Page 67 of 264 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 7895

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    except that uverse is HORRIBLE. every customer i have who has tried uverse has made me switch them back to whatever they had before in less than a month, because they hate it so much.
    It's either that, or I pay 125 dollars every month because I keep going over my data cap. AT&T is the lesser of the evils in my area.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    My ISP interrupting my streaming radio at :45 after the hour, every hour. Gee whiz, I thought I was paying for continuous broadband I guess not, little thing - fucking annoying.
    Tell me about it! I wasn't really having too many problems with the internet until the last week or so. All of a sudden I kept losing the connection, which is especially annoying when you're right in the middle of watching something on Netflix. So then I have to unplug the router, plug it back in, wait for it to boot back up, blah, blah, blah, only to have it happen again a few minutes later.

It isn't happening all the time but a lot more than it used to. It's pissing me off.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Tell me about it! I wasn't really having too many problems with the internet until the last week or so. All of a sudden I kept losing the connection, which is especially annoying when you're right in the middle of watching something on Netflix. So then I have to unplug the router, plug it back in, wait for it to boot back up, blah, blah, blah, only to have it happen again a few minutes later.

It isn't happening all the time but a lot more than it used to. It's pissing me off.
    Sounds like it's time for a new router!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    Iron tablets doing all sorts of bad things to my stomach
    Ferrous sulfate is evil. It made my stomach very unhappy. Also, ferrous sulfate isn't absorbed all that well, though you can boost absorption by taking it with foods containing vitamin C and heme iron and avoiding foods containing polyphenols. I prefer chelated iron; ferrous gluconate is chelated. It doesn't matter when you take it or what food with which you eat it, and my stomach was happy.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post

When mine interrupts I just have to relaunch the app (NPR biotches) so I agree with @allegro if you have to go all the way to the router, you may have an issue there. Ever updated it?

Policy management on wireless data has been around for awhile now. Pushing this shit on home broadband to a plain old Joe like me is redunkoulus. I'm not gaming, or have 5 tvs, 5 iPads, etc streaming all day long. It's one Internet radio!

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Imsomnia again... and this time, I finally get some quick rest early in the morning, and my neighbor in the unit below me starts making his shitty hip hop beats at 7:00 in the morning. Is that even legal?

Either way, thanks a lot neighbor. Now I'm going to be operating on about 15 minutes of sleep, instead of what might have at least been a couple hours.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Having my powers to facepalm the guy in the Gone Girl thread taken away.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    ot ome oodbye nvites f nyone ants ome

ah ot aeally

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i've been sick since last friday.
    my wedding was on sunday.
    i finally got anti-biotics today.
    i still spent 10 minutes in the shower hacking up stuff.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Yeah, my insomnia is acting up big time again. At least I should get an early night tonight, for the first time in two weeks.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Earlier today I finally had the chance to watch my This One Is On Us DVD on our new UHD television, but then Ma called and said that we had company showing up in about ten minutes (she was still twenty minutes out), so I had to turn it off. I'm hoping I can try again tomorrow.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    except that uverse is HORRIBLE. every customer i have who has tried uverse has made me switch them back to whatever they had before in less than a month, because they hate it so much.
    It hasn't been universally (uversally?) bad for me, but lately it's been sucking pretty hard. Like I'm giving videos a 10 minute headstart just to get through them without buffering every 20 seconds.

Nothing like the Cablevision connection at work — possibly the only cable company that doesn't suck.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Sounds like it's time for a new router!
    I hadn't even thought of that! I just thought my internet connection sucked (which it kind of does...I mean, I was paying for 25 mbps and there were times when was getting ONE, which should not be happening. Now I'm getting 50 and it seems to be better).

Anyway, I will have to contact my ISP and see if I can switch routers. Thanks for the advice!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Big shout out to @Leviathant for name dropping me in a closed thread where people were attacking each other when I've never been guilty of that at all on this board ever. I think you confused me with well...every other moderator on this board.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Big shout out to @Leviathant for name dropping me in a closed thread where people were attacking each other when I've never been guilty of that at all on this board ever. I think you confused me with well...every other moderator on this board.
    Relax. I dropped your name because I was talking about re-enabling the stuff you got when you donated. It was an obtuse reference for sure, but I was in no way intimating that you behaved like the people I was directing the comment at.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There's air in my plumbing (not a euphemism) and I've been trying to get my plumber (not a euphemism) round since Tuesday. The only way I can stop the noise in the meantime is to keep my shower constantly running. Yaaaay.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Relax. I dropped your name because I was talking about re-enabling the stuff you got when you donated. It was an obtuse reference for sure, but I was in no way intimating that you behaved like the people I was directing the comment at.
    There was a few other people that got their privilages revoked but didn't get named. There was a reason why you used my name, and it was brought up completely randomly for the soul purpose of having an excuse to bring to light the fact i'm being "punished". I understanding publicly shaming everyone involved in the incident and I completely support that, but jesus.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There was a few other people that got their privilages revoked but didn't get named. There was a reason why you used my name, and it was brought up completely randomly for the soul purpose of having an excuse to bring to light the fact i'm being "punished". I understanding publicly shaming everyone involved in the incident and I completely support that, but jesus.

I thought it was all in jest and quite lighthearted.

See also: If I have to stop you, I'm taking your heterosexual powers and giving them to @slave2thewage
    If I have to stop you, I'm taking your virgin powers and giving them to @Magtig
    If I have to stop you, I'm taking your vegan powers and giving them to @johnbron

If it were a few years ago, the name at the end of Leviathant's original sentence would be Christo, Mafu, or even me. I think someone suggested I become a moderator a couple of years ago and the admin and I let out a collective LOLNO.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    You were the leader of our gang of Internet Outlaws. You're responsible for those who follow your lead.

RIDE OR DIE, BITCH.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    There's air in my plumbing (not a euphemism) and I've been trying to get my plumber (not a euphemism) round since Tuesday. The only way I can stop the noise in the meantime is to keep my shower constantly running. Yaaaay.
    Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer starts doing everything in the shower, including roasting a turkey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rotten cough I've had all week and doesn't look like going away anytime soon. It's particularly bad when I wake up in the mornings and splutter nonstop for thirty seconds. I've had to wear a surgical mask at work so I don't infect anyone else. I'd love to chuck a sickie, but unfortunately I have to go as I need the money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got sunburned last weekend at a concert and now my boobs are peeling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spending an hour writing a reply to a post and not being able to post it because I've been automatically logged out as I forgot to click on the remember me box.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    $400 parking tickets. FML

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

This utter piece of shit for a human being.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

This utter piece of shit for a human being.
    Ugh she isn't human, she's trash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The cold I have had for the past week needs to do one, it's annoying me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The people who you expect and should be there for you but never seem to be when the chips are down. Sometimes it's my fault for expecting things from certain people but on the flip side I'm always surprised about the people who show their love and support. It can come from the most unexpected places and from unexpected people.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    The cold I have had for the past week needs to do one, it's annoying me.
    i've been sick since last friday morning, my wedding was last sunday, and i'm still sick. i've been taking anti-biotics for the last three days (besides all of the sinus medication i've been taking the whole time) and nothing has helped so far. hope you feel better!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

Took my vehicle to get the oil changed only to discover the front right tire needs to be replaced due to outer damage to the tire wall. I'm hoping it's hyperbole because I was warned the tire could blow out at any time. The right bump and poof!

Plus, I need to make a vet appointment because one of cats has a cyst that they won't stopped cleaning so there's an open scab that's growing. I need to take him in before the cyst bursts open.