Page 130 of 263 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 7887

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    @playwithfire don't do it. tony isn't that bad of a person but being friends with him on facebook made me incessantly angry, every fucking day.
    Ive mellowed out since we were friends a few years back lol

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Now Tony just posts videos of him spray painting things, and raging about someone leaving a note on his car.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Now Tony just posts videos of him spray painting things, and raging about someone leaving a note on his car.
    New tony doesn't piss people off on purpose as much anymore as he's now friends with his wife's parents on fb.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    New tony doesn't piss people off on purpose as much anymore as he's now friends with his wife's parents on fb.
    Sorry bruh, I like my carefully crafted social media echo chamber and only friend ets people I'm actually pals with, but thanks for the thought? You get an overview of it here, to a degree anyway. Go watch the kayak bear vid if you haven't.
    Last edited by playwithfire; 10-01-2015 at 11:37 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Go watch the kayak bear vid if you haven't.
    Are you accusing me of trying to eat your social water flotation device?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    insomnia and a lack of sky activity. i live in the burbs and im too intoxicated to go on the highway and see stars. some planet is bright right now though. it's all i can watch at this moment.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    psoriasis pisses me off. hugely.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    A tattoo to mark that an animal has been spayed/neutured. Who the hell chose the color green?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Cc'ing someone's team member, or even more dumbly, their supervisor, on an email the *first* time you check in with a person about something you need from them is some evil shit.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Cc'ing someone's team member, or even more dumbly, their supervisor, on an email the *first* time you check in with a person about something you need from them is some evil shit.
    Yeah, some people do that for passive aggressive reasons, some because they want to make sure their supervisor knows they actually work. It's all lack of trust.

Little thing - when people don't even respond to emails. Especially when it's one that is requesting that they do something that is their area of expertise.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Yeah, some people do that for passive aggressive reasons, some because they want to make sure their supervisor knows they actually work. It's all lack of trust.
    Yeah, like, if you're pinging me and not getting response and choose to loop my supervisor in (something that won't be necessary), okay, sure.

But if you're cc'ing my boss THE FIRST TIME... you are the worst.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    the water supply in our county has been tainted by a sewer line.

We already drink bottled water, but we are having to boil water for the pets. The water coming out of the tap smells like shit, literally.
    Also, i passed out early and didn't take a shower yesterday. And now i'm dirty as fuck, and i don't want to shower in that shit!
    We don't even know if it's safe yet.

It's gonna be like this "indefinitely."
    I sure hope they fix it soon.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Not finding a wrist/forearm brace that fits. Apparently, I'm the first plus sized person in the history of the US to have ever broken an arm. So lame.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    someone came and smashed our halloween pumpkin.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    i just don't understand when people do shit like that. what the hell is the point? just to make someone else feel bad? why do people go out of their way to do things like that? i'm sorry, dude.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    My wifes parents are super upset because they have some sort of rodent eating their pumpkins every night.
    Why would they be mad?!? Their pumpkins now all have badass little rat or raccoon teeth marks all over them and i'm jealous as fuck.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    FUCK. Somebody has apparently hacked my AIM account and created a new password, and AIM is telling me that they cannot process my request to reset my password until their regular business hours commence.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! YOU'RE AOL!

No wonder you fucking toddlers are a joke. Thanks for letting some dipshit steal my password... I kept AIM active because I had a few friends who seemed to only interact on that chat option. No more. Sorry. Fuck this

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    i just don't understand when people do shit like that. what the hell is the point? just to make someone else feel bad? why do people go out of their way to do things like that? i'm sorry, dude.
    Thanks. Is this a thing that people do? A known thing?

"Smashing Pumpkins" comes to mind...I always thought it meant, like, going in a field and smashing them, not people's porches.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Thanks. Is this a thing that people do? A known thing?

"Smashing Pumpkins" comes to mind...I always thought it meant, like, going in a field and smashing them, not people's porches.
    my wife's parents stopped putting their pumpkins outside because some neighborhood kids smashed them two years in a row and it really upset them.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    My wifes parents are super upset because they have some sort of rodent eating their pumpkins every night.
    Why would they be mad?!? Their pumpkins now all have badass little rat or raccoon teeth marks all over them and i'm jealous as fuck.
    LOL ours get eaten by chipmunks every year, too. It's so weird going out the next day and half the pumpkin's face is missing

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    LOL ours get eaten by chipmunks every year, too. It's so weird going out the next day and half the pumpkin's face is missing
    We have pumpkins outside our door at our apartment and every morning i'm super bummed there's no little critter bites on it.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    When a screen-adapted book is being reissued with movie/drama poster artwork as a new cover.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    my copy of 'mysterious skin' is like that. i don't like it, but it's still a good book.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Fucking Back to the Future 2.

Edit: It's not that I hate the movie, I just wish everybody would shut the fuck up.
    Last edited by DF118; 10-21-2015 at 07:34 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post

Edit: It's not that I hate the movie, I just wish everybody would shut the fuck up.
    it was just one day! let everyone have their fun.

i'm pissed off about how pissed off people are about the cubs. i just have no understanding or tolerance for sports fanaticism and i don't care if your stupid team didn't make it to the finals or whatever they're called. at least now there won't be riots here when they win or lose at the end.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    it was just one day! let everyone have their fun.

i'm pissed off about how pissed off people are about the cubs. i just have no understanding or tolerance for sports fanaticism and i don't care if your stupid team didn't make it to the finals or whatever they're called. at least now there won't be riots here when they win or lose at the end.
    Yeah, you know, I don't get how people can be pissed about this. The better team won, the Cubs went farther than they've gone since 2003, there is no fucking "curse," the Hawks eventually built a great team with a great owner and manager and the Cubs are on their way to that, but it doesn't happen overnight and even the Cubs' owners and management didn't expect to win the World Series this year, we got this far by a fucking WILD CARD WIN. Jesus, people, come on. Wtf. I am seeing a lot more light-hearted "we'll do it next year!" than assholes, though.

