Page 5 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I have a job with multiple bosses and got yelled at twice today for following the directions of one and apparently going against the wishes of the other. Fun times.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    @blackholesun Sorry, I read that as "multiple blowjobs"

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    I have a job with multiple bosses and got yelled at twice today for following the directions of one and apparently going against the wishes of the other. Fun times.
    The mere thought of that didn't just annoy me, but it also made my skin crawl.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Strata fees.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    When your underwear goes right up your...

No, wait... I kinda like that...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    No matter how many times I tell Hulu the ad I'm watching isn't relevant, they keep playing it anyway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Pandora. Pandora is fucking horrible. No matter what musician or band I start with, I end up listening to Skrillex. Rammstein? Have some Skrillex. KMFDM? Skrillex remix. Tom Waits? Give it an hour or so, and then Skrillex. Thumbs down Skrillex? HAZ MOAR SKRILLEX! Switch to Queen. EVEN MOAR SKRILLEX!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As of last night at a friend's 21st...

'Friends' who leave the party early to go to a nightclub, just to get more drink and stay out longer... as opposed to staying with friends until we're told to leave the premises of the party and then everyone go their own ways. It annoys me that people put alcohol and partying before their close friends.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A major metropolitan flood warning system that I have installed and maintain, is starting to fail across the board and I have no idea why.
    We're also horrendously short-staffed and can't possibly meet demands, especially when work is increasing exponentially.

I think I'll just stop writing quotations and applying for tenders so we actually have a manageable workload for once.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Paypal is such a total fail for me. I don't know why I even bother with eBay anymore.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    People who you dont hear from for ages, who only contact you when they want to boast of their good news!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    People who you dont hear from for ages, who only contact you when they want to boast of their good news!
    And people who do it to try and get back at you for something. Back in like 2002 me and a friend had a bad friend-breakup with a third person because of her increasingly erratic behavior and drama. A few years ago we were at a concert and we ran into her. Well... I ran into her, other friend was coming back from the bathroom, saw her, turned tail and booked, leaving me to deal with the situation.

Apparently she was still holding a grudge, because she said "I'm married to a musician and travel a lot. Yeah, I've been doing really well since you guys turned your backs on me!"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Same situation! My ex friend could of actually tried to find out why I broke up with her but instead after two months decides to tell me of her fabulous new job and how she passed her driving test. Thanks but I could have lived without that information!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    When a friend constantly implies that their musical knowledge and tastes are vastly superior to your own. Soooooooooooo boring.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    today I helped some people out with making a music video. And I listened to the song about five thousand times.

It's not a negative comment about the band's music or anything, I just think hearing that song on repeat all day may have driven me to madness.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 03-24-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaned View Post
    Got home from a photoshoot and uploaded the photos to my computer. Turns out a bunch of them are missing, and there were some good shots in there too. I dunno how the hell it happened but it was a perfect day until that.

Fuckity shit mc fuckingston
    I've been having this a lot lately (especially with pictures I'd really like to keep, of holidays and pets that are no longer around etc). Out of interest are you using a Sony? I have been, seems to be the only memory card giving me trouble. I wonder if memory cards are just particularly unreliable in general?

Anyway, sorry you lost your stuff mate.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Weather small talk.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    today I helped some people out with making a music video. And I listened to the song about five thousand times.

It's not a negative comment about the band's music or anything, I just think hearing that song on repeat all day may have driven me to madness.
    this has made me hate my own music as well.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Ah fuck you Gmail for...just fuck you.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I have the worst luck with headphones. Another pair i have to buy. fuck

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'll never get what sports do to people. WSU gets into the final four, and suddenly people "have never been more proud to be from Wichita!"

Yeah. The people you don't know did well in a game that you don't play for a school you never attended. You should be so proud!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The word "comedienne" which seems to have only become common recently is superfluous, unnecesary and just generally needs to die.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by staleincense View Post
    The word "comedienne" which seems to have only become common recently is superfluous, unnecesary and just generally needs to die.
    Nah, that's been around FOREVER, like before Carol Burnett; it's a throwback to the times when female job titles had to be feminized. Like, Stewardess and Actress and Waitress.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Goddamn Axiom 61 just shit the bed. Apparently they have their very own BSOD (a blank blue screen), and the problem is the motherboard of the keyboard which you can't order as a part anymore and whatever goddamn company just bought m-audio seems to be totally unresponsive about repairs. Fucking hell, I didn't even abuse this gear (for once).

I'm fucking buying AKAI or something next time. Shit.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    m-audio used to be go-to gear, didn't it?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    m-audio used to be go-to gear, didn't it?
    For a long time, yeah. The internets are filled with people who have had the same problem as me.
    Last edited by Magtig; 04-02-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Last edited by Magtig; 04-02-2013 at 01:31 AM. Reason: double vag double anal double post

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Friend of mine used to be all over their stuff. I didn't know they'd been bought out, but now that I know the quality has dropped off (as well the customer support) I won't be buying any...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's a bummer. I might still try to get it repaired because it's a $400 controller. Shit. I guess I'll use my (tiny) MPK Mini in the meantime, but I can't exactly play a rhodes on that thing. :/

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Went shopping for business shirts today and returned with nothing. I have plenty of casual shirts but all business stuff looks like total shit! Damnit!!!