best I can.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Giving people a pass on woman hating(or any shitty behavior) only perpetuates it, though.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Giving people a pass on woman hating(or any shitty behavior) only perpetuates it, though.
    Taking it seriously gives it power as well though.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    It's better to address negativity and ignorance. I know that people in our country default to "Ignore it an hope it goes away". But that's never worked. It's never going to work.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Ugh.

I got this message on facebook this morning:
    Fuck that
    i'm sorry

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    It's better to address negativity and ignorance. I know that people in our country default to "Ignore it an hope it goes away". But that's never worked. It's never going to work.
    I'm just saying don't get your feelings hurt over it. Fight the fight as you see fit, but the guy got mad so you won.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I mean, my feelings aren't personally hurt. It would take a lot more than that to make me upset. But it's just a really good indication of where we are right now... A woman obviously can't accomplish anything positive unless she's blowing someone!

It just seems that in the last year or so, the sexist shit has really been turned up to 11. I'm unsure why that is, but it's gross.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I mean, my feelings aren't personally hurt. It would take a lot more than that to make me upset. But it's just a really good indication of where we are right now... A woman obviously can't accomplish anything positive unless she's blowing someone!

It just seems that in the last year or so, the sexist shit has really been turned up to 11. I'm unsure why that is, but it's gross.
    I think you know what I meant lol

I mean did you see the guys profile? He's obviously lowest common denominator shit.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    I mean, my feelings aren't personally hurt.
    Fuck's sake, my feelings are hurt FOR you.
    That is some nasty and shocking shit to read.
    Someone hacked my wife's facebook page last year and wrote about 30 godawful posts...saying that she was selling her pussy for crack, and, "oh, i have to be quiet because Tyler might wake up...wow, he was so good, i'm gonna just give it to him for free next time!"

and "i let 20 guys run a train on me in the army, and it feels so good to admit that i liked it!"

Also "I don't know who the father of my children is...i was fucking seven different guys at the time. Oh my god, i hope they don't read this!"

It was so, so fucked up. She and i were both in jail at the time (for fighting...with each other...that was back when we were the couple from hell )

Anyway, that shit was so awful to read.
    And when i read that shit that was sent to you, i immediately snapped back to the facebook hacking incident.

A woman should never, ever be treated that way. And seeing evidence of you being treated that way makes my fucking blood boil.

I know who hacked it, by the way. My cousin...the same cousin who tried to kill me and called cps on my brother. They had to fucking move to colorado to get away from cps, and now cps is fucking with them there. The original claims that my cousin made were so fucking inane and ludicrous that i can't believe that cps even took them seriously. He said that we had parties where we all took pills until we passed out, and made it a game where the last person who passed out put a fentanyl patch on the baby.
    A fentanyl patch would kill an opiate intolerant ADULT.

But cps came anyway. and what they found was evidence of marijuana. And it ran my brother's family out of the fucking state.

This is the same cousin who keeps calling looking for forgiveness.

Sorry for the tangential posting.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I agree; anybody posting shit -- IN FRONT OF FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS -- suggesting that I go suck dicks is insulting and INTOLERABLE. It's also why I hate Facebook and, when I had a Facebook page, I had it locked down like Fucking Fort Knox. @elevenism , your cousin is a fucking sociopath and he's only looking for forgiveness so he can get inside with you guys to pull more shit. Don't trust him. People like that can never be trusted again. Ever. Maybe God can forgive him (that's between him and God), but nobody else ever can. That kind of shit is unforgivable.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    You know, @allegro , i think you're right. I think he IS a fucking misanthropic psychopath. I got interested in true psychopathy a few years ago...one of my wife's first gifts to me upon arrival in tx was a book on the subject she had purchased at the airport, ... (ellipses JUST for you,) and i think he fits the bill.
    Interestingly enough, his mother (my mom's sister) does too. She was in AA...she drank like i did. And she said that the hardest part was coming up with a list of people she had harmed, because she had never harmed anyone. She LITERALLY abandoned her children when they were like 15, 13 and 9. My grandmother had a standing tab at the one restaurant in this town (my grandfather once owned it) and that's how they stayed alive.
    All three of those kids lived with us at one point or another...the two eldest graduated from the high school i went to.
    She stole our cars to go get booze, she stole money, etc ad infinitum. And that's just a slice of the havok she wrought on MY family and her children.
    So maybe this shit is genetic.
    The difference is, she is successful now.
    But she professes to "hate people," has no meaningful relationships, refuses to spend time with her grandchildren because, hey, she just doesn't like kids...hell, she raised her own!"
    I started adding things up, becoming more and more intrigued with each answer i received from my mother in trying to determine whether or not my aunt patty is a psychopath.

