Page 52 of 263 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 7887

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm not religious and I rarely slag those who are but the people that do nothing, say nothing or have no interest in anything BUT religion and its all they they talk about need to get a life. Rambling about God, faith, holiness, being saved, blessed, etc every 5 minutes about nothing are annoying, boring people. I hate living where I do, so many of those people here too. I ran into a few the other day and read some posts elsewhere.

Meh.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    we went to lake delevan/lake geneva last october for a couple days, and it was nice to just be away. we still did what we usually do when we're home, except in a bed: we ordered pizza every night and got drunk while watching things on netflix.
    Oh we don't spend the night, we drive home that night. It's actually closer to Kenosha than it is to Lake Geneva. We both have crazy stressful jobs so we escape to decompress.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The local rock station, a Fort Wayne institution, has been converted into a by-the-numbers, same-old-shit Classic Rock station. As it was the station resembled that a little but it no longer has the taste of the local flavor (and the remaining DJ's who have not been fired are taking two weeks off). It's been bought out by the Adams group, which is a Republican-backed company. I swear, the radio stations are becoming more and more like the basic food groups. Thank goodness for NPR, for at least having some backbone and independence to it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my fiancee and i have plans to go live in the woods someday. i really hope we actually can.
    Get a tiny house and it's feasible!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Humidity and cat hair.
    And the fact that I probably posted this last year, too.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i sliced my right middle finger open this morning (before i even started working...it was while i was getting something out of the truck) so i have a band-aid on it, which makes it really hard to type/scroll on my laptop. :/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My mom has been in the hospital for the last week. Her liver collapsed. She's in the ICU. That's as far as I know. I live several hours away from her, without transportation or family close enough willing to help. The hospital won't give me any information and the doctor that was supposed to call me or a family member today didn't call. Fuck the California hospital system. I haven't slept since I've found out. I'm not that close to my mom, but in the last few years we have buried the hatchet and have found some common ground. I just talked to her a few days before she was hospitalized and told her how I was going to try to come visit her on her birthday in July.

I'm angry. I'm confused. I'm sad. I'm humbled. I miss my mom.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    :: hug :: i am so, so sorry.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    My mom has been in the hospital for the last week.

I'm angry. I'm confused. I'm sad. I'm humbled. I miss my mom.
    I realize there are privacy laws that keep patient conditions from being announced, but you're family. Get well soon Mom.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    When someone makes plans with you ahead of time and then cancels for no actual reason, and doesn't even bother to make up one other than "I don't feel like it." I understand that things come up and plans change, but when everything is fine and the person just decides, "I don't feel like it," it's really frustrating.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It turns out that I'd actually appreciate "I don't feel like it." in comparison to a bunch of "I don't know.", "I'm not sure.", and "Maybe." responses, especially when it's obvious that they don't want to, or simply can't follow up to the plans. This is what reminds me as to why I should be comfortable in saying no. And from the looks it, when other people tell me that they'd rather not make plans, or rather not have me call them, it always seems to be a case of "Don't bother to make any plans. It's not happening."
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 06-13-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Kid next door broke into my house this morning and rummaged through our stuff. Even had the nerve to use my tablet computer to do some searches on Batman. Cop had to let him out as apparently he was somehow then stuck in the house after breaking in through the window. Can't wait to get the fun details on this one. I know he has some "developmental issues" but god damn wtf parents?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    When I say something clearly, in different ways, and multiple times only to still not be heard or understood.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Shitty "journalism". Especially the headline: "Woman goes to disturbing lengths for perfect hourglass figure"
    Why is this disturbing? She's wearing a corset because she wants to modify her body. Don't even THINK about heading to the comments section on this one...

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Stupid fucking dumb fucks who try to board the train before letting people off. ESPECIALLY at a stop that is ALWAYS going to have a lot of transfers during peak hours. Fuck. I want to ram all of those asshole over.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Stupid fucking dumb fucks who try to board the train before letting people off. ESPECIALLY at a stop that is ALWAYS going to have a lot of transfers during peak hours. Fuck. I want to ram all of those asshole over.
    I witness that every morning. Hate it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

Add to that idiots who try to get on the elevator without letting people exit, first. Wtf, were you raised by animals?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i don't know if this is gonna be good or bad yet,
    but my brother, pregnant sister in law, and their two year old are planning to move in with us.
    it's a big house, but gawddamn.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    ...bad... move... gawddamn.
    I'm honestly starting to think this is a reality show you're pitching to MTV.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Working title: Far Beyond Eleven.

