Page 3 of 263 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I was doing fine with the whole not smoking thing, in fact it was going a lot easier than it ever has any other time I've tried to quit. So I just thought that to myself, "wow, this has been surprisingly easy this time. It's three days now and I haven't had a cigarette and don't even waaaaa" and just then I started getting crazy cravings that have been nagging at me for an hour or so now.

So, maybe the trick is to not think about it? All I can think about now is how much better I'd feel if I had a smoke. worst drug ever.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-06-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    It's really fucking weird. Last time I tried to quit I was dating this girl and when I was with her I didn't even think about cigarettes. Mind you, that was PHYSICALLY with her. When she was around I didn't even get that twitchy finger thing I tend to get when I haven't had a smoke in a while. (The index and swear fingers on my left hand tend to feel neglected if I haven't smoked in a bit...)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

I've developed arthritic symptoms in my knees in the last 24 hours. It fluctuates but at its worst I can't walk. My health person said I should monitor it for a while. It could be my condition or the treatment for it or both. Great.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I was doing fine with the whole not smoking thing, in fact it was going a lot easier than it ever has any other time I've tried to quit. So I just thought that to myself, "wow, this has been surprisingly easy this time. It's three days now and I haven't had a cigarette and don't even waaaaa" and just then I started getting crazy cravings that have been nagging at me for an hour or so now.

So, maybe the trick is to not think about it? All I can think about now is how much better I'd feel if I had a smoke. worst drug ever.
    YES absolutely do NOT think about it. At all ever!!

I smelled smoke from somebody's cigarette yesterday and actually briefly enjoyed it, mmmm cigarette. I quit smoking 12 fucking years ago.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Got a new job since 2 weeks which is quite nice, BUT they don't have an office space for me yet so I have to work at home with absolutely no one looking over my shoulder. This might very well be the worst working environment I've been in since university. I'm even thinking about going to the library in order to get things done in a timely fashion... Goddamn I can not seem to moviate me in anyway so I've been lurking around for most of the day and coming up with shit just mere minutes before I head of to the office for the occasional meetings. People are happy with what I do, but the situation is extremely shitty. I'm really looking forward to my boss coming back from his business trip so we can work things out or I either have to work on my discpline. I'm a lazy fuck...

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Dumb ass Corporate IT. I use a VPN all the time. At home, in airports, at other people's homes, in hotels, on a fucking plane. Don't tell me to re-install the s/w when it stops working. YOU ARE BLOCKING MY IP ADDRESS - FIX IT. Grrrrrr "We are dispatching your ticket. Please wait for a call back." I might hear from ya'll on Monday.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Well, it looks like I'm going to see Louis CK alone next weekend. Bummer. I'm getting kind of tired of going to events by myself. I'm still not sure I want to go by myself. On the other hand, I'll probably kick myself if I don't go (I missed him AND Patton last year and was pretty mad at myself...again, no one would go with me). That's if tickets are even still available, which they very well may not be.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Well, it looks like I'm going to see Louis CK alone next weekend. Bummer. I'm getting kind of tired of going to events by myself. I'm still not sure I want to go by myself. On the other hand, I'll probably kick myself if I don't go (I missed him AND Patton last year and was pretty mad at myself...again, no one would go with me). That's if tickets are even still available, which they very well may not be.
    Be happy that he's playing in your town though! It seems like Louis CK has an aversion to doing sets in Los Angeles unless he's playing some super secret show that's impossible to get into.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I don't know about past tours, but I know for this one, at least, he had said that because he wasn't using Ticketmaster this time around and was just doing it all himself, there were a lot of venues he couldn't get into because they had exclusive deals with TM. I think he specifically mentioned Los Angeles as one of the cities where he couldn't find a venue that would work with him.

It makes sense, too, because the place he's doing the show out here is an "in the round" theater. I hope to God the show is not actually in the round, though. I'm hoping he'll, like, curtain off half the theater and use it as a backdrop so it's a normal show. I don't want to stare at his back half the show. I don't think it's conducive to comedy.

Then again, Louis is playing arenas now. Like, as of a couple weeks ago. He is doing the O2 in London and then he's playing an arena in Colorado and Idaho now, which was just announced. So I probably shouldn't miss this show because it might be the last time I ever get the chance to see him in a small venue (and I will not see him at an arena unless I get close seats. Not interested in seeing a comedy show from the nosebleeds, thanks).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    YES absolutely do NOT think about it. At all ever!!

