Page 51 of 258 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I hate the fuck out of when bike riders wanna pretend like they are cars but LOL NOT FOLLOWING ANY TRAFFIC LAWS LOLOLLL. They just do whatever the fuck they want. One nearly plowed my fat ass overt the other day as I was rightfully crossing the street. I was then left standing in the middle of the street screaming at a man who was already a block away. At this moment, I felt like a true New Yorker for the first time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Fucking cyclists! Every goddamn time I walk my dogs on the fucking sidewalk some cyclist fucknut comes riding toward me 3 feet away from the goddamn bike lane. Fuck that. I won't move a goddamn inch out of the way for them. Someone actually had the nerve to tell me to "share the sidewalk." How's about riding in the fucking bike lane!? Fuck!!

Fucking Eugene Fucking Oregon has got to have the world's worst cyclists.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    ALL OF THE FUCKS

fuck

Really. The worst.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Ugh. Pedestrians.
    I live in a prehistoric country where actual bike lanes are a rarity. But if there is one, you can be sure every 100 meters you'll meet someone dragging his ass there on foot and not fucking moving right or left when a cyclist comes.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The 40 year old in my course who mistakes loudly talking as having a personality.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    The 40 year old in my course who mistakes loudly talking as having a personality.
    I can certainly relate to that. Being loud in school never seemed right to me to anyway, nor did it ever come across to me as a good habit. To me, it's right up there with talking too much, being off-topic, and fooling around. Perhaps it's not as serious as those other things, but loud people usually never gelled well with me as a lot of them have actually proven themselves to be rude and inconsiderate people, and some of them are also the types of people that always seem to think that they're funny and cool. Then again, joking around in school and work seems so awkward and foreign to me. I was always taught to only speak up when it's necessary in school and work with an indoor voice. Looking back now, I still should've listened to my parents a lot more, or asked them for more advice, as I even said a lot more than I should've here sometimes too.

And to keep on topic, yes, it sometimes still annoys me, but I'm also still working on dealing with it. I actually feel far more uncomfortable than annoyed whenever I'm subjected to that type of behavior though.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 06-06-2014 at 01:18 PM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I am a pedestrian at heart. I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate it when the sidewalk just fucking ends and you are expected to step into the road with the cars. There is one of these right here behind the city hall. Makes me so angry every time. USA is on the whole highly anti-pedestrian.
    I love that NYC is such a pedestrian-positive city.

As a relatively new driver, cyclists are annoying: they go super slow, but take up the place of a car. Also, what do bike lanes accomplish? Serious question. The road still isn't wide enough to overtake if there's traffic on the other side. I guess they are there to alert drivers that cyclists might be there and instill a culture of being careful about them?
    One of my best friends was killed by a driver whilst on his bike in Brooklyn four years ago. He wasn't wearing a helmet (dumbass): the report said it probably wouldn't have saved him, but who knows.

...and I just bought a bike for the first time in five years after mine was stolen in Brooklyn, going to get a helmet today.

In Berlin cyclists ride on the sidewalk. To the pedestrian in me this is torture.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    What your cheap and tasteless ass is or isn't willing to pay for wasn't the point of the conversation at all but thanks for coming out.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    What your cheap and tasteless ass is or isn't willing to pay for wasn't the point of the conversation at all but thanks for coming out.
    You need to relax, dude. Jeez.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Meh. At least my cheap tasteless ass can correctly spell the word "palate," which is something you might want to work on if you're going to condescendingly lecture people about your sophistication.

I know though, I'm crass, cheap, and unsophisticated, so I'll spend my money on other stuff. A heads up though, for you and your connoisseur friends: If you act fast, you can own this vintage can of rare Crystal Pepsi.

I hear it has light, tannic notes of citrus and a heady, blowsy nose that combines earthy hints of cherry blossoms with the closed aroma of Fruity Pebbles.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Oh come on, I said thanks for coming out!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Oh come on, I said thanks for coming out!
    Do your research, you insufferable ass.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Trolls gonna troll.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Haw haw K see the thing is if you read the whole thing I wasn't even trolling (and I can troll pretty well when I apply myself if I do say so myself). Nor was I saying to Jinsai that I'm one of the people who spend that kind of coin on wine and was trying to brag about that or something. I'm far too broke for that, and while I have tried some expensive wine and see some value in it, I don't think I'd ever do it on my own dime even if I had the money. Either way my spending habits, and yours, are completely irrelevant to the discussion that originated. But yes go ahead critique a spelling mistake, or provide a list of a handful of beers that cost more than your average pint, instead of just admitting YOU were the one that make the first ignorant post to start this whole thing off, and that you were a dick to do so. You were fucking trolling there sir, not I, it just so happens there is a gang of mindless cronies around these parts who piss their pants at the first sign of any kind of argument not dressed in a thousand gallons of fluff, to the point where I immediately become the bad guy, and it doesn't matter what I'm saying since you don't like the way I'm saying it, because you know, ets has to be this conflict free puppy dog zone of weird internet love. Sorry! Fuck sakes.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    far too broke for that, and while I have tried some expensive wine and see some value in it, I don't think I'd ever do it on my own dime even if I had the money.
    You cheap, unsophisticated fuck.