But do you know much about AA?

It's pretty much a religion, and although i've stumbled quite a bit, i drank the "hard line fundamentalist" AA kool-aid a long time ago.

I live it. The first 164 pages of the big book is my bible. And it teaches me that
    1. Resentment is the "number one" offender. It destroys more alcoholics than anything else. From it stem all forms of spiritual disease.
    It is plain that a life which includes deep resentment leads only to futility.
    3.To the precise extent that we permit these [deep resentment], do we squander the hours that might have been worth while.

And so on and so forth. Basically, my staying alive is contingent on my "spiritual condition."

So i don't have to like, kick it with him. I don't have to let him back in. But i DO have to learn to forgive him.

And this has been one of the hardest tests god (or the spirit of the universe or whatever you want to call it) has ever thrown at me.
    It's eating me alive!

I got lucky with Joey...he was one of my best friends, who didn't just fuck, but got ENGAGED to my ex WHILE we were supposedly still together. That shit seemed impossible to forgive. But then he died. That made it easier. The fact that i can even talk about it like that might demonstrate how bad it fucked me up.

But Jason (the cousin) is very much alive.

Sigh.
    @orestes , i didn't recognize him.
    He IS a colorful character, but he's not the best example of a non-bigoted texan.
    He's a republican and pretty damn rough on immigration.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-30-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Please allow me to double post one more time and i swear i'll stop. I'm lonely, y'all...wifey is asleep. She's still weak.

Okay, @orestes and @allegro , when i said that not all texans were bigots, i hate to say it, but the non-bigoted folks are fewer and further between than i care to admit.

Check this out. I guess you could say that i'm "counter culture."
    I'm a musician, raised by a pair of musicians. I've had long hair since i was a kid. I'm pierced up.
    And although my mom's side of the family is rich and i've always had a giant safety net, i've spent many years struggling to make ends meet.
    So you would THINK that most of MY friends, the people with whom i grew up, would be liberal, right?

Not so fast! Not in Texas!

I look at my facebook page and see long haired guitar playing freaks, ravers, minorities, poor people...and all of these people claim to be right wing!!!

Maybe they just don't understand.

For me, the tea party has a lot in common with Ayn Rand, and Rand has a lot in common with Anton LaVey. The far right ranks right up there with philosophical satanism.
    And no, i'm not being hyperbolic.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I live in the middle of a totally Jewish area (Chicago North Shore), my supermarket has a resident Rabbi on staff all the time except on the the Sabbath. Of course, that doesn't mean that people still aren't hateful; last night, look what happened. But, that's in a very Jewish area.
    Yeah, that sucks. Though, I will say, my parents' neighborhood in NYC has grown in orthodox jewish population and they won't even look at us gentiles. I think that's a bit prejudice too.

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Yeah, that sucks. Though, I will say, my parents' neighborhood in NYC has grown in orthodox jewish population and they won't even look at us gentiles. I think that's a bit prejudice too.

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!
    from the age of 0-8, i lived in rogers park (the farthest north neighborhood in chicago), in a small subsection where everyone was either greek, black, or jewish.
    the greek kids wouldn't hang out with me because i wasn't greek, the black kids wouldn't hang out with me because i wasn't black, and the jewish kids were all hacidic so i wasn't jewish enough for them. it really sucked, because i just wanted to play with the kids in my neighborhood.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I hate packing for flights. I'm bringing a lot of stuff home, and staying under the 50 lb weight limit for 2 luggages is turning out to be a drag. Also, I want to bring a guitar, but I'm not putting that in luggage and I'm not sure if they'll let me make it a carry on. The carry on policy is unclear, too: we supposedly get 1 carry, but we may also be able to have one more if its a laptop bag, but I can't confirm it anywhere on their website.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    I hate packing for flights. I'm bringing a lot of stuff home, and staying under the 50 lb weight limit for 2 luggages is turning out to be a drag. Also, I want to bring a guitar, but I'm not putting that in luggage and I'm not sure if they'll let me make it a carry on. The carry on policy is unclear, too: we supposedly get 1 carry, but we may also be able to have one more if its a laptop bag, but I can't confirm it anywhere on their website.
    Unless your guitar is worth a bagillion dollars, I doubt they will let you carry it on the plane. The carry on policy should be listed with the general baggage policy. My experience has been one bag that can fit in the overhead, no longer than 22inches and one purse, laptop bag, tote bag size that can fit under the seat in front of you.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Southwest lets people carry on guitars. I've seen it a few different times this year.