I have never understood that shit.
    http://gothamist.com/tags/subwayetiquette#.
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/business_...e_a_laugh.html

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I realize there are privacy laws that keep patient conditions from being announced, but you're family. Get well soon Mom.
    Going up to visit with a few family members today. I finally got a chance to talk to the doctor. She is on life support as of now and likely won't make it once off. Not sure if this is goodbye or not. I've been feeling so numb the last few days. She's too young to go. She's only 47. She's beaten cancer and alcoholism.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I am so sorry. It's an awful feeling to have a parent in that condition. There's nothing I can say that is going to make you feel any better, but I hope you hang in there, and if you want to vent or talk feel free to shoot me a PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Someone who had made plans with me for today cancelled last night because they said they weren't going anywhere today because of how sick they were. I thought, "Okay, that's more than fair." They said they were going to the doctor's and would tell me what happens later today, and again, that's fine. Here it is, end of the day, and they've not said a word to me, across any platform we communicate on, despite me attempting to contact them, and their sick selves who were too ill to spend time with me today are out instagramming photos of themselves with friends and posting on websites all day, ignoring every single call and text I made when I was worried that they weren't okay, it wasn't until I checked some of their social media that I realized they were just fucking fine, just totally deciding to ignore me.

So yeah, great goddamn day for me.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    I'm honestly starting to think this is a reality show you're pitching to MTV.
    it fucking should be for christ's sake

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I am so sorry. It's an awful feeling to have a parent in that condition. There's nothing I can say that is going to make you feel any better, but I hope you hang in there, and if you want to vent or talk feel free to shoot me a PM.
    Thank you. I am lucky to have a good support system, but sometimes it is easier to talk to someone removed from the situation that you don't know as well. Thanks for the kind words.

Now for the update. My ride up to my mom was cancelled. I was to go with my aunt and cousin. My aunt and uncle are foster parents. One of the families they have fostered for, they got really close with. Long story short, some of their family was in a fatal car accident this morning. I don't know these people, but obviously they are close to my family members. I can't fathom what they are feeling.

Life is fleeting. Always make sure you tell the ones you love you love them. I don't care if that's cliche.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I went out for a walk earlier and I was wearing a shitty pair of shoes. Normally they're my indoor shoes. Now they're my "your feet are damp and clammy because it was raining and you're lazy" shoes.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Going up to visit with a few family members today. I finally got a chance to talk to the doctor. She is on life support as of now and likely won't make it once off. Not sure if this is goodbye or not. I've been feeling so numb the last few days. She's too young to go. She's only 47. She's beaten cancer and alcoholism.
    //hug//. I'm so sorry. I don't have anything sweet and comforting to say. You are all too young to have to deal with this.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Someone who had made plans with me for today cancelled last night because they said they weren't going anywhere today because of how sick they were. I thought, "Okay, that's more than fair." They said they were going to the doctor's and would tell me what happens later today, and again, that's fine. Here it is, end of the day, and they've not said a word to me, across any platform we communicate on, despite me attempting to contact them, and their sick selves who were too ill to spend time with me today are out instagramming photos of themselves with friends and posting on websites all day, ignoring every single call and text I made when I was worried that they weren't okay, it wasn't until I checked some of their social media that I realized they were just fucking fine, just totally deciding to ignore me.

So yeah, great goddamn day for me.
    dude i'll fucking kick it with you. if yer ever on 287 between dallas and denver, hit me up.

edit: btw...i have to warn you...if you're talking about a girl, i don't have a pussy...

other than than, don't forget that boy told ya
    get that dirt off yer shoulders

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Indifference Day this year was more like Depressing Day which is kinda' like a Every Day so I'm not so sure what made this sooooo very special but suffice it to say, today sucked.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Not sure if @elevenism hasn't taken his Ritalin when he's on ETS

Or is on cocaine