I smelled smoke from somebody's cigarette yesterday and actually briefly enjoyed it, mmmm cigarette. I quit smoking 12 fucking years ago.
    I quite twice, the last time about 5 years ago, and I still get cravings now and then. I hate it!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I don't want to stare at his back half the show.
    Meh, that's 50% less back-staring than seeing Tool...

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    man.... it's my birthday, I was hanging out with some friends, and I screwed up and had a cigarette. I got almost nothing from it, I don't know why I did it... but now I feel a bit guilty. I'm trying to rationalize it as "it was my birthday, I'm allowed to fuck up a bit today on my resolutions," but I'm still disappointed in myself. I guess I'd rather celebrate getting older by sticking to my guns and acting like a proper adult who can resist temptation.

Oh well, I can still write it off as an anomaly.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    @Jinsai Happy birthday to you good sir! Don't be too hard on yourself about the cig slip up. It happens; we're only human after all and mistakes are made so we can learn from them.

And the reason I'm here: new ETS needs a Shitlist, just like in the good old times of old ETS. I've read some posts in the last few minutes that make my fingers itch to start one.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I really hate the fact that I still withdraw from posting on ets more often because I feel my english is not good enough to accurately get across what I intend to say.

And that's coming from someone who gets send to business meetings with international collegues, because he is said to be the most fluent speaker. Fuck unnecessary insecurities!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Seems pretty good to me!

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    man.... it's my birthday, I was hanging out with some friends, and I screwed up and had a cigarette. I got almost nothing from it, I don't know why I did it... but now I feel a bit guilty. I'm trying to rationalize it as "it was my birthday, I'm allowed to fuck up a bit today on my resolutions," but I'm still disappointed in myself. I guess I'd rather celebrate getting older by sticking to my guns and acting like a proper adult who can resist temptation.

Oh well, I can still write it off as an anomaly.
    It sucks that you're feeling bad (especially on your birthday), but think of it this way- that might not be such a bad thing. It means you're really serious about quitting. It's not like you had one and were like, well, screw it, what's the big deal? You realized it was a mistake and you're determined not to let it happen again. It shows resolve.

So...yeah. Like Marodi said, you're human, dude. Don't beat yourself up over it.

And happy birthday!
    Last edited by theruiner; 02-12-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    No Youtube, I don't want to use my full name, that's a bad Youtube!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Who the hell gave the sign-off on the new iTunes? A fucking retarded camel??

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I have had one horrible song after another stuck in my head all day long, and it's starting to drive me nuts. I'm currently stuck on that fucking awful "home is wherever I'm with you" song, before that it was whatever that shitty beer commercial song by The Lumineers is called, before that it was fucking Mumford and Sons, and before that, the song that started it all, the "I'm such a baby oh the dolphins make me cry" song by Hootie. How the hell did I get a song by Hootie and the fucking Blowfish stuck in my head?

I'm going to wash my brain out with some Merzbow.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Mumford and Sons is SOOOOOO BORING!!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Pfft! You guys are lucky. I've had this stuck in my head since last Friday and it's driving me CRAZY so it's my pleasure to share:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

New tatt cancelled till Thursday yet i expect to get a fone call cancelling it again that day

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    This forum needs a shitlist.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Goddammit, I'm sick and fucking tired of being sick. All you do is sit around watching the entire Battlestar Galactica series (again) and masturbating. I want to DO things! >:(
    Last edited by Magtig; 02-26-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    This forum needs a shitlist.
    It might, but I really hope this forum doesn't go back to being as mean spirited as it was before. I like it a lot better now, and that's coming from someone who spent plenty of time in the shitlists on the last one.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    Goddammit, I'm sick and fucking tired of being sick. All you do is sit around watching the entire Battlestar Galactica series (again) and masturbating. I want to DO things! >
    Hey, you just described my day off!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I know, I'm reading that thinking, 'Wait, why do I hate that again?'

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    People who set unrealistic deadlines and make meetings without consulting you. Sending dumb ass agendas that anyone who's read a how-to sell book or even a fucking psychology book would see how zero confidence negative - set up for failure your writing is. You're an idiot, I need you got get the fuck out of my way and let me plan and meet with the customer. Or better yet, let's not waste our time. This customer hates us (and probably you specifically), never buys anything from us anyway so be honest, this is just busy work so you can keep your job for another couple of months. Uuuuuuuugghhhh.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    whoops, wrong thread...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Going to the Dr. again, well first time this year i guess. Not happy about it.