Page 38 of 263 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Finnish fucking mail services. Looks like they have lost a couple of vinyls that I ordered. Well, it's not sure yet but at least something weird is going on.

Before this they have already lost one of my own shippings to the netherlands, new iphone back glass (that I ordered INSIDE FINLAND) and one CD from UK. Or is my address possessed?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    2 of my favorite bands are playing together a few hours away.

1) I'm pissed because they're not playing in Vancouver
    2) I'd be willing to travel if I didn't have to move as soon as I got home.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Don't they really pay you a lot more than minimum wage, if it includes your rent for free?

I've made emotionally charged decisions like that, sometimes not for the best. You might want to give yourself longer than a few days to make a decision like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Well...$79.75 at current job (minimum wage x11 hours)
    versus $638 at new job ("double current wage" and "four times as many hours").

So every month, that's...an extra $2,233 (difference between the above two totals, x4). I don't know anything about this other job that was mentioned (hours or pay), but that's a pretty big difference. Fuck, the difference alone is more than I used to make in a month working full time at my last job.

Rational thought before quitting one (or more) jobs is certainly a good idea; I agree there. But financially, it sounds like it could be a good move.
    Where I'm working right now, I'm being mostly paid in free rent, rather than a steady paycheck. I'm allowed (not able, only allowed) to work 11 hours a week. Anything over that is paid directly to me after the end of the month, but that very, VERY rarely happens, even when we're backed up on work orders and they need an extra hand for a few hours. I gladly volunteer to stay for the day if I'm paid, but I'm almost always refused the extra hours. I'm extremely lucky if I come out of the month with a single dollar on my paycheck from this place (after my rent is paid for, of course). The new job just pays me, directly, and since I won't be working where I live anymore, I'll have to pay the rent myself. However, I can make enough money for my rent, PLUS groceries for a week, in one week at this new job. They had no problem offering me $14 an hour (which is just shy of double minimum wage) and 40+ hours a week, and when I told them that my current job only allows me to work 11 hours a week, they property manager rolled his eyes and said, "What the hell? Are they so cheap that they can't afford the extra help over there?"

Really, the only difference between the job I have now and the new one I'm starting is that instead of having my rent paid for, I'll be receiving the money directly and writing the check myself. I mean...it's not really an emotionally charged decision in this case. It's actually a pretty golden opportunity for the time being. The work is the exact same work I'm doing at my current job, but like I said, double the pay, four times the hours, and for a manager that I can respect and trust.

There was also a big debacle over how many hours of pay covered my rent for the longest time, but that's a whole other thing.

Totally unrelated - It feels really, REALLY gross that there was an episode of Big Bang Theory dedicated to deciding whether the PS4 or Xbone is the better console.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I guess I should be clearer on my point: The job that pays your rent will always be there. There's no reason you can't take the other job, too (though perhaps not the total 40+ hours a week during the school year). You never know what will happen with the new job. Having a sure-fire way to cover your rent is golden. (From what you conveyed, a large part of you quitting seemed to be your frustration over your manager; that's the "emotionally charged" part I was referring to.)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Loud eating noises make me want to throttle whomever's making them... This includes family.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I guess I should be clearer on my point: The job that pays your rent will always be there. There's no reason you can't take the other job, too (though perhaps not the total 40+ hours a week during the school year). You never know what will happen with the new job. Having a sure-fire way to cover your rent is golden. (From what you conveyed, a large part of you quitting seemed to be your frustration over your manager; that's the "emotionally charged" part I was referring to.)
    Ahh, gotcha! Nah, me wanting to quit the job has been a long-gestating thing. Management of the property had spun out of control over the last 5 or so months. I'm definitely not the first to leave, and I won't be the last, either. I've stuck with it so long purely out of the necessity of having my rent paid for. The new place has even offered to let me work "part-time" until I can afford a couple months-worth of rent money, which should be pretty quick. With my current day-job only taking 11 hours a week, I have nothing but free time to spend makin' day chedda.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Totally unrelated - It feels really, REALLY gross that there was an episode of Big Bang Theory dedicated to deciding whether the PS4 or Xbone is the better console.
    It feels really, really gross that people think the Big Bang Theory is funny.
    Last edited by theimage13; 04-05-2014 at 07:11 AM. Reason: stupid sticky "g" key on my old computer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I concur. I don't get the attraction for the show.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Cat puke in my bed. : /

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Finally got around to upgrading my phone to iOS 7.1 and it ended up needed a factory restore. How nice of Apple to give me Saturday night plans.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My roommates girlfriend and my other roommate is a cunt. Since she runs his life she is attempting to pull that shit with me as well. It seems in the house we rent all rent I get my room to keep all my shit in and am apparently not to have a presence beyond that.