But yes go ahead critique a spelling mistake
    It's more the context that makes it funny. Now that it's been explained, it's less funny. Thanks.

or provide a list of a handful of beers that cost more than your average pint, instead of just admitting YOU were the one that make the first ignorant post to start this whole thing off, and that you were a dick to do so. You were fucking trolling there sir, not I

and it doesn't matter what I'm saying since you don't like the way I'm saying it, because you know, ets has to be this conflict free puppy dog zone of weird internet love. Sorry! Fuck sakes.
    You're a brave badass.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Glad I read that, now I recall why I blocked you...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I disagree, but maybe that's because I'm not a native English speaker, I don't know.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I must be giving off a needy vibe. Second night out of two I am being stood up/flaked on.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I don't have a thing with public bathrooms or anything, but this has been happening a lot lately and it drives me crazy. When I'm in a stall or a standalone room and the door is locked, and someone comes barging over and tries to open the door with a herculean force, and/or tries several times to jiggle the door handle. Like they are absolutely baffled that it's locked. No, there's just someone in here. Relax your shit. Now I'm going to take even longer and play games on my phone you fuck.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I already hate Facebook but I'm on there because my aunt and a few of my cousins and my husband and some of my husband's friends and old bandmates are on there. But via FB I found out that one of my oldest friends is a really stupid conservative. And she loves Kid Rock. And she has an equally ignorant loud mouth redneck cousin. Today, I couldn't hack it, anymore, and I unfriended her. Some part of me feels relieved, but another part of me feels bad because we're old friends. Fucking Facebook. Ugh. Why can't my relatives use EMAIL?!?!??!?!

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I already hate Facebook but I'm on there because my aunt and a few of my cousins and my husband and some of my husband's friends and old bandmates are on there. But via FB I found out that one of my oldest friends is a really stupid conservative. And she loves Kid Rock. And she has an equally ignorant loud mouth redneck cousin. Today, I couldn't hack it, anymore, and I unfriended her. Some part of me feels relieved, but another part of me feels bad because we're old friends. Fucking Facebook. Ugh. Why can't my relatives use EMAIL?!?!??!?!
    An old friend of mine friended me on Facebook, and I found out that she's now married, has kids, and is now a hardcore conservative Christian type who likes to involve her children in anti-abortion rallies outside of clinics to guilt pregnant women into finding jesus. She hates liberals, is so proud that her kids realize how stupid liberals are, and loves Tim Tebow.

Thankfully, she got fed up with the heathen atheist cabal of Facebook, and took her mission elsewhere. It was still such a shock though... back in the day she was a partier, suddenly she's encouraging her friends with young children to get their kids purity rings. "If your child is in public school, we need to give them the courage to stand up to their liberal satanic teachers and say 'no, I will not let you tell me that my parents are monkeys!' and maybe demand a little more time on the scripture!"

She may have not been the brightest bulb, but holy shit.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I heard this recently "Facebook is like the living room"- it's a good place to just have loose contact with people. The context of that quote was talking about kids using other mobile specific apps because "their parents aren't on it". Twitter is like the bedroom apparently, hahah. To me, forums are my playing areas! FB is a tool that can be used in different ways but people can easily misuse it. On FB you see people talk about what they want as opposed to have a Topic in a forum or even in an email, you know you're not going to talk about sports when you're emailing that cousin that you know doesn't care. It's fascinating seeing how people's communications are affected by different technology. I'm still a fan of letters though the only person that tends to write back to my letters is my grandmother. My friends will text saying "thanks for the letter" and I resist saying "Fuck you, write one back!!"
    Last edited by halloween; 06-09-2014 at 07:54 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks for giving me more reasons to stay away from Facebook. Yeesh.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Forgot on Friday that 1D were playing Wembley Stadium and got swamped on train to work with tweeny 1D fans!

Will not make that mistake tonight.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Last night I went alone to what ended up being a totally rad anarcho-punk-folk house concert, met a bunch of interesting people, and had a really cool night out.

BUT I will say that flakery, flaking out, blowing off plans at the 12th hour, "going home" at 8:00pm, not answering the phone or text or email when we had arranged to hang out is just fucking rude. Unforgiveable in my book. Fuck that shit.
    I always thought being a flake was a NYC thing: in small town it's 1000% worse.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    BUT I will say that flakery, flaking out, blowing off plans at the 12th hour, "going home" at 8:00pm,...
    I kind of feel the need to defend myself here. Not for the being off the grid part, I always tekst, but with the combined anxiety and depression, at best I've managed to keep 50% of my appointments. I don't like this about myself, don't get me wrong, but I think wanting to kill yourself at odd hours of the night might actually be a proper excuse.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elke View Post
    I kind of feel the need to defend myself here. Not for the being off the grid part, I always tekst, but with the combined anxiety and depression, at best I've managed to keep 50% of my appointments. I don't like this about myself, don't get me wrong, but I think wanting to kill yourself at odd hours of the night might actually be a proper excuse.

Do you actually say that or do you just say "oh, I forgot", "oh I haven't left home yet"?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Do you actually say that or do you just say "oh, I forgot", "oh I haven't left home yet"?
    I don't think it matters, it's a lack of common decency IMO

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I don't think it matters, it's a lack of common decency IMO
    I think if someone says "I'm really sorry I can't make it tonight, massive panic attack and I feel like I'm going to be sick" then it's different to someone just being a cunt.