But, I would pay the extra money to get auto-checked in the night before to ensure that you're in the first boarding group.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    This is coming from someone in Europe, but most of the times that I've booked flights, I've seen an option for bringing an instrument on board in addition to hand luggage but it's charged extra. Pretty sure it would be considered as something to be checked in with you guys, though.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Unless your guitar is worth a bagillion dollars, I doubt they will let you carry it on the plane. The carry on policy should be listed with the general baggage policy. My experience has been one bag that can fit in the overhead, no longer than 22inches and one purse, laptop bag, tote bag size that can fit under the seat in front of you.
    http://www.fretboardjournal.com/blog...cal-instrument

Be sure to read the very bottom, though.

Like @Sarah K , we always pay extra for early bird check-in on SW. That doesn't mean you'll get the earliest boarding Group, though.

When G took a guitar on a trip, he bought it a ticket.

I'm never checking anything, anymore; I'm going to ship it in advance.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-31-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    When G took a guitar on a trip, he bought it a ticket.
    I never thought of that before, that's a really good idea. I mean, if the seat's paid for, nobody can really say anything about it taking extra space, right?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Power outages forcing me to go out tonight. New years celebrations are a special kind of dumb.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Someone here set off fireworks at 11:00. I guess they're still on Daylight Saving Time.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    Someone here set off fireworks at 11:00. I guess they're still on Daylight Saving Time.
    That's at least amusing.

I got bored and wandered off to a movie theater and saw The Imitation Game. I had no idea what it was about.
    Good movie. Super fucking depressing. There were literally two other people in the theater. I don't regret seeing it, but I don't think I was in the mood for that sort of thing.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    That's at least amusing.

I got bored and wandered off to a movie theater and saw The Imitation Game. I had no idea what it was about.
    Good movie. Super fucking depressing. There were literally two other people in the theater. I don't regret seeing it, but I don't think I was in the mood for that sort of thing.
    What's wrong, brotha man?
    PM me.

edit: something that pisses me off...racism by people other than white people is called REVERSE racism.
    it's not reverse racism, it's just racism! the "reverse" implies that only WASPS are capable of racism.
    Honestly, some of the most racist people i have ever met are black.

Also, racism and discrimination in general. FUCK discrimination and racism.
    We are ALL prejudiced and anyone who says that they aren't is lying. We ALL look at people and assume things about them, even if those things are positive.

But looking DOWN on someone for their race, color, gender, creed, sexual orientation, etc, is so fucked up.
    I HATE it.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-01-2015 at 05:57 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The phantom knocking I keep hearing a few times a week that wakes me up. It's really annoying to say the least.

Also my back had a bit if a spasm I'm guessing. I thought it was just in my hip but that it now would seem to have stemmed from my lower back on down. It'll be fine in a day or so but man I would love some muscle relaxers right about now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I fucking hate it when you hear gunshots on New Years. Do people shoot their guns when the clock strikes 12:00 because they want to be noticed? Do they think it's a good way to kick start the year?
    "My new years resolution is for my bullet to hopefully land on someone's face."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "Achievements" in computer games! I should have fun, instead I'm just going crazy trying to get some stupid meaningless gold, again, and again, and again! And... again! :-)

(Also, wasn't it great when we were playing off-line years ago? It was so comfortable thinking "man, I'm good at this", now I see my score against the whole world and think "I suck" instead, hehe.)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Began 2015 with a sore throat. All things considered, it might be a good sign though.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    You know what *really* pisses me off?

These people who bring their shitty, noisy children on airline flights, so they can cry and scream the whole fucking way. Usually right after I doze off so I can wake up to them screaming and think the plane is going down. There needs to be a law that says "you need to be this high" to ride on an airplane. And at least 12 years old. If your kid is going to be this agitated and disruptive, it shouldn't be on the plane in the first place, disturbing the other passengers.

Fuck these people. And their shitty, screaming kids.
    This little twat was sitting behind me on Sunday night, and kept kicking my fucking seat. After like the 856th time, I asked the adult near her "CAN SHE PLEASE STOP?!" And then that lady acted like I was the bitch in the situation. Get your kid a Valium or something. Fuck.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    That's the worst part. Whether it's the grocery store, airplane or anywhere else that's a public place, these parents seem to think we are all beholden to their beautiful wonderous children. How dare anyone expect respect or consideration when their special perfect creation is around!