Gah, I'll bitch further later perhaps when I hey on a computer.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Walking out to the alley to have a smoke a few minutes ago I slipped on something, went ass over tits, and hit my head on the wall. Ripped some hair out, but it could have been worse, at least the cigarette I was holding wasn't damaged...

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Time to quit - it's a sign.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Walking out to the alley to have a smoke a few minutes ago I slipped on something, went ass over tits, and hit my head on the wall. Ripped some hair out, but it could have been worse, at least the cigarette I was holding wasn't damaged...
    If hitting your head is the worst thing to come from smoking, you're goddamn lucky.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The new neighbor (with young kids) has put their piano on the enclosed front porch. Really looking forward to summer!!! o_O

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I fucking hate residential property.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    The new neighbor (with young kids) has put their piano on the enclosed front porch. Really looking forward to summer!!! o_O
    At least it isn't a violin... Neighbour kid next door SUUUUUCKS at violin. And her and her brother suck at karaoke. They're like 7-8 and 5-6, and I almost burned the house down last month when they were shout-singing along to their karaoke machine. It would have been at least mildly excusable had it been any other song than "Feliz Navidad".

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    That agonizing, angsty feeling that comes just before a big writing project. It's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    At least it isn't a violin... Neighbour kid next door SUUUUUCKS at violin.
    Some friends started their 6 yo on viola lessons: they must be crazy, or masochists. My kid is not going anywhere near a violin. Pure torture. Even really good violin playing is agony to my ears. Odious instrument. I'd say the trumpet is a close second.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 04-09-2014 at 08:46 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Advices suggesting me to listen to a new album (or new music in general) in a good headphones (okay) in a dark room with the lights out, in order to get it. GTFO.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Some friends started their 6 yo on viola lessons: they must be crazy, or masochists. My kid is not going anywhere near a violin. Pure torture. Even really good violin playing is agony to my ears. Odious instrument. I'd say the trumpet is a close second.
    Get your kid into piano lessons, asap!

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    you hate the sound of violins being played by good violinists? Your ears are so completely different from mine...

While I'm here and complaining about stuff, I'm going to say that I fucking hate soldering with a passion that is unreal. We had a soldering workshop at my school the other day, and I don't think I've ever come that close to just completely losing my mind. I cannot understand people who "enjoy" doing that.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    When you have someone's number blocked... and then they get a new number, and start contacting you again.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    you hate the sound of violins being played by good violinists? Your ears are so completely different from mine...

While I'm here and complaining about stuff, I'm going to say that I fucking hate soldering with a passion that is unreal. We had a soldering workshop at my school the other day, and I don't think I've ever come that close to just completely losing my mind. I cannot understand people who "enjoy" doing that.
    dude, i LOVE soldering. i love the smell, i love the transmogrification of a solid into a liquid and back into a solid so rapidly, and i love making things WORK! idunno, i'm pretty weird, i guess.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    dude, i LOVE soldering. i love the smell, i love the transmogrification of a solid into a liquid and back into a solid so rapidly, and i love making things WORK! idunno, i'm pretty weird, i guess.
    I haven't soldered in years but I'm totally on board with you, it's so cool!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Same! Omg... Today, I was doing research on programmable plasma cutters for work. FFFUUU - I am so excited!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I used to do stained glass, so I'm down with the soldering!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I won’t even touch a soldering iron that’s plugged in (even the non-heated part ). In my nightmares it’s the biggest, fattest hypodermic needle ever made and it’s fucking on fire. *shudder*

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    I won’t even touch a soldering iron that’s plugged in (even the non-heated part ). In my nightmares it’s the biggest, fattest hypodermic needle ever made and it’s fucking on fire. *shudder*
    wow...that is terrifying.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    wow...that is terrifying.
    There are reasons why I still can't get a permit for a hammer.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Speaking of permits (aaaaaand getting back on topic), FUCK THE NRA. I suppose now they're going to tell us we need to arm senior fucking citizens at the Jewish Community Center instead of running background checks on the monsters who buy guns to kill people.

That is all.