(It was the Pennant we were going for, btw. The NY Mets won the National League Pennant, and will now go to the World Series.)
    Last edited by allegro; 10-22-2015 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Our little town goes nuts for football. (our part of the state and texas in general do too, but that's beside the point.)
    This year, our second full year living here, my wife and i decided to get into the high school football thing. The stadium is right behind our house.

Anyway, our rival school is ranked #1 in the state and won the state title last year. Our town is ranked number 8 in the state, and has won state a few times.

Both teams were undefeated, and realistically, none of the other teams are going to beat us. So whoever won tonight's game pretty much wins the district.

ANNNNNNNND....the fuckers came out and stomped a texas sized mudhole in our collective heart.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Put the uncarved pumpkin outside and smear peanut oil on the spots where the jack-o-lantern's eyes/nose/mouth should be.

potentially cool results?

hmmm, youtube video isn't autoloading... is there a new thing where we need to embed them in bracketed tags?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Long venting post ahead.

I'm not into cellphones. The one I have now is just in case of emergencies. It's the same one I had back in 2009 when I went to the Sonoio show in Quebec city and which I used to post telegraph-like messages in the Old ETS thread (poor Alessandro was having a horrible time and kept a very bad memory from his stay here). It's the same one that came with me to Toronto in Jume 2009 to see NIN. It's a little flip phone that's now old but it's still doing its job of making phone calls when I need to. When I bought it, I went with Virgin Mobile because I had plan all along to use refill cards when I needed to use it. In the last couple of years, I decided to keep refilling it because of, well, reasons. But I'm not using it that much so now, I have a balance of $250 on it. I'm being very careful not to lose it too.

In the last few months I thought a lot about upgrading it to the cheapest smartphone available. I don't plan on using it to take selfies or stuff like that but I like the idea to be able to access the Net if I need to (read: emergencies). Last week, my brother brought me one that he had been given by a friend of his who didn't need it anymore. It's a cheap little smart phone just like I wanted. So I decided to have my Virgin account transferred to the new phone. I knew I had to buy a SIM card for it and all that jazz. It was a simple matter, right? WRONG.

I went to the Virgin Mobile store near where I live. I presented the new phone to the employee and I explained to him that I needed a SIM card for it and then, that I wanted to transfer my account to it. He started by telling me that the new phone I had was worthless and that it couldn't be done (which I knew was untrue; cheap yes but not worthless and I knew it would work with their network because the person my brother got it from was using it with their parent company which are on the same network). And then he went into full speech sale mode and tried to sell the very latest Samsung Galaxy phone (of which I knew about; I'm not that outdated) which I did not need at all and to top that, he tried to convince me that I needed to get a 2 years plan with them. He was all very polite (and so was I) but I knew I was not getting that. And I left, still with my old flip phone and a new one I could not use.

Yesterday (because I had suspicions) I sent my brother to the same store with the same phone and with the same demands. Lo and behold: of course sir; no problems sir, it will only take a second! At this point, my brother asked why I was given the bullshit I was given just the night before. That's when the employee (I don't know if he was the same one I had seen) started to see he was in deep shit. He went on full defense mode, saying it wasn't him who had told me that (I'm really not sure that true since my "friendly" guy had told me he was going to work at the time my brother went to) and the cherry on top of the sunday which I am quoting verbatim:

"When we get people who don't seem *quite there* or who don't seem to know much, we are told to do everything possible to sell them a phone."

So my brother made quite the scene and gave them hell.

And here I am, still with my old phone with $250 bucks on in and with another useless phone. I'm pissed that because I'm:

a) a woman
    b) with salt and pepper hair
    c) who don't want to spend my days taking selfies and texting people

I was treated like some gullible moron.

tbc in the Mental Health thread.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    FUCK. Somebody has apparently hacked my AIM account and created a new password, and AIM is telling me that they cannot process my request to reset my password until their regular business hours commence.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! YOU'RE AOL!

No wonder you fucking toddlers are a joke. Thanks for letting some dipshit steal my password... I kept AIM active because I had a few friends who seemed to only interact on that chat option. No more. Sorry. Fuck this
    That reminds me of that time something like that actually happened to Trent Reznor in 1998. It's all still clearly messed up though.

http://www.theninhotline.net/archives/articles/xart42.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

Put the uncarved pumpkin outside and smear peanut oil on the spots where the jack-o-lantern's eyes/nose/mouth should be.

potentially cool results?

hmmm, youtube video isn't autoloading... is there a new thing where we need to embed them in bracketed tags?
    I actually wasn't aware that autoloading was an option as I've always used the bracketed tags. Anyway, I thought of being of help here. If you also want to type it out yourself, just type the YouTube URL in between [VIDEO] and [/VIDEO] without spaces. Otherwise, just click on the film strip symbol that says Insert Video when you hover your cursor above it for a few seconds.

This feature has always interested me since the early 2010s, not just because of how convenient it is and how nice it looks, but also as to how it can sometimes be slightly different in other forums.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-25-2015 at 08:31 AM.