Page 147 of 263 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 197 247 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,410 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    so, can't think of where to put this but here:
    allegro.
    where is allegro?
    is she ok?
    i am jonesing, a bit.

errr..little things that bum me out?
    fuck it, still leaving it here. lol.
    Last edited by Lew; 03-16-2016 at 11:34 AM. Reason: semantics.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    so, can't think of where to put this but here:
    allegro.
    where is allegro?
    is she ok?
    i am jonesing, a bit.

errr..little things that bum me out?
    fuck it, still leaving it here. lol.
    you're right, she hasn't posted anything for a few days on here (or instagram). maybe she's taking a well-deserved vacation!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    you're right, she hasn't posted anything for a few days on here (or instagram). maybe she's taking a well-deserved vacation!
    thanks, lovely man.
    i will hope she is taking a vacation, and stop my worry warting...

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I was pricing out some shipping today.

If I was to let UPS take care of packaging, everything insured by them, etc., it would cost $359 to send a package from E. Peoria, IL to London... a package containing just a 2xLP vinyl.

What in the...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I was pricing out some shipping today.

If I was to let UPS take care of packaging, everything insured by them, etc., it would cost $359 to send a package from E. Peoria, IL to London... a package containing just a 2xLP vinyl.

What in the...
    yeah, UPS is bonkers with shipping certain things. that's why i basically just stick with USPS and hope for the best (ask @sheepdean because i've sent him stuff)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Once had USPS try to charge me over $500 to send me ONE bottle of nail varnish (because it's a controlled thingy). I think it's some leftover revolutionary war antagonism

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    my boss.
    working in a hospital as a male nurse is hard enough and when half of your co-workers are sick and stay at home it's not getting easier.
    but my boss is still finding reasons to piss me off and forces me to doubt my dream job choice.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The way I've notice Americans are saying twat. It's with an A not an O! T-w-AH-T not T-w-O-T

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    got two fillings fixed today (just normal wear and tear from being there for so long). it's been around 10 years since i've had anything like that done so i forgot how much novocaine fucks me up. it took three hours for feeling to return to the left side of my mouth/tongue/throat, during which time i continually felt like i was choking. i still can't chew anything on the left side of my mouth and the flesh in the back of my mouth is so sore from where they injected me.

i like my dentist (he's a family friend) but this sucks.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Wellllll, we kinda knew this already, but it's now confirmed by the neurologist we visited a few days ago who read her eeg and mri's and such.
    My wife has irreversible brain damage and is severely fucking epileptic.
    Now...You wouldn't KNOW she had brain damage unless you were very close to her. It's not like she's shitting her pants and unable to feed herself.
    It's just that she feels foggy all the time and struggles to remember words from a once massive vocabulary, forgets facts from a previously impressive knowledge of science and history, and because of these things, has a hard time expressing herself as eloquently and knowledgeably as she once did.
    We have been waiting for these things to get better, but it sounds like it's gonna be harder than we thought. They are trying her on aricept to boost cognition.
    And then there's the matter of the seizures. This started about a month ago, and it's gotten to the point to where if she misses even one dose of her medicine, she has one. this fucking terrifies me. There is a cause of death called SUDEP-sudden death from epilepsy, and 1 in 1000 die from it. As small as those odds are, i still don't fucking like them.
    This means a lot of changes. She isn't to cook without a partner, she shouldn't take a bath ever again for fear of drowning, etc...
    This all happened because of the mean little virus that got in her beautiful brain in december of 2014 and nearly killed her. I wish i could punch it in its mean little face.
    Sheap is taking this all pretty fucking hard.

BUT...she is my wife and i love her more than anything in this world. We will get through this.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Dude, I was going to come in here and bitch about something totally inconsequential.

That's a tragic turn of events; I hope that you can continue to face this with courage and strength. In the same breath, don't hesitate to expel any negative or fearful thoughts that you need to rid yourself of.

We are all here for you.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So my landlord left a not under my door advising me that one of my neighbors has reported me for loud music. Now, this is the second complaint in as many months, so I've been told I could be evicted if I don't keep the noise down. Now, naturally I'm going to be more conscious. What annoys me is the tattling. Now I love my music, and I'm typically listening to it a good 75% of the time. It just gets me moving along. Yes, sometimes I may listen to it a little loud and I may not be quite as conscious just to how loud it may be. However, I'm a very reasonable person. If it's bothering someone, I'm perfectly willing to turn it down. I just wish they'd kindly knock on my door and just ask me to turn my music down rather than reporting me. Last week they even called the cops on me which was complete bullshit. Even they knocked on the door and rolled their eyes realizing my music was at a very reasonable volume.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Dude, I was going to come in here and bitch about something totally inconsequential.

That's a tragic turn of events; I hope that you can continue to face this with courage and strength. In the same breath, don't hesitate to expel any negative or fearful thoughts that you need to rid yourself of.

We are all here for you.
    shit, thanks man.
    however, the shit that we are going through doesn't make other people's shit inconsequential by any means.
    i just wanted to tell you guys what happened.
    i think this thread is actually more geared to more inconsequential things, but i didn't know where else to put it.
    @Bachy , slide a note under your neighbor's doors that says "Snitches Get Stitches!"
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-21-2016 at 07:49 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    shit, thanks man.
    however, the shit that we are going through doesn't make other people's shit inconsequential by any means.
    i just wanted to tell you guys what happened.
    i think this thread is actually more geared to more inconsequential things, but i didn't know where else to put it.
    @Bachy , slide a note under your neighbor's doors that says "Snitches Get Stitches!"
    I feel that would likely exacerbate the situation :P

Anyways, there's probably about 20 other tenants on my floor. I can't be sure who it is.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post

Anyways, there's probably about 20 other tenants on my floor. I can't be sure who it is.
    Well, if you slid one under all 20 doors, one person would get the message and the other 19 would learn a valuable life lesson! :P

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Sorry for double post, but me making @the duder feel like the "little thing" that pissed him off didn't matter got me thinking. I've also seen other people come to this thread to talk about tough things they are going through in their lives.

So i'm thinking of making another thread to avoid contaminating this thread with more intense issues.

What should we call it? Rough Business? The Big Things That Piss You Off? Crisis Support?

Even though i might not be the most popular person on the board, a lot of you DO feel like a kind of family to me, and when i'm going through rough times, i want to share it with you guys.

At the same time, i don't want to take away from the original intention of this thread.

So what do you guys think? I think a new thread for more intense issues is a good idea. Do you? And if you do think a new thread is in order, what should we call it?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

leave a not on the outside of your door that says "if something i am doing is bothering you, please feel free to discuss it with me. i don't want to be a disruptive neighbor but i also don't want to feel like a criminal for simply trying to enjoy my music."

i find that taking a non-confrontational approach to that sort of thing works a lot better.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Visited a friend this week to get out of town, watch some March Madness, and be lazy. I've known him since I was 16.

Second day I mention that my period is like a week and a half late, which is troubling to me. He asks me if I want to have sex to "jump start" it. Ummm... No. No, I do not. He then follows up with "Everything I want to do to you right now feels like rape". So I then just kind of completely mentally shut down at this point. This was on Thursday, and I had to be there until Saturday, so I just wanted things to be as smooth as possible, and not escalate further. He apologizes for "making things awkward earlier". We sit and watch basketball with some super high tensions. We had planned to go out and do some things, and then each day he would change his mind, and we just stayed in his house the whole time. Saturday, I woke up to this dipshit rubbing my nipple. I shove his arm away and then just freeze, waiting for it to get worse. He says "I misread. I thought you wanted me to be aggressive". BRUH MISREAD WHAT? I WAS SLEEPING.

So then I contact this girl who I know via keto dieting stuff on the internet. She came and rescued me and we just drove around until it was time for my flight.

Like... Jesus fucking christ.

I feel like the friendship could have been saved even through the fucking rape comment, but not after what happened on Saturday. A 15 year friendship ruined over you rubbing my tit. Hope it was worth it, buddy.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    He then follows up with "Everything I want to do to you right now feels like rape".

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Sorry for double post, but me making @the duder feel like the "little thing" that pissed him off didn't matter got me thinking. I've also seen other people come to this thread to talk about tough things they are going through in their lives.

So i'm thinking of making another thread to avoid contaminating this thread with more intense issues.

What should we call it? Rough Business? The Big Things That Piss You Off? Crisis Support?

Even though i might not be the most popular person on the board, a lot of you DO feel like a kind of family to me, and when i'm going through rough times, i want to share it with you guys.

At the same time, i don't want to take away from the original intention of this thread.

So what do you guys think? I think a new thread for more intense issues is a good idea. Do you? And if you do think a new thread is in order, what should we call it?
    Dude no worries at all. I thought we did have a "how fucked was your day" thread for the heaviness/intense issues, if I recall correctly.

And my issue was/is minor (license issues from DUI 3 years ago and general incompetence from the NY DMV) compared to a life changing diagnosis.

Main point of the original post was that this community is amaze-balls and has your back (regardless of where you post).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i have a couple friends who grew up together, both of whom have tattoos, and both of whom have parents who use EVERY OPPORTUNITY POSSIBLE to shame them about their tattoos.

here's an example:

At the bus stop. Just got splattered with road slush, head to toe. Had to find a dry piece of clothing to wipe off my glasses and face. Having an awesome day so far.
    so she posts that on facebook, a few people comment with their sympathies, etc., and then her dad says:

At least you can wash it off - not like a tatoo. Sorry about that!
    which is just like...WHAT?!? what the fuck does getting splashed by gross street slush have to do with getting a tattoo? and why would you publicly shame your daughter with your narrow-minded world-view when she's already having a shitty day????

her level-headed expert response?

As far as I know, I have never been suddenly tattooed without warning or consent.
    so she seems to be good at dealing with it, but i can't imagine how shitty it must feel to have your dad say something like that.
    i mean, my dad doesn't like my tattoos, but he doesn't go out of his way to be a dick about it. you can disagree with your child without making them feel horrible about their choices, especially when those choices don't affect you in the slightest.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So after receiving my final warning regarding my loud music, I emailed this to my landlord. I'll admit, I'm a bit of a pushover. And in my defense, I do kinda now get where my neighbors may have been coming from. Also, this is an amazing apartment in a prime location that I really don't want to lose:

I just wanted to of course address the note I received at my door earliest week. To start I absolutely want to apologize to you and any residents I disturbed. I always want and try to carry myself as a model tenant, and to realize something like this has left me truly ashamed. I've always had one great weakness which is of course my music which I do listen to passionately. Unfortunately for me (and everyone else mainly), I admit I do have a tendency to forget just how loud I'm listening to it, and that it may be an annoyance to others. In all honesty, I wasn't sure that I was disturbing anyone as no one had ever physically come to my door asking me to turn it down. Had anyone done this, I would have gladly turned it down immediately, because the last thing I want to be is a nuisance. However I shouldn't be making excuses. Because it's certainly not their responsibility. I'm the one who needs to be more conscious and mindful of my surroundings. Everyone in this building has been beyond respectful toward me, and I certainly owe it to them to do the same. Living here the last few years has been beyond a privilege for me, and I hope to continue on for the foreseeable future. However I understand that can't be possible if I don't respect the rules or my neighbors. Please express my deepest apologies to any residents I disturbed recently. I want to give everyone complete assurance that this will never happen again. From here on I promise to keep all noise to an absolute minimum.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Jeez. It ain't like you ran over their child or anything.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I have a popcorn husk stuck on my half grown wisdom tooth and I can't...get...it...out. And I'm at work without floss or a tooth brush and UGH. And of course I can't stop myself from trying. My tongue is going to start getting tired. Two hours of just...come on...just a little more...there 'ya go....BAH! Come out already, damn you!!!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I have a popcorn husk stuck on my half grown wisdom tooth and I can't...get...it...out. And I'm at work without floss or a tooth brush and UGH. And of course I can't stop myself from trying. My tongue is going to start getting tired. Two hours of just...come on...just a little more...there 'ya go....BAH! Come out already, damn you!!!
    Don't tell anyone I told you this.....but bite a bit of nail off, instant toothpick. You just have to get over the....well, ya know, it's pretty disgusting.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Fucking unacceptable. I thought making sure you have the machine set for the correct size of shrink wrap was the next step after making sure it works. Who would I even contact as it's not a shipping or Amazon problem?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Fucking unacceptable. I thought making sure you have the machine set for the correct size of shrink wrap was the next step after making sure it works. Who would I even contact as it's not a shipping or Amazon problem?

still contact amazon, as they shipped you a defective product.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I feel like the friendship could have been saved even through the fucking rape comment, but not after what happened on Saturday. A 15 year friendship ruined over you rubbing my tit. Hope it was worth it, buddy.
    Yuk, sorry you had to go through that.
    I wish more dudes would read Plato on Socrates and self-control. It's one of his best points. What kind of decent human beings can we possibly hope to be if we can't control our impulses?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Jeez. It ain't like you ran over their child or anything.
    Exactly my point. I hope I can get it across that, come on, this isn't so big of a deal.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Exactly my point. I hope I can get it across that, come on, this isn't so big of a deal.
    Yes it is. Some people work late shifts, swing shifts (trying to SLEEP), some are studying for tests, some don't like YOUR music, etc. It's fucking annoying and when it's happened to me, I wanted to go to that person's apartment and shoot them in the fucking head and watch their brains splatter onto the wall. Get some headphones or go buy a house. I am very passionate about my music, too, but when I lived in apartments I was conscious that others were not passionate about MY music as they were about theirs and, hey, I'M LIVING IN A FUCKING APARTMENT, NOT A HOUSE. Apartments are not anywhere near soundproof. Why didn't they knock on your door? Gee, a few times my neighbors and I tried that with this one guy, he told us to go fuck ourselves and then he turned it LOUDER. So then we just started calling the Chicago cops. So, yeah, being passionate about your music and playing it loudly in multi-family housing means you're forgetting you live in multi-family housing, and you're going to get evicted. It's important to realize, at all times, that you're living in multi-family housing. I grew up in multi-family housing, so I instinctively WALK SOFTLY because I grew up walking on the 2nd floor.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-25-2016 at 10:01